Victoria Street, P.O. Box 519, Roseau, Dominica, Caribbean
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Fort Young Hotel

by SMeeds about Fort Young Hotel

US$95 - US$230 In 1720 a rough wooden Fort was built by the French on the same site that the Hotel sits on today. In 1761 British forces overran this fort when they captured the island and 9 years later major construction began on Fort Young, named after the island's first British Governor. These are the same walls that are now part of the Hotel.

by SunnyIsle about Fort Young Hotel

I paid $95.00 US per night that only covered the cost of the room. I felt like back in time in the days of the pirates and colonists. The rooms are excellent however while in there it is hard not to reflect on the history of the island.
It is even hard not to expect to hear the sound of soldiers.
For lovers of history and ancient buildings this can be a remarkable choice.

Fort Young hotel in Rosseau. I...

by TheMiche

Fort Young hotel in Rosseau. I stayed at the Garraway though (more a business hotel). Fort Young was full (it was Carnival). The best beach hotel .. Castaways on the mid-west coast. Fort Young (as they name would imply) is built on an old Fort .. on a cliff overlooking the bay. The old stone walls are evident throughout the structure, and the sunsets are gourgeous.

by mytapsy about Fort Young Hotel

We stayed here for 1 night. The hotel is in an old fort and has a lot of facilities ( waterfront restaurant, café, pool, bar and shops).
Our room had a good standard.
On Fridays there is a live band playing and in the courtyard there is a good value barbecue ( 16 EC pP), don’t miss the Happy Hour ( 18.00- 19.00 pm) at the bar for beers and punches. The rum-punch is excellent!
It is not far from the market. Go there an Saturday mornings and have a look at all the fruits and flowers. But it is very crowded!

Restored Hotel dating from the 1770's

by BROOKS about Fort Young Hotel

This hotel is stunning. The rooms are very spacious, clean, well equipped and beautifully furnished, as is the rest of the hotel. Our room had a balcony over the sea, we woke up to the sound of the waves lapping below.
The Fort Young Hotel has 73 guestrooms and suites, all of which have a balcony or patio with ocean views. Rooms are outfitted with redwood furnishings and offer cable/satellite TV, direct-dial phones, and air conditioning. Deluxe Oceanfront rooms have hair dryers, iron/ironing boards, in-room safes, bathtubs, and coffeemakers. Ranked #2 in all of Dominica.
The views over the Caribbean sea with Scott's Head to the left are incredible. The food is fresh and delicious and the staff can't do enough to help. Lovely memories, I'd go back again and again.

Sleep in a Bit of History

by TexasDave about Fort Young Hotel

The original part of this hotel was built as a fort in 1770. There are many different levels of accomodation and prices to match. We were here on a cruise so didn't stay here but I didhave a look around and it seemed very nice. For what it's worth, the cast of "Pirates of the Caribbean-Dead Man's Chest" stayed here while filming the movie.

Where should we stay on our honeymoon?

by molewis

My fiance and I will be traveling to Dominica for our honeymoon. We would like recommendations on where to stay for our honeymoon. My fiance does want to stay at a place that has air conditioning.

Thanks for the advice,
Mollie

Re: Where should we stay on our honeymoon?

by clmetal

I have never been but I understand it is very poor and probably less than ideal for a honeymoon

Re: Where should we stay on our honeymoon?

by farmas

We are also going to Rep Dominicana next March 16th. It's a perfect place to spend a hoidays. Dominican are very friendly and it's a quiet place. We are going to Punta Cana, where there are many resorts. There are cheap 5 star hotels by the wonderful beaches. If you go after us we can send some pics and tips.

Re: Re: Where should we stay on our honeymoon?

by Used2BaBeachBunny

Dominica is different from the Dominican Republic!

I'd suggest Fort Young Hotel or Beau Rive. Both have websites. Also check out http://www.avirtualdominica.com

RE: Where should we stay on our honeymoon?

by ptezoe

Dominica is a great place for a honeymoon! The sounds of the rainforest at night, the waterfalls, the wooden cottages... how romantic! Check www.travelbarefoot.com for the perfect place to stay.
Best wishes!