Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Playa Bavaro, Higuey, (formerly Melia Bavaro), Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
BookIt.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Enjoyable...Too bad our vacation had to end

This Resort was all they claimed it to be! My daughter wanted a destination wedding so we selected Bavaro Princess All Suites for the Bungalow suites,"home feel", trees, shade, "non-commercial" feel, and the size of the grounds The employee's were accomadating to our needs and the suites were wonderful and very clean. The food was so good and there were many restaurants and varietys' The beach was clean and every area of the Resort was cared for daily. I did not look forward to the last day and we were quite happy when our plane was delayed so we got to stay another 5hrs by the pool and ocean!!! I have no problem going back there again in the future.

• Angel_Dust's Profile Photo

All Inclusive at the Bavaro Princess

5 Stars...the rooms are beautiful, the place is amazing, nice beach and the Chopin (restaurant) is one of the nicest that I've been to. Open bar 24 hours....it's heaven away from the snow!

Unique Quality: Water Bar =D

More about Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort

Princess, vamos a bailar!!!

by Joana about Bavaro Princess

The resort I stayed in is called 'Bavaro Princess' it's not far from Punta Cana, and it was really wonderful.
We were travalling with an all-inclusive package, as I guess all tourists do, and it was indeed all-inclusive 24 hours a day.

Nothing to worry about if you go to the Bavaro Princess

by TripAdvisor Member NYfamilytravelers4

What are all the complaints about? We were getting concerned about this trip based on other reviews but had a wonderful time with our two boys, ages 4 & 7 1/2. We went with another family who also had a 7 1/2 year old boy. We had the VIP package which was well worth it. The room was great and kept very clean by our maid who showed up every morning before lunch. The beach and grounds are beautiful & the hotel staff was very helpful. Many of them spoke English and those who did not, made the effort to communicate. The food wasn't great but none of us starved, even my picky son found plenty to eat. None of us got sick nor did we meet anyone who got sick, don't eat the cheese, meat or mayonaise salads that have been sitting out on the buffets and you will be fine. The whole reservation deal for the restaurants is annoying, however, it is easier with the VIP package and every other all-inclusive we've ever been to also require reservations at the restaurants. The Kid's club was disappointing, the hours were very skimpy and the activities were unimaginative and redundant. However for the couple of hours a day, the kids went and were fine. The pool ran out of towels too quickly but we hardly needed our towels anyway, lay them in the sun for an hour and they dry! As for the trams, yes they are smelly but walking around is so pleasant we hardly used them. We would certainly return but only with another family because of the poor kids' club. We do recommend this hotel.

I loved it!

My friend and i stayed at bavaro princess in january. We absolutely loved it! We are both seventeen so i wanted to write this so that teenagers would actually have an idea of wether or not theyll have fun. Personally, this was the most amazing trip ive been on. Everyone was so friendly, staff ,people. The animation team is wonderful andi miss everyone so much (espesh Alfredo and Carmen) The food is different...but not at all bad. It takes some time getting used to though. The drinks are good lol (most exciting part for us) We met alot of people there who we still keep in touch with. The shows are ok, and the disco is really fun (starts at midnight) ! I had fun takign the "tropical dance lessons" and playing volleyball at the beach e veryday. Im going back in june and cant wait.

Worst Vacation Ever

My fiancee and I stayed at the Bavaro Princess from April 8 through the 13th. Having just gotten engaged I was hoping for an enjoyable vacation. Upon arrival, a day late due to the snow, we were told that there was not a room for us, and were told rather rudely. After contacting our travel agent and having them contact Bavaro it seems that Bavaro overlooked a confirmed fax from our agent had sent informing them that we would be a day late. Luckily they just happened to find a room that 5 minutes earlier didnt exist. Our first complaint is that maybe 2 PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH on the entire staff. Every peice of food is fried in soy bean oil and it takes its toll on your stomach after a day or 2. We were left in a sweltering hot room for approximately 3 hours without electricity, four calls later and alot of sweat we finally got someone to fix it. Couldn't get an explanation in english though. The staff was was very rude, the VIP package is a joke and isnt worth $5. There are only 5 ocean veiw rooms so dont fall for that. I must say that the grounds were beautiful. But that is the only impressive thing. We had ants all over our room on a daily basis. When we called the front desk and they heard us talking english they just hung up on us. The entire situation was very frustrating. The enitire place was filled with rude french travelers. The lines at the bars and at the buffets were not worth the 30 minute wait, the 30 minute included massage with the VIP package lasted 15 minutes and I could have gotten a better massage from the jets in the pool. OVERALL, STAY AWAY FROM THE BAVARO PRINCESS IF YOU ARE AMERICAN!

Wouldn't go back, but good enough for an affordable all-inclusive.

by TripAdvisor Member njtraveler99

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Bavaro Princess from April 6-13. I wouldn't tell anyone not to go to Punta Cana, but I wouldn't go back either. The beaches were great and the weather was wonderful. Remember, the beach is on the Atlantic Ocean, not the Caribbean Sea, so it is not as calm and clear as some other islands. The weather was always sunny and around 90 degrees. We tried to keep our complaints minimal and tried to enjoy ourselves. However, there were some things that bothered us. 1) Even though my girlfriend and I paid for the VIP package, we did not receive a room close to the beach. Not really a big deal. We were actually closer to the restaurants and lobby 2) When we got to our room, we were given two twin beds. When we called the front desk to ask for 1 king size bed, they hung up on us. We decided to keep the room because it would have been more stressful to try to switch rooms. 3) Our AC leaked. The maid reported it and someone fixed it right away. 4) T.V was fuzzy. *You have to ask the front desk for a remote* People complained that the rooms did not have a remote...just had to ask for it. 5) All motorized vehicles burned oil/diesel and polluted the air. After riding the tram, you smelled like oil and gasoline. We tried to walk anyway, it was good exercise. 6) My girlfriend and I were sitting on our balcony and they decided to spray for mosquitos without notice. We jumped up and ran into our rooms before being enveloped by the smoke. 7) They had a sewage treatment facility on site and some areas of the resort smelled like raw sewage 8) Be careful of what you eat and drink. They claim they use filtered water when cooking, but it still gave us stomach problems. Be sure to bring Pepto or the like. 9) Went to the markets off the resort. The sales people are very aggressive and try to rip you off. Don't even waste your time going there. They get mad at you if you offer lower prices in return. It's o.k. for them to rip you off, but not o.k. for you to try to get a better price. - My advess well and they will definitely remember to take better care of you during your stay. Also, always try to say "gracias/thank you" and the people respect you more if you try to speak Spanish. Even if you don't speak it well, they like to see you try to speak "their" language. Tipping: bartenders, wait staff, cook at the beach grill/snack bar, maids, etc. You would be amazed at how far $2 goes when tipping.

Not a 5 star hotel! Don't drink the water and watch what you eat!

by TripAdvisor Member Carol04

Long lines, not user friendly. Grounds were beautiful. Staff indicated they did not speak much english but by the end of our stay I suspected that's how they got away with the poor service. My husband and I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. We had a VIP package that really didn't include anything that was special. We could not get reservations (after standing in line for over an hr) to any of the restaurants. We had to eat at the buffet. The food was very disappointing. Several in our group were very sick. We were told several time no beef three days? We didn't know what was going on until it was almost time to leave. I believe most of this was because of a so called language barrier. It took us two nights to get extra pillows. No irons in the rooms. Our neighbor finally received an iron, ironed one outfit. They went to eat. When they came back the iron was gone. There were no hooks to hook your wet things. The airconditioner was loud and my husband complained of an unpleasant smell. Our room was clean. Sheets and towels were clean. We received new towels every day. We had no remote and the tv was all snow. There was no coffee pot in the room and no ice to be found anywhere. It was very hard to get cold things to drink without having frozen bar drinks. I tried several times to call home and could not. We did not leave the resort. I was able to call home only at the airport before we left. Not sure why it was so hard in the hotel and easy at the airport. My husband and I enjoyed the weather and the beaches. It snowed in CT while we were gone. I was surprised this was considered a 5 star resort. I am planning another trip to the islands with a girlfriend and I will be very careful selecting another "5 star" hotel.

Relax

Had a great time. Yes, some do not speak english well but they tried or found someone who did. Remember, YOU travelled to a foreign country so deal with it. All of the complaints are from whiners. We noticed very little english spoken at this resort (employees and guests). Grounds are beautiful. It takes 10 minutes to walk from the main lobby to the beach (others said 15-20). WHO CARES? You're on holidays and they have little buses if you want a ride. The food was good, the rooms were clean with very nice balconies. The beach is the best we have been at. We had the VIP package and everything was provided as promised. I guess the whole point of this review is RELAX. This is a big resort. There will be the odd line. Just take it easy and enjoy your holiday. If you did not enjoy this resort you are either way too uptight or just a person that spends too much time complaining. I would send friends there with some helpful hints to make their stay even better.

Welcome to Hell

The entire trip was a disaster short and sweet:#1)Staff was rude, did not go out of their way to help and clearly disliked Americans.#2) A/C and TV barely worked and mini-bar was not refilled.#3) Alcohol was bottom shelf and food was average at best.#4) Nearly impossible to make reservations at Restaurants, which were half empty when we walked by.#5) Shuttle buses are souped up Golf Carts, drivers are rude - one made us chase him to the bus stop and then just took off as we got there.#6) No ATM on site - have to use one in Town.#7) Takes 4Ever to get served.#8) Management does not care about guests' feelings, language barrier exists and although management and staff do speak English, they refuse.#9) Signed up for Speed Boat and Snorkeling - waited 2 hours past meeting time - Bus NEVER showed up, our $ was refunded next day.#10) Shuttle to Casino barely ran, had to walk - not exactly safe - @ night.#11) No Entertainment on sight - NONE!! #12) WOKEN UP AT 9AM EVERY MORNING W/ KNOCKING ON THE DOOR, DESPITE "DO NOT DISTURB" SIGN.Lastly, place is a joke, Beach is great, other than that wouldn't stay there for free.

Bavaro Princess

by jeremykeenan3

"Departure"

After a few weeks of decent weather at home. it was time to leave for Domincian, and fortunately it was cold, rainy and miserable. Tara's first time on a jet(since she was young) was nerve racking and we were all tired from the wedding the night before!! Kevin was as nervous as Tara. We ran into our server from the Dodger and Firkin in TO which was crazy!(night of the Coldplay show)
The flight sucked! the 757 was so small and I was cramped in between Tara and some old guy! 757's are so small. The meal was good though!

"Bavaro Princess"

We went as a group of eight. We actually got together and went through all the hotels we could and we couldn't come to a consensus. So one couple decided and we all thought it worked out for the best.
The Bavaro Princess was absolutely gorgeous!!! The grounds were meticulously landscaped. Almost to overkill but not quite. The place smakes huge look small. And the trams are convenient and quick. The beach was the largest and cleanest in the 3 or 4 kilometers I walked. The water was the most free of seaweed. The food was decent at the buffet. Breakfast is hard to screw up. Some meals the breakfast buffet at the beach was better, sometimes up at the lobby was better. there is so many a la carte restaurants you can never get bored. ****you always have to remember that you are not eating at home***The Italian was good-I had chicken Parm.
One of the couples with us went to El Gaucho a few times. they said the steak was good. "Chopin" was by far the best. the best dishes from each restaurant. There are 8 restaurants on site(non-buffet) you can never get tired. The burger joint by the beach was a little sketchy, but the fries were good. My #1 tip to someone who might be nervous about the food. GO TO MCDONALDS BEFORE YOU COME AND BRING LIKE 60 KETCHUP PACKAGES!!!!! their ketchup is not like you are used to.

"tours"

If you are going on any outings there is one that cannot be missed!!!
The "Saona Island" trip is spectacular!!!! The drive is long about 1.5 hrs to
Bayahibe, and you get to snorkel for about 15 - 20 minutes off the side of the boat. It is a great area for a first timer. Just remember the Coral is sharp!!
There...you take a speed boat to the "National swim park" It lies about a kilometer offshore. It is the most prestine, beautiful sandbar I have ever seen. There is nothing on it but starfish. If the guides find any small conch or shells they throw them into the deep. From there....speedboat to "Saona Island"

Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, DRPlaya Bavaro, Punta Cana, DR

Wedding

by jenniferhen

Hi!
Just wanted some advice if anyone has any to spare...
Looking to get married (yeah!!) in the DR and think that we have narrowed it down to Punta Cana....now the tough part...we want a great resort.... and there are so many to pick from. We have been to around 22 countries so we are well travelled, love the sun, want no less than a 4 star, and would to have a calm spot along the ocean. (some family can't swim so well) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Wedding

by limey64

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I highly reccommend Iberostar Bavaro Suites. It is a 5 star resort that caters to families. They do have wedding packages available. On the cheaper side you could try the Bavaro Princess. Even cheaper is the Grand Flamenco. They have just finished a complete renovation in Dec 2003. They charge $1045 US for the complete wedding. If you would like more info. send me an email to tsolutions@look.ca.

The above resorts are protected by a reef about 400 yards off shore so it is not very rough.

Cheers,
Rob

Re: Wedding

by lvitali72

Melia Paradisus is very nice, beautiful grounds, good wedding packages from what i understand and nice beach as well as the lagoon style pool.

Comments