Bayahibe Village, Bayahibe, Caribbean

Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• affordable jewel in excellent location

We recently spent a night here while 'exploring' the Dominican via rental car....and LOVED it. While clocking over 1000 km in 5 days, we saw the full range of the Dominican, from the sectional/divided resorts to an ocean front villa in Samana close to Playa Rincon. In between the touristy areas, we also saw the real 'grit' of the country--and it should be noted that we winged the entire trip--NO RESERVATIONS ahead of time.
    The hotel Bayahibe was an excellent experience, and we felt very lucky to stumble across it. It's location is fantastic,--one block from the bay--close to some great restaurants, tours etc. It is very clean, has wi-fi, and the low rates...excellent value. There were three of us guys (wives and girlfriends at home) but we were able to get a room with two big beds and a small balcony with a view to the streets and the bay for 1900 pesos...and it included breakfast which was also not a disappointment. Fresh fruit, lots of cafe con leche and a decent omelette,-included in the price of the room. The staff were very pleasant, but remember to practice your Spanish or be good with hand gestures lol.

Unique Quality: Very clean, safely located with excellent value for the dollar. Clean room with good hot water ( a real plus in the D.R.) nice,fresh breakfast on top level with sea breeze and partial view to the bay.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

A local basic hotel

Once in Bayahibe, we found that the apartments were my Dominican friend used to go in the past were closed down, so we had to look for a place to sleep. There is a couple of local hotels (“non-international Resort Hotel” type) in the middle of the town, and some apartments to rent. We found vacancies at both hotels (don't remember the name of the other place), but this one was a bit cheaper and closer to the sea. It's a very basic hotel. In fact, it looks nicer at the pics than in the real life!!

However, it had all we needed; as we just spent there a few hours to sleep. The rooms had A/C, TV, fridge, and bathroom with shower with hot and cold water. If possible, ask for a room in the upper floor... mine was in the first one, and there was quite noisy. The breakfast was included, and it was quite good and served in the top floor, with views to the sea. You cannot ask for more taking into account the price. I would not recommend it to spend a whole holiday there, but just to have a quick break (we spend only one night in Bayahibe) if was more than enough.

Directions: Close to the harbour. The village is so small that can't be missed!

• mabu's Profile Photo

The only non-Resort Hotel

This Hotel is the only non-international Resort Hotel in the place. Its in the middle of Bayahibe ony a few footsteps to the Beach.

Unique Quality: The rooms are equipped with Air-Condition, a fan, a TV, a fridge and hot and cold water.

To have hot water is something special there! The local people only have got cold (well, cool) water. So I had my friend and some of the other diving-instructors coming to my room to have a warm shower as their place only has got "cold" water.

Directions: Can't be missed, is in the middle of the village.

More about Hotel Bayahibe

The only non-Resort Hotel

by mabu about Hotel Bayahibe

As it is a local Hotel don't expect a swiming pool, bars, restaurants, nice gardens etc. You get a room and that's it. But for that it's cheap. The rooms are equipped with Air-Condition, a fan, a TV, a fridge and hot and cold water.

A local basic hotel

by Belsaita about Hotel Bayahibe

Hotel BayahibeHotel Bayahibe

Hotel BayahibeHotel Bayahibe

Hotel Bayahibe, receptionHotel Bayahibe, reception

A view at the Saona fishermam village..A view at the Saona fishermam village..

Is there intenet access in Bayahibe ?

by boug

I am planning on staying next week at hotel Bayahibe. I would like to know if there are wifi hot spots in this town. Preferably at hotel Bayahibe.

At the very least an internet cafe where I could plug my laptop.

Thanks

Re: Is there intenet access in Bayahibe ?

by marielexoteria

No wifi spots that we know of in Bayahíbe. I agree with the previous post in that you should ask the hotel.

I do think we have good food but that's just me :)

Travel Tips for Bayahibe

As in Punta Cana there only...

by rkopriva

As in Punta Cana there only were all-inclusive hotels and we did not have the money we finally decided to go to Bayahibe.
That rather small town is on the south side of the island a three hour drive away from Punta Cana.

A piece of heaven

by Joan58

In spite of the tourist development, Bayahibe is a quiet place where you can find the typical peaceful Dominican people's rythm of life. Besides there are beautiful beaches overlook the Caribbean Sea. I've been here before in 1996 and at that time Bayahibe was just a little village where tourists came to take the motorboats and go to Isla Saona. After 4 years I could see the growth of this place. I am a tourist and I can understand that more and more people want to go on holiday in these beautiful places, and things can change. I just hope the tourist development will not ruin those pieces of heaven.

Que cerveza tienes tú mas fría?? :-)

by Belsaita

Our Dominican friends were asking waiters this question all the time, everywhere we go... ("What is the coolest beer you have'"). It was kind of obssesion... Well, we realised that having a very cold Presidente at the beach was nice!

Comments