Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
Bed bugs at Catalonia Bavaro, Punta Cana
I stayed in bldg 4 in the "privileged" member section. On the second morning I discovered several large red bites on my lower back. The next morning I had another dozen bites. I complained to the privileged office but they failed to do anything about this. Dont stay here!
NOT worth it!
I don't normally write reviews, but i feel so strongly about this I had to share with other, so no one else experiences what we did. I traveled with a group of 4 total and after reading some reviews I was a little hesitant, but figured I would give it try since we got such a cheap deal (really practically for nothing).
First- the food was awful. I am not a picky eater, but I found it hard to eat meat that had been sitting out under a heat lamp in sticky hot weather. 2 people on our trip ended up getting sick, and still none of us feel 100%.
two- The whole place needs to be updated. Paint is peeling everywhere and everything just looks rundown. Really I just felt dirty most of the time. The room wasn't clean, there were bugs in them, the pillows were lumpy (i mean REALLY lumpy) and the shower was filthy.
If you are planning a trip to Punta Cana spring for paying a few extra hundred dollars for a nicer place. The beaches are gorgeous, and i have heard great things about the island in the past, but this place is just awful.
Unique Quality: Although the hotel itself wasn't great the staff was super accommodating and friendly.
Good Value All Inclusive
I'd definitely recommend this hotel in the area. It's a good value for money. For the price it costed, we got real all inclusive. The staff is very friendly and the beach is beautiful. The buffet is very complete, and the theme restaurants are ok. The Creperie/Ice cream is inclusive and is a must. We got inclusive golf lessons, just to try.
We took a very nice trip to Saona Island which I recommend.
Unique Quality: When they mean All Inclusive, in this case, it's all. The beach and gardens are the best features. It's the only hotel in the area, so you don't find any other neighbours on the beach. You can walk for miles.
Directions: One of the Closest hotels to Punta Cana Airport
Catalonia Bavaro Resort - Tips
1. Get a room near the beach. The rooms near the main complex will have to deal with the loud music from the animation team up until 11pm or midnight.
2. Pants are required at the a la carte restaurants for dinner.
3. It's not a requirement to go to all 4 a la carte restaurants. Because of the temperature, we only ate at the two air-conditioned restaurants (French/Japanese) and wore shorts to dinner at the main buffet.
4. If one has a weak stomach, it is best to stick with the fresh grilled foods versus the food that has been under the heatlamp for an unknown amount of time.
5. If you're looking for someone that speaks English, look for the people wearing the red wristbands from Apple Vacations. I never did understand why they differentiate the hotel clientele.
6. Don't visit this resort using the Casino as the main reason. There are only about 20 slot machines, 1 poker table, and about 8 table games. The employees looked completely bored out of their mind even when the customers were trying to get them to smile/laugh.
7. Carry individual towelletes of OFF! misquito repellent. Works wonders at night.
8. It's not a requirement to tip, but it always adds a smile to their faces.
9. Food is not available 24 hours. After midnight, you can possibly find hotdogs, but not always. Best to purchase snacks to tie you over through the night.
10. Bring a battery operated portable fan if you get hot easily.
11. Most areas outside the resort accept US$. Doesn't hurt to convert to the local currency and save a little on the exchange rate.
Enjoy your trip.
Unique Quality: Large pool that closes around 7pm.
Plenty of beach and space to lay out.
A little more isolated from the rest of the resorts.
Catalonia Bavaro Resort Overview
*** Resort ***
Pretty resort with covered walkways, lit paths, and plenty of greenery. Showed some signs of wear and tear that can be found at any resort. Mostly European crowd. Some Americans.
Very little air conditioning except in the rooms.
Resort was crazy and packed on Friday/Saturday. I read another review stating that the resort invites the locals to stay the weekend to help fill up the empty rooms on the weekends.
Walk from the beach to the main complex is about 5-10 minutes.
Had a nice room located on the second floor near the beach, pool, and restaurant.
Room was kept clean and well stocked with towels, drinks, etc.
Main Buffet - Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
Secondary Buffet - Breakfast/Lunch. It converts into 2 a la carte restaurants for dinner.
2 Additional a la carte restaurants with air conditioning for dinner. French/Japanase. French restaurant is the best one at the resort.
Creperie - 4pm til Midnight. Great crepes and desserts.
No problems with indigestion, etc. Food quality was ok, not great. Seemed like some times the food had been sitting out too long, ie: dried up.
Directions: Pretty much isolated by itself.
- Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino
- Iberostar Bavaro
- Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort
- Iberostar Dominicana Hotel
- Ocean Sand Golf & Beach Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Princess All-Suites and Spa Resort
- Riu Palace Macao
- VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort And Spa
Nearby Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
Nearby HotelsSee all 91
Catalonia Royal Bavaro 0.3 miles away
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana 0.4 miles away
Grand Oasis Punta Cana 1.4 miles away
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa 1.6 miles away
Barcelo Dominican Beach 3.5 miles away
Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel
Address: Playas De Bavaro, Cabeza de Toro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, 2062, Caribbean
6 Photos of Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf ResortView Professional Photos
Amenities at Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
- Swimming Pool
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Room Service
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Business Services
- Kids Activities
- Continental Breakfast
- Bar / Lounge
Punta Cana Travel Forum
Need advice about Punta Cana, Dominican Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Punta Cana and ask our Answer Gurus.