Hostal Palacio Nicolas de Ovando

Hostal Nicolas de Ovando-Mgallery
MGallery Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Santo Domingo

The bathroom in my roomThe bathroom in my room

Danny's fish and saladDanny's fish and salad

Beat up carro públicoBeat up carro público

The restaurant's entranceThe restaurant's entrance

In Search Of A Great Beauty Product

by SAKKARIN

Hi

I was hoping someone could please help me. My parents have recently brought me and my wife back from their trip to Santo Domingo a great product called Pure Dominican Sulphur Cream to use. They brought it off a lone trader with a stall when they were out there. Try as I may I cannot find this item on the internet for sale, I have searched and searched but with no joy.

Has anyone any idea who sells this out there? It had product of The Secret Garden Inn on the front but I cannot find this company on the internet.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

by marielexoteria

I second the word of caution by Ranger49.

Would it be possible to get a picture of the jar or the label?

by YVRDave

by Nibor25

Hi there, I agree with. I went to Dominica about a week ago and i purchased the same product by the sulphur springs. It has on Product of The Secret Garden Inn, Wotton Waven Roseau Valley, Commonwealth of D/ca West Indies, Pure Dominican Sulpur Cream.

Have you tried it as yet? I would love to but i am a bit skeptical. I believe i might call the number which is written on the package.

Travel Tips for Santo Domingo

Dinner at Vesuvio Restaurant...

by cabruja

Dinner at Vesuvio Restaurant and take a car and walk ride by the old and romantic 'Colonial Zone' and 'Avenida del Puerto', after go to the many popular Pops and Cafes at the Linconl's Av. area. The Carnaval atmosphere all the year, the merengue music, the charming of the people and of course the food.

Plaza de la Independencia

by Patricialuv

This is where the rest of the founding fathers are located: Juan Pablo Duarte, Francisco del Rosario Sanchez, and Ramon Matias Mella.

There are like the George Washingon, Lincoln, and Jefferson of the Dominican Republic.

It is located near "El Conde" , also near "El Malecon".

Picadera (starters)

by marielexoteria

These starters I'm going to talk about are available pretty much all over the country, but the reason they're on my Santo Domingo page is because it's there where I've found and eaten them the most.

The Dominican traditional starters or buffet food include:

- Pastelitos: they're like small empanadas or savoury pastries. The difference between empanadas and pastelitos is that pastelitos are round and empanadas are in the shape of a half full moon. The filling possibilities are endless: chicken, ham, ground beef, vegetables...

- Quipes: this is a recipe that we borrowed from the Lebanese/Middle Eastern community living in my country. It's basically a meat ball but made of bulgur and filled with chicken or ground beef and then deep fried.

- Croquetas de pollo: or chicken croquettes. They can also be filled with ham and are pretty much like the ones you can find in Madrid.

- Bollitos de yuca: like croquettes, but with yuca "dough" and filled normally with cheese.

These dishes are usually the buffet food of choice for a lot of events because everyone likes them and because cooks can get creative with the choice of filling and spices. They're also sold in supermarkets, raw for you to fry and enjoy, and in some bakeries.

All the photos in this tip are taken from the link below and are temporary until I can take pictures myself.

Higuey - tropical hills

by bindi777

We rented a "pollito" as they call these yellow taxi vans to visit my husband's family in the countryside in the province of Higuey. I fell in love with this part of the country and vowed to retire here one day!

I recommend the coastal road...

by sketchyhand

I recommend the coastal road from Barahona to Enriquillo in th South West of the country the scenery is incredible. While you are down there, I also recommend Bahia de las Aguilas a beautiful beach in the middle of a brush dessert. There are no tourists, no hotels and you must have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get there, but It is a good day trip from Barahona.

Comments