Av. de los Eucaliptos and Circunvalacion, Santa Clara, Santa Clara, Cuba

National chorusNational chorus

Train monumentTrain monument

Che museumChe museum

train museumtrain museum

Sol Cayo Santa Maria Resort - Anyone ever gone in October?

by Rosemuffin77

Hello All!

My husband and I and our neighbours are going to the Sol Cayo Santa Maria resort in Snata Clara Cuba this Ocotober (2005). Has anyone ever gone in October, or better yet anyone going this October as well to this resort? We're not sure what the weather will be like, but have read that it may be rainy but that's about it.

Any advice or tips for our upcoming trip would be great!

Thanks everyone!

RE: Sol Cayo Santa Maria Resort - Anyone ever gone in October?

by Halin

Have been to Cuba twice in Oct. Did not have a problem, but it is the end of the hurricane season, so anything can happne.

RE: Sol Cayo Santa Maria Resort - Anyone ever gone in October?

by mandy6979

Myself, husband and our 13 year old daughter are going to the Melia Cayo Santa Maria hotel on 16th October this year. From what i understand, there are only the 2 hotels in the resort and you can use both hotels, although you are only able to eat in the one you are booked in to. Like yourselves, we are not sure what the weather will be like. Hopefully it will be nice.

Are you flying from Gatwick? A good holiday review site to go on to is www.tripadvisor.com There are loads of review on there for the Sol Cayo and the Melia Cayo hotels in Santa Maria. They all warn of mosquitos though, so it looks like we will need to take plenty of strong 50% Deet mosquito repellent.

Travel Tips for Santa Clara

No merchandising

by xaver

My favourite thing of this town is the reason why I came, the Che mausoleum.
We never bought books or other stuffs about Che in Cuba cause we thought to find a bigger choice in Santa Clara as it was the city of his mausoleum. We were really surprised when we got out of the museum and saw no merchandasing at all, no souvenir shop, no postcard of che, no stamp, no dvd, nothing at all, this sobriety is definitly my fondest memory of the town.

The green 3-peso note of Che Guevara

by Alain_Smeets

When you look around, maybe you will find a Cuban who will sell you this note of Che.

Many tourists want to get their hands on such a bill and lot's of Cubans want to trade it in for a dollar bill.

This one I traded in Santiago-de-Cuba in the castle when a Cuban presented it too me. It's a nice memory of Cuba.

The most important site that...

by Casa_Mercy

The most important site that you have to visit in Santa Clara is the Che Guevara Square. This is situated to centre-west of the city and is one of the most important historical monuments in the province. This is the site of the museum and mausoleum, where the mortal remains of the legendary guerrillero and his companions in struggle, who died with him in Bolivia, have been laid to rest.

The red 3-peso note of Che Guevara

by Alain_Smeets

At the end of our holiday in Baracoa, a barber talked ot me, he wanted to shave me, but instead I got this bill from Ché.

Santa Clara

by BarbieGirl

The wagons by Josè Delarra - Carretera Camajuani. In 29 december 1958 commander Che Guevara provoqued the derailment of the 22 wagons of the train, defeating Batista. Now there's a museum inside the wagons where you can find weapons, pics and historical info about the battle....

Comments