Caribe Club Princess

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Nuna25's Profile Photo

A relaxing destination

We had no problems with the Caribe Princess Hotel. I would definetly recommend it , especially to people traveling with small kids.
    They had great pool facilities and the beaches were nice and clean.
    The food was ok , not great but not bad. There are a few restaurants at the resort but we ate at the main food hall , mostly because of our time constraint with a 2 year old.
    The resort was clean, and the help was friendly.

Unique Quality: Great Pool, and our room had a great view.

• woohooboo2003's Profile Photo

Most beautiful Mangrove Path

I personally would recommend this hotel for a stay in Punta Cana, The service was excellent, right there for us when ever we needed anything, although that was very little. The food was similiar to all resorts, such a wide variety that no one could ever be hungry. The rooms were spacious and well maintained by the housecleaning staff, and the bartenders were always ready to serve you with a smile. Although I did not take advantage of the activities around the resort, There seemed to be alot of people who were kept busy by the staff.

Unique Quality: The design of this resort was by far the most unique I have yet to see in the D.R. The entertainment, and the nightly bar area was a 5-10 min walk from the rooms. There was a train that passed every 10 min for those not wanting to do the walk through the most beautiful Mangrove path. Most resorts are manicured beautifully, but this was different, you walked through a natural mangrove path with very little manicuring, which added to the experience.Again I would highly recommend this resort.

More about Caribe Club Princess

Resort - Punta Cana

by student_87 about Tropical Princess (known b4 as HodelpaTropicalClub

Our stay in the Tropical Princess, which was known as Hodelpa Tropical Club, when I was there, was awesome! The trip was soo good that I would go back to the same resort all over again! The resort is very big and it shares the land with another resort called Caribe Club Princess, which is owned by the same people. The food was really good, there was always a good variety of food, even for the picky people, like my sister. The rooms were always VERY CLEAN, and the maids were soo nice. We never had a problem finding chairs on the beach. At night the resort would have a show of some type for everyone and they were always good, but one of not appropraite for younger children, but overall the rest of the shows were good for all ages.
Overall I give this resort 2 thumbs up, or 5 STARS!!

4 dissatified travelers

We are 2 couples 40 something who travel quite a bit together for our vacations. upon arrival at the Caribe Club PRincess the grounds swept us away. really beautiful. Palm trees,lush green scenery and of the beach it was just breath taking. That said now for the good stuff. We had 2 rooms facing the ocean. junior suites which we suitable. At check-in the front desk did not even offer us safe locks which you MUST have. so after getting into the room we all went back to the front desk which is a 15 minute walk or u can take the go cart which goes back and froth maybe every 15 or 20 minutes to the lobby. Secured our keys to the safe then another 15 or 20 minute wait. we were hungry so over to the ala carte to grab something. The food look so good so we sat and ate and had a couple of drinks ,, coffee,soda,water, and beer. That evening was very slow,it being a Sunday we guessed. So we walk around the resort and sat by the beach till it was time to go for dinner. All the food really looks great but by MONDAY afternoon all 4 of us got sick. My problem came so fast that i only had time to make it on the toliet but i DIdn't have time to grab the trash baRREL TO VOMIT. sO EVERYTHING WENT ALL OVER THE BATHROOM FLOOR...... not a good start. And we only drank bottled water but as we figured it out was how do they cook with bottled water or they tap water, how do they wash their vegatables or meats? ok now for the really good stuff.... Getting in late 1 night to our rooms my husband opens the door and puts on the lights and there they were... cockarochers.... so off comes the shoes and we tried our most to slaM DUNK ALL OF THEM... we WERE READY TO GO HOME AND sUNDAY COULD NOT COME FAST ENOUGH..... The staff speaks only Spanish and GERman with just a few members knowing English... so you decide if this resort or any resort in this area is for you..... sign us as the 4 never to return...

wonderful experience

My husband and I, from the midwest, along with another couple, from the east coast, spent 2 weeks at the Hodelpa/Caribe Club Princess in May. It was wonderful. The beach/water was perfect. Our rooms, Jr. Suites were large and extremely clean. Pools, 3 of them were fabulous. Food, well, if you have to complain about food then an all-inclusive is not for you. The food was good. Large selection every day-whatever you desired, they have. A-la carte restaurants were ok. Good for a change in ambiance. Drinks were weak, unless you are travel savvy-tip the wait staff and you are treated accordingly. I never understood the whole all-inclusive concept, those workers do not get tips. On our last morning there, all 4 of us were given un-opened bottles of rum from the bartenders. We had taken good care of them during our stay. We travel extensively, our friends have been traveling for 26 years. Punta Cana is fabulous. As far as the roaches go, the mid section of our building was all tropical flora. We did see a large roach one night coming home from dinner. HELLO!!!!!!!! It's the tropics, there are bugs. Well one night, after bragging about the lack of scoundrels around us, as I was sitting on the john, looked in the corner and there was "papa cuca-racha". A good smash with my beach flip flop and a little spritz of bug spray around the door area, well, that was the only one we saw. Staff was very friendly. Our first week there, I think we were the only Americans. The staff spoke enough english to get by. After traveling for a number of years, I took 10 months of Spanish. Our attitude re: foreigners, if they are in our country, well they should speak the language. If you are intimidated about language barriers, then stay home. We tried to make the best possible impression of Americans that we could and I think we succeeded. As far as gastrointestional distress: again, be prepared. It's not home, we all suffered a little. My husband finally began taking anti-biotics. He seemed to have the worst troubleefore leaving your home country, please consult your physician. We always are prepared, it makes the difference between a bad trip/good trip. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. People who travel out of their own country need to be more open minded. Things are different and that's exactly why I travel.

seashell

by TripAdvisor Member bostonfoodie2

We had the best trip to the Hodelpha Caribe Club (now the Caribe Club Princess) between April 20 and 27th. This all-inclusive resort was absolutely beautiful, safe, and fun. My 18 year-old had a ball between all the kids she met, the many activities, and the disco. The group of young adults that do the entertainment (organizing games, competitions, and putting on the shows) are unbelievable. All ages had a ball. There are tons of Europeans there, and they tended to not mix much, but even in spite of what is going on in the world, everyone was very cordial. Our room was gorgeous and spotless, with great maids with turn-down service and all. Our included massage was great, and we loved the little restaurants on the site, especially the Chinese, Mexican, and especially the Italian. There are also 2 gourmet restaurants that cost extra, plus the big buffet restaurant and the snack bars. The beach was beautiful with lots of water sports included. Part of the week it was a good idea to put your towels down on chaises (by 9 or so), but the rest of the week the hotel was not full, and it didn't matter. A/C was as cold as we wanted all week. We had plenty of towels, and the beach was well-stocked with them (they use a card system to keep track of how many you have, and you could get a dry one by exchanging. No one bothered anyone else's towel or belongings anywhere. The pool is unbelievable. Different price points/buildings had different colored wrist bands which determined what was included. Our wrist band was blue and we could do everythig, and I loved our buildings best (we were in building 2 right beside the pool). The part that was called Tropicale (less $$and I think a lot of Germans) had less fancy rooms and less privleges. It seems like millions of people work there in their crisp whites, and everyone was truly friendly, and seemed genuine. We especially loved Jorge in the buffet restaurant and Zacharias at the front desk, but really everyone was nice. Bring an insulated thermosr than drinking out of the little plastic cups. Tipping was included and no one hinted for tips at the resort, but we did tip when we felt people were especially nice, and it was appreciated. But don't fall for the line from the people that take you to the hotel that it is their or the driver's birthdays and tips are optional. The lobby is a social area with a bar and comfy seating and people really gathered there in the evenings before the shows (9:45). It's huge and really nice, and a good way to meet people. Employees walk the beach all day and evening, and they area felt completely safe. Photographers take pics with your permission all week with wildlife, etc, and then you can see them displayed and for sale in the lobby if you decide to buy. A 5x7is only $5, which isn't bad. We didn't drink the water except bottled (which is plentiful), but we ate whatever we wanted. We had a wonderful time, and would love to go back.

Would not return

We just spent 7 days at Hodelpa, now called Caribe Club Princess, from June 22 to June 29, and since most people who wrote were happy there, I wasn't.To begin with, some of the hotel staff, mostly the reception were rude and very impolite. I believe the first impression of any hotel is the reception. The people there barely knew a decent working knowledge of english. By mistake, I gave the wrong paper to the guy, and it was like I gave him a stick of dynamite! We asked for a safe, once again, we were told rudely to go to the other end of the counter. We paid $11.00 US for our safe, and to add to that, she didn't have any change, fortunately I had. We finally left the reception with no "enjoy your stay" or any kind of welcome.During our stay, the animation staff could use some improvement. Same activities, same music. Nothing really to get me going. They seem to have more interest for the German guests.The evening shows were done by people from the outside. I went only once and got bored. Most people I talked to, went once too, and never returned. The shows also very late, they start at 9:45 pm.The beach wasn't too bad. Lots of seaweeds. The water had lots of waves, which picked up the sand from the bottom, so the water near the beach wasn't too clear. I read some comments of people who wrote about the cleanliness of the beach. Since there is nothing much to do about the weeds, it's part of nature, plus the staff did their best in picking them up every morning, but it would have helped if the guests, especially the Europeans, like the Germans, and the Spanish would pick up the empty glasses, water bottles and put them in the trash cans instead of leaving them on the beach.Our suite, and the hotel gounds were very beautiful. We had a view of the swimming pool, and a decent view of the beach and ocean. We did encounter guest who had various problems with their rooms, such as roaches, bad views, once again the reception were less than interested in helping out their guests.The food wasn't too bad for me or my girlfriend. We generally ate everything, but you still have to be carefull. The staff at the buffet were very nice, especially the breakfast staff. We appreciated the friendly service of Anyi.If you must go into town, do it in the day. We went in the early evening, because we needed money, and there wasn't an ATM at the hotel. All the beggars, shopkeepers, and the prostitutes are out harassing you. We found most people prefer the US dollar or the Euro, and some get insulted when you pay them in pesos. We asked Milton at the reception to call us a cab, and he acted like we woke him out of a good dream. The cab driver was very happy when we paid in US, but the same guy was insulted when we paid in Pesos.When we were finally ready to leave, I called the reception twice for them to come and get our luggage, and we called 1 hour before check-out, and 2 hours before our bus was to pick us up. 55 minutes later, my girlfriend, the maid, and I brought our luggage down.Once again, when we checked out, the reception was less than friendly, no thank you's, no goodbyes.I would not recommend anybody to stay at that hotel. Too bad, because it is a very beautiful resort. Hopefully with the changes in Management from Hodelpa to Princess hotels, thing will change in the future. Should I go back to Punta Cana, I'll most probably stay at an Iberostar resort.

Amazing

Well I know before I booked my trip I came to all these sites trying to find reviews and figured now I will leave my reivew for future travellers. First of all I went to the Caribe Club the second week of May 2003 with 3 of my girlfriends, just so you know we are all 20. We had the most amazing time, some reviews I read of this resort were horrible but these people must have been out of their minds because it was beautiful and the best vacation I have ever been on. I would definitly recommend this resort for people of all ages, the entertainment is awesome there are lobby dances nightly and the staff are VERY friendly (if you know what I mean). Check in and out was smooth and fast, the food was awesome and readily available, the staff were so friendly and the hotel rooms were perfect and clean. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me but I give this resort 5 out of 5 and would give anything to go back!

Awsome Vacation

I just got back from Punta Cana two days ago and I thought it was a great vacation. I'm 18 so going there over april vacation was great because there were plenty of kids my age. I went from Sunday to Sunday and by Friday most americans had left and 90% of the people remaining spoke French and the resort seemed alot less crowded. There was a ton to do there, water sports were really great. Don't be shy if you go there, water aerobics and volleyball were a blast. The food was pretty good and there was alot of variety. My room was beautiful, service was excellent, drinks were always flowing. The beach was always clean adn it was really beautiful. If i had to give some tips I would say that definately get to the beach early to put towels down, and you have to wake up early for restuarant reservations, but if you don't, the buffet Higuero was great. The pools were clean, the employees were friendly...VERY friendly (watch out ladies) The shows were really good too. I recomend watching them and then going to the lobby to drink and dance...and then head over to the disco which was alot of fun. Overall great worry-free vacation.

Best Resort Ever_ We Will Never Forget It!

Ohla! This was the trip of a lifetime. Originally, our group of 16 people were suppose to stay at Grand Paradise Bavaro - Thank God that it was overbooked!! We had so much fun that we cried and cried when we had to leave. Our two week stay was definately not long enough! Everything was perfect... and I mean EVERYTHING! Food was excellent, drinks were excellent, activities were excellent, but especially the staff and the nightlife!!!! They are the sweetest people EVER! I would recommend this resort to anyone ( more so people from ages 19-27) We are very greatful for the service that we had there! Excellent time- keep up your excellent service. - Erin Lane, Jacqueline Stone, Kim Burt, and Stephanie Samuelson

review of carib club princess

by rabdt55

going to pc in april, 2006 & staying here.have read mixed reviews. do i need to take bug spray, washcloths with us? how is the food with all inclusive?need info on best things to do. going with hubby & 13 yr. old sun.

RE: review of carib club princess

by rossddjs

We'll be at the Caribe Club Princess from April 6 - 13. We have been to the Caribbean 20 times and to the DR 4 times. We always take wash cloths and insect repellant. Have almost always needed the wash cloths (especially in the DR) but have never used the repellant (but we will continue to take it)

Have a great trip