Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort And Spa

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort And Spa

Get on the bus!!!!

by cybercutie

The Grand Palladium Resort is huge, and can take you forever to travel from one end to the other. Many a night I found myself lost trying to find my way back to my room (ok, well, only one night, the rest of the time my friends were with me to guide my directionally challenged self).

Then, alas, I see it...a train which comes around every 15 minutes or so, guiding other lost souls to their ultimate destinations...I tell ya, if I ever build a resort, I will definitely have a train (and a conductor, because every train needs one).

A dream come true

by TripAdvisor Member nellieBath

Fantastic holiday, we went sept 2002 for two weeks,lovely beaches, fantastic food never seen so much, we went for our silver anniversary and my birthday they were celebrated in style, it was more like a seven star, more than we ever expected.

The Best Time Ever!

by TripAdvisor Member wanda_scho

Myself and a friend, my 2 daughters and each a friend (6 girls) travelled here April 13 - 20th. It is fabulous and I would recommend it to anyone. I hate to say anything negative at all, but the one and only thing would be the musty smell in our room. Other than that it was very very clean, the maids did a great job and were always mopping the hallways. The Beach is gorgeous - lots of lounge chairs, the water is awesome, the bars and drinks were great - lots of variety of local liquor and Presidente Beer which we all enjoyed. The staff were ALL friendly and tried to speak English or tried to teach you some Spanish. The incouraged guests to join in to dance lessons, areobics, and all other sports provided. There were lots of activities right on the resort. The disco was fun and the entertainment was always enjoyable. The food was great too with lots of variety! With 3 resorts combined into one, you had lots of choices for activities, restaurants, pools and bars. What more can I say! I would highly recommend this resort! We brought makeup and nail polish, etc. to leave on the pillow for the maids. They seemed to really like that touch. We saw very little tipping but we did tip a lot, although some bar tenders didn't want to take tips. You will enjoy this place!

The Best Trip

Fiesta Bavaro was wonderful the food was wierd but great! The people were so friendly. And the beaches were so beutiful. My room had an ocean front view and it was gorgeus. The pools were fantastic . Theres so much to do and I could go on and on but if your thinking of a trip you should definitly go to Dominican Republic , Fiesta Bavaro !

great beach - bad diarrhea -very bad

The beach/pool was very nice, the employees were very friendly and helpful, and the shows were fun. The food was just okay even at the restaurants that required reservations. Despite not drinking any tap water my wife and I, as well as quite a number of other guests, became sidelined due to rather serious diarrhea. We even had to cancel a tour that we booked for the fifth day of an 8-day stay.

Great Resort - Bad Diarrhea

Traveled for the second year to Fiesta Bavaro. The first year our group went was great, Traveled the week of May 10 through May 17th, 2003 and within 24hrs of our arrival we were stricten with severe stomach cramps and severe diarrhea. We had to receive medical attention after our arrival back home. I would advise anyone traveling to take a perscription for an antibiotic along with you as the pharmacies do not have strong enough medication for treatment.

Great Place-Horrible reprsentitives

OK me and a friend went to Fiesta Bavaro for a 3 day wked from 5/16 to 5/19. First the resort... Beautiful, Beach super clean, probably the prettiest beach I will ever see. Second- the food... Unfortunately we didn't do alot of eating, we stayed with the lobby rest. for the most part. Food was ok pretty good selection. There are other rest. you can go to but food was not the top priority to us. We were there to enjoy the beach, pool and the cocktails. Third- activities... They offer you all these 1/2 day packages to go do things but they don't tell you that right on the beach they have the same type things (for the most part) for less money ad time. We did snorkeling through Fiesta Bavaro instead of through Apple and it cost us 15.00 each and we were back to the beach in 1 1/2 hrs. Just enough time to enjoy it and then be done. We did Parasailing also the same way. 35.00 each. Excellent, no queasy stomach, great view of the land, super fun and done in 15 minutes. Apple doesn't tell you of this becasue I assume they don't get the money for it. Ok now the bad, Apple reps were fine and helpful while you were there BUT the second your supposed be leaving their hotel they are so done with you. This is fine if you don't have any problems. When you have a problem this is the time they should be the most helpful. Well... we woke up late and missed the shuttle to the airport. Packed really quick and got a taxi there ourselves. The reps pretty much said we can't help you you are S.O.L. Our plane was due to depart at 12:40 p.m. We got to the airport at 12:00. Only to find that our plane had left early. (over 1/2 hr early) We went to the Apple rep in the airport he shook his head, walked away and didn't want to know us. Thankfully the airport manager did help us and got us a flight to Philly PA (Even though we were supposed to be going to NJ) Ok so that was a long long day. but one other thing to mention is the way Apple screws you and pretty much robs you. We orig. were supposed to leave Punta Cana at 8:40 p before our trip they called and said that the departure was rescheduled for 12:40 (Screwing us out of the entire last day.) They wouldn't reimburse any money and said tough. So the hotel was great, beer is just like coors light, rooms are beautiful and clean (make sure you leave the maid about 2.00 daily) beach and pool excelent. APPLE REPS NO HELP NOT FRIENDLY ONCE THERE IS A PROBLEM. I would recommend the hotel 100% not APPLE

It was great!

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from the Fiesta Bavaro (May 28th - June 5th) and we thought it was great! The rooms were huge as ours had a lounge as well as a bedroom with two double beds and it was very clean, the beach was soft white sand and turquoise sea - just what we wanted! and the pool was huge and we always found two spare sunbeds together. The food was really nice but we would of liked a bit more variety on the lunch and dinner buffet. We did have to do quite a bit of walking because although we were near to the beach and pool we were a good 5 minutes walk from the main restaurant but we didn't mind as we were walking through the beautiful grounds. If you are going to do the excursions I would definitely recommend the 'Speed Venture', we both got to drive a speed boat for about 30 minutes each and go snorkelling for about 30-40 minutes where there was hundreds of fish all fighting to eat the fish food out of your hand, it was absolutly brilliant! Oh and the massage on the beach is a must! I would say if your going to go to the Fiesta Bavaro you are definitely in for a treat. NB. Some of the staff are not that great at speaking English, so it does help if you know basic Spanish.

Difference B/W Grand Palladium Palace and Grand Palladium Bavaro (renovated)

by jennblair

hello,
has anyone stayed at either of these? and does anyone know the difference between these two resorts? I'm pretty sure they are joined and we get accesss to both facilities but there is a big difference in price. If it is just that the rooms are bigger with a jaquizzi I'll just go to the grand palladium and not the palace section. I just don't want to be dissapointed.

Thanks!!

Jenn

by notalk

Hi jenn, not sure but a group of four of us are going april 19 to the palace. two of us are single so I hope we didn't choose the wrong one. hopefully it won't matter which one were at and it will be easy to get around while we are there.

kevin

RE: RE: Difference B/W Grand Palladium Palace and Grand Palladium Bavaro (renovated)

by jennblair

hey,

thanks for the info! we decided to go for 2 weeks so opted for the cheaper grand palladium. We leave april 25th. Maybe we'll see you around! have a fun vacation.

jenn