NH Royal Beach

More about NH Royal Beach

Relaxing Vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member Paula0001

Stay: December 25th, 2009 - January 2nd, 2010

My husband and I enjoy travelling over the Christmas holidays and have had the chance to visit/experience many different hotels over the past few years...

In saying that, NH Royal Beach was a great hotel...and we had a wonderful vacation. We were looking for an adults only hotel with 5 star service....and that is what we got!

Service:
Not sure why other people may have received poor service, but for us and the couples we met there, the service was excellent!! The staff went out of their way to make sure you had everything you needed during meals...on the beach they would walk around and ask you if you wanted anything to drink (and NO, we didn't tip everytime they came around)...infact, my husband didn't even tip them until the 3rd day on the beach and they ALWAYS came to ask if we wanted something. There was NO pressure (unlike some hotels I've stayed at) to tip...I never once felt that I needed to tip in order to receive better service! They obviously appreciate the tips, and they totally deserve the tips at this hotel.
The restaurant/buffet service was excellent and we always had a beautiful view of the ocean when we ate the buffet.

Food:
Food was good. There was more than enough to satisfy the needs of everyone. From caviar, shrimp and lamb to french fries and burgers...we were always happy with our meals. New Year's dinner was amazing - all you can eat lobster, shrimp, calamari...excellent!!! Restaurants are ok - all require reservations and for the men to wear long pants (jeans are ok)...Mexican and "Pure" are part of the NH Royal Beach...the Pure restaurant is a "tasting" menu...we weren't thrilled with the food...small tasting portions and it is a set menu. Restaurants at the NH Royal Arena are Asian, French, Sea Grill...all are ok...Asian restaurant is fun. You have access to all restaurants...other hotel (Royal Arena) does not have access to Royal Beach.
We enjoyed our buffet the best...probably because of the ocean view and the variety.

Beach:
Compared to other parts of the punta cana beach (Grand Bahia Principe/Moon Palace) this end of the beach had a lot of seaweed...maybe due to the weather before we arrived...not as many waves either. Found on the last day of our trip that the seaweed had cleared up. But there were always people on the beach cleaning up the seaweed in the mornings.
Dance Lessons, Aerobics and Volleyball on the beach...if you want more entertainment, you can head over the NH Royal Arena.
Never had a problem with chairs and you can get towels as you like...no towel cards.

Rooms:
Clean, modern and spacious. More than enough room and the beds were comfy. Rooms were cleaned everyday...had no problems. Computerized safe in the room.
We ordered room service 3 times during the week...had no problems...took about 30-45 minutes...sometimes less than that to arrive. Not a huge room service menu...but it was good for a little something extra to munch on...the Margarita Pizza was great!
Stocked fridge with beer, pop, water, juice and a bag of chips...everyday!

Spa:
Husband and I went for a massage...it was ok. Have had massages on other vacations (Sandels hotels - much better there). They tried to 'up' the price on us when we went to pay...luckily we had the price they had written out from the day before...not sure if it was intentional or by accident that they 'up'd it'...but I would keep an eye on it if you do go to the spa.

Entertaiment:
NH Royal Beach side is relaxing, quiet....no kids running around!!! They have a live band play outisde from 8:00-10:00ish... But the good thing about this resort is that you are free to use both hotels...the NH Royal Arena as well. It is only a minute walk, not even to the other hotel...and there you'll find the shows, disco, etc... Disco was nice...outside on the roof top. So if you do wish for a more lively evening...the Arena side is where you'll find it.

We would go back for sure!

AWSOME AWSOME

by TripAdvisor Member 2cleaners

This year my wife and myself traveled alone to Edinh Real upon our arrival we upgraded to the new NH Royal Beach section of the hotel. This is an adult only section here you get to be spoiled as all of the staff seem to have the same thing in mind and that is to provide you with the best vacation possible, they all go the extra little bit to make your stay awsome. we had the chance to experience a swim-up room if you have never tried one of these before try it they are so cool. The food here at the resort is very good even though many have different reviews on it, it is all about taste and quality to me and they were both meet. We had the honour of meeting the owner and the manager of this section I just got to tell you these people are just like family they bend over backwards to make your stay as pleasent as possible. So if you are looking to be spoiled and have a quiet and relaxing vacation this is the spot don't believe all the reviews as everyone rates them differntly, some get all excited when something isn't right and blow everything outta proportion. this place rates a 5 plus to me and probable many others to so try it you will love it we are comming back next year for our 4th time. Hope you all enjoy your vacation as much as we did.

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member wny2dt

Just returned yesterday from our stay at this hotel. While I think we were unlucky in not having great weather the entire week of our stay, the hotel made up the difference for the most part.

On the positive side, our room here was very clean and well maintained throughout the duration. One really nice touch was the turn-down service at night - basically, they visit each room between 8pm-10pm, turn on the side night lights on either side of the bed, turn down the bedspread corners, drop a foot towel on each side of the bed, along with placing slippers on the towel as well as tidying up just a bit. The grounds are well maintained and beach/pool towels were always available. The resort was not crowded during our stay, which made it all the nicer, but I could see towel availability being an issue the more crowded it gets, so they need to have a better system. I'm sure you could just ask someone and they'd be more than happy to oblige. The people were very friendly, though not all spoke english well, but with minimal spanish, you can get by (and by minimal, I mean you have to be open to them teaching you a few words...and why shouldn't you actually learn something on your vacation, right?). Fortunately, I remembered a tiny bit of spanish, so it helped a little. The beach was great since it wasn't crowded, seating being much better than other resorts we walked past (others had rows of 20-30 chairs all lined up next to each other...here, everything was spaced out and there was plenty of room). Overall the individual restaurants are good, definitely better than the buffet. We tried Pure at Royal Beach, which was good. Also ate at Senses ("French") and the Asian place, both at NH Real next door. They were OK. If you've had French food, Senses will be disappointing. Take a more realistic view, realize where you are and you'll find it to be suitable as you're not going to find fine French food (or Asian, for that matter) anywhere closeby. One funny note is upon receiving steak at Senses, I asked for a steak knife...they don't have any. The girl I requested the knife from asked a co-worker and as he told her there were none, she made this horrifying face, like, "How could we have NO steak knives?"
While the food was passable, overall, the accommodations made the stay enjoyable, especially since it was the first time I stayed at a formal all-inclusive resort. One more thing as a positive, the security on the beach does a really nice job of keeping peddlers out. Walk 20 feet down the beach from Royal Beach and you have someone pushing water sports and shopping on you. A simple stroll down the beach away from the resort can turn into a lesson in keeping peddlers at bay (hint: if you walk down the beach, stay in 1 foot of waves...the beach peddlers don't come into the water...ha ha ha). Again, staff at NH RB keeps this people out of the NH beach area, so you're not infringed upon...very nice.

The negative (some points not so negative, but could be construed as such, depending on your viewpoint): the food could stand an upgrade at Royal Beach. My gf and I strolled through the buffet at NH Real and it seemed as though it was the same as the buffet food at Royal Beach. Tthe food wasn't particularly bad, it wasn't memorable. Overall, the pool at the Royal Beach was nice, but I think the layout seems conducive for getting much sun. The individual huts provide privacy, but can also prove a hindrance if you're a sun person. Very nice, but still can be seen as a negative. The casino at the NH Real next door was not really a casino, more like a small room with a dozen slots and a couple table games...then again, I guess that constitutes being a casino depending on your location in the world.

Again, a very enjoyable, relaxing stay here.

the best. i've been in lot of resorts, but in no one like this

by TripAdvisor Member albertini_pochero

i just came back from the resort and i needed to post this info here. since the first moment yo come in you realize this resort is special. everybody is kind and polite and you have the feeling nothing is casual, i mean you see everything has been studied for you to feel amazing. any doubt we had during our stay a girl called esther was ready for helping and explaining. griselda (i think the name is correctly written) was great too. i remember my girl loved the hall (or lobby how they call it) when we entered. i dont really care about this stuff, but she was all time saying how well decorated it was, same as the rooms. well the rooms where for sure quite comfortable. great tv (i could watch all the sports i wanted. stupid thing for many people but important for me), everything was completely new, and best bathroom in the world. ive never seen a room like this one and i have visited 4 or 5 resorts in bavaro and cancun. ramon the bellboy explained everything to us. funny guy. the best things: the food, the service and the swimming pool (its not the typical one, you have to go to see it...). moreover, in my opinion the resort is located in one of the two best parts of bavaro beach. all resorts i have stayed have a swimming bar, but this one has a bar in the beach too, this is quite good idea. another thing that makes the hotel unique: BALINESE BEDS. if you are with girl you can use them at night for example. they are at the beach. i dont know, i just felt everything was perfect. the food for example, 2 restaurants (for me the best one was the mortero wow!). the other one, i dont remember the name, was great too. this one my girl liked it the most. and the buffet was NO DOUBT the best one i have seen. lot of food and everything delicious. spanish ham, very good desserts. you could eat watching the beach so close... best breakfast ever. very good shows at night, and AMAZING GYM AND SPA.
so this is it, everything is perfect. i cannot find anything that was wrong there. i have never written before here, but i needed to do it now to say i have spent the best holidays in lot of time. hope you do it too if you decide to go there.
have fun
albertini pochero

very relaxing - few upgrades needed to be a 5 star resort

by TripAdvisor Member eka1978

Pros: quiet, friendly staff, beautiful beach, use of the adjacent resorts amenities, easy ride from the airport, clean/modern rooms, comfortable beds.

Cons: Food - Found the food to be sub par to other all-inclusive resorts. Dined at the breakfast buffet, lunch buffet, Italian restaurant (NH Real) and Asian restaurant (NH Real) The Hibachi may have been the best of the choices, however the menus were very limited.

Room Service was inconsistent- didn't respond to door sign the 1st day, next day no service until 4 PM at that point we just took towels. And the next night we received a knock at the door around 10:30 PM for turn down which seemed a bit late.

We did not partake in any activities - something about doing aerobics mid-day in 85 degree sunshine on the beach in front of people didn't spark our interest. Recommend instituting water aerobics in the morning, or yoga in a a more private area. The live music, karaoke, and noise from the nearby Tantra lounge may be a nuisance for light sleepers so I recommend a room closer towards the beach. The gym could have been larger for this size resort.

After walking the beach and seeing other hotels. This hotel is a good choice if you are looking for a quiet escape where you don't have to look for a spot on the beach or the pool. Other resorts seem to be overcrowded with families, or drunk and loud guests at the adults only resorts. Think the NH Royal being new, still has to work out a few kinks but if they are reading the reviews really need to consider upgrading the food service.

It was everything we were hoping for...

by TripAdvisor Member clevkus1

We just returned yesterday, and it was wonderful. We went with three other couples and all shared the same opinions of the hotel, the room was clean and well kept, the buffet was very clean and the food was very good. The pool was very relaxing, and few people (not crowded). It was easy to get a seat at the buffet and restauraunts. We liked Pure, but did not try the mexican restauraunt. We were able to use the facilities over at NH Real Arena. We tried their restauraunts and liked the American and Japanese the best. We liked the buffet at our hotel better (NH Royal Beach). Domingo and Lucy and many others were very nice and the staff attended well to our needs.

Carlo's made the beach classes fun, they had aerobics, stretching, and volleyball. They also had dance classes (take them, they come in handy for the evening romantic show). The entertainment was worth seeing and fun at the NH Real Arena (we saw two shows because they start at 9:45 p.m.) They had entertainment also at our hotel plaza outside of the lobby which was very relaxing.

The ocean was very beautiful and refreshing. The sand was very light color and not hot to walk on. We shopped at the nearby plaza, the people are very nice there and like to negotiate a price. We paid more than the vacation representative recommended, but still thought we got a good deal.

Make sure you take any over the counter medicine and sunblock or tanning lotion with you as you will pay a lot for those items at the hotel. Although the clothing and jewelry was more reasonable.

We had not one complaint. We talked to others who stayed elsewhere and for misc. reasons transferred to our hotel and liked it better than where they came from. I was very glad we stayed at the NH Royal Beach Hotel.

OMG I Was Queen for a Week!!!! Outrageously Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Candy2010

First and foremost!!!!! I read bad reviews on NH Royal Beach and I need to make it clear.....they didn't stay at NH Royal Beach!!!! I went there after booking it and thought the food would be OK or fair or not OK??? It was amazing!!! I bought $30 of Mosquito Spray because of comments....I saw two mosquitos in a week. They spray the hotel nightly....no bugs as I read. I have never seen a hotel that looks like a postcard everyday. Amazing Turquoise Waters, Blue Skies,The sunrises were my favorite part of the day...wow!! Ever morning the staff goes out and cleans the beach....pure white sand. My drink of choice was Mojitos and Bombay and Tonic with Lime. Loved when they chopped open a coconut and popped a straw in it with a big of rum :-) and Drinks were great!!! Bartenders were attentive and fun.Basilio was my favorite bartender at the pool swim up bar. Extravagant Decor and the Food is Outrageous!!!! I just got home and I can't brag enough about the food, the service, the friendliness and the hotel. I was pampered by everyone with a smile. Also loved the 24hr room service. I favored the sushi and the Margariita Pizza. The restaurants were first class. Loved Montero their fine dining Mexican Restaurant. I had Grilled Tequila Shrimp....Yum!! The French Restaurant Senses I loved the Grilled Small Lobster Tails...Excellent and Beef Tenderloins and quenched my thirst with a Gin Fizz . I ate there two nights it was so good. My hotel rep "Rami" Radame was everywhere I turned making reservations for me, making sure the drinks were good, everything I possibly could need with a smile. I miss him already spoiling me. The jacuzzi was romantic with candles burning facing the ocean. The beds had down comforters and expresso machine in the room stocked as well as the minibar with chips, beer, soda and juice daily. Did I leave out tons of gorgeous palm trees and new lounge chairs everywhere. I'm going back next year wihout a doubt.
I would get up 6:30AM for the sunrise, off to the Breakfast Buffet with Omelets made to order fresh pastries and all kinds of breads and rolls and croissants. Their were gourmet cheeses and salads to die for. I loved the crepes and french toast.

Adults Only is the Key to Serenity

by TripAdvisor Member drlovesretirement

Was booked into NH Real Arena with a group of 5 other women. Roberto upgraded us for free to NH Royal Beach - adults only, premium liquor, brand new resort! The resort is wonderful. Beautiful, clean spacious rooms with contemporary features (vessel sinks, glass walk-in shower), flat-screen TVs, and a jacuzzi on every balcony. Spectacular buffet with the look and feel of a 5-star restaurant. Great food enclosed in sliding glass doors to keep out unwanted bugs. Very nice al a carte in Pure - just ask for more food than they give you the first time around. We had access to all the NH Real Arena's al a carte restaurants - skip the steak house and go for Senses and the Japanese. We had no limit on how many times we could do al a carte. Great courteous staff with a real concern for your happiness - especially Romi, Lucy, and the staff at the outside veranda in the buffet. We experienced some of the difficulties you would find in any brand new facility - air conditioning, plumbing, etc. When the difficulties were brought to the attention of the staff, they were immediately fixed. One pair was given a new room when their shower couldn't be fixed. The pools (one with a swim-up bar and one a lazy river) were fantastic - never crowded and absolutely clean. The nighttime entertainment is relaxing but would seem too calm for a party crowd. Large shows were held at 9:45 at the NH Real Arena - Cirque was excellent but those who had seen Cirque de Soliel weren't very impressed. The most noticeable thing was the tremendous benefit of the adult only accommodations. It was tranquil, laid back, and a wonderful place to decompress and de-stress. After this experience, I don't think I'll ever do a resort that isn't adults only again. This resort definitely warrants your serious consideration if you want a relaxing vacation. Beautiful beach, close to the airport, and staff that want you to enjoy yourself to the max.

Best place I've ever Been!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hannababy32

This place is just simply amazing, it is definitely a 5 star hotel. I read some reviews before I left and have no idea why anyone would complain about the food it was great the buffet was amazing and you could have anything specially made if you wanted. If you can't find something to eat at the buffet than you have a problem. The room was Gorgeous we had a King bed pool side rooms close to the pool bar these are the best rooms there I like them better than the ocean view rooms. The pool is like a lazy river that runs around the hotel we had a couple that left us floats it was so nice just to float around the pool with drinks and relax. The people that work there are wonderful so friendly they would do anything to male you happy we made sure we tip them even if you give them a couple of dollars it means so much to them 1 dollars to us is 35 dollars to them they don't expect it but you know they are extremely appreciative when you do, one night we gave a 20 tip and we got champagne every day after that we went to the buffet. It was my my moms 60th birthday they brought her a bottle of champagne a fruit basket and a bottle of rum we were treated like royalty. When you book here you have complete access to the sister hotel NH Royal Beach arena that's were the night life is so its like having the best of both worlds nice relaxing day at this hotel and night life at the other hotel. The other hotel has a casino which is small but suits the purpose, a disco, sports bar and many other amenities. I just love this Hotel wouldn't stay anywhere else we are planning to go back next year. I want to give much thanks to Rahamme he made the whole trip for us nicest guy I have ever met, also Luis and Lucy at the pool bar and Domingo at the buffet.

I can't wait to go back!!

by TripAdvisor Member YardleyRealtor

Let me begin by saying that I'm a hotel snob. My "low-end" choice of hotels is the Westin but I prefer The Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc. when we travel. That said, my husband and I were looking for a last-minute getaway and we decided on the NH Royal Beach. We were not disappointed.

The rooms are spacious and beautiful. The grounds and pool were immaculate and the beach was one of the nicest I've ever seen. This was the most relaxing vacation that I can remember. There were always chairs available at the beach and at the pool. No getting up at the crack of dawn to save a spot. Also, there were numerous huts on the beach and at the pool so that you had your choice of sun or shade all day. Towels were plentiful and you didn't even have to sign for them. What a pleasure!!

The food was good...not fabulous...but certainly more than acceptable. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to please...they were just a little green. Hopefully this will get better over time. The drinks were great.

The evening entertainment next door at the NH Royal Arena was standard all-inclusive fare. But the outdoor setting more than made up for it. A great people-watching spot.

I've never been to a resort with such a diverse group of people...both in nationality and age. It really made for a very pleasant experience. I would highly recommend this resort.

Imagine Punta CanaImagine Punta Cana

JumpingMarielexoteria, Punta Cana,DominicaRepublicJumpingMarielexoteria, Punta Cana,DominicaRepublic

Punta Cana InternationalPunta Cana International

Pool fountinsPool fountins

East Coast Whale watching excursions?

by ukbill

I'm in Bavaro very soon and would really like to see whales. I came across a site called " The Real DR" who offer a whale watch excursion from Punta Cana and Bavaro.

Does anyone know anything about this company or the offered excursion please??
Some folk seem to say it's not practical to go whale watching from Punta Cana/Bavaro because of the distances. Is it possible??

Re: East Coast Whale watching excursions?

by jcfernandez

Hi !
I am in Bavaro as well I work and live here since 2003. I am also work in a Tour Operator, and actually I have guests wanting to go to Samana every year. There are two organized tours to go to Samana for whales watching, there is one which is by bus, which is about two hours driving from Bavaro area to Sabana de La Mar, and then from there will be a boat to go out off the bay and watch this amazing creatures, then will go to Cayo Levantado o Bacardi Island in the middle of the bay for lunch and drinks, after couple hours at this beach the boat will return to Sabana de La Mar where will be the bus waiting for you to return you back to your resort.

The second option would be by air this one bus will pick you up at your resort or wherever you are allocated and will drive to Punta Can airport after 45minutes or maybe less you will be in Samana airport "Arroyo Barril" as by air you will have more time to spend in Samana, the Tour includes a visit to "El Limon" waterfalls, then have lunch at a ranch, by boat go to see the whales and on the way back visit Cayo levantado island for drinks at the beach and later from there will go back to ariport to fly back to Punta cana and return to hotels, if could be useful for you I could e mail you an excursion program and the official prices just drop some lines at jcdirect@msn.com and will send you more details.
Kindest Regards,