Santiago de Cuba Hotels

Our Members Say

• Tuna_ank profile photo Tuna_ank
  • Reviews: 699

Casa Lena: Great hospitality

That casa was nice. Owner Mm. Elena was a great person. Please say my best wishes if you stay there.

Breakfast was good too...

• Written December 13, 2010
Tip Photo

Door of my casa. Attention to sign for casas!

• flossiebebe profile photo flossiebebe
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa gisela: Great location , very clean

2 bedrooms each with own shower/mini fridge/fan/AC. On upper level with own outdoor patio / eating area, double beds

Very short walk to Park Serrano and Entramada pedestrain street. Very large breakfast for 2.50 and large dinners also available. Will do laundry. Eng, german and Spanish spoken. Can arrange a local driver . Prices are average for area.

• Related to: Family Travel, Women's Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written January 31, 2008
Tip Photo

dining patio, facing one bedroom

• flossiebebe profile photo flossiebebe
  • Reviews: 2

Hotel Versalles: Clean and a great pool

This hotel just 1/2 km from the centre of the old city is very clean, great bathrooms and a lovely huge pool overlooking the city. Some rooms have mini bars. Food is good, but buffet only when tour buses are staying there.

Great pool.....very clean, nice grounds
Best for those with a car or motor bike

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Seniors, Historical Travel
  • Written January 31, 2008

Hotel patios

• guarapera profile photo guarapera
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gerardo Duque de Estrada Riera: My favorite place in Santiago de Cuba.

This is a wonderful, spacious, calme and appropriate house to stay in Santiago. Great location (200 meters from the central main square), and really nice and kind family.
Facilities are great too (clean and spacious rooms with a private bathroom and air-conditioned, and agreable and beautiful entrance)
You can have a breakfast in the house for $2.50 per person and dinner for $5 (you need to advice the family in advance)
Prices are for bedroom, not for person, so you can share yours.
I absolutely recomend this guesthouse. Confort, safety and guaratee for clients are the most important in this house.

My experience with Gerardo and Josefa's family was excellent. They made me feel like a member of their family.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 29, 2007

• roguegoat profile photo roguegoat
  • Reviews: 1

Casa: Casa Sr. Antonio Abad Vallo

This was a great spot 2 streets back from Carnaval action. Lovely people with great rooms and awesome backyard with parrot!. His Daughter speaks great English and she really helped us with advice on area.

• Written August 26, 2007

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa de Mery y Tania: One of the best in Santiago!!

Casa Mery y Tania (mother and daughter), is a beautifully completely restored casa with a great garden and backyard. They rent 2 rooms with AC, private bathrooms with H&C running water.

The Lady of the house is Mery (helped by Tania, who is a medical doctor), a very friendly and accommodating hostess who will prepare meals at a reasonable price, as required and on request. The woman cooks fabulous meals from scratch, so you don't have to go out if you don't want it to.

The location of this place is perfect...I could just walk 100 yards and I would be standing by the main avenue that connected the city with Siboney beach......right there I used to catch cabs and buses, but if i didn't want to wait and I wanted my own car, it was a rent-a-car office basically next door to Hotel Las Americas or Hotel Santiago.

In the evenings the fashion show at La Maison (just around the corner) is a "must".

Recommended: walk 200 yard and visit the city's zoo.

• Related to: Zoo, Family Travel, Travel with Pets
  • Written April 2, 2007

Front view of the house

Casa de Mery y Tania: First trip to Santiago

Im a dutch guy, spent 2 months in Cuba this spring.A considerable amount of this time I stayed in a great casa in Santiago and had a great time there, thanks largely to the owners of the house I stayed in. Mery and Tania (mother and daughter) went out of their way to help me.

I can say for myself that I came to Cuba with a wish of getting to know the real cuba, and that I found in this house. After a couple of days I felt like I was part of the family....

The house is just 5 minutes from Hotel Santiago and from La Maison, two areas where people gather to meet friends and stroll about (and which are also the two most popular cruising areas).

They charged 18 CUC a day per room (I stayed longer than 2 weeks so I got a special price), with AC, a private bathroom and a fridge and TV in your room. Mery speaks English and Tania speaks French. Mery also made very good breakfasts with plenty of fruit, fresh bread, homemade jam and fried eggs. Generally the food in Cuba was not very exciting, but I must say that breakfasts in Casa Particulares are really good

I thoroughly recommend the place, it really made my trips extra special!

Contact Mery and Tania here: sergio_grey@hotmail.com

Great family, nice rooms, an extra large "patio" (back yard), completely separated from other houses (which is very rare in Santiago).

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 1, 2006

Front view of the house

• Cindyep profile photo Cindyep
  • Reviews: 10

Casa Maruchy: Comfortable Casa

We had a very comfortable & clean room with a double and single bed. The room had a remote control fan.

The bathroom was right next door and was for our own personal use.

Jose speaks excellent english. Maruchy is a lovely lady and fantastic cook. If you decide to eat dinner here go for the chicken - it tasted as good as KFC. We also had fish which was just as nice. Breakfast is 3 - 4 cuc and dinner is 8 cuc for chicken or fish

• Written February 8, 2006

Casa de Mery y Tania: Like in my own house

Casa de Mery y Tania: particular house run by mother and daughter. We (including our 2 years old daughter) have stayed here already twice in different years and I'm convinced I'll come back. They make you feel all the time like in your own house.

This house is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful in Santiago, it was built by a spanish blacksmith end of the 50s before he left the country. Completely separated by gardens from the other houses , a great "patio" with trees, a garage to park your car in safety. It is located in the vicinity of La Maison (a "hot spot" in Santiago, with fashion shows in the evening, after the shows you can practice your dancing skills) and Hotel Santiago (with internet room).

There are two rooms available with double beds, air conditioner, private bathroom. One of the rooms has an independent entrance so you can get lucky if you can book it. When we stay there in the evenings we use to sit in the "patio" and enjoy mojitos before going out for some fun. We paid $20 for the room (we just stayed a couple of days) but if you stay longer you can get a better deal.

Mery is a great cook and you shouldn't leave before eating her "arroz a la marinera", it's like a spanish paella but with a cuban touch. You get a lot of food for just $5 to $7.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 4, 2006

Front View

• devillush profile photo devillush
  • Reviews: 20

Martin y Esperanza: Casa Particular in Santiago de Cuba

Wow! This house is one of my favourite places I've stayed in Cuba. It's a narrow but spacious colonial house near the centre of Santiago de Cuba. They have two rooms with twin beds on the second floor that share a bathroom and a terrace, where they serve excellent meals. There are stairs up to the roof where you can get a good view of the city. Martin speaks english well and is very helpful.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 17, 2005
Tip Photo

The terrace from the rooftop at night

• TOFFY profile photo TOFFY
  • Reviews: 75

Hotel Sierra Mar: Sierra Mar - Big Resort

The Sierra Mar is a beautiful resort hotel built up the side of a mountain. Consequently there are a lot of stairs, especially if the elevator is not working (which it wasn't) But stairs are good for you, especially after you have eaten all the food you can handle.
The views are good here, the sand is dark. They offer all the usual water sports, including off shore diving trips and deep sea fishing.
Local tours are offered, incuding one to a huge bat cave, and if you are in a group, you can ask the bus to take you wherever you like. It's all a matter of payment.

The entertainment here was exceptional, and New Year's Dinner under the stars was an exceptional meal....and reasonably priced for a New Year's event.
There is a restaurant down on the beach which is also very pleasant.
This hotel, however, is an hour from Santiago, and so going there becomes a major trip.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 20, 2004

• TOFFY profile photo TOFFY
  • Reviews: 75

Hotel Corales: Hotel Corales - a quieter resort

We stayed for a week here, and it was very pleasant....small enough to have a family feeling about it. The beach was very pleasant, left in a very natural state, but clean. The food was good, but the entertainment very low key. It was excellent value

The hotel is close by to the Parque Baconao, and Siboney Beach which is a Cuban beach. Trips to Santiago, however, are an hour away, so that it becomes a major trip to go to town.
There was a little horseback riding, and a coral reef just off the beach which made the kayaking a little more interesting.
We left the hotel for three days in a rented car, and made out way to Baracoa, returning in time to rest up before the flight home.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 20, 2004

Hotel Caroles beach

• Alain_Smeets profile photo Alain_Smeets
  • Reviews: 286

Hot and sweaty places

Our Casa particular in Santiago isn’t that good. We are spread over 3 places in the city, 2 next to each other and the other 10 minutes from us. But that’s not a big deal, and our rooms have lots off space but are also very hot because they are just located beneath the flat roof. I’m just sitting here and I’m sweating like a pig. So we go downstairs to watch the baseball game Pinar against Havana before we go out to eat.
When we get back in our room I hope to sleep good, because we are tired from the long trip (coming by bus from Santa Clara). Changing into my sleeping outfit brings already the sweat on my face, oh my what is it hot. And if I lay myself on the bed I notice that my bed is bulge and I have constant the impression that I role out of my bed. What a terrible night, sweating and almost rolling out of my bed the whole night.

So Thursday 15 May starts with: “Oh my God, it’s already time to get up.”

The next nights were the same, but we used the room to come together before we went to bed and finish our bottles of rum.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 5, 2003

• RickL profile photo RickL
  • Reviews: 177

Sierra Mar Resort: Sierra Mar Resort

This is the isolated all-inclusive resort of Sierra Mar. It was added to my plane ticket for about $60 more. It was a good base from which to roam around the Oriente. I was there in Low season and there were 70 people in a resort with 200 rooms!

• Written October 5, 2002

• RickL profile photo RickL
  • Reviews: 177

My favorite casa particulare...

My favorite casa particulare in Santiago:

'Casa Catedral'
Sra. Norma Arias Puentes

It's signposted and right behind the Rumbos office at Parque Cespedes. Great location and actually quite quiet despite it's proximaty to the park. It's a private apartment with bathroom, A/C, and seperate entrance.Norma is a great cook and will cook generous meals for $5 to $7! Her husband Manolo speaks some English.
$20/night