Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Ambar

1997

More about Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Ambar

More Bahia Principe information

by TheTravelSlut about Bahia Principe Resort & Spa in Punta Cana

My original tip goes into great detail about the resort and why I would recommend it.

However, it is not the Ritz Carlton nor is it a Holiday Inn.

It is modern, yet charming.

The wonderful people make up any deficiencies at the resort. If your entire goal of a trip and staying at the Bahia-Principe is to come to eat, drink, play and relax, then you will not be disappointed.

Again, my original tip will go into further detail.

Bad area for Beach lovers

by cybercutie about Bahia Principe

The Bahia Principe is an all-inclusive resort we stayed in November 2003.

It was very well priced, the food was excellent, and the entertainment was constant. there were three different restaurants you could make reservations for if you didn't feel like eating in the buffet (what? You don't like the buffet? Whats your problem?).

The main prblem was that the area it was in did not make for the most scenic part of the beach, and it was pretty dirty and desolate in the back areas compared to the hotel I had been to the time before. The great part about this hotel was the hilarious shows they put on, and the events like "dress up in a sumo outfit and try topush eachother down"...Geez, I made it sound dumb, but it was pretty funny...

It was still a beautiful resort, tennis courts, gym, bicycle rentals...but what can I say...I am biased to this Country.

**** All Inclusive

by mishadawn about Bahia Principe

I have to admit, it was one of those times, when R&R (rest and relaxation) were what the doctor ordered (not literally!)

If you're not in the mood for hostels, museums, finding a restraunt, etc., etc., this is the place to be! We enjoyed a wonderful week of fun and relaxation. The all inclusive resort had much to offer including several restraunts, nice hotel rooms, a beautiful beach, live entertainment shows, and the highlight for me being the water sports (aroebics, snorkelling, windsurfing and sailing).

A 5-star-rated, all-inclusive beachfront resort

by TheTravelSlut about Bahia Principe Resort & Spa in Punta Cana

The Travel Slut Top 10 Tips for Bahia Principe Resort & Spa in Punta Cana:

1) Upgrade to the Royal Golden Principe club which entitles you to a room closest to the beach area and several other worthwhile amenities. If you do, remind your driver to drop you off at each special lobby.
2) Bring a "coozie" or insulated cup if you plan beach or pool time. Ice in your drink will melt before you can reach your lounger.
3) Expect staff to greet you with "Ola" and a smile no matter where you are on property.
4) Different color wristbands identify your classification as regular, diamond or gold members.
5) Bell service is essential. They are quick and friendly and run 24-7.
6) Be sure to check out the Principe "Village" of shops, casino and outdoor entertainment near the resorts' entrance.
7) Ask for two room keys. You can then leave one in the power socket so when you exit the room the air conditioner remains on.
8) Make your dinner reservations for the theme restaurant of your choice early in the day as they tend to be filled up after 3 PM
9) If you want to check daily activities or check a map of where you are on property, look for the large marquee-type signs at various tram-trolley stops along the resorts central walkway.
10) Be sure to allow plenty of time for check-out. You will need an exit ticket from reception indicating you have settled your bill prior to leaving

This resort came recommended and I can see why. The resort's 1,500 junior suites on 3 separate but adjoining properties all have modern amenities, are spacious, & clean, My room was #1101 & closest to the beach & pool. 24 hour room service included.

There are 6 bars including a swim-up bar. Odalis is the best bartender @ the lobby bar. He's funny, charming, & makes a great "Dirty Monkey".

There are several themed restaurants: Japanese, Mexican, Steak House, Fish & Spanish. All require reservations & dress-up.

There are 5 pools, a childrens section and all are very nice.

Non-motorized sports & activities are included @ 1 hr. per day. There's an activity director w/staff who keep people busy poolside/beachside if so desired. All watersports are offered. Remember at latitude 17, you will sunburn quickly. I didn't use the spa/gym this trip but they are full service and new.

The resort property is HUGE. It's 1/2 mile long trolley-tram service between lobby & beach-pool area is in a loop so excessive walking is not a major concern.

Food: good variety & selection, above average quality, & choice of buffet or reservation-only/sit-down dinners. The teppanyaki-style Japanese dinner I had was OK & similar to a Benihana's.

Drinks: Domestic beer & rum offered. Top shelf liquor was available but not included. NOTE: premium wine was not available. Someone found me a "premium" bottle @ $24 U.S.. It was a $5 Woodbridge white zin. Pool bar drinks were not as good as other bars on property.

There were enough loungers & beach/shade.

Entertainment: Staff did nightly shows outdoors & while the music & dancing was fine, it was too hot & some people left early.

A few things I did not understand:
1) The in-room safe required an extra charge
2) The available wine was limited to primarily 1 brand
3) The outdoor entertainment was uncomfortably hot at night.
4) Why are the pools shut down at 8 PM?

Bahia Principe, a hotel for Europeans who can afford hotel's screw-ups??? B S!

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 14-day holiday in the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. As far as we are concerned, this hotel is excellent.

The buffet is wonderful, offering a wide variety of salads, seafood, meat, vegetables, dessert, and so on ... As for the a la carte restaurants, we especially liked the seafood restaurant El Pescador and the French restaurant Le Gourmet.

As for the drinks ... no need to worry. The staff fixes you a nice cocktail with whichever ingredient you like. In general the people working at Bahia Principe are incredibly helpful and nice.

The pools, being cleaned thoroughly every morning, and the beach are fun. If you like sport activities, then you will surely find something to do (beach volley, beach football, nautics, ...)

Anyway, my girlfriend and I (24) had a great time at Bahia Principe!

As for the reviewer who wants to warn U.S. travellers and states that European travellers can afford hotelĀ“s screw-ups ...

First of all, if you are not able to appreciate this resort, then I can not imagine what you are used to. There are some minor details than can be improved (such as the water problem in the bathroom), but not enough to consider this hotel unworthy a visit.

Secondly, if the language difficulty seems to be an incredible problem, perhaps this is because of the fact that US citizens lack any linguistic knowledge other than the English ... We, as Europeans, of course have a much wider language variety and do not have the least problem in having a conversation with the hotel staff.

Romantic Hotel

by chicabonita about Gran Bahia

In 1995 I spent a weekend in the beautiful hotel. The house is build like an old caribean manor house with bowfronts, very lovely ...
The hotel belongs to the Occidental group and I believe that it is still good ... Don't remember the price but anyway it would have changed much during the last years.

Great vacation

Great room amenities, room service, great food, mucho restaurants and quite decent snack bars. The beach is totally awesome, make sure to go snorkeling, there are some very fishy reefs in about 4 meters into the deep. Good-Looking volleyball coach:) Very nice night club. The hotel is quite large, so when you are getting your room keys ask for a room close to the beach (I believe it is called Golden Bahia Principe).
Now the lacks: alcohol drinks make u wish for mucho-mucho better, no good wine selection, evening entertainment is very low quality, so in the evening you are pretty much on your own.

We had a Great time !!

by TripAdvisor Member Bramble123

I am one of the minority from the UK that stayed at the Bahia Principe this summer. We booked our trip independently ( teletext and flights through Thomson.com) so had no tour operator etc to meet us at the airport or to look after us when we got to Dominican Republic. Although this was a bit daunting at first, it did not cause us any problems, and we stumbled across Carlos, in the Apple Vacations tour office, who was really helpful and booked all our trips for us - well worth checking him out!!!
We got a Taxi from the airport ( $24 - dont pay any more) which was about a 25-30 minute ride. when we got to the resort, we did not have the customary welcome that you might have if travelling with a tour company, but we were the only ones checking in so were in our room within 10 minutes of arriving.
The resort is huge, but very impressive and well worth the 4.5/ 5 star rating it has aquired. The rooms are immaculate ( we stayed in a Club Golden Suite although booked a junior suite as we had 2 children staying in the room with us ) and the room itself was enormous. There is a jacuzzi bath in the huge bathroom and two double beds and a sofa bed in the living area. More than enough room. Nice large terrace/ balcony area and all rooms look out onto well tendered gardens.
All the staff are very friendly, some cannot speak English, but will always find someone who can if you cannot speak Spanish. It was not a problem for us - we always seemed to get by - somehow!! The animation team were great ( even of the shows were a bit repetative) and tried very hard to create a fun environment. As a result, very few people ( us included )made use of two beatiful pools, halfway between the reception area and the beach,and spent most of our time at the pool by the beach, but thats the whole idea of the place- you have a choice!!
On the beach there is a variety of watersports on offer. Anything non motorised is free and anything that involves a boat, costs. We did alot of windsurfing and sailing the Hobie Cats which were alot of fun.
The Food is very good and really there is nothing more you could want. The A La Carte resaurants are all of a high standard- we tried them all - and your favourite will be a matter of taste so I am not going to say that one is better tn the other- you can decide for yourself!!
Over all I would say that the Bahia Principe is an excellent resort, and I am sure will be very popular with the brits once it is released to UK tour operators in the future. Majority of clients staying there at present are Spanish, with some American and Canadian Guests and a few French. We had two weeks of pure indulgence and relaxation - well worth a visit.

Room #1101 of Bahia Principe, Punta CanaRoom #1101 of Bahia Principe, Punta Cana

bahia principe

by gooner66

Anyone heard any news about virus problem at this hotel in san juan as my friends are travelling soon with small children and worried as news in UK papers details problems here.

by grets

All I have heard is what it in the news:

by Heavens-Mirror

i read a newspaper article today and read that 3 people have died and the virus effects the liver. The virus was due to a water works sytem failing and contaminated.
My friend too is meant to be going in September but now has too cancel as the condition is getting out of control.

by grets

That looks like an excellent site Jeff!

Comments