Bavaro Rainbow

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Punta Cana

Natural vegetation...jungleNatural vegetation...jungle

bartenders at the swim up barbartenders at the swim up bar

Nice PoolNice Pool

I've narrowed my choices down to four resorts-help please?

by TheTravelSlut

I'll be spending a few days in Punta Cana in late September and have yet to book a resort because of the wide array of ratings.

So many resorts will be rated 5 star but I've seen half the raters give a resort five stars and in the same review the other half give it a one star. It seems people either love or hate the resort with very few neutral or middle-of-the-road ratings. The resorts I list below have all been rated higher than others more consistently however.

So, I am probably going to toss a coin to choose between:

Secrets (adult only)
Paladium Bavaro
Iberostar Bavaro
Club Med

unless I missed something and any VT'ers want to dissuade me.

I'll be happy to entertain any thoughts.

Thanks!

by curlyq

Well I can speak for the Iberostar resorts. I have always been very pleased staying at one. They are fairly new to the Punta Cana area with several all together. Bavaro resorts are nice also as they are in a complex , so you can stay at one play at all. The Punta Cana Princess is nice also as well as the Occidental Grand. I have stayed at all of these four and five star resorts several times and have enjoyed each stay. You have to judge for yourself, but you can't go wrong staying at one of these. All offer a wide variety of food and activities, nice rooms and great beach.

by TheTravelSlut

Thanks. You are right. All the top resorts seem equally impressive and maybe that is why it is hard to choose the "best" one.

by curlyq

All the more reason to visit again and stay at a different resort. You will want to return again and again if you have'nt already.

by uncletom

I personally use to be at Palladium Bavaro Resort & spa, no doubt is one of the best in the area, at least for me.

by toemayn

We enjoyed our stay at the Riu Bambu. Hope there isn't a hurricane at that time.

by solodude

ya know what travel slut, I cruised around to alot of the different ones and in punta cana I tell you what made a great deal of scents(guy thing)was to be in a area where alot of resorts were close togeather, than you could slut around like I did. Because the Paridisus was far and you have to cabby around alot. I stayed at the riu palace and the beach was long and full of resorts to stumble as I did in.plus the night club had alot of "meows" and of coarse alot of nasty tom cats for you. I am going to puerta plata sept 21st. My new cabby friend says he could arrange to pick me up and cruise me to cana ville which is quite a way away but what the heck it's only moola.But will see. I didn't get to surf last time so I plan on surfing my butt off this time
Let me know abouta you trip!! bring some good booze with you trust me.
Later.
Solo-man

by TheTravelSlut

Thanks solodude. I decided on a new all-inclusive that is near several other resorts so I can resort hop. I won't need to bring any liquor because they serve top shelf. My first choice was Puerto Plata and one of the resorts there but the incredibly low airfare I obtained was not available to that location.

Comments