Naco Hotel &Casino

Migration formMigration form

South American ñandúSouth American ñandú

FLIGHTS EX SANTO DOM,INGO TO POINTS IN THE D R

by englishman007

I have a friend in la caleta who has never been on a plane. I would love to take him on a short flight , say to santiago or Samana butr I can;t find anything on airlines or prices on the web. I see there once was an airline a few years ago but they seem to have gone bust...

by marielexoteria

You're right, the airlines that used to do it have gone bust :(

You might wanna check out Caribair at www.caribair.com.do or Colonial Tours at www.colonialtours.com.do. The airport codes are as follows:

SDQ: Santo Domingo Las Américas
PUJ: Punta Cana International airport, Punta Cana
AZS: Samaná El Catey International airport
JBQ: La Isabela airport, Santo Domingo

by marielexoteria

Sorry about that, by googling the airport code of La Isabela airport I found this that might help you. Google the airlines to find contact info and good luck :) I forgot to mention that I only listed the airports that are actually used, we have some others that nobody really uses (like Barahona).

Airliners and destinations

* Aerolineas Mas (Santiago, Samana-Arroyo Barril, Barahona, Montecristi, Constanza, La Romana, Cabo Rojo, Punta Cana)
* Air Century (Antigua, Barahona, Bridgetown, Constanza, Habana, Fort Lauderdale, Santiago (DR), Miami, Nassau, Holguin, St. Maarten, Providenciales, Varadero)
* Caribair (Aruba, Antigua, Constanza, Barahona, La Romana, Port-au-Prince, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Samana, Santiago (DR), Santiago de Cuba, Aguadilla [Charter], Montego Bay)
* Fly Tortuga (Punta Cana)
* M&N Aviation (San Juan [seasonal])
* Servicios Aereos Profesionales (Santiago, Montego Bay, Habana, Varadero, Santiago de Cuba, Cayo Coco, Grand Cayman, Tórtola, Barbados, St. Marteen, Martinique, Antigua, Aruba, Curaçao, Cancún, Caracas, Isla Margarita, Bogotá, Miami, San Juan (PR), Aguadilla) [Charter service], Samana-Arroyo Barril, Punta Cana)
* Pan Am World Airways Dominicana (San Juan [begins by midle 2008/Pending rights approval]
* VolAir (Aruba, Cap-Haïtien, Port-au-Prince, Santiago (DR))

by englishman007

gracias Mariel- my friend will be so happy if I can get him just a short flight- he has no passport - he's Dominican - but I'd like to show him a good time....thanks so much for the info.. MIke

by englishman007

Mariel- this proved very helpful to me. I am going to book the short flight La Romana to Punta Cana- it will give him a feel for flyign and we can see if he even likes it- he's 32 and never been in a plane- I think it will be something for him to talk to his mates about around some beers at the colmado!

by marielexoteria

Awesome! How much are they charging you?

32 bucks one way for 15 min flight- but that's ok

by marielexoteria

That's more than OK, that's AWESOME!!!!! Which carrier is it?

Travel Tips for Santo Domingo

Museo de Arte Moderno

by Travelchili

Modern Art Museum was founded in 1976 and it contains some important works by the most significant Dominican artists of the last 150 years. For example you can find the murals by Jose Vela Zanetti, the Spanish artist who also painted the murals in the United Nations building in New York. Entrance: Adults - DOP 10 Children and students with I.D. cards-free

Tel: 809 685 2154/56

Let's Do Carnival!

by BTMonica

Carnival in Santo Domingo has to be the world's largest party. It is an insance atmosphere loaded with alcohol, food, dance, and a ton of fun. I use to love the carnival season because I would meet people from all over the Dominican Republic. I never knew just how culturally diverse my people actually were until I started going to carnival.

Dulce de leche a la Dominicana

by marielexoteria

Dominicans have a sweet tooth. One traditional sweet we like is our version of dulce de leche. The traditional one you could find in South American places is creamy while ours is hard, which is why we call it dulce de leche en pasta (paste like, sort of). Ours come not only "solo" (without filling) but also with fruit fillings such as guava and orange. You can buy this sweet in big supermarkets and paradores (bus rest stops).

Christmas in Santo Domingo

by Joan58

I've been in Santo Domingo on November, so I could see Christmas decorations, like the coconut palm trunks encircled by fairy lights and ficus adorned with red bows. It was just a little curios for me, accustomed to the Christmas trees and to the snow. I saw the crib prepared in the Catedral Primada de America

We took an express bus from...

by DanaK

We took an express bus from Puerto Plata to Santiago, and from there the direct bus to Santo Domingo. Remember to have something warm to put on your shouders, as it might get cold becuase of bery good work of the aircondition system.
We rent a taxi which was driving us around for at least half of the day. The prices're reasonable, speciallyas we were five. And don't worry, you can fit even 7 in the same car.. have seen even more people in it when going around Santo Domingo. Just remember to agree on the price before starting the trip wih the taxi.

Comments