Trinidad Hotels

• henri123 profile photo henri123
  • Reviews: 272

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CASA CANTERO: ONE OF MANY CASAS PARTICULARES

This cas on ruben martinez villena street is very central; about 15 minutes walk from the viazul bus station.
There are two rooms, with private bathroom,good breakfast is served in the kitchen so you enjoy the family life.
A bout for generations are living in this house.
Migdalia, the owner, is very helpfull and maybe waiting for you on your arrival at the bus station.

Enjoy the view of the city on the roof of the house.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Photography, Archeology
  • Written March 31, 2013

casa cantero

• socheid profile photo socheid
  • Reviews: 279

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Zobeida Rodriguez: Great apart from the cockerel neighbours

This place is centrally located just a few mins stroll from the bus station and the main square. Zobeida met me at the bus station as was suggested to me she would (to stop the touts there swooping trying to hustle her booking away from her).

The room was lovely, maybe the best I stayed in of the 5 casas I stayed in, the en suite bathroom was similarly very nice and no issues with hot water. Zobeida and her family are nice people and I felt very at home. There's at least 2 other guest rooms and the others when I was there was taken by some senior citizens from Chicago. When I arrived I was asked if I would like dinner at Zobeida's place and when I said yes, I was asked if I would like to eat with the Chicago gang. I did and it was all very pleasant I must say. To make it all the better, the cooking was great, something I would say of 2 of the 5 casas I stayed in.

The 2nd night I was there I went out to a couple of bars to take in some live music. I was baffled when I returned on where to insert the key to get into Zobeida's place. I rang the bell and was let in easily enough. With the benefit of hindsight, next time a little advice would be better asked for.

Only 1 thing went wrong and that was the noise from the cockerels in the morning (there doesn't seem to be any legislation in Cuba against keeping cockerels in urban areas). They start a good couple of hours before sun up. I was so familiar with the noise they were making by sun up that I was able to identify 5 different cockerels chanting away. So much for a good night's sleep. This was a real shame. The fundamental requirements of accommodation are 1) give shelter 2) provide somewhere to sleep. The cockerels completely undermined what would have otherwise been an excellent place to stay. The thing is though, I bet this is the same for any casas around there (In 4 out of 5 casas I stayed in I couldn't get a decent sleep due to external noise). I really want to say good things about Zobeida but I have to report the while story.

• Written March 26, 2012

• rose29 profile photo rose29
  • Reviews: 2

Casa de Peralta: The best food and friendliest host in Cuba

Peralta's house has a little veranda and it is on the right as you head towards the beach in La Boca near Trinidad. One of the last houses on the right. Ask anyone for Peralta and they will show you there.
Otherwise get in touch with the guy who runs www.cubajunky.com and he will give you Peralta's number.
He cooks sea food (if you want it) every night- lobsters or langostines. VERY good food - a thing hard to find in Cuba. He will hire you bikes and introduce you to locals. If you want to visit Trinidad then stay in la boca and get taxis in and out of Trinidad. It is very hot so it is nice to live near the sea rather than inland.

Clean rooms, delicious food, bike hire, friendly atmosphere. The top room is nicer.

• Related to: Beaches, Historical Travel, Music
  • Written May 26, 2011

• Tuna_ank profile photo Tuna_ank
  • Reviews: 699

Casa Dr.Meyer: I saw a nice old house

I didn’t stay there but it looks very nice. Very old building, clean and pretty. Very close to bus station.

• Written December 14, 2010

Entrance of the house

• stevefrancyclancy profile photo stevefrancyclancy
  • Reviews: 9

Casa Hospedaje: Funky fun owner

stayed in good size twin room, private bathroom, hot water, Air conditioning and great food. private terrace, for dinner with great views & close to center. Without doubtthough, the main attraction of this casa is the woner Marisol and her assistant Yinales. Marisol is bubbly full of energy and great fun and yinales was really nice and a great cook. both were happy to sit and have a chat (as was her mother a very nice woman) and Marisol can help you arrange anything for your trip. she helped me arrange cheap private 1 to 1 salsa lessons, a great cheap horse ride trip to tabacco farm and local swimming caves, and our onward journey. Also, gave you your own keys so you did not feel like you were putting them out if the night dragged on a bit late. Casa was previously in Lonely planet, but was left out of last edition, cant imagine why, was my favourite casa in Cuba!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 10, 2008

• Lisl81 profile photo Lisl81
  • Reviews: 1

Casa Azalea y Alfredo: wonderful casa

My husband and I spent five nights here and just loved it. Azalea and Alfredo are so nice - they don't speak english (we don't speak spanish) but they were really good at finding ways to communicate (straight forward stuff like where to take a bus from, etc is no problem anyway - they have a book with translations for all travel-reklated things). The house is in the centre. They have two guestrooms - we never saw the other room - but ours had its own bathroom and airconditioning. It was clean - breakfasts and dinners were elaborate (and the food here was better than any other we had in Cuba) - and they make really nice cocktails! they also have a rooftop terrace where you can have dinner or just hang out. So I can only reccomend staying here. The drawbacks: the hot water didn't always work. A rooster/people getting up and about will probably wake you in the morning.

Reasons to stay here: Azalea and Alfredo are lovely. The food is good. It's centrally located. It's cheap (25 cuc per night, including breakfast -for two).

• Related to: Backpacking, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 7, 2008

• xaver profile photo xaver
  • Reviews: 1230

Casa Maria Eugenia: Really a great colonial house

We really had a great time in this big colonial house.
We got a douple room with air condition and fan, fridge(finally it was full of beers, sprites and water and not empty like in the other casas) and private bathroom.
Rocking chairs all around the casa where you could have a nap, read the local newspaper, listen to music or whatever.
Owners are really kind people that even gave us some gifts before leaving and so avoided me to go around the town to look for souvenirs for friends and relatives.
The room was 25 cuc per njight and breakfats was 4 cuc, more expensive than average but really huge.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 30, 2008

casa

• ainsleigh profile photo ainsleigh
  • Reviews: 127

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Julio Bastida: Most beautiful view!!

Casa Julio Bastida is one of the most unique and beautiful houses we've ever had the chance to stay in. The two-story house, built in 1830, has two rooms available for rent. We stayed in what I assume is the biggest of the two, with its own balcony and washroom. The room featured 2 antique wrought iron beds, air conditioning, and was so breezy and open, having a huge window and barn-style door leading open-air on to the private balcony and the busy residential street below.

Coming from a culture with heat-sealed windows and winter 6-months of the year, waking up to the soft breeze through the window, having that rich Cuban coffee on the terrace in my pyjamas while the sun pokes up over the mountains was the experience I needed to have.

The hosts were really great. Within the first 10 minutes of arriving they had already given us a great map, water, and suggestions on where to eat. One of the nights we were there they hooked us up with a home-cooked Cuban meal and a discussion about local issues. We got the Cuba that Havana just couldn't give us.

The view from the private balcony is amazing. They also have a terrace on the roof from which you can get some incredible views (and pictures) of Trinidad.

• Related to: Backpacking, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written November 25, 2007
Tip Photo

View from the balcony on a cloudy day

• rafgys profile photo rafgys
  • Reviews: 263

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mimi Montalvan: Casa Particular ...

It’s a lovely family… you get your own room and bathroom at the house’s backyard, it’s quite private. They will always offer you to cook for you… for what I paid 5 CUC for dinner, and 2.50 CUC for breakfast.

The house is in the old town… blocks from the main square, the post office and pretty much… everything!

When I stayed here… I paid 15 CUC, but I understand that if you go on the high season… it’s usually more expensive.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written May 8, 2007

• Saringuis profile photo Saringuis
  • Reviews: 108

Casa particular

Trinidad has so many casa particular, there is no need to arrange one in advance. There is a great one which is located right next to the casa de la musica. It is run by a man and his mother. Unfortunately I can’t rember the name of the casa. You can always pass by and check out if there is a room available. The house is big and the location is absolutely perfect. That is if you don’t mind waking up from the sounds of the congas next door! In the morning your hosts makes sure you have a good breakfast at whatever time you wish. There is also the possibility of eating dinner of lunch at your casa. The owner seems to insists strongly on that.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written January 10, 2007

• TravellingSpirit profile photo TravellingSpirit
  • Reviews: 21

Casa de Nenita: A real home from home

This casa particular is right in the centre of Trinidad and Nenita is lovely as well as being a very good cook. I didn't stay here but my friend and my brother did and they both loved it and I ate here and can confirm that she is a very good cook. This is where I will stay when I go back to Trinidad.

The rooms are comfortable and there is a flush toilet and shower.

Nenita doesn't speak much English, but there is usually someone about who does and my brother managed fine staying there when he speaks no Spanish. The email address I have given below is for a friend of Nenita's, Jesús, who speaks excellent English. If you phone the number given from outside Cuba you need to precede with whatever the code for Cuba is in your country (probably 0053) and then drop the first '01', but only phone if your Spanish is good, other wise email Jesús.

This house is one part of Trinidad that I am very glad I found.

Cost per night was $25 (25 CUC)

Wonderful hospitality and a chance to meet some lovely Cuban people. It's central location is a real bonus.

• Written December 27, 2006
Tip Photo

• dale_cooper profile photo dale_cooper
  • Reviews: 1

Casa Leonardo Reyes: A neat casa particular near Plaza Mayor

We have been to this cozy casa particular in July, 2005 and it was a wonderful experience. Staying with friendly local people in a well-preserved colonial house - what more could you want for accommodation in Cuba ?

Beautiful well-preserved colonial house, in the downtown.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 16, 2006

Casa particular Leonardo Reyes

• illa profile photo illa
  • Reviews: 225

Yirina y Chichi: My Favorite Casa Particular in Cuba

We arrived in Trinidad by long distance bus from Havana. The terminal is right in town. While walking out of the terminal, there are some kids promoting their casa particulares by cards or photos. Honestly in a historical small city like Trinidad, I'm pretty sure you'd be pleased following any of them home. They are all colonial style houses.

However, we followed this big boy Yosvoldo as he is so perfectly good looking. And we were happy to find the house very beautiful, the room very clean, the front lobby super spacious, the colourful parrot very cute, the food Yirina made very delicious, the stay very pleasant.

Shrimps and conchachara drink Yirina makes are very good.
Yosvoldo speaks good English, but still he "forced" me to speak Spanish. I liked the practise.
You feel like a family memeber there...

• Written April 1, 2006

• Cindyep profile photo Cindyep
  • Reviews: 10

Hostal Ana: Great Casa

Ana and Raoul are extremely friendly and welcoming. Raoul is a bar tender at a hotel at the beach so has a good grasp of english. Ana only speaks Spanish but we had no problem communicating with her.

They offer a clean room upstairs with a double bed and single bed that is fan cooled and has a remote control colour TV. The room has its own clean and modern bathroom with shower and toilet.

Ana can provide meals such as breakfast 3-4 cuc and dinner 8 cuc for chicken, pork & fish and 10 cuc for shrimp. If Ana offers you a bottle of wine for dinner I advise you pass this up as it is expensive and tastes like vinegar. Ana will also do your washing.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Music, Arts and Culture
  • Written February 8, 2006
Tip Photo

• stefaerie profile photo stefaerie
  • Reviews: 6

Hostal de Elsa Hernandez Monteagudo: Casa Particulare

This Casa is actually in Playa "La Boca", about 3-4 km from Trinidad and about 8-10 km from Playa Ancon.
Perfect for a quiet getaway.

Our host was very friendly and accommodating, arranging hikes, bikes and horseback riding for us, among other things.
THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING!!!
Some Spanish is necessary.

• Written February 15, 2005