Hotetur Hotel Dominican Bay

Juan Bautista Vicini Esq 20 Diciembre, Boca Chica, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

BelleVue Dominican Bay
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• popoze's Profile Photo

Boca Chica

Nice 3 star Hotel, very friendly people, and the sevice is ok.
    But the whole Hotel need to be renovate, room etc... the gardens are very beautiful.

Unique Quality: There is a big pool and one little one. To go to the beach there is a little bridge over the street .

• Dominican Bay

This is a 3 star hotel, all included service. This is a good Hotel, and employees are great too, as the food. The animation program is full and the animators are great people that will make of your stay a wonderful time (if you go, say Hi to Johnny). When I was working there I used to eat there everyday, but after a month you get tired of always the same food. But still….quality is good. The hotel is divided in two parts: the old one and the new one. If you can choose, choose the new one unless the old one has been renovated, because it was too old.

More about Hotetur Hotel Dominican Bay

Dominican Bay (Boca Chica Resort)

by Valeggua about Dominican Bay

Nice all inclusive resort for a reasonable price, good pool, nice buffet, own private section beach.
It's like a fortress where you can spent your whole holiday eating, swimming, sunbathing, and doing aqua fitness with the animators. We were very happy with the buffet, 3 times a day exellent food. Every night entertainment, but every week the same was getting boring..

The best vacation

I was with my friend at Dominican Bay in the beginning of March and it was grate! The rooms are big with AR, big terrace, food was exellent and the service was fantastic. We were dancing all the time and having fun 247. The best thing is that you can be with the locals and really get to know them! I definitly recommend this place!

Best regards,
Polona Vitez from Slovenia

You get what you pay for

My room at this hotel, also called the Hoteteur Dominican Bay or Hotel Boca Chica, was clean, quiet and pleasent. I stayed in building 18, which is free of some of the ceiling problems of other buildings and far enough from the pool to avoid the noise of that area. I found most of the all-inclusive food inedible and all but the simpler bar drinks, (think Cuba Libre or Cuba Sobre) are watered down or made with fake juice. Still, for the $40/night I paid, I got appropriate value for my money.

Great value for money

After reading a lot of pretty scary reviews, we were really worried
that this place was going to be horrible (it used to be called the Boca
Chica Beach Resort). It turned out to be great! We arrived about an hour before the 3pm check-in, so the staff gave us our wristbands so we
could go and eat while we waited. The rooms were clean, looked exactly like the photos, the airconditioning and TVs worked fine, and there were no insects or water stains like some other reviews mentioned. We stayed in block 18, as suggested by another reviewer, so I'm not sure about the other blocks of rooms. The only problem with our room was the shower drained slowly, and the telephone didn't work (although it did in our friends' room). Minor inconveniences for what we were paying! We booked through a Mexican site, Travel-center, and only paid about 44 US a night each with the all inclusive, which was a lot cheaper than other sites were charging, so shop around!

The hotel has 3 pools, only one of which is really good for swimming,
but we spent all our time at the beach anyway. There is also tennis
(bring your own racket, they only had two, and one was broken), ping pong, pool, foosball. It's about a 5 minute walk to the beach, all on hotel
property, and the hotel has its own private area with the bar (and
nightclub) where there's lounge chairs, and the beach vendors aren't allowed in. We didn't find the vendors to be pushy at all, just say no.

The food at the buffet was decent enough. Would always be a fish dish,
potato dish, vegetable dish, beef dish, chicken dish, and then a roast
or something similar. There was also a salad bar, and great desserts.
The best meal was breakfast, but you have to be by ten for it. We never
ate at the "a la carte" restaurants. There is also a snackbar by the
pool that has burgers and hot dogs during the day, and the bar by the
beach serves them as well as night. If you're staying for longer than a
week I could definitely see how the buffet food would start to wear on
you, so be aware of that.

Boca Chica has a rep as being a crazy party town with a lot of hookers,
but we didn't really find that at all. There definitely were a few
hookers out at night, but it wasn't blatant, and was just on the main strip
in town. It was actually a lot quieter than expected, maybe we weren't
there at the right time (mid march).

The beach is pretty nice, but not amazing. Nice white sand. There's a
shipping yard off to the right that you can see in the distance, but it
didn't draw your attention the whole time or anything like that. It's a
natural lagoon, so most of it is really shallow, but is over your head
in the middle.

I would most definitely reccommend this hotel. If you're looking for
high class, then Boca Chica isn't the place for you, but if you just want
nice rooms with decent food, and nonstop drinks (the beach bar doesn't
close until 5am) then I would check out the Dominican Bay.

Unfair reviews

by TripAdvisor Member ozzbozz22

Having booked a holiday last minute over the web, not knowing anything about Hotetuer Dominican Bay, when I fell upon this website I was absolutely aghast by the previous review and immediately began dreading my holiday. So much so that I went to great lengths to get myself and my boyfriend moved to a different hotel. However, (and thankfully) we were going to have to pay a small fortune to change so we decided to stick with Hoteteur DB. The transfer from Punta Cana took forever, and on the way we dropped of other holiday makers at their resorts - mainly of the 5* variety and as you can imagine my trepidation grew significantly. Consequently what a pleasant suprise it was three hours later to arrive at HDB. Unlike many of the resorts it is in town, so you can escape the conflines of an all inclusive without the hassle of catching a cab/bus etc. Our room was a suite, including large balcony, sitting room, kitchen, bedroom with a king size and double bed and 2 bathrooms. OK so it wasn't sumptiously plush, but it was perfectly habitable, comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff were very friendly. They don't speak perfect English, but its not a problem. The two pools were perfectly adequate (although didn't use them as Boca Chica beach is pure carribean and couldn't bare to lie by pool when had a lagoon but a five minute walk away - a walk, I might add, that is entirely on hotel property - so those that don't want to leave the complex don't have to. The food - again pleasantly surprised was dreading the worst. The dining hall lacks charachter and atmosphere, but whilst the food served isn't brilliant, it certainly isn't vile. And I definately recommend the black rice with squid and the stuffed peppers. Breakfast was all you could ask for cereal, toast, croissants, cooked - everything really. Lunch - you could either eat at the buffet in the complex or have a beach lunch (burgers, fish etc) and supper changed each night. We visited friends at the Hilton one evening and their food was bogging, so we counted ourselves lucky! However, I have to admit, as one that doesn't really 'do' buffets we did venture out for food elsewhere in Boca Chica on a number of nights. A word of warning hover, the A La Carte restuarant Chinese Garden is abysmal and the all inclusive meun is extremely limited. I shouldn't bother going. Better food at the buffet.
Bocha Chica seems to get a bad write up too, but honestly out of season (don't know about in season) it's friendly and there are plenty of places to get a Presidente and lobster. The cocktails at the hotel were overly sweet and quite limited, so didn't drink nearly as much as I imagined. We ended up buying bottles of Rum from the local Supermarket (£3 for a litre) and sat and drank on the balcony listening to the 'entertainment' below. I'm not one fror 'organised fun' so we didn't go to any of the caberets but judging from the response of the crowd it all went down well.
The only warning to Brits - if you like a holiday with other British people don't come here. At the time we were the only English guests, being entirley overwhelmed by French, Germans, Spanish and Puerto Ricans. To us this didn't pose a problem at all.

Miserable Nine

The rooms were deplorable, cleanliness was a real issue. Meals were okay. Security was just about non-existent. Terrible trouble with 8 foreign tourists who were terrorizing the hotel and all the guests and manager refused to have them evicted after numerous reports of problems, until they finally had a physical confrontation with a German tourist. Then and only then did the police remove them and take them to the airport.

The hotel has gone downhill considerably since four years ago when we were there. The travel agent had requested all 6 rooms on one floor, building at the back and we ended up in rooms all over. One of the rooms had a ceiling hanging down in the bathroom and you literally could not breath in the room with all the mold. They had to move the couple to another room. Our room had mold along the ceiling and down the wall and the bathroom was disgusting. The day before we left we finally had hot water (the rest of the time the water was between frigid and luke warm.

We were shuttled from building to building until we could find rooms that were tolerable.

Price was very reasonable, but be prepared to get what you paid for.

The Miserable Nine

Good budget resort

My girlfriends and I all went to this resort and had a great time. The beach was beautiful and the water, blue and crystal clear. You can almost walk clear across the bay. There are all kinds of activities and lessons you can take through the resort. There are some things that aren't included in the all inclusive, scuba lessons, hair braiding, things like that. But most everything is covered. The food was pretty good and you are able to try some food you don't normally see around here. The wine at the buffet was horrible, but the beer wasn't too bad.
It seemed like this was a popular place for Europeans. We heard a lot of French and Spanish, and a lot of the women were topless on the beaches.
Our room wasn't the best. We did find 2 huge roaches in our room and we had a lot of trouble with our toilet leaking. But, we really weren't in our room a whole lot, so it didn't matter too much. It was a roof over our heads and that's all we were after.
The staff was really nice. They remember who you are and were very friendly. The activities people always had something going and encouraged you to get involved. For the price we paid we were satisfied with our stay.

Disappointing

Well... This being our honeymoon vacation... I was, to say the least, very disappointed. Our first room had two beds... and the bathroom looked like it wasn't finished being built. Pipes were exposed... just not very pleasant. Very outdated! The walls were so bright... forget relaxing and trying to sleep. We were finally able to get a new room. And were able to get a "honeymoon suite"... which still, for some reason, had two beds! But the room seemed to be a little more updated... neutral walls. Better... but right next to the pool and the loud music and entertaining! Only had one place to eat.. besides the grill at the pool. Food was great at the pool... but the buffet was just okay. No one speaks English.. very frustrating. And the beach... in addition the oil place across the way- making for not so nice scenery, you had to walk like 10 minutes to get there... the resort is not beachfront! Once you were on the beach... you were bombarded by people selling stuff and trying to give you a massage... It being our honeymoon... I was extremely frustrated by all the topless women!!!! This resort was home to many french tourists. We sent our clothes to the laundry the first day.. and they lost a tie to my brand new tank top.When I tried to ask about it... They had no idea what I was talking about.. and never looked for it. Weather was nice. But that's about it. We actually left 2 days early. I loved the time with my new husband... but would have enjoyed a more elaborate and clean resort. Oh yeah... spent one night chasing a few cockroaches in our room!!!!!!!!

Hotetur Dominican Bay - is it good?

by GraceH

For the Panamerican Games, judges and officials will be staying at the Hotetur Dominican Bay. Is it a nice hotel? How many stars would you give it? Any info would be appreciated...I've looked everywhere on the Internet for some photographs of the place, without any luck!
Grace

by acohiba

it's actually in Boca Chica according to this website. That's about 45 minutes from the capital. Hope this helps. http://www.webdominicana.com/hotel-0-en-bocachica.html

by GraceH

Thank you, I'll check it out.

by REYNALDOPICHARDO

Hotetur Dominican Bay (formerly the Boca Chica Beach Resort).
Well to be honest I only stayed there for about a week a year ago, and was not to crazy about going back there, the rooms were ok, and service was very good too, the food was better than the one being served at the Hamaca Hotel, since it was all inclusive, you have to wear the dumb bracelets, and is quite hard to have friends visit you there, since only guests are allowed in, but it's pretty much expected anyhow.

I would give it 3 stars.

Arturo

by acohiba

Do you have any information on when each activity is supposed to be taking place for the pan am games? I'm going down there for the second week in August and can't find any information on the web as to when each gaming event is occurring. Thanks for any info you can provide.

by REYNALDOPICHARDO

One of the events schedule:

Arturo

by acohiba

Thanks for the info. It looks like they haven't completed making the schedule yet.

Comments