Agua Resort

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Agua Resort

Best all-inclusive in the Caribbean

by TripAdvisor Member Captain053

I can highly recommend the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. We booked through BA Holidays. It is 5 star all inclusive, it is exactly as it appears on the website. Only 53 suites, we stayed in oceanfront, most expensive but fabulous including own plunge pool. In addition to all the normal stuff they include private transfer from the airport and international calls, laundry etc. Really wonderful place with great staff, although their first language is Spanish, so some knowledge of that language would be useful. Three restaurants with great food and good included wine, and a very good spa as well. All in all the best place I have ever stayed in the Caribbean.

The Honeymoon beyond my dreams - and that is coming from a very picky traveler.

by TripAdvisor Member kellbell1616

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry in January, celebrating our recent marriage. I have traveled quite a bit and I must say that this is the most excellent travel experience of my life - in many, many ways.

First, the location. My husband and I are private and wanted to have time to be alone, in a tropical paradise. Zoetry provided exactly that. It is located about an hour from the Punta Cana airport (a drive that was both smooth and pleasant, thanks to recent improvements in the road and an excellent chauffeur service). Thus, it is far enough to be removed from the hustle and bustle, but close enough for access with day trips (which Zoetry also provides). The trees and foliage around the resort make it truly feel like a tropical paradise. The ocean is crystal clear, the beach is raked and cleaned daily to keep it absolutely pristine.

Second, the people. Never have I had the pleasure of interacting with such wonderful people - helpful, friendly, very forgiving of my horrible spanish, excellent at keeping the communication barrier non-existent. Abierno, Fernando, Manuel, Kelin (the wonderful bartender in the Lobby), Martina (another wonderful bartender from the ocean front lounge), and Alex are just a few of the names of the friendly staff who made our stay dreamlike. Tips are not required at Zoetry, nor did a single member of the staff ever make us feel as though they were obligatory. Of course, this just made my husband and I more happy to leave tips for all their wonderful assistance and helpful gestures. While laying on the gorgeous beach, my glass was never empty for more than a minute or two before Manuel came along with a fresh one. Natalia, the general manager, is perpetually available to answer any and all questions, fill any and all requests, and ensure that your trip is not just wonderful, but perfect.

Third, the food. Oh my heavens. My husband and I LOVE food and we are picky eaters. Quite literally, we did not have a single dish that we felt was anything less than spectacular. The fish, the steak, the lobster, the fresh fruit, the drinks (Mama Juana - beware - so delicious it sneaks up on you!), the black bean soup (to DIE for) - EVERYTHING. All three restaurants have unique menus with more delicious options than we were able to explore in our much-too-short six day stay. We found ourselves actually using the gym on vacation (something we typically do not do) because we ate SO MUCH that we felt it necessary to avoid returning heavier than we left. However, they also provide many healthy, organic, delicious culinary options, in an effort to help with such problems. :-)

Finally, our room. We were right on the ocean, second floor, with beautiful views of a beach that was no more than fifteen feet from our balcony. If possible, ask for room 48. This was ours and I refuse to believe that there was any better location on the property. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the sheets perfect (and I am a sheet snob), the toiletries superior, and the maid service extraordinary. New towels, restocked mini bar, and fresh snacks met us every time we returned to our room from a meal or a few hours at the beach.

Really, we could find no fault with the resort. I spent hours and hours researching the perfect location for our honeymoon - after all, it was the most important trip of our lives thus far! Sometimes, reading the positive reviews, I worried that we weren't getting the whole story because I didn't think anything could be so perfect as some travelers described Zoetry. Also, some of the older reviews made we question whether they had ironed out the few problems they had before their re-opening in November. Be assured, the wrinkles are gone. Now, I realize that, if anything, the positive reviews were understated. There is no question that we will be returning to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana again - and in the meantime, the memories - memories of a perfect beach, a wonderful room with the sound of the surf singing us to sleep, the friendliest staff people we have ever met on vacation, and food which we will spend much time attempting to replicate at home - will keep us smiling through gloomy winter months back home. If you are thinking about visiting Zoetry Agua, stop deliberating NOW - book your vacation!

Best Service in Caribbean

by TripAdvisor Member angndand

We just finished 10 fabulous days at Zoetry Agua, and felt compelled to write our first review after using trip advisor for years to plan our travels. I'm an Orthopedic surgeon and my wife is an attorney. We're from Ohio, and we've traveled to most of the caribbean islands, staying mostly at high end resorts, inluding a number of different Four Seasons and our previous favorite, the Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. We were a little nervous about Zoetry Agua after reading some terrible reviews, but realized that they had reopened under new management so we took the chance and we were glad we did.
From the beginining, you're taken from the airport to the resort in a comfortable SUV, with a bottle of champagne, The ride's about an hour, but not bad(try St. Lucia for a rough road). You can spend the money for a helicopter ride that lands on the beach if you want. The resort is visually impressive when you first arrive. From a beautiful open air lobby to the overall layout of the 50 rooms. Each room is essentially a suite, with a large bedroom, a huge open shower and jacuzzi tub, and a private patio/balcony. Like most high end all-inclusives the fridge is re-filled as you empty it, but at Zoetry you can have them deliver anything to your room you want. You could have a bottle of champagne and a lobster delivered every day if you want. We never heard the word no in the 10 days we were there.
All of the stuff that we came for was better than expected. We were concerned about not having a long beach to walk, but were OK after walking one way for over an hour before having to turn around. The beach itself is great along with the many pools around the resort. We can't say enough about the food. My wife had the best lobster(they grill it) she's ever had(she's had it in Maine and Alaska) and couldn't stop having the seafood fettucini every day for lunch. As a non-seafood person(I know, what a waste) I had some of the best steak/chicken I've ever had.
The best things about Zoetry, however, are the people. This could be characterized as great service, which it is in the end, but the people are what separates this resort from all the other great places we've stayed. Our first impression was Enrique, who gave us a hug saying "welcome home". He would give us some memorable dinners by the beach in the week to come. The other waiters were incredible. David felt like your best friend after a couple days, and would go way beyond expectations. He's one of the main reasons we'll have to go back next year. Jeremy made every meal a delight, joking with us and trying to teach us some Spanish at our request. Our days on the beach were made great by Jordany, who kept our drinks full and kept nachos by our side. Her smile was infectious.
Each night was started by visiting Gregorio at the lobby bar, where we also met the other guests that would become our friends. His infectious laugh and incredible drinks kept bringing us back. Beware of the "sorpresa", which is a surprise? cocktail, but always very good. Martina was also a great bartender at the beach bar.
The other great thing about Agua is the music. Unlike a lot of other resorts that pipe in music, they have almost continuous live music in the background. Julio's guitar and voice were fantastic, and add a lot to the overall experience. The spa is also phenomenal and comparable to some of the best in the world(my wife's the expert on this, her fav. is the Kohler spa in Wisconsin). The overall experience is unique, with a sauna, steam room and multiple pools that can be enjoyed by any guest at no charge. Thanks to Rafeala, my wife had one of the best facials and massages she's ever experienced.
Finally, one of the best things about Zoetry Agua is the other guests. I realize that they don't control this, but they create an environment that is very conducive to meeting others. A small resort and other guests that are also attracted to this type of experience, leads to quick friendships and lots of laughs. It's ironic that you go to Zoetry in the D.R. to make new friends in England, France, Spain, and the Ukraine.
Bottom line. Just go there. Don't spend a little less money on a place that won't affect you like Zoetry Agua does.

Ultimate Luxury Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member TravelGalChicago39

I went to Zoetry for a warm weather get away from the cold and stress of Chicago with my best friend. It was an amazing vacation! I highly recommend Zoetry if you are seeking a peaceful retreat with luxurious accommodations. The staff and service are warm, friendly, and extremely efficient. The products are bvlgari, the towels are Frette, There are two peacocks that walk about the property. Everything about this resort is top notch. The food is AMAZING!!! There are three restaurants all wonderful. This is a great resort for romantic couples, good friends, and solo travelers (there were a few on our trip). If you want an intimate, cozy, beautiful retreat this is the place to go!

Just Luxury!

We were at Zoetry Agua from Jan 20 to Jan 23. This was actually out 17th visit to an Amresort (Sunscape, Dreams, Secrets, Zoetry). I keep returning to this chain simply because they just do things better than other resorts. The resort has just re-opened in November and is now managed by Amresorts. It is an alternative to the big all-inclusive. It is a small intimate relaxing resort. Zoetry Agua is 53 rooms with specialized service, gourmet food and beautiful rooms to give you a very pampered and relaxing vacation. There are not a lot of activities (cooking class, yoga, walking excursion, horseback riding, and a few others) unlike big all-inclusives that are non-stop. You come here to relax and to be treated like you are on “The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”.

Arrival: Transfers are included. Pick up from and back to the airport in nice vehicles with your name in the window or the driver holding the sign so you can easily find them. They will have something for you to drink along the way. You are greeted by name as you arrive, sign a paper and off to your room (no check in or check out times). You are given a tour while going to your room. At this point you start to kick into a different mode.

Resort: The rooms are all pretty equal in size except for location. Oceanfront with plunge pools or second floor with better views. Swim out rooms and 2nd floor rooms with high ceilings. All have private entrances, no hallways. Second floor have wooden walkways connecting them all to give a tree house feel and each has a personal walkway to the private entrance. Linens, amenities, fruit and champagne daily etc. The grounds still need some TLC but still beautiful. A gazebo like structure in the center of the resort for weddings. There is a lobby bar and sitting area in the lobby for evening get togethers, coffee, expresso etc. The lobby bathrooms are beautiful and partly open-air. They have a newsletter each evening to let you know of any activities, spa discounts, restaurant closing (one was closed each evening) etc. They spray for mosquitoes, which were not a problem except one night we were out while they were spraying. Must have stirred them up, then they were gone after a few minutes. Some rooms along the lobby walkway with a small store, a free internet room, a relaxing room and a room with a pool table and games. Many games and books for your use.

Restaurants: Three restaurants and all are different and all are very nice. Great to eat open air right on the beach or more elegant in the Fork restaurant with its all white interior and soft chairs. Another restaurant in the center of the resort where you can have breakfast and dinner. Very private and a beautiful restaurant either indoors or outdoors overlooking the pond. Food is different in each restaurant and the food is gourmet. If you want something they don’t have just ask and they will get it the next day. Prepared food the way you want. Steaks, Lamb, Seafood, Shrimp, Lobster all prepared creatively and delicious. Good all-inclusive wine with an additional charge wine list. Live musicians stroll for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have a beach party on Saturdays. You can have any meal served anywhere you like. Drinks are made very well and bottle beer, not draught is served. Any liqueur, coffee drink is offered. Delicious desserts. Again, not you typical all-inclusive food, you are eating high end!

Rooms: I described the room locations but the wooden floors, wood sliding doors, many windows (with louvers and curtains), double sinks, I-pod station, flat screen TV, large fluffy towels, soft cotton sheets and great amenities. Really sharp rooms, very comfortable and very large. Champagne and fruit served daily at the time you specify, fully stocked mini bar and they will even do your laundry. You will not be disappointed.

Pools: The pools run most of the length of the resort with an infinity pool facing the ocean. The view from the infinity pool is beautiful. Comfortable beds with pillows are always available around the pools. They will bring around food treats while you are relaxing, along with a constant flow of drinks. There is a non-heated hot tub that the sun heats pretty quickly, sit and have a glass of champagne while enjoying the jets.

Service: It seems like you will see more staff than guests. Every employee says hola with a smile. Many will know your name and your preferences. Service is exceptional. Sometimes a little over enthusiastic but hard to fault that. If you want something just ask anyone, I believe this is a resort without many signs or rules. They want you to ask so they can serve you like you want! Pool service, beach service, room service, whatever or where ever you want to eat. If you are having breakfast and want something special for lunch, tell them and they will try to have everything done for you.

Employees: From the GM (Natalia) down to the maintenance staff they are there to please and make you comfortable. Communication with travel plans before your stay till you leave is all very good. The resort is new and there are a few hiccups (no turndown one night), employees mainly speak tourist Spanish and some request get them confused but overall excellent service. One of the reasons I like Amresorts is the staff. Managers are always present and approachable should you have any problems or requests and Zoetry makes every effort to go beyond your expectations.

Spa: Beautiful Spa, a 20 min massage is included. Use it and you will want more. Use the wet area of the Spa; it’s included, a steam room, sauna, whirlpool, water jets etc. A large and very comfortable area. Really relaxing at the end of the day. Also a gym, which I didn’t go into.

Beach: Just beautiful. Tan sand but a large beach with Palapas sprinkled throughout. They rake daily to keep everything clean and smooth. Very little or no seaweed. There is a reef in front of this resort. You can watch and hear the waves crashing but the water just ripples to the resort. Very calm and very clear. The sand at the bottom is so soft and clean. You can stand in the water and look up the beach and see the waves crashing into the Sivory Resorts beach. The same with Excellence just south while you stand in soft sand and smooth water, pretty cool. The white tops of the waves are lit up at night and are just beautiful. Beach chairs are plentiful, no saving chairs here and nice thick cushions. Towels are plentiful also. Food and drink service is there when you are ready. Just relax! It is a truly beautiful beach setting!

Conclusion: I arrived and thought I would be bored but once I started to be pampered and relaxed I just loved this place. Loved the staff and the service. Great food and drinks. Beautiful ambiance. You can go to Dreams PC if you want the casino, shows, disco etc about 5 mins away. A cab probably would just be a few dollars. I personally would like to see some light entertain in the lobby in the evening. For being a newly opened resort it is running very smooth. I think once they get some TLC on the grounds the resort will be unlike any other in Punta Cana or possibly the Caribbean. Go and feel like you are a famous person on an exclusive getaway! In fact, arrive on a helicopter for something very special. I look forward to returning to this resort and would recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for that something extra special to relax and enjoy and feel special! Please feel free to contact me with questions at bbgamer1@yahoo.com.

A slice of paradise even if its just for a short stay

by TripAdvisor Member beatdog2

My girlfriend and I, traveled to Zoetry for a long deserved holiday not knowing what we were in for at the hotel. After picking up our luggage and making our way to the pickup area within the airport, we were greeted with a very friendly person with a huge sign which had our name on it. The SUV was a newer model and very clean. Our 50 minute drive through Punta Cana flew by since we polished off the complementary bottle of delicous champange. Upon arrival at the resort, we were greeted with a slew of people. We felt like royalty!! Overall, the food was absolutely delicous. Every request made is customed ordered. Even if they don't have it, they'll make it for you!! We had many special requests and everyone of them was met and exceeded! The choice of alcohol is top notch! From the staff by the pool to the cleaning service EVERY person goes out of there way for you!! The pools are very clean and well kept! If you really want to go away for a true vacation go to this five star resort!! PS. Make sure you have their special "Mamma Juana" cocktail!!! Be sure to say hello to Greg, the bar tender, Luis, the concierge and crazy Freddie whose known to get anything you may need!!!

Exceptional Service, Fabulous Food, and Beautiful Facility!

by TripAdvisor Member OhioJulie

A week at Zoetry was the perfect relaxing beach getaway! Every meal was incredible and could be on the cover of a magazine. We were able to walk for hours on the beautiful beach. The spa was great - one of my best massages ever with Melania. But what made it exceptional was the service. David, Jeremy, and Rafael made each breakfast and lunch an event. Julio entertained us with his guitar and love songs each day. Christine led morning yoga/ stretch classes followed throughout the day with horseback riding, and lessons for cigar rolling, cooking lessons, and bartending tips. Jordony kept us comfortable with food and beverage on the beach, and Gregory always had a group for cocktails surrounding him at the bar. While we were reading on our patio one afternoon, Lorany took a break from his landscaping chores to bring us fresh coconuts that he cut open and added straws. The joy of a small resort is everyone felt like family by the end of the week. We were sad to say goodbye to both guests and staff, I guess that's the sign of a great vacation!

absolute paradise!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member thelampoonsvacations

my husband and i went to this resort jan 2010 for our silver wedding and it is absolute paradise.we were upgraded to a pool side suite with a seaview,all the rooms are spacious with walkin showers and seperate 2 person bath.the bulgari toiletries were a real treat too!! when we arrived the bed was decorated with beautiful swans and flowers,and as the bed scattered with petals every night.the room was cleaned and towels changed three times a day.if you want total relaxation and be spoilt wrotten this is the place for you.everything about this resort is 5 star plus.all drinks are premium makes, food is al- a- carte, no buffets!!lobsters & prawns coming out of your ears!!!(not literly)ha!! the lobster wasn't actually listed on the menu but we asked and they we had fresh lobster for lunch and dinner,what ever you want just ask and if they've got it you'll get it!!! everyday we layed on the gorgeous private beach on comfy cushions on teak sunbeds and throughout the day , wonderful jordana and rose brought us drinks, fresh fruit and nachos etc,the service is excellent!! this was our first visit to domincan republic as we have been a bit reluctant to go there after having holidays to other carribean resorts which have not been very pleasant, i am so glad that we relented and went as it was one of the best places we have been to.the people are so nice and friendly.everyone of the staff at zoetry are wonderful,always there for you and to make your stay a special one. the write up on the resort says every privalige included, that is so true,we had yoga, horse back riding, cooking classes, cocktail making,if you want to do it! !christina does the activities and she only asks you once if you wish to join in if you don't your not pesterd to do anything.the mini bar is restocked daily along with snicker bars m&m's (which i must say my hubby loves)boxes of pringles ,cashew nuts. there was fresh fruit,bottle local rum and they even thought of mosquito spray.AND our washing was even done. we have made some wonderful american friend there which i'm sure we'll keep in touch with when we were on the beach other walkers on the beach was stopping asking what resort it was cause it looked very exclusive.the beach and the sea are lovley,altho it was quite breezy ,it kept you cool,but be careful don't be fooled by the breeze cause its very hot still and you will burn as we found out the naxt day looking nice and red!! we walked for miles on the beach, go to the right and keep walking and you will come to the excellance resort which seemed rather busy,and just by there ,there are some huts where the locals sell paintings etc!! don't forget to bid them down tho, you'll come home with a bargain!! we took the helicopter ride out of there for our return, it landed right on the beach at the resort our friends and the staff all came out to wave us off, it was trully magical as we rose up and pulled away over the ocean,if you can afford it ,do it!it made leaving this wonderful place worth while.all the staff are exceptional and the domincans are the beautifulist people with a big heart and a even bigger smile. this place is unbelievable!!! can't wait to go back!!! if you do go say hi from steve and tina.

Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member baileytopaz

If you want relaxation this is the place. I have been to other inclusive resorts and this is set up very different. No buffets! All the meals are wonderful, gourmet and cooked to your liking. They have three restaurants and will serve you whatever you want in your room 24 hours a day. We would order breakfast in our room and they would set it up on our patio. I never lacked a drink at any time, thank you Greggario. They have a drink called Mama Wanna, it has honey, wine, rum (sometimes a bit of gin is added as well) and a local plant that is soaked in it. The plant is harmless, we asked so enjoy.

It can get windy on the beach (it is an amazing beach and if you walk any distance you will be glad where you are staying). If it got too windy we spent time at the pool.

The rooms were spacious and housekeeping cleaned twice a day. They have wireless internet, but most of the time the signal is best on the patio. If you must be online it is a great place to be, they have the best coffee and I listened to the ocean.

My only negative would be that we did have to ask them to restock the fridge (they did it the first 2 days but by the 5th day no one had returned). I wouldn't drink the water, but they left two bottles by your bed every night so we made do until I finally called for it to be restocked. Mosquitos can be a problem, but they provide a can of spray. They only bite in the early evening. It wasn't a problem for us because we took precautions and used the spray.

They staff were all wonderful. They were such genuine people who's face would light up when they saw you. I love seeing them and would look forward to seeing them again.
Spanish is their first language, but they understood and could converse with us in English well.

I would love to go back to this first class resort.

Heaven on earth

by TripAdvisor Member charliefiganieres

we have just returned from two weeks at this hotel. From the moment we were collected from the airport in our private chauffeur driven car,offered a glass of chilled champagne,the perfect dream continued.in a quiet location, the rooms were enormous,with double bath and excellent pulsed shower,and large private terrace.the staff were efficient,charming and helpfull throughout our stay. the three restaurants,all waiter served,cooked excellent food,which could be delivered to your terrace or room 24hours of the day.Free Daily laundry services and free international telephone calls to land lines and mobiles just added to the luxury.We cannot thank Natalia,the general manager and her caring staff for a truely unforgettable holiday.
we will visit again,very soon.

Tips

by Knill

I am planning a trip to DR with my family in July. We hate crowds! so would like to be near a beach that is not crowded with tourists but with access to water sports nearby, on the North Coast. Can anyone recommend? Also is it really humid in July? Thanks !

Re: Tips

by gina1smile

the best Hotel by the beach is the Laguna Beach. Look this page www.foodguide24.com

Re: Tips

by Steven45

Hi,

I saw your request and I am going to recomend you the best place what you are looking for.

I returned to Miami from Uvero Alto, Punta Cana and I stayed in aunique place called Agua Resort & Spa.

Right know they are having opening special rate of 200$ dollars the lowest rate per night per room.

I really enjoyed it, see by yourself at www.aguaresort.com. Better called +1-809-4680000.

I wont say no more...

Have a nice vacations....

Steven...

Which Currency?

by westy79

im going to the Dominican Republic in June 07 from the UK but im not sure which is the best currency to take, I prefer dollars as i also travel to America but will US dollars be accepted everywhere. Or should i get Pesos

by toemayn

US$ were accepted at the resort we stayed at but we never left the resort.

by mario26

My friend,

In Dominican Republic, they acept US Dollars with no problems at all. Also you can exchange it to pesos. The exchange currency per 1US$=32pesos. Go ups and downs frequently the exchange rate.

Also if you are going to Punta Cana please stop in Uvero Alto in Agua Resort & Spa. It is a beautifull place, they are having a especial opening rate of 200$ dollars per night per room.

by marielexoteria

The Euro will give you a little more Pesos than the US Dollar.

Comments