Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort

Playa Arena Gorda, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Ocean Blue & Sand
amextravel.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• You get what you pay for...Cheap!

The hotel grounds are beautiful, manicured landscape, gigantic pools and nice rooms.
    But the service is poor, the food is horrible and during the weekend the pools and the disco club are invaded by locals who get drunk and start fights.
    The so-called gourmet restaurants serves horrible, unedible food, and they treat you realy bad.
    The only nice treatment we received was at the buffet, servers there go above and beyond in trying to please everybody.
    We visited the italian restaurant, the dominican, the mexican and the steak house and in none of them any one in our group of ten could find a decent meal.
    Other than that if you go for fun, beach and watery drinks this is the place to go.
    I read this mix of good and bad reviews and I thought people was being picky about the restaurants, is very hard to belive they can be so bad, but belive me THEY ARE.

• My Week In Hell

Review

In no particular order these are the problems I had with the resort. Now I never do this, but to me I think I need to warn the masses of a rip off. We even wrote a formal complaint form with all the issues we encountered (Front and back) on the second day, and still nothing changed. After we talked to the big boss of guest services Rafael Mendez, not much changed. Although he tried, to address some of our concerns his staff failed to follow through.

The Terrible Issues of My Stay at Ocean Blue and Sand:

- This resort is by no means handicap accessible. Even though they tell you that they have 24 hour shuttle service, they don’t. The train or trolley circles around every 20 - 30 minutes, except at night when you have had a few drinks and have to walk 2 miles back to your room. They said that we could call 222 and get one of the premium carts to bring us, but that never happened. Unless you are a premium guest or as they call it "Privileged" guest, you are second rate.

-Terrible service at the restaurants, specifically the Italian restaurant. So for some reason there is no way to make reservations ahead of time unless it’s for the steak house or seafood (the one with the RCI Voucher) So you go, wait 20 minutes to be put on a wait list, wait the prescribed time for your party, then go back and wait another 40 minutes for the staff to address the fact that you are there. They did, however, seem very busy, taking shots with the customers ate up most of their time. So yeah not sure if they know the American model of a hostess and wait staff but again under staffed and everyone is running like crazy, paying no attention to customers. Its as if they don’t want money, or the tip…

-When were checked in by Carla, Very Sweet and pretty girl but neglected to mention key information and provide the basics to us, such as towel cards, and dinner reservation information.

-Every day the room had a power outage, meh no big deal, but the house keeping staff could not even give us the courtesy of setting the clock in the room when they came, however, they never neglected to take their tip.

-There is a rumor that a flyer with the next days activities would be brought to your room, never happened.

-So the resort does not have voice mail service for the room, not really a big deal, but they do have a flashing light that tells you you missed a call, from someone... Thats it...

-So not sure about the other rooms but our room had a huge gap in the door that allowed multiple insects into our room. This is apparently such a huge problem at the resort that they have scheduled pest control maintenance on the rooms. We stuffed towels under the crack in our door to insure that we were not sleeping with any creepy crawlies during the night.

-So there are 2 giant pools on the property. Said giant pools have huge swim up bars in. Said bars have tons of people around them have a good time in the sun getting drunk. Nowhere within eyesight or within a mile is there a restroom (bathroom, or water closet, toilet) everyone drinking in the pool for hours is urinating right there. You are basically swimming in other people’s filth. Seems like a design flaw to me.

-The “entertainment crew” is rude, crude and a bunch of drunks. On more than one occasion the one they call “Willie Wonka” comes up to me and asks what I am drinking, I tell him, he takes my cup and downs the drink. After that I had to start double fisting (carrying 2 drinks at once) so I can have one for me and have one taken from me without permission by the “entertainment crew”.

-The resort lets in local merchants onto the property to hawk their cheap nick knacks and seiners on guests. Now if they kept them in one area, and you had to go there, like a market of some sort I think that would be better, but they are just everywhere. They harass you on the way to your room, on the way to the main lobby, and on the way to dinner. They are everywhere the guests are in high traffic. And once you buy something from one, like vultures they jump all over you so you buy their cheap crap. No thank you is not understood, you literally need to scream for them to back off. This sets a great mood for the evening.

-The resort has sharks. They are on 2 legs. I am referring to the constant harassment from the resort employees that try to get you to go on a 2 hour tour so you buy into their crappy resort. After saying no 3 times in person to Paul, or sexy Paul as he calls himself, I was met with a door tag that said Paul will be at my room at 9:00am to pick me up for my tour. Needless to say by this point in the game I let him know that on my vacation, when I am a customer, no one tells me where I am going to be, I tell them when I will meet them if I feel like it.

- One of the biggest problems for my wife besides the lack of attention and terrible service was the fact a well developed 13 year old girl was allowed to drink throughout the resort. She was allowed into the Wave "disco", or club as we call them in America, and proceeded to order drinks, even after we notified the security guards that she was underage and needed to be removed. They did nothing. She then engaged herself in sexual acts with the entertainment/activities staff. My wife was completely mortified that a resort that prides itself on creating a fun family atmosphere would allow a child to act in this manner and do nothing to protect her innocence regardless of her mothers inept parenting skills.

-So if my experience seems like a good time, then by all means, go, give these people your hard earned cash. For my buck, I will stay right here and get terrible service at home, no need to travel half a continent away.

Unique Quality: -Terrible service
    -Harassing employees want to sell you a crap stay
    -Rude and abusive employees
    -Pest problem in the room

• friendly1's Profile Photo

Beach resort

Very friendly staff, clean beach area. Food ok. this location is more for couples and familys with small children. Not a party spot. The staff tried to present a show each night, but not worth staying up for. But nothing but sun and it was fun for a quiet laid back week.

Unique Quality: The Staff is the best part of this organization, everyone tried to be helpful and friendly.

• Hosptiality at it's best!

My sister, two friends and myself stayed at the Ocean blue and sand June 29-July 6, 2009. After reading all of negative inquiries I was very skeptical of the resort. Boy I was surprised when I arrived. The hospitality was wonderful. The resort is immaculate. The staff clean all day and night. The ocean blue drink they serve you when you arrive is delicious. They make your stay extremely comfortable. Our room was cleaned everyday. Our clothes were even folded. The pools were great. Although a small complaint, the children thought the hot tub was a small pool. They were getting pretty wild and splashing about w/o adult supervision. The food is great especially the Italian resturant. The outsiders selling items inside get a little pushy but over all I had a great stay in Punta Cana.

Unique Quality: The variety of resturants is great. The beach is lovely and well kept.

• "elite club" equals bad stay

My husband and I booked our travel through Apple Vacations. Our 20th wedding anniv. Feb. 2008. We have been to Punta Cana before and stayed at the Riu. This time we decided to take the "Apple square deal" and pay a set amount and they choose the resort you are sent to. You are sent to a 5 apple resort for the price of a 4. We ended up a the Ocean Blue. We arrived at 1pm and were told we were in the elite club, (extra stuff and special rooms near the beach with early checkin). We were told that our room was not ready yet and that we could go eat lunch and check back. We walked the resort and ate lunch. 2:30pm Returned to desk to find that our room still was not ready. We got into our room at alittle before 6pm. The air didn't work, the shower leaked bad and the drawers on the dresser were stuck open, the glass in the large sliding glass door was loose and rattled everytime the wind blew. We had people in and out of our room for about 2 hrs. trying to fix the air. They couldn't fix it and there where no windows to open. We had a bottom floor room and you didn't feel safe leaving the door open because our rooms patio was right next to the service entrance to the resort. The next day it got very hot and humid in the room and again there were people in and out trying to fix the air. We asked many times to be moved. This went on for 3 days. Finely I went to the front desk and demanded to be moved very loudly. By this point my husband and I were both sick from the humid moldy damp air in the room. My husband had to go to the doctor and then the emergency room (thats a whole other story!!) They moved us......to a room where the air worked....to well! It was so cold in this new room that you could have used it to hang meat in. No joke! But at least it was up one level and we could leave the door open. I talked to other people there and they were having many of the same problems. The food was fair at the buffet but you were harrassed by timeshare people everytime you came in and left the buffet building. The restaurants that you have to sign up for were better. They have a coffee house (like starbucks but better) great lattes but it doesn't open until 10am. The beach area in front of this resort is dirty and they don't have enough chairs. Lot and lots of cig butts in the sand. If this is a 5 star we are going back down to a 4 star and the Riu.

Unique Quality: The grounds are very beautiful and the pool area is great.

Directions: its a 20 min walk to the Riu

• wilocrek's Profile Photo

Perfect for the Price!

This is a perfect place to stay when your on a budget but not wanting to feel like your on a budget. I booked my stay through www.skyauction.com and paid about a $110 a night, others have booked a total package including airfare through www.applevacations.com and saved big as well. The resort itself is pristine, the rooms are basic but clean and the grounds are beautiful. From the open air reception area that serves tropical drinks while you wait to check in to the daily and nightly activities that help to pass the time, as though the beach wasn't enough, the Ocean Bavaro will meet your expectations. The beach was meticulous kept and the sand was tilled every night to give it the classic sandbox feel! Beach recliners were provided and well kept and the drinks flowed freely, though a bit watered down. The three main swimming pools were decent but nothing to write home about, but again you come for the beach. The food was incredible, it was different everyday and the spread was not food you will see in the states. The resort has about five different specialty restaurants to choose from though they do require reservations. The food is excellent and well presented. Keep in mind though when I say the food is excellent, I mean its excellent for the price. Don't expect a five star restaurant, but its good enough. The facilities at the resort are average, I didn't use the spa but it looked about average, the weight room was fine and they had a internet kisok. The staff was very helpful and the service was decent. The rooms are basic and you can forget about hot water, but again its aobut the beach. By the way flash a $50 bill at the desk clerk when you check in and inquire on the possibility of a room upgrade. It works like a charm!

• Rctavel's Profile Photo

Ocean blue hotel

wonderful brand new all inclusive 5 star hotel resort

Unique Quality: casino,bowling alley,over 7 resterants,8+ bars,1discotech,internet room,2 huge pools,nice beach, beside LTI hotel resort

Directions: beside LTI hotel resort

• Gloke's Profile Photo

terrible holiday

We stayed in this hotel in June 2005 for 10-days. We booked it last minute at a travel agency and when I got home I looked up reviews and had regrets booking it. While I wanted to rebook to another hotel my bf said we'd just check it out, couldn't be that bad.

Summary :
    1) Rooms : standard rooms were terrible, we went back to the reception immediatly after checking our room out. We asked to change rooms which was no problem but took some time to arrange (we had had a 10 hour flight and just wanted to shower and freshen up).
    Second room they send us to didn't open with a card but with a key but they had given us a card. Cleaning lady let us in so we could freshen up, we did and then went back to the reception to ask for the key instead of the card... They'd lost the key... problem?.... no no problem, we give u another room!
    Hello??? Our luggage is in the second room which is locked now,how do we get that out???
    Anyway my bf had to get very angry and about an hour later (still waiting at the reception) someone had found the cleaninglady and we got her key....

2)Service : in one word terrible !!! I read different reviews on that, think that the people who did think they were friendly didn't have any problems then but we started out bad with our room!
    Also the language barrier, if you don't speak a word of Spanish but just English, German or Dutch, they aren't that keen on helping, also there were a lot of Spanish speaking tourists there and I felt they were helped easier then the other tourists.
    The staff in the main restaurant wasn't friendly either (or organised for that matter).
    Overall I thought the place was badly organised and managed, too much staff working too slow!

We went to the dominican republic last year too and stayed in a RIU hotel (Riu Taino), which I can recommend everyone. You are sure that the hotel is ok and the staff would do everything to make your stay a pleasure.
    Unfortunatly it was fully booked this year.

Unique Quality: Pool : both were nice and cleaned daily, no bad comments on that. Only thing that bothered me was that there were people smoking in the pool which I thought wasn't appropriate.

Food : breakfast = good. The rest got a bit boring after a few days. That's why we usually booked a restaurant. I can recommend the Italian place, cute waiter too :-) The 24h pizza place was always sold out of pizza, don't know if that only happened when we wanted pizza but after a few days we just gave up trying.

Unfortunatly it was fully booked this year.

Lesson we learned?
    Next year for sure another Riu hotel, will not visit or recommand this hotel because of its rooms and bad service!

• Domenic's Profile Photo

ANYWHERE BUT HERE

this is a new resort ,and we will let you know how it is. we are used to staying in iberostar resorts and we like them best.

WELL THE ENTIRE VACATION WAS A BUST! COUNTED THE DAYS UNTIL WE WERE LEAVING. IT WAS A PLEASURE TO RETURN HOME AND GO BACK TO WORK. THE RESORT, THE SERVICE, THE FOOD, WAS LITTLE TO BE DESIRED. SO THIS GOES UP AS A "BEEN THERE , DONE THAT" TYPE OF VACATION. NOT HAPPY. AND WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO OCEAN BLUE.

Unique Quality: IN MY OPININON, THERE ARE NO "UNIQUE" QUALITIES OF ANY SORT.

• CatInEurope's Profile Photo

The Key is in the "spa"!

This Resort is truly stunning.
    The Lobby is gorgeous and always began our evening with drinks at the lobby bar.
    The ground are immaculate - there are always employees cleaning it up and flamigos roam the ground freely.
    There are 5 restaurants! The party staff is full of energy and everone we met was lovely.

Unique Quality: The room we stayed in was perfect. The Block was designed so that each balcony had a veiw of the ocean.

Directions: Bavaro Beach

More about Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort

A Great Place...great experience

by TripAdvisor Member jillycMaryland

My husband and I returned yesterday from our 8 day stay at the Ocean Blue/Ocean Sands hotel Punta Cana. First, let me say that my husband is well traveled and I am moderately well traveled. This was my third trip to Punta Cana and my husband's second in less than one year. Ok....here goes...
STAFF- The staff here was way better than the staff at our previous hotel (The Grand Paradise Bavaro.) I found them smiling, caring, attentive and neat in appearance. I felt they went out of their way to help in any way and this included servers, maids, bar, cooks and grounds keepers! Never did I hear the phrase "It is not possible" as seemed to be the mantra or theme of the Grand Paradise. Ocean Blue/Sands Staff gets a A+. Checking in was a breeze and we were wisked away to our room quickly...not like at the grand paradise where we had to wait and wait and then fight about which room we paid for. The animation team was great and provided good fitness and fun activities for everyone. They flowed with the "mood of the crowd". Go see a show as we only saw one and thought it was well done and energy and the costumes! I was told the show we saw was not even their best show! WOW! The FOOD-was good! My husband is extremely picky and I am cautious of foreign food but we were delighted with the food here. The Chinese food is the best I have ever had at the buffet. We went to the Mexican and Italian and were really happy with those resturaunts. My husband remarked at how much he enjoyed his food. At the Grand Paradise last year I lost 16 pounds because I couldn't eat the food. The GROUNDS and POOL are Beautiful! Very Clean and nice...every room has a jacuzzi tub and we loved that tub to the point we are putting one in our home now! The SPA Metamorphisis-is breathtaking as a facility. I found the massage to be lacking and pricey for the service. I did have a massage at the beach and it was better, but my therapist talked to the other therapist the whole time, not that professional or relaxing. I did visit the spa at the hotel next door, LTI, and had a much better experience with better prices and service. It was also a Metamorphasis Spa as well. Ocean Blue Spa B-. The Beach- was great and on one of the best sections of beach and clean. The Cabanas are really nice, but you better get up earlier if you want a cabana. They could have a few more chairs it seemed. The sand is beautiful and the water very nice. Beach A. We saw quite a few families there with children and the children seemed happy and content. They were many couples and groups also and this resort seemed to cater to everyone. THE BAD...my husband got food poisoning our last day (he had it our last day at the other hotel as well) he is going to the doctor today. I am just fine, no problems. I blame the lobster he had from the buffet. I didn't hear of anyone sick to the extent he was at the Ocean Blue like I did at the hotel Grand Paradise. (At the Grand Paradise, it seemed every fourth person was sick with food poisoning, really sick.) But until the last day, were were happy with our drinks and food. The time share people were not as agressive as the ones from the other hotels. We did agree to listen to the program and I was promised a massage in exchange for our time. Up front I explained that I would listen for 30 minutes and asked if I still got the massage. I was told yes.(I think the time share deal is over an hour and I just wanted quotes and time.) (We were interested since this place is so beautiful and clean.) At the end of 35 minutes, I was given all the info we needed to make a decision and I told the rep. that we would talk about it in private. I asked for my massage voucher and was denied because we didn't stay for the hour. This turned into a huge argument between me and the ROYAL staff (time share company). I explained that it wasn't about the massage, but the integrity of the company. I never did get my massage and they lost a potential customer. I heard one lady say that they took her friends on a tour "of the grounds" and kept them for 6 hours and pestered them the whole time and the man finially got really mad and they brought them back. I heard other people say the same thing. Be weary. All in all, this is a great place! Noelle in guest services is kind and attentive and caring and helpful. I love their staff (minus the time share cronies) and will return. Good Luck! God Bless!

Great Resort

by TripAdvisor Member hotpeenk

My bf and I was at Ocean Blue/Sand the week of Feb.2-9. When we landed, there was quite a huge lineup at the airport to go through customs. Eventually we got through, got our luggage and found our bus. I found that the guys at the airport who grab your luggage for you aren't as aggressive as the ones in Cancun. Just a clear 'No thank you' or 'I've got it' works.

The bus ride was crazy! I've never experienced anything like it before, most roads have no lines and it's a first come first serve kinda deal. Pretty scary but pretty fun.

Check-in was fast, we all got a cold towel. But no welcome drink like I seen some people got the days after us.

Rooms- Very spacious but could be cleaner, the bathroom was the best part. Double sinks, marble, jacuzzi tub. Mini fridge restocked daily. We stayed in Villa 2 (top floor), the 2nd worst villa (next to villa 1) in my opinion. haha but we didn't mind because it was right in front of the main buffet and near all the restaurants/lobby/casino. Villas 6 & 10 are right by the beach. The worst thing was the half shower door. The bath was only covered half way, I don't know why in the world they would do this but water kept getting all over the bathroom floor. Halfway through our stay there was a leak right outside our bathroom door. We called front desk and they had someone come take a look/fix it within 10minutes. we always had hot water and the tv stations they had were not too bad. there were a few english stations like TBS.

Beach & Grounds- Beautiful. Gorgeous. White soft sand, clear water, very clean. One of the best beaches on that strip of hotels. The pools were awesome, very big and spacious. Never full, we always pretty much had the pool to ourselves. The first few days we had no trouble getting lounges at the beach or pool, but as it got busier (i'd say the hotel was 85% full when we were there) it was harder to get chairs/lounges. they also had parrots and little monkeys around the grounds for you to take pictures with. i got some great shots with the little monkeys. (the pictures are $8 each and you do not have to purchase them if you do not like how they turned out) It's a big resort, but they have shuttle/trains that drive around and you can hop on if you don't feel like walkling but we never took those.

Food- Buffet is the best. Great food, especially breakfast and lunch. Sometimes it was hard to find a clean table though, but usually the staff was pretty good. Always filling up our coffee/water. We tried the Dominican and Mexican a la carte restaurants as well. (no reservations needed) The Dominican is pretty good, portions small though. The staff was excellent and the food came out really fast. The Mexican was not so good. Very lively atmosphere though. The food was horrible. Overtime Sports Bar is open until 5am w/ drinks and snacks like hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. all served with fries. Food was not good but can't complain, it's the only place open late night. We had lunch at the beach restaurant one day and it was Ok, nothing great. Service was horrible there though. We also had the lobster ($35 USD per person) dinner on the beach twice. 1st time it was really really good, very tasty and yummy. The service was awesome. 2nd time it was horrible! the lobster was huge, too big and very dry with no taste. the 2nd time we went had reservations at 6:30pm and it was around sunset and there were soooo many mosquitoes. I got bit a few times. It was horrible. We didn't even finish our dinner because it was so dry and hard to take out of the shell. The best thing ever is Mike's Cafe. The Frappucino is to die for!!! Especially if it's made by the girl who always puts chocolate swirls in your cup. The coconut cake is delicious as well, my bf and I went there everyday at least once. Seriously, it's that good. My bf got food poisoning from the buffet on the 4th day (from the mussel we believe) He threw up non stop for one day.

Casino- Fun fun! Went there almost every night, it was nicely air conditioned in there and the staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful, always smiling, especially the cutie slot guy in red. look for him!
We won quite alot in slots and roulette.

Disco- we checked it out one night. it's a small (but big enough) very stylishly decorated place. (swinging chairs, all white, etc) the entertainment staff dances there at night after their shows and they are very good dancers! we just watched them dance the whole time. very friendly and very hardworkers. the music was mostly spanish & r&b, very good.

Staff- i found very friendly and polite at Ocean Blue. (compared to mexico) they really do not speak any english at all, honestly. I read that on some reviews before I went but I never realized how bad it was until I was there. They do their job well though, and next time I go, I will definately learn some Spanish phrases.
Major tip for everyone before you go- bring lots of US $1 bills!!! it's soooo hard to get change there, even at the hotel's convenience store. i bought a pack of gum hoping to get some change and he hardly had change for a $5 or $10 bill. It's so unbelievably hard to get change there, your best bet is the casino.

Day Tours- the only one we did was Manati Park where I swam with dolphins. $75 to swim with dolphins & that includes admission into the park. My bf who did not swim w/ dolphins paid $25 for admission to the park. It was not worth it at all! the park has major potential but it was very disorganized and uncared i noticed. some animals they advertised on brochures, etc was not there. (the sharks) we got lost so many times in that park, not much staff around to help. iguanas running around everywhere, it was quite scary. the park needs alot of maintenance. 'swimming with dolphins' consisted of jumping in the pool in a group, petting the 3 dolphins, play around for a few minutes. then you all line up at the back wall and take turns taking pictures with the dolphins. you get 3 shots, one of a dolphin kissing you, one of them pulling you with their fins across the pool, and then one shot of you and 2 dolphins at each of your side. all that in about 10minutes. it was so not worth it, but i got some great shots out of it! haha i also got the guy to videotape the whole me 'swimming with dolphins' for $25 USD. Some friends we met did the 'Bavaro Runners' and they loved it! they told us all about it and we regret not doing that one.

Overall we had a great time. Punta Cana is very beautiful but deserted. We seen so many new buildings being built though, it is growing so fast I'm afraid it's going to be very Americanized soon. I would love to go back again soon before it becomes Americanized (like Mexico) The ppl are wonderful, they are so grateful that you've chosen their country to visit/vacation in. Ocean Blue/Sand is a gorgeous resort, still pretty new, lots of food to choose from and the beach is one of the best beaches I've ever seen!

I have many more pictures in an album, please feel free to email me with any questions or to see more pictures. Karen & Ken, Irvin & family, if you see this, please email me!

Five star facilities, Three star dining

by TripAdvisor Member rcosca

This was one of the nicer resorts (physically) that we've stayed at, but unfortunately the food was not good, and the service was so so. We only stayed for 3 nights, but the best food we had was at the buffet on the last night (we decided we'd rather get our bad food quickly instead of waiting for it.) We ate at the Mexican restaurant, where the food was average and the service was average. We ate at the Dominican restaurant, where the food was a little better, but the service was atrocious. Lunch was to be had at either buffet, the buffet by the beach was pretty bad, the buffet in the middle of the resort was much better, but nothing to write home about. The drinks were good, and the service at the bars was good, but the cups were quite small (I hate AI's that do that.) The disco was actually one of the better (i.e. actually fun) hotel discos we've seen, and the sports bar was okay at night, and the coffee shop was great (although not open in the AM?!?) A lot of the staff do not speak any English, which I heard some people complaining about (it doesn't bother me, but if you want a resort where everyone speaks English, this may not be the place.) Oh lastly, it is windy in January!!! Not quite as warm as we would have hoped for (due to wind chill). Basically, we got a great deal on our trip, and I feel we got our money's worth, but I would have felt ripped off if I paid top dollar. This is a five star resort with three star food and food service.

Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana

by changeinlatitude

I have read mixed reviews on this resort. Has anyone out there been there lately?

Thanks.

by marielexoteria

I haven't been there but there's reviews of it on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147293-d584407-Reviews-Ocean_Blue_Golf_Beach_Resort-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html and Debbie's Dominican Travel: http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/oceansand.html.

Hope it helps.

by marielexoteria

Punta Cana was created for the rich people of the country and for mass tourism, that it's true.

There are other areas if you still wanna have your vacation in DR.

by Odinnthor

I hate to admit it, but the responders above are both dorrect, - very little thought went into this developement. There are other places in DR where time is better spent. Like they said I would research places in the DR further before booking. However, i will say this. If you don't care to see the local interest at all, and are looking for faceless luxury, it is there. It just feels like a facade. As a five star tour director, I have seen a lot of luxurious places, and the key is to tell which ones have heart, and which ones do not. This one does not. Again I will emphasize that the DR can certainly be an enjoyable place to spend time.

by Odinnthor

BTW, - I am talking about the area, - not that specific hotel.

by changeinlatitude

Thanks for your input. I do know that the area is not so great. I did not choose the location, however, it is a company trip and we have no choice. Thanks again and take care.

Comments