Ocean Sand Golf & Beach Resort

Ocean Blue & Sand
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• biggest bang 4 the buck

this was my husbands and my 5th trip to the dominican , 1 at bavaro princess , 1 in p.plata , and 3 at ocean blue.... my god it only gets better , the dining has been fabulous everytime , only better, each time.we will proudly recommend this resort to anyone . if u have a problem , really thats on you. now i do recommend the privilege club to anyone .... biggest bang 4 the buck . a couple of bucks , gets u room service,premium drinks .... and bottles delivered straight to ur room. four of us went , there was no way that any resort would have turned a profit on us........great times

Unique Quality: the pools were very clear, cleaned daily , and throughout the day , bars are sanitized completeley , as i was an eye witness to this (building 10)omg , staring very early and all day long.we had a fantastic view of the pool closest to the beach ,my good brother henry showed us the honeymoon suite , which we might consider booking in a couple of months, we are not honeymooners , who cares ???????

Directions: easy from airport

More about Ocean Sand Golf & Beach Resort

Ocean Blue- 3 couples...one week!

Just got back from Ocean Sands on the 12th...

I've been reading trip advisor for 3 mths before my trip and some of the reviews were wrong and some were right on the money!

I'll break it down to sections. After travelling the last 6 yrs to the caribean it was a nice trip

BEACHES- Gorgeous nothing nicer yet!
POOLS - Absolutely wonderful and huge! great swim up bars
ROOMS -very nice no musty smells at all and no bugs!
SERVICE- very slow but they are really nice and the resort is so big and so new they're working out the little details. but all and all they do their best at the front desk and guest services to make you a happy camper..
BARS- Lobby Bar great fun tip the bartender and the service becomes alot faster for you..it's a 3rd world country you do the math.
A LA Cartes -ONE WORD -BUFFET the buffets were great! awesome donuts/omlettes and pancakes...
DOmincan - we 50/50 on this one
Mexican- good
ROunte 66 -ok
Sports Bar- great we had a great super bowl party there on the sunday
MIke's cafe- really nice - great hot chocolate
Italian was our favorite
Beach resaurant awsome!

All and all you got what you paid for but if I could stay there for free again I would but next time I'd try another resort...
IF your expecting a 5***** Mayan Riveria don't you will be disappointed but .....
We all had a great time had a few too many and no one got sick other then the normal..skoots..lol
If you go have fun and stick to the Buffet and enjoy the beautiful views and do the Caribean festival swim with the sharks..great time! I recommend this for adults as there is nothing really for kids to do one disco, that's all but we were all so pooped by midnight it didn't matter. SOOOOO I hope I helped

Have fun from the 6 of us in WAterloo, Ontario, 2 thumbs up ..Canada.P.s anythings better then the igoo's here right?lol

all inclusive

by coolswizzle about ocean blue

above average than other all inclusive resorts in the area the resort is new so the facilities are not showing any wear and tear yet. beach front property with two huge swimming pools with a swim up bar each. and did i say all inclusive? so folks eat all you want and drink all you want!!!!

try different restaurants each day

by coolswizzle about ocean blue resort restaurants

the good thing with all inclusive resorts is that you have access to all of their restaurants and facilities without opening your wallet everytime.

try the bufet restaurant for breakfast, beach grill for lunch, we alternated between the beach bar and the pool bar within the day and tried the dominican, mexican and italian restaurants for dinner and mike`s coffee shop for desert and coffee all the seafood i can put my hands on .........capped by coffee and dessert. yummy!

Beautiful, Clean, Friendly and Fun, Fun, Fun

Stayed at Ocean Blue for a long weekend (Friday - Monday)with two other couples and had a wonderful time. We've been to the Bahamas and Aruba, and we can honestly say that the staff at Ocean Blue are by far the friendliest and happiest. They go out of their way to be friendly. Ask for Duke at the Lobby......he took great care of us! Our room was very nice (Villa 6) right by the beach and pool. No musty smell and no bugs in this room..BEAUTIFUL.
As all other reviews we found the grounds to be awesome. Ocean Blue was also the cleanest resort we've ever been to. All day long you see maids and workers cleaning, polishing, buffing.
We made sure we tipped our maid and bar tenders and we had great service.
Made a reservation one night for the seafood dinner and wouldn't recommend it if your used to eating Maine Lobster. It was lobster, but not what we're used to eating. The dinner cost $35 pp not worth the money. The buffet was o.k., it's buffet! Had fund at the Sports Bar and Disco.
For those traveling through Apple Vacations, there is very nice Apple Rep.(Luis) who actually lives right at the resort. He has a desk set up in the lobby of Villa 5 and you can make all of your reservatons through him. I also suggest you take the hour and go to orientation the day you arrive. It is very informative.
We did take a day and go on the speed boat/snorkling trip. It was a great time and definately recommended.
For anyone traveling to Punta Cana, we would definately recommend Ocean Blue because if we ever go back, we will definately stay there again.

The Best Deal Ever

by TripAdvisor Member weekendwarriors1

We stayed at the Punta Cana Ocean Blue Resort from February 6 - February 12, and have only awesome things to say about it. For the money that we paid, we felt like we got a great deal. Unlimited food, service, drinks, entertainment and relaxation is the overall theme. The resort is really nice, as are the pools and the beach. I took a snorkeling trip down the strip of hotels and I think that the Ocean Blue's beach was the nicest and most spacious out of them all. The waitstaff were very, very good. Everything in our room was perfect. We liked the food - not like Chicago food - but what can you expect in a third world country at the price that you are paying? I think that people expect way too much out of this hotel. I have read many previous ratings about this hotel and cannot believe how picky and unreasonable some people are. If you expect to be waited on hand and foot, and everything to be perfect, get a reality check. You need to rethink your vacation options. This place is for familites and couples, who can afford a nice vacation and can be ensured a great time. The crowd was mostly Canadian and European, with few Americans, which made for an interesting group of people to meet. I recommend seeing the shows at 10 PM and doing to horseback riding and snorkeling. The facial at the spa was good as well. The best drink was the Rum Punch. Awesome. The best restaurant was the beach front one called Bucanero, but it costed $70.00 extra for 2 people. The bowling alley was really, really nice. The night club was pretty good one night we went, but we were tired of hearing the Meringue and Salsa music and wanted to hear more disco, trance, etc. Just want to say hello also to 2 couples that we met - Tony and Charlene and Jill and Kyle. Thanks for making our trip more fun.

Loved the hotel/food/people

by TripAdvisor Member sofisyl

I stayed at the hotel with my entire family in June 2005. When we got to the hotel, it was absolutely beautiful. We're from Florida so the carribean is the place for us. There were a total of 36 of us in our group. Not one person complained about anything. The staff is great and courteous but a typical island "no problem" slow. The hotel was relatively new so things were still being worked out. None of us got sick but I think that is because we've stayed in Punta Cana so many times that we know the drill on what to eat and not eat. The buffet was great...I have a 2yr old and she ate everything COOKED and had a blast. The pool is incredible, the beach is unbelievably clear (which is great if you have small kids and are a little paranoid of the ocean like I am), and the restaurants are great!... If I could give one piece of advise is to be patient. Remember you're in a different country and in the U.S., we're used to fast pace...not the case here. This is definetely a place to sit back and relax, drink and be merry, and take your family to a safe, fun, clean hotel. If you're anything like me, I go on vacation to disconnect from reality and I definetely did at the Ocean Blue. I would recommed this hotel and as a matter of fact, I am already booking for my entire family again this July. Hope this answered someone's questions. Remember, disconnect, relax, and enjoy. They also have great excursions and ATV rides, but don't forget to bagain with them. Believe me, they need the business and despite what a lot of people say, the do work with you. Happy Trails!!!

Sylvia Castillo
Miami, Florida

Hotel was beautiful!!! But staff need training!!

First of all the hotel and the grounds were beautiful. We checked in on Sunday 1/29/06. We had upgraded our suite to the Honeymoon suite. Never again!! We were in villa 6. Not worth the extra $3 Thousand Dollars!! We were told the fridge would be stocked with premium alcohol everyday! Not, only the first day. Some day's we only got 1 wash cloth & 1 handtowel. If we wanted more we had to find the maid and request them. Great view of the ocean and the pool. Absoutely no HOT water the whole time we were there. We complained everyday and were told the hotel was full and try using water at a different time.We did and still no hot water. The food was ok. Nothing spectacular about anything there. The staff didn't communicate in English. They need to have English classes if they are going to be in the tourism field. We definetely will not go back there.

Started out good then turned ugly!!

Lets just wrap this up in a nut shell. The resort was great, food good and entertainment good. The presidente was probably the best part of the trip. Let me just say that if you have kids make sure you keep an eye on them all the time. DO NOT LET THEM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT especially on the stage without another adult around. We had a little problem with one of the workers there touching one of our kids in a way that was unforgivable. We were told that he had been fired but it is not going to end there. We are currently making sure this guy does not do the same to other kids. The resort is trying to sweap this under the rug and they seem to be winning so far. I don't know if this will be allowed to be seen, if trip advisor had any sense they would let it through. Believe me this is not B.S. this is factual. There was a police report made.

PUNTA CANA NIGHTMERE AT OCEAN BLUE

by Domenic

"RESORT--OCEAN BLUE"

FIRST LET ME SAY, I AM A FREQUENT TRAVALER. I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE. AND THIS HAS BEEN MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH BEING TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED. I LITERALLY WAS COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO RETURN HOME AGAIN. THE RESORT IS BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT, BUT A NIGHTMARE TO STAY IN. OUR ROOM KEYS DID NOT WORK, AND WHEN WE REQUESTED NEW ONES, WE STILL DIDN'T RECEIVE ANYTHING. I WAS FEARFUL OF TURNING THE LIGHTS ON DUE TO THE WATER THAT WAS POURING OUT OF THE LIGHT FIXTURES. THIS WAS ALSO REPORTED TO THE FRONT DESK, AND AGAIN, NOTHING WAS DONE. MY FRIDGE HAD BLACK MOLD GROWING ALL OVER THE SIDES OF IT, WATER LEAKING ON THE FLOOR, AND YES, IT WAS REPORTED,. AND NO, NOTHING WAS EVER DONE. WHEN I REQUESTED ANOTHER ROOM (DUE TO THE FACT I ONLY HAVE 1 LUNG, AND THE MOLD ITSELF CAN CAUSE ME TO BECOME VERY ILL) I WAS INFORMED THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO.
THE POOL WAS DIRTY, AND THE WATER FRIGID. THE STAFF WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL "DIG" AT THE COUNTRY, BUT THIS PARTICULAR RESORT WAS VERY UNORGANIZED AND DISAPPOINTING.

"FOOD"

WHERE SHALL I BEGIN????? THE FOOD WAS ABSOLUTLEY HORRIBLE! WHATEVER WAS SERVED FOR BREAKFAST, SOMEHOW WAS MADE INTO ANOTHER DISH FOR LUNCH, AND WHATEVER WAS LEFT FROM LUNCH, WAS MADE INTO ANOTHER DISH FOR DINNER. SOME OF THE FOOD WAS HONESTLY UNRECOGNIZABLE. THE MEAT WAS CHEWEY, THE VEGETABLES HARD AND COLD, AND THE PEPSI/COKE WAS AN ACQUIRED TASTE. AND ALL OF THIS WAS JUST AT THE BUFFET. THE RETARAUNT ROUTE 66, ALSO HORRIBLE, WE WAITED FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE AN ETERNITY FOR A TABLE, SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE, AND THE FOOD AS BAD AS THE BUFFET. MARGARITA, ANOTHER RESTAURANT, ALSO TERRIBLE, ORDER WAS COMPLETLEY WRONG (AND JUST TRY TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM TO SOMEONE WHO HAS NO IDEA ON HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH) WE ENDED UP LEAVING THIS PLACE. THE BEST FOOD AT THE ENTIRE RESORT WAS THE STUFF I PACKED MYSELF FOR SNACKING. BRING YOUR SUN BLOCK- BUT LEAVE YOUR APPETITES AT HOME!!

"SERVICE"

THE SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE DUE TO THE FACT THAT NO-ONE HARDLY SPOKE ANY ENGLISH, THIS MADE IT VERY DIFFFICULT IN TRYING TO COMMUNICATE. BE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN BOTTLE OPENER, THEY DO NOT EXSIST ON THE RESORT, AND IF YOU DO FIND ONE FROM ONE OF THE VENDORS, YOU WILL PAY CRAZY MONEY FOR IT. THE VENDORS MADE IT VERY DIFFICULT TO TAKE WALKS TO TRY AND ENJOY THE SCENERY, THEY HAGGLE YOU TO DEATH TO THE POINT OF INSANITY!!!!!! THIS EXPERIENCE IN ALL WAS VERY EXHAUSTING, AND IT WAS A PLEASURE TO RETURN HOME AND GO TO WORK.

Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort dress code

by audio7

Just a quick question for anybody that has been to this resort. What is the dress code for the Al La Carte restaurants.

10 day to go :-)

Audio7

RE: Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort dress code

by curlyq

Hi. The dress code for all AI al a cartes is long pants for men and no t-shirts or bare arms as well no running shoes. For women however, just about anything is acceptable within reason. Your resort rep will tell you all this. Have a great trip. The resort is very nice.

Comments