Cabeza de Toro, Laguna Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 36% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Rctavel's Profile Photo

natura park

natura park (blue hotel chain) - good hotel and staff beside sunbeach hotel,close to caribbean market,5 resterants,etc......

Unique Quality: good staff and great people at hotel

Directions: punta cana dominican republic about 20 mins from airport

More about Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Is Natura Park For You?

Stayed at Natura Park 3/16 - 3/23. First of all, was almost scared off from this resort by some of the reviews. I read and reread them all and am THRILLED to say that this turned out be be my best vacation EVER. I traveled with a girlfriend, we are both 40ish. I will write some of our experiences.. Something we weren't told - there is a $10.00 per person fee to get into the country. You pay this at the airport when arriving. Checking in- no problem at all, fast and effiecient. The room was clean, and large, would have loved a view of the ocean, but certainly the garden views were acceptable and pretty. Carmen, our maid, was accomadating and helpful. We never waited for towels or hot water. Yes, we did bring her little gifts, but she would do special things like fan-fold back our sheets, giving the room an extra special touch. Food - different but good and plentiful. At every meal we could find something that we loved. The omelettes and pasta station were favorites, and it is a flan lovers dream. I didn't find service to be a problem. I slipped the waiter a dollar when he delivered our first round of drinks with our meals and found that our drinks would be filled without even asking. The beach and water were PERFECT. Seaweed was only a problem on one day, and that day was spent in the pool. We also saw Antonio for the horseback riding at sunset on the beach - $45 US per person, money well spent. BEAUTIFUL vistas, once in a lifetime experience. Have to admit, couldn't walk for 2 days afterwards, but a better excuse to just lounge by the ocean. The Dominicans - helpful, happy, polite, charming, hard-working people. We were always greeted with a smile and an hola. They were patient with our feeble attempt at Spanish and we shared info about our cultures. While there, the breakdown was about 50% French, 25% Spanish, 20% German, and 5% American. Seemed to be more Americans toward the end of the week. The French seemed a little distand and aloof - could be that is because weV - got many stations including CNN. Met some wonderful Americans there. Hola to Marilyn and Don, Tommy and Keith! All in all I think it takes a special kind of person to appreciate this resort. There is no white glove treatment, there is, however, a beauty and relaxfulness that you don't find at many resorts. I would go back in a heartbeat...and plan to! If anyone has any questions that I can help with, please feel free to drop me a line!

Natura Park

by geskya03

We swam with the dolphins. Great experience. First u go through the zoo with all different kinds of animals. There are shows u can stop and see also. There is a pizzeria in the center so u can stop for a bite to eat. There are a couple of shops to buy souveniors. We bought a bottle of rum with our picture on it. Swimming with the dolphins was so much fun. They take 3 pictures which u can purchase at the end. If u buy 6 (i think) u get a free slice of pizza. Anyway they first let u swim in the center while they swim around u. Then u go indivually let the dophins pull u to the top of the pool and they kiss u. Very recommended if u never did it before.

An experience to remember

My three friends and I went to Punta Cana for 8 days and just arrived back on May 30th. It was my first time in the Dominican Republic and quite frankly I think I expected too much of the island. I really liked the resort. The food was really good and the drinks were even better. I really enjoyed the nightly entertainment, however the "club" could use a new d.j. There were too many Europians and they catered to their music. The grounds were well kept and yes....the geese tried to attack us. I didn't enjoy the beach because it had to much sea weed and medium size fishes right on shore. I enjoyed the spa very much. I got a package deal for $105, this package would have cost over $300 in CT. The service was always great. I really felt bad for the locals especially the kids. They looked really poor even though so many tourist are going to Punta Cana. I hope that the government is able to use some of that money to build the economy. The locals only get paid $150 to $250 a month. I would recommend Natura Park to anyone.

Perfect Vacation

You cannot expect anything else for your money at Natura Park. The staff was ready and willing to help at anytime. You have to remember that a lot of the employees do not speak fluent english, so if they cannot understand you, they cannot help you. I would suggest learning a couple of phrases e.g., more towels please.

When we first went into our room, they have given us a king suite. We needed a family suite with two double beds. I called the front desk and someone was there within 10 minutes--we didn't even have to carry our bags.

The only down side is the food, but who goes on vacation for just the food. The beaches were beautiful, the pool was clean, and the grounds were unbelievable. The employees would come around and pick up any dirty dishes or glasses around the pool.

I would definately go here again. Much much much better than the Riu Resorts!! I went there two years ago and thought that I would never go to Punta Cana again, I am glad I changed my mind.

Great Beach, That's all

First time visitors to Dominican Republic. Went there with open mind looking for great beaches and lots of relaxation. Got that. Don't go expecting the craziness of Cancun. Architecture was interesting but it rained two days out of seven that we were there. The thatched roofs over the main bar leaked badly and there were buckets and puddles everywhere. The floors being tile were a real hazzard. My legs were bitten quite badly that I think came from the sleeping quarters although my wife had none. This was inspite of the fact that each night they sprayed heavily for bugs right at dinner time leaving a fowl taste in your mouth. Time share folks were relentless. NO means NO. We were accousted several times a day each day we were there and there was no escaping them as they hung around the main lobby all day long. The grounds were beautiful and manicured daily. Unfortunately the workers chose to use the bushes directly outside our room for their urinal each day. When we were there, the bathroom at the beach was closed and they had converted two hotel rooms into outhouse facilities. We made several trips to our room to avoid the lines. One day we took a $40 round trip taxi ride to the local shopping area and found that each store had the same items but were more than willing to bargain with you. One hour was more than enough. Finally the airport was a hoot. Only 4 gates and the facilities are open air and thatched roofs. Upon depature, I swear that everyone on the Island was leaving at the exact same time as there were not seats available. Our flight was delayed several hours as was everyone elses. Food was OK but boring after several days. Fish was a disappointment. With so many other tropical paradises to try, we will not be returning to Natura Park in the near future.

Don't Know how some complain!

My wife and I just returned from Punta Cana and our stay at the Natura Park Resort. We arrived back at JFK on April 26th. By far, this was one of our best vacations! The staff at Natura pPark were exceptional to say the least. Our room was ready immediately upon arrival at the property. The ride to the property was a quick 20 minutes. There wasn't much to see along the way however, you got a small taste of what life is really like for those less fortunate than many.We had a king bed in a very large room with sattelite TV. Plenty of American television if you had a rainy day. I am a chef currently in my second year at the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY. and trust me, I am the worlds worst food critic. I have to say, I was impressed!Not only was the food exceptional, it was plentiful as well! We spent 8 days and not once did I get bored with any of the the buffets or individual resturants. The pasta stations were my favorite! The steak at Cafe Media Luna was melt in your mouth good! The staff were incredibly attentive and worthy of great tips!The booze was there for the taking! Trust me, if you tipped a buck or two, you got what you wanted when you wanted it without hassle or wait. The beaches are killer! My wife and I must have spent 8 hours each day lounging, drinking, and walking the beach. We snorkeled, kyacked, ate, drank, laughed at some of the sites, relaxed and enjoyed this not so far away peace of paradise!Roughly 10% of the woman on the beach are topless and way to many of the old chubby farts are wearing speedos. The boobs are ok, but the speedos got to go! If your desire is to take a short flight for a little bit of money and relax until the cows come home, well, pack your bags and jet to Punta Cana. The beds are a bit hard, I might look for an air matress for future visits but i will definetlely be back!! Everything else was perfect!

Perfect vacation

by TripAdvisor Member lily511

We visited Natura Park from March 15-22, 2003 with four teenagers ages 14-20, and we loved it! The hotel is beautiful, pink stone and tile, with large clean rooms with balconies. The furnishings are made of natural, local materials. Our rooms overlooked the gardens and lagoons. We liked being toward the central courtyard rather than near the beach, because we enjoyed the short stroll through the lush gardens to get to the beach every day. The grounds have pathways winding around ponds and lagoons, with flamingoes and egrets. The grounds were very well maintained; people were working constantly to trim and water the foliage. We spent most of our time at the beach, swimming and snorkeling. We could always find chairs together, and moved them from sun to shade as our mood or the temperature merited. The weather was perfect. I'd swim out in the turquoise water, turn to look at the white sand and palm trees, and remind myself that I was really there! We visited the flea markets near the other hotels, but usually walked in the other direction - there is empty beach and forested land for miles! We used the sea kayaks and snorkeling equipment provided by the resort, and took full advantage of the variety of food venues. I had pinas coladas from the beach restaurant, the main bar, the other main bar, and the in-the-pool-under-the-waterfall bar. We all spent time in the beautiful, huge pool that wraps around palm trees. It has shallow, kiddy areas and a jacuzzi section. And a swim-up bar serving drinks for all tastes and ages. We found plenty of food to suit us, with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Even the fussiest eaters were happy. I had pineapple at every meal for a week, and the mangoes were amazing. We liked the European feel of the place, and the fact that we heard mostly languages other than English. All the staff were very friendly, and we did not tip until our departure. We took the outback safari trip, because we wanted to get off the resort and see the countryside. It was a lot of driving, but , and the beach we visited was stunning. The guides were very entertaining. Altogether, it was the most deeeply relaxing time in the most beautiful place, and I highly recommend it.

Extremely Nice Grounds

Since i saw some of the reviews of this place i had second thoughts about my up vacation coming up. However i am pleased to say that the hotel gardens and grounds were extremely beutiful. I loved all the flamingoes and geese and wildlife on the resort. The geese seem to attack you and bite you for your food. My family found it quite comical and laughed at the fact of those damn man-eaters that would hang out and bite the people walking by. Ive been down to the carribean as well as Mexico and I thought that the hotel as a whole was well kept and alot of fun. The food is great. Im a picky eater and I still thought the food was better then all the other resorts that ive stayed at. I do have to say the drinks could have been better. THEY dont even put a banana in a banana mama. They seem to have a different method of doing things. The pina coladas were pretty good and your beer and mixes are the same were ever you go. The beach was really great. There are no waves so if you are a surfer and wave rider dont plan this area to ride waves. The waves break out on the reef way out in front of the hotel. The snorkeling could not have been any better. I mean right by the shore there isn't much corel but if you take a boat out for like $10 dollars/person you go to the coral reef and that is absolutely incredable. Bring in a piece of bread and you will have thousands of fish swarming around you of all different colors. The water is as clear aqua blue as can be. People some what complain about the seawead that washes ashore but it is cleaned up every early morning. If you want all you have to do is walk down the beach for like 2 minutes to the nature park and that is nothing but white sand and few if any weeds. Over all i would definatly recommend the resort to people. The service is great these people would bend over backwards for you more then other caribean peoples. The food is great. The water is great. The resort is great.

Think before you book

I have been to Punta Cana before and loved it, but this resort made me rethink my plans here again. I was very disappointed in the service and not once did we sit down to a clean table at the buffet. Getting service at the bar was like waiting at the doctor's office. It took forever. Even though it was practically empty. Even if you tipped the service was not any better. Our floor in our room was dirty and we asked for it to be cleaned. The maid handed us a broom. So much for the tip she took the day before so readily. Not to mention the mouse droppings on the bed linens. If you really want to see Punta Cana and it's beautiful beaches, choose a resort that is worth it.

Wondering about bars/clubs or nightlife in Punta Cana?

by Guentherss

Me and two College buddies are Traveling to Punta Cana march 12, 2004 for 7 days and are wondering what are some fun bars or clubs to hangout in at night. We are in our 20's and also looking for some outgoing people to hangout with. I was also wondering whether anyone has stayed at Natura Park Resort or if anyone has heard anything about it? Any information would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments