- Reviews: 1
Canoa Coral by Hilton: Great hotel, beautiful beach, phenomenal value
* Excellent value for the $ spent
* Beach is absolutely gorgeous. Soft white sand, clear refreshing water. Water was extremely calm.
* You can watch the sunset from the beach. There’s something about a tropical destination that is better when you can watch the sun set over the ocean.
* The buffet was pretty average, but we both really liked the Italian and Mexican restaurants where you order off a menu.
* The hotel wasn’t at full capacity, but we never had a problem finding a chair at the beach or pool.
* Rooms were clean, balconies are great. Grounds were beautiful, and there were people working on maintaining them every day.
* Entire staff was very friendly.
* Chocolate Friends (Activity Staff) were very friendly, organized lots of stuff if it was your thing. If you just want to hang out and do nothing, they won’t bug you. Also lots of water sports and other games available if you’re up for it.
* Swim-up Bar. Like the sunset, a tropical destination is better with a swim-up bar. Trust me!
* Local merchants are contained to one location on the beach, and don’t come pester you while you’re lying out. You go to them when you want. (Be ready to bargain though, their initial price will likely be ridiculous.)
CONS (all of these were very minor complaints):
* There are two huge Jacuzzis, but most days they were too cold to even sit in.
* The Vacation Club people were a bit annoying. Some were very persistent, even approaching us while we were lying out on the beach.
* Bartenders are not very speedy, although we observed you will get fantastic service if you’re a cute young female spilling out of a bikini top.
* Dominican Revenge, or what we like to call the Dominican Weight-Loss Plan. Around Day 5 we got hit with the runs. We had tried to be careful about the water, but unless you’re really diligent, it will probably get you somewhere. In the end (no pun intended), it was a couple of days of mild discomfort, and it didn’t stop us from doing what we wanted to do each day.
* Don’t forget to bring an anti-diarrheal (e.g. Immodium), an antacid (e.g. Tums), and anti-gas (e.g. Gas-X). You will be SO thankful to have them with you.
* Absolutely check the CDC website for an update on malaria. When we went the warning was for Punta Cana, which is a 90-minute drive away, and is also in the neighboring province. So the Canoa Coral is not in the warning area, but we got an anti-malarial med anyway, figuring better to be safe than sorry. Don’t wait till the last minute to get the medicine, as you need to start taking it a week prior. CDC website is www.cdc.gov/travel/caribean.htm – I see there’s also just been added a warning of a “stomach flu” in people returning from Punta Cana.
* If you’re not a member of Hilton Honors, you might consider signing up before your trip. The main perk is a special area to register on arrival, which is nice if you arrive shortly after a huge tourbus. If you’re a member, look for the “Guest Services” desk.
* Tips are included, but it is a good idea to bring some singles. We look at it as standard service is included, but you’d tip extra for exceptional service. We left our maid $3 a day, along with a note asking for more water. We left our empty water bottles out, and got 3 or 4 bottles every day. This was great for brushing teeth and bringing a bottle to the beach. We figured the big tip was easily made up for by the fact we didn’t have to buy extra water from the gift shop, which would have been far more expensive. Bartenders and waitstaff were also very appreciative of tips. The waiters in the Italian/Mexican restaurants were exceptional.
* We tipped liberally, and probably went through $60 in a week. If you get a lot of alcohol, you may want to bring more for the bartenders. Whenever we wanted soda or juice, we went to one of several “self-serve” machines by the bars.
* We flew into Punta Cana and took a taxi service, which was about a 90 minute drive. I wouldn’t dream of renting a car, as our driver summed up everyone else on the road as “loco”.
- Reviews: 29
Viva Dominicus Beach Hotel: Viva Dominicus Beach
All-inclusive resort, located on an extended beautiful white sandy beach, surrounded by tropical gardens. Located 72 miles from Las Américas International Airport, 62 miles from Punta Cana International Airport and 11 miles from La Romana International Airport.
Viva Dominicus Beach has three pools, kid's club from 4 to 12 years, discotheque, amphitheater, "Viva Diving Center", fitness center with trainer, stores. The program includes all meals and snacks, unlimited drinks (domestic and international brands), unlimited non motorized sports, daily activities program, nightly entertainment, taxes and tips.
Viva Dominicus Beach offers in its all inclusive program a great variety of activities, including all non motorized sports, such as windsurfing, canoeing, water polo, water aerobics, introductory diving lessons. Available at extra charge: Scuba diving with Viva Diving, waterskying, banana boat rides, fishing, horseback riding, complete program of excursions.
- Reviews: 498
Club Viva Dominicus: Wonderful beach resort
Nice beach and snorkelling with all the usual "all-inclusive" resort amenities.
Easy-going resort with excellent evening animation and multi-national customers.
Good value when reserved in advance from abroad.
- Reviews: 227
IberoStar Hacienda Dominicus: All Inclusive Resort
One of the best all inclusive resorts at Bayahibe and part of a chain all along Dominican Republic. It is pretty nice and quite cheap.
It has several restaurants and bars where you can eat or drink as much as you can.
- Reviews: 238
Venta Club Gran Dominicus: The garden
The garden is very nice. There are many trees and flowers. There is a sort of collection of fruit trees...coconuts, mangos, passion fruits, bananas (here I discovered how the banana clusters come up. I was sure they grown upside down!!)
- Reviews: 29
Viva Dominicus Beach
L'hotel Viva Dominicus Beach est un all-inclusive à l'accueil chalereux.
Je recommande cet hotel aux personnes qui recherchent un paysage magnifique et une animation constante, nuit et jour !.
Si vous recherchez le calme et le repos, allez plutot au Palace juste à côté, sinon vous en aurez vite marre.
Toute l'équipe du beach est géniale. Les spectacles du soir sont époustouflants et les animations offertes géniales !.
Piscines, bars, restaurants, animation, tout ce dont vous avez besoin pour de superbes vacances !.
J'ai tellement aimé que je pense y retourner dès que possible !.
I miss you !!!!
- Reviews: 279
Hotel Coral Canoa: Bayahibe's best hotel!
This five star hotel has everything you need and want!! It is so special because you feel like in your own world! Its an all-inclusive kind of hotel which means its an all-you-can-eat and all-you-can-drink hotel
This hotel has a pool, beach, water sports, scuba diving, snorkeling, nightlife, spacious rooms, and much more!
- Reviews: 238
Venta Club Gran Dominicus: The holiday village
The Gran Dominicus is a beautiful wide all inclusive Italian holiday village. It's situated on the south-eastern coast 100 kilometers east Las Americas, the international airport of Santo Domingo, and 100 kilometers west Punta Cana Airport. Now they are building a new airport at La Romana, 25 minutes far the resort.
Three restaurants, two bars, a wide swimmingpool, a hydromassage, an amphitheater for the shows, a discotheque and a little shopping center.
- Reviews: 238
Venta Club Gran Dominicus: The residential blocks
Behind the reception you'll enter in a beautiful garden where there are many residential blocks.They are very nice, built in the typical Dominican style. Every block has a local name, like Saona, La Romana, Bayahibe, etc...so you can easily find your room...easily...I always lost myself!!
Wide rooms well furnished with air conditioning and ceiling fan, TV, mini-bar and safe-deposit box. There is a patio on the first floor and a balcony on the second floor.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Red Roof Inn Gatlinburg
- The Sands Hotel
- Il Rifugio d'Altri Tempi
- Renaissance Beijing Hotel
- Bryce View Lodge
- Mercure Dijon Clemenceau
- Golden Tulip Moderno Verdi Hotel
- Best Western InnTowner and the Highland Club
- Springhill Suites By Marriott East Galleria
- Star Holiday Apartments
- SilQ Bangkok
- Days Inn Hillsdale
- HI-Point Montara Lighthouse
- Hotel Rossi