Boca Chica Hotels

Our Members Say

• BocaCharlieChica profile photo BocaCharlieChica

OASIS HAMACA: Upgraded Resort

What can I say about Miss Coral? I will begin by clearly stating, THIS IS NOT A HILTON HOTEL! The resort was purchased by a company in/from Spain. The upgrades to the Hamaca (since the purchase) are awesome/amazing. Miss Coral has been upgraded. 11/14/08 was my 13th stay at Oasis Hamaca and I have seen the transformation. (I usually go 3 times a year and was married at this resort 5/2005) I used Bookit.com (which is always - ALWAYS - cheaper than the advertised sites. I used Bookit and got my room for $49 a night!!!!!!! Brand new room, double, at an all-inclusive resort for $49 a night.

I guess this resort was not on the "hot & poppin" list for the Hilton's so it was just there. I was purchased 1.5 years ago and the renovations began immediately. I used this resort, reluctantly I might add, as it is 10 mins from my family and it is all-inclusive. Now I will return knowing I am really going on vacation.

My American friends and I were pleasantly surprised by all that we encountered. I was also a little salty that my wedding could have been so much better if I was married at the resort today. But whatevs!!!!!

10) Internet Room

9) Outdoor Grilling - top chefs are grilling and grilling

8) No more Chocolate Friends - the company that provided the entertainment. BRING THEM BACK. Whomever they use now---suck!

7) Plasma TVs - too many to count.

6) shooting stars - yep, I saw 4 in one night as me and my husband sat on our deck in front of the infinity pool and watched the sunrise.

5) New Rooms: Our room, #009, was 5 feet from the infinity pool. We would walk onto our deck, down 2 steps, and put our towels on the pool chairs.

4) Piano & Cigar bars have been added throughout the resort. Niiiiiiiice.

3) beach! beautiful.

2) Infinity Pool - huge, long, double-decker pool...on the freaking beach. niiiiiiiiiiiiice

1) New Spa! A real spa. A European Spa! Hello!!!!! My massage (which I usually have on the beach-but used the spa for the first time) was mind blowing. The prices were right and the list of treatments/massages are long.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Spa and Resort
  • Written December 18, 2008

• GypsyMan profile photo GypsyMan

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Magic Tropical Hotel: Budget Hotel

This is a good budget hotel for someone looking to relax for a few days. The rooms dont have airconditioner but the island breeze is plentiful. The pool is quite inviting. There is a small dining shack good for breakfast. It is close to the beach district and the tourist zone. It is also secured.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 5, 2006

Hotel Don Juan: Hotel Don Juan

This hotel is just next to the Boca Chica Resort, but is even closer to the beach. This one is just bed and breakfast but I’ve heard many good things about it, so give it a chance.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Theme Park Trips, Business Travel

• Bigjones profile photo Bigjones
  • Reviews: 367

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Don: Cheap accommodation

If you are on a budget, you can find very simple but functional rooms there : one bed, one sink, one cupboard. Common bathroom (hot water not guaranteed). Air conditioning (if you are lucky, it was not my case but I had a discount because of that and only paid 13 $ per night).
There are also more expensive rooms better equipped with private bathroom and appartments with kitchen.

Friendly service.
Very cheap. Discount for longer stay.
Near the main road (easy to find if you come by "guagua").
Easy access to the main shopping area and the beach two blocks away.
Bar and restaurant.
Laundry service.
Nice little swimming-pool.
Credit cards accepted.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 12, 2003

• oldanalyst profile photo oldanalyst

Hostal Zapata: A gem in Boca Chica, DR

The Zapata is a clean, well managed, conveniently located hotel in Boca Chica, DR. Prices are reasonable, the staff is excellent and the food is excellent. My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in January, 2009. We loved the ready accessibility to the protected beach area.

The rooms vary in size but are all adequate. The service staff does an outstanding job of making you feel at home and the cleaning staff does an outstanding job of keeping the place clean and neat - not easy with all the sand from the beach.

The only negative we have is the low lighting level in the rooms (not uncommon in the DR). This will probably change as the older fluorescent bulbs are replaced with the higher output high efficiency bulbs.

We drove from the airport in Santo Domingo and used the hotel as a central point in traveling east on the island to San Pedro de Macrois and Hato Major as well as to the west to Santo Domingo.

An island and reef protect the beach in front of the hotel from heavy waves making a rather large area safe for swimming. There is a small bar on the hotel property and the property is gated. It was interesting to watch baseball players in waiting exercise on the beach early in the morning.

We loved our stay!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Eco-Tourism, Road Trip
  • Written January 25, 2009

• rnormfoto profile photo rnormfoto

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hamaca Coral by Hilton: not what you're hoping for....

I suppose your expectations of a hotel in the Caribbean have to be different than one on the states. I stayed at the Coral recently with a group of 6 people – and here’s the real lowdown….
The rooms are ‘ok’…not great but not totally horrible. They are a tad dingy and look no where are bright and clean as the hotels online photos. Very basic accommodations. It took 3 days to get a hand towel and washcloth. There is no shampoo. The soap they give you is small and awful (bring your own goodies) I called housekeeping for a toilet plunger and they asked, “What is that used for?” Our table lamp bulb broke off and we couldn’t get it replaced, so we had almost no light in the room. They give you 2 large bottles of water each day, which is nice. They also give you 2 beers and 2 sodas, but you have to call room service to get the fridge unlocked. There is no Internet in the rooms. There is a safe with no lock, as you have to pay for that on a daily basis (!!) The beach is nice but not very large. The food---well, lets just say almost everyone got sick at one point, but in all fairness it could have been his or her accidentally ingesting tap water or ice. If you’re used to good food, don’t expect much. If Applebee’s is your idea of a great night out, you’ll probably love it. Needles to say they keep you plenty boozed up so you don’t think about it as much. The ‘Santa Fe’ restaurant seemed to have the best food. The Italian place served rock hard meat, and the Dominican restaurant had us waiting 2 hours for food to be served. The entire property is surrounded with razor wire, so if you feel at all guilty about how poor the country is, that will only exacerbate it. Don’t expect to leave the property for a stroll. I highly suggest the horseback riding (an extra fee but worth it) at the Guavaberry country club about 20 minutes away.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Fishing, Horse Riding
  • Written February 9, 2007

• nena2997 profile photo nena2997
  • Reviews: 9

Hamaca Coral by Hilton - All Inclusive: Bargaining

We stayed at the Coral Hamaca for 5 days in April. The hotel is beautiful. The food and drinks are good and we felt very safe around the hotel. There is not a lot to do in Boca Chica, but make sure you hit the markets for some unique gifts. There are usually vendors that set up right on the hotel property. They have nice things, but are a bit more pricey than outside the hotel. If you venture out into the town there is a better selection. Bargaining is expected and its a good way to practice your Spanish! The hotel is good about making travel arrangements for city tours and so on. I recommend the 4 wheeler tour! What an adventure!

Beautiful beach and pool area.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written January 13, 2008

• hydg profile photo hydg

Hamaca Coral by Hilton: great time

I thought it was a great hotel. I Think the above writer must learn how to spell before writing. Beside who would take an opinion from what that person wrote? I could barely understand.
Very embarrasing.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 29, 2006

General idea: Intro

Hotels in Boca Chica are all quite good, but you have to take into consideration a couple of things before choosing where to stay. There are two types of hotel: bed and breakfast and all Included. The all included are quite good and not so expensive for what you pay (apart from the Marriott, which is quite expensive), and the bed and breakfast is very cheap. Normally all hotels are clean, and I know because I’ve been working in hotels there. Another way of travelling there is renting a house. This is not done by many, because it involves more risks, and you need to find the person that hires you the house, but if you are looking forward to have the greatest time of your life, this would be the choice. There is always a but….and in this terms is that you have to take into consideration when choosing where to stay (if it’s a private house) because some areas can be Very Dangerous.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, School Holidays, Work Abroad

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Near the beach: Hostal near the beach

You can find a room in a place of his (this is a small hostel, for the kind of persons that just need a bed, a bath and a wardrobe for the holidays). And he will take you to the local restaurants, where Dominicans eat. He is a bit crazy, and never compete with him in drinking otherwise he will win and you will have a really bad hangover, I can tell you, although I don’t remember much…

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Family Travel
  • Written January 10, 2005

• alfredop profile photo alfredop
  • Reviews: 227

Hamaca Coral by Hilton: Best Option

European and North American guests come here for sun, sea, and after-dark action, the latter centered around a lively disco and a large casino, both open until 4 AM. The casino contains 70 slot machines, five blackjack tables, five Caribbean poker tables, four roulette wheels, a craps table, a poker table, and keno.

Located near the shops and the casino, the spacious, open-air Baccarat Bar is a tranquil spot for savoring starlit nights near the beach. It offers cushioned seating for comfortable conversations

• Opinion of Price: most expensive