Bahia Principe San Juan

Carretera Gaspar Hernandez, km. 18, Rio San Juan, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Orbitz.com Expedia.com CheapCaribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Exellent vacation :)

Myself & 2 friends just came back from a 1 week vacation at Bahia Principe San Juan & it was great. All the bad things you hear are not the case. Our room was great (clean, a/c worked, had hot water, toilet flushed, etc...). The food was good, always a variety. They even have theme nights (but still with the basics). The weather was great all week (the resort can't be held accountable for bad weather). The rum flows freely & there is nightly entertainment (kids show & then adult show, but it is hard to get a seat for the adult shows). We did get sand flea bite on the last day. Just wear Off & you will be fine. There is a prty in the street by the shops in the evenings so the resort is quite for the people who want to sleep. While your there you must go on the Jeep Safari Excursion, but don't book through the hotel. Go to the right of the resort at the end of the beach & book with Campo Tours. They are half the price for the same tour. They even have a deal if you book 3 tours (we did, we booked with Starling, but they are all very nice). I am going back for another visit to this resort soon. I can't wait.

Unique Quality: The staff is great here. They all try to help you out in every way.

More about Bahia Principe San Juan

by beckysko about Bahia Principe San Juan

All Inclusive Resort. Pretty decent facilities for the price. GREAT main pool. Has a 'Club Hacienda' section for a higher price - don't bother with that! It was pretty far from the main area of the resort and the food in that restaurant wasn't that great. Lots of good restaurant selections and food choices were okay.

Cattle call at Bahia Principe

It was nice getting off the bus to a little musical number by the entertainment staff.
It was not nice dealing with the unsmiling, unfriendly, unhelpful, way to business like, reception staff.
Check in and check out were absolutely terrible.
1 woman to handle the 12:00 checkout because the other person was sick and not there. The other reception staff did not lift one finger to help or try the least little bit to smooth the many ruffled feathers of us that were standing in line for 1-2 hrs just to check out.

Housekeeping, bartenders, maintenance and just about every other staff member was wonderful.

When you get a bad taste in your mouth right from the start it is hard to get rid of it, and when you do think it is just about gone it comes back when you are trying to leave it behind.

It is the best hotel, I love it

I love Bahia Principe, It has EVERYTHING you need
for entertainment and you can never get bored there. They have three pools, and in front of the main pool which is the best, activities take place.
They have international drinks, and many restaurants you can go to. They also can teach you how to surf. They have a club in pueblo Principe that is greate. The hotel was very clean, the room service was greate, and the employes were very kind. The only thing I saw that was very un pleasant to my sight was how some European women and girls took off their baithing suit tops in the pool area. That is very disrespectfull. Our cultures are diffrent, they should take that in consideration and think that maybe not all of us are comftarble with women walking around with out baithing suit tops. Besides that, I am willing to go back to Bahia Principe every time I go to the Dominican Republic.

A Great Vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member Kimtee

Let me begin by saying that "Bahia Principe was awesome!!" What a vacation!! We just got back from the Dominican on Saturday Jan 25, 2003. We spent a week there- and it flew by!!

We really enjoyed this vacation. The rooms were so clean, there was a variety of different foods at the resort, and the service was very very good.

Nightly entertainment- EXCELLENT. The animacion team put on some incredible shows!!

Would I go back? IN A SECOND!!!!

the most amazing trip ever

I returned from Bahia Principe on December 22nd 2002 and had the most incredible time! I have been to many resorts in the Dominican, but I must admit that this was my best vacation ever. The resort is absolutely beautiful, no complaints at all. I especially want to praise the staff, particularly the animation team who work very long hours but go out of their way to make sure that you are happy. There was always something to do from spanish lessons to crazy games to stretch classes. The shows and then dancing in the Pueblo and Disco really made the nights fun. I was very sad to go home and leave all the new friends that I had made. I would recommend this resort to anyone, but especially young women.

Wonderful

What a wonderful vacation! The resort is great and the service is exceptional! The rooms were simple, but very clean and well maintained. The beach was nice and the kids activities were a lot of fun. Remember to bring your own insect repellent, as the mosquitos come out at night.

Absolutely Amazing!

Six friends and I went there from Dec 15-22 and we had the most amazing time of our lives. The animacion team was so awesome and made our stay so good. The staff is so good and they made our stay the best ever! Everyday we think about going back!

beckysko's new Dominican Republic Page

by beckysko

Stayed at Bahia Principe San Juan in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic!
Had a great time, good weather (not too hot), lots of great beaches.

Email me for info about the DR or this resort!

The Dominican Republic...the next Hawaii?

by TheTravelSlut

"The beaches & water are what people come here for"

And I can see why. If I did not have similar beaches and water where I live, I would be amazed at what Punta Cana has to offer. The beach sand is some of the best you will experience and there is plenty of it--miles in fact.

The Caribbean blue water is inviting and about 88 degrees right now.

Everyone can enjoy either the sun (be careful though, it burns fast at this latitude) or the shade of a palm tree on the beach.

"My first trip to Punta Cana"

I have friends that have previously visited the Dominican Republic and specifically, the Punta Cana resort area on the southeast side of the island. They all raved about the sand, the beaches, the water and the resorts.

Flying into Punta Cana you land on a modern "tropical" airfield and the terminal is built into huge thatched "palapas" or buildings.

The weather at 17 degrees latitude is more tropical than Florida but not so different that I was affected.

"There's no shortage of great resorts in Punta Cana"

Most resorts are all-inclusive (all you can eat, drink and be entertained with) and nearly all are beachfront or beach-close. I stayed at the Bahia Principe between Breezes and the Riu at the far east end of Punta Cana.

I was able to walk the beach onto Riu property but Breezes was too far away for a quick walk-on inspection.

My resort offered modern amenities, good food, good drink, and a great staff of friendly, helpful people. English was spoken (or understood enough) by 99% of the staff and combined with my limited Spanish, communication was not an issue.

Riverlife on the Río San JuanRiverlife on the Río San Juan

Town of Rio San JuanTown of Rio San Juan

Rio San JuanRio San Juan

In the Pacific in San Juan del SurIn the Pacific in San Juan del Sur

Bahia Principe San Juan July

by Jimbouk

Booked up for 26th June to 10thJuly 2004 and would appreciate a realistic view of what weather i can expect.
And also any other info on the complex you may feel ineed to know.

Cheers Jim

Re: Bahia Principe San Juan July

by rachel_sun

Ive been during rainy season and it was ok.You can expect rain showers that suddenly come and its belts down for half an hour and then the sun comes out again.And it quite often rains late afternoon or during the night.You will get sunny days too and it will be humid.But you will come home with a tan as i did.

Re: Bahia Principe San Juan July

by Alltheworldisastage

Jim,

I read this, however I have never been at that time of year "Dominican Republic lies in the middle of the hurricane belt and subject to severe storms from June to October; occasional flooding; periodic droughts".

Regards