Playa Bavaro, Higuey, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Iberostar Punta Cana

Iberostar Punta Cana was a hit!

We celebrated Christmas with 18 members of our family at this beautiful hotel. The beach is really incredible. There are plenty of hut style umbrellas so you can get out of the sun when necessary. ( We did put towels on the chairs early in the morning to mark our spot), There are not people on the beach trying to sell you things which is really a pleasure. There was a little bit of snorkeling right off the beach and there were plenty of activites at the pool and beach to keep everyone happy.
The rooms were adequate. By this I mean we had what we needed and nothing else. No clock and the hair dryer is very weak. Bring an adapter for anything electrical. The TV had some US channels and ESPN.There was water in the mini bar to drink and brush your teeth. The room was very clean as is the whole hotel, The floors sparkle. The rooms were a bit musty and the pillows were flat.
The staff is so friendly! They really like it when you try to use even a little Spanish. They also appreciate a tip but definitely do not have their hands out expecting one.
The food is good not great. The special Christmas eve buffet was fantastic. Every meal you could find something to eat. Stick with the fish and chicken and you'll be find. There are areas for non smokers which was great. We drank all of our drinks with ice and drank frozen drinks without a problem. The wait staff is the best! They really want to make you happy. For the specialty restaurants we went to the Chinese(good aps,entrees not great). Caribbean (good shrimp), Steak(excellent flank and rib eye, the best one with a great staff) and the Mexican(horrible and the staff was rude).
The evenings are slow! The Star Friends shows are really boring so there is no night life. Bring board games for the kids so they can keep busy while the adults socialize. Taste the kids "virgin" pina coladas before they drink them because on more than one occassion they were give rum by accident.
As far as the comments about topless women by other reviewers, we had 4 young teen age boys with us and by the 5th woman they saw they couldn't care less!
All in all it was a great week and we would definitly go back. The hotel is sooooooo beautiful and the beach is top notch. It looks like something out of a magazine.

by Moiira about Iberostar Punta Cana

Very nice all-inclusive resort with two freeform pools. All rooms had mini-bars that were restocked daily with beer, sodas & water.

Just Returned from the Iberostar Punta Cana

by TripAdvisor Member bajabex

We just returned this evening. My husband, myself, our 8 yr. son and my parents all went together. This hotel had all of the basics needed for a wonderful vacation. Travel from the airport to the hotel was very nice. We had a big air conditioned bus and met lots of nice people. Upon arrival to the hotel our room was ready (we were one of the few) my parents room was not ready yet, but it did not take but 15 minutes. The staff work very hard to make everybody happy.
The rooms are very basic, but as I stated above you have basically what you need. You can get adapters in the lobby for the outlets. (our electronics did not plug into their outlets) The beds are very very small. We had two doubles which seemed like two twins. We just moved them together and we were fine.
The grounds are amazing. We were lucky enough to be there while the xmas lights were put on the palm trees. What a gorgeous sight at night.
The pools were very pretty, we found the water to be chilly. There were a lot more pool activities going on over in the Dominicana side. We played football and volleyball on our side. My dad really enjoyed that. He had every kid in the pool playing whether they spoke english or not. It was great.
The food was hard to get used to at first. You really have to be patient. The first day we got there we were so hungry and hated the food. ( we get cranky when we are hungry) The next day we started to find plenty of great food. The chicken at La Cana was awesome. We ate there alot. They are open from 10:00 to 5:00 everyday. It is outside by the beach, so you can go casual (swim suit) My son loved the french fries and the ice cream. There are plenty of food choices!!
The beach was the best!! When you are walking from the resort to the beach you will think you are looking at a postcard!! We walked down to the shopping at the local stores. Their favorite word is cheapo!! So make sure you bargain.
I have to add in here that the weather is perfect in Punta Cana. You will be pleasantly surprised if you are used to the Mexican heat.
We would probally try another hotel next time. There are a few things that we would have liked to have had. More facilities, more bars, top shelf liquor, coffee makers in the rooms & irons to mention a few. This hotel is very basic, but very nice.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Incredible punta cana yahooooooooo!

We travelled to the Iberostar punta cana from January 8th to the 15th and I must say that that this chain of hotels has out done themselves. This hotel offers so much and you share all the facialites with the iberstar punta cana thats adds even more value. read our review and hopefully it helps.

Our flight was shceduled to land in punta cana at 10:00pm on Sunday and return departing at 10pm on the 15th and arriveing home at 2am. I would strongly reccomend traveling in the night b/c you end up having 7 full days in the sun and avoid all the chaos of traveling through the day ,waiting to check in you room , line ups etc.

The Ibertostar Punta Cana : great resort with amazing value.definitely underrated. The resort has so much to offer that if you choose to be active you can and if you also want to just relax you can too.

Food: fantastic buffet with plenty to choose from.
A la carte: all good , must try the oriental-great!
Pool: huge pool and cleaned daily . never a problem finding a place to sit. towls always warm.
Beach: incredible..white sand beach with plenty of huts to sit in the shade-just in case.
Rooms: very clean and spacious. the pillows are flat but we asked for a couple more and the cleaning lady was happy to leave extra.
Entertainment: plenty of things goign on all ofer the resort. shows-good,casino-great, nightclub-great, animation crew around all the time entertaining you and getting everyone involved in the activites.

Overall I would stongly reccoment to visit the iberostar punta cana. the resort offers great value for your dollar with so much available. did i mention that they have a spa too!

Have fun and dont worry just book your trip and go!
Cheers!

best vacation ever

I stayed at the Iberostar Punta Cana for four days. The resort was beautiful. The grounds and beach were well maintained and clean. The food was average with lots of variety. You'll find something to enjoy at all of the meals. The room was more than I expected. The staff understood basic english and were very pleasant and helpful. The vacation was relaxing and will highly recommend the resort to anyone.

Average all inclusive

by TripAdvisor Member ruthy1

We visited the Iberostar Punta Cana in Dec.05. The flight was good, the airport fine, the bus to the Resort good, the check in fine, the room average, the food good, but you really had to hunt it down. We have been to many all inclusives and found this one to be a 4 star as advertised, no more, no less. The topless bathing on the beach was quite open, "those that could did not, and those that did should NOT HAVE! let's leave it at that... Will we ever return to that area? NO!!!!! We'll spend the extra and go back to to a 5 or 6 star resort in Mexico. P.S. Beware of doorman in the Casino, he will sneak up behind some of the women and ask for favors, if you know what I mean. Creepy huh.

Only Average

by TripAdvisor Member GROntario

Just returned this afternoon from Iberostar Punta Cana and overall for the money we payed for 7 nights all inclusive I would say there are better locations and resorts to choose from. We have travelled a fair amount and enjoy the Mayan Riviera better. Nothing to do in Punta as it is far from everything. The food at the resort was relatively bland, repetitive and average. The resort rooms had a horrible musty smell that wanted to make me gag, this fact alone would cause me to not go back, nor recommend the resort to anyone else. The evening shows were not very good. The good points were the beach and pools, both beautiful and well cared for. I would rate this resort a 3 1/2 star - maybe a 4 star at the most.

Fantastic, Great ,Can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member snowking212000

my wife and I got in late ,around 10:30 pm after almost waiting an hour and a half at that zoo they call the Punta Cana Airport , customs was a cross between a horror show and a 3 ring circus.

But once we arrived at the Iberostar Punta Cana ,we arrived in paradise , the staff was fantastic servicewas outstanding , they were prompt,very polite and efficent. Our toilet didn't work ,they upgraded us
immediately to a Jr. suite. They kept a section of the buffet restaurant open for the late arrivals ,we were treated like VIP's

the resort is beautiful , the landscaping is awesome,
you never want for anything ,food is great .we ate steak ,shrimp, lobster ,beef, it goes on and on ,all their drinks are brand alchols, I believe this resort has the best customer service I have ever experienced

Beach is the best I have ever been on, it goes on for miles ,white sand ,marine blue water and very warm
Can't wait to get back

Moiira's Punta Cana Page

by Moiira

I was in Punta Cana from August 18-25 2001 with my son. We stayed at the Melia Tropical Caribe for 3 days and at the Iberostar Punta Cana for 5 days. I will add more info and pictures soon.

the best island in the caribean

by juanitobelgica

"dominican republic"

a wrack of a ship in the cristal blue water of punta cana beach

"paella on the beach"

a local girl and me dancing the bachata on the beach while they preparing a nice and very good paella.

"palmtrees of hotel iberostar punta cana"

i like the sight of palmtrees and i'm dreaming everyday that i was there in my favourite destination.

At an a la carte restaurantAt an a la carte restaurant

Punta Cana - Snorkel TripPunta Cana - Snorkel Trip

Kids poolKids pool

One of the 3 Swimming PoolsOne of the 3 Swimming Pools

iberostar punta cana

by dee12345

has anyone stayed at any of the 3 iberostars in punta cana? can you recomend 1 over the others?

Re: iberostar punta cana

by TRAVELGUY33

stayed at all 3 of them and been there 4 times in last 5 yrs, loved them all.......Iberostar Punta Cana Grand is remarkable......what ever you chose just watch the water and dont leave the resort without the hotel saying it is ok for that excursion

Re: Re: iberostar punta cana

by dee12345

hello thanks for the reply
i just talked to a travel agent and she said there is the iberostar punta cana
iberostar dominincana
iberostar bavara
the bavara is a 5 star the other 2 are 4.5 stars
you mentioned the grand? which is that?
is it worth the extra few hundred to stay at the bavara?

Re: iberostar punta cana

by thoros

Iberostar Bavaro is the best of the 3...they are all side by side. Bavaro is all suites, in bungalow style buildings ... the other 2 are mirror image resorts side by side ... guests of the Bavaro can use both the Punta Cana & the Dominican resorts.

by ryansgirl

I am going to Punta Cana mid march. I have been reading about this whole Malaria and norovirus thing, it worries me a little. Any cases at Iberostar? Or has anyone stayed there? any feedback?

RE: Iberostar Punta Cana

by Patricialuv

Hi! This whole case of Malaria is news to me!! I've been to many hotel resorts in punta cana for the past five years and I've never gotten sick. Now, to be on the safe side, make sure you don't drink the water. I wouldn't be worried if I were you, but it's always good to be on the safe side.

Happy travels!

Patricia

punta cana DR

we are planning a trip to punta cana to1 of the 3 iberostars,
any recomendations of which one
1) iberostar bavaro
2) iberostar punta cana
3) ibersotar dominicana
we are planning to go the 1st week of december can anyone tell me if this is the rainy season. anyone know of any fishing charter companies in punta cana area?
thanks