Punta Cana Princess All-Suites and Spa Resort

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Punta Cana Princess All-Suites and Spa Resort

Please Let Me Go Back

A True Paradise. We absolutely loved the Punta Cana Princess. The staff was magnificient, the scenery was breathtaking and all in all, we couldn't have asked for a better trip. The food was a little different than us North Carolinean's are used too, but that didn't stop us from having the trip of a lifetime. We had plenty of fun activities to take part in, including a fabulous snorkeling trip and plenty of beach volleyball. The swim up pool bar kept us occupied as well! You can't go wrong with the Punta Cana Princess.

GREAT Hotel.....

The Punta Cana Princess is a beautiful hotel. The grounds look great, considering how new this resort is. The staff was wonderful, always smiling and making sure everything was okay. As for getting sick..I went with a group of 6 people...1 of us felt a little under the weather the last few days..but it is understandable, you are in a different country...where their standards are not the same as North America... As for the water, any experienced travellers should know not to use it and only use bottled water. Which is given out everywhere at this resort. The buffet was good, a little repetitive at times..but still you could always find something to eat. The Tex-Mex/Grill restaurant was great and also the Italian was great also. The rooms were a great size and very clean. Our mini-fridge was stocked everyday and well-stocked at that..just be courteous to the maids and they will be courteous back. As for nightlife..this resort has none...the disco is at the Caribe Club next door and so are all the nightly shows...far walk..but there is a shuttle bus that takes you. The beach is great..a little seaweed. The jetboat/snorkelling excursion is well worth a try...only a half day tour. This was a great resort and I would go back, don't listen to all the negative reviews written by others. PCP is a great hotel.

Overall, a good value

We stayed at the Punta Cana Princess for seven nights in the middle of July, and were happy overall.

CHECK IN/ ROOMS-- Somewhat slow, but this was not a huge problem. We had requested a room with two double beds, but were given a room with a king. When we entered the room, it was dirty with cigarette butts in the ashtrays and empty beer and soda bottles on the dresser. We returned to the front desk where they found a new room for us within 15 minutes.
The room was big and clean and we were very happy with it. The beds are really hard, but we got used to it. We got plenty of U.S. television stations (Showtime, HBO, MTV, TBS, Lifetime, etc.) and felt right at home in our room for the week.

STAFF-- We found the staff to be extremely friendly and courteous. Small tips to the bartenders, servers, and maids go a long way to make the experience more enjoyable. These employees work hard and deserve it, and you will get even better service. Most employees at this resort speak enough English to at least understand the needs and requests of their guests. Overall, the level of service at this resort was outstanding. The only times we had any issues with service is when we went to the Caribe Club/ Tropical Princess. The staff there made us very glad that we were staying at the PCP.

FOOD/ DRINKS-- The food was decent. The buffet is large enough where you can always find something you are willing to eat, even if it is the same thing you have eaten for the past four days. As far as the a la cartes, Tex- Mex was by far the best. The seafood was decent and the Italian was terrible. The late-night snacks were never seen, although we looked for them twice. We ate at the Domincan restaurant at the Caribe Club one night and had such an awful experience that we chose to stick to the PCP for the rest of the week.
As far as the drinks go, they tend to be tasty but very, very weak. All of the alcohol (with the exception of champagne) is watered down. This includes the wine. If you are a big wine drinker, definately consider bringing your own. As far as insulated mugs go, we found that we didn't really need them but enjoyed having them. Also, we found that when we shopped at the vendors on the beach, they really wanted them and were willing to trade things for them. Keep that in mind if you are looking for good deals.

BEACH/POOL- The beach is GORGEOUS and there is always enough wind to keep you cool. The pool is also nice and kept very clean. We never got up to reserve a spot and never had a problem finding one. Yes, there are topless women, so if that bothers you, don't go to Punta Cana. One negative note-- the pool closes for the night at 7 p.m.

Overall, our experience at the PCP was a good one. The only major drawback I have was the sickness. I got SO sick the second night, but felt OK again in a couple of days. However, my friend and I continued to have stomach problems for over a week after we got home. Bring Immodium, brush your teeth with bottled water, and hope for the best.
Punta Cana is beautiful and the most relaxing place I have ever been to, and we would definately return. PUnta Cana Princess was comfortable and worth the money we spent. However, next time I think I will spend the extra money and go to a 5 or 6 star resort.

Bad food, inconsistent service, sickness

My husband & I stayed at the Punta Cana Princess from July 12 - 16. This was our first time in the Dominican Republic, but we have been to other all-inclusives in Jamaica and the Bahamas. Those places seemed like paradaise compared to the PCP.

Food: Food was marginal at best. The buffet for breakfast was okay for a day or 2 but then we got very tired of omelettes. The lunch buffet wasn't very good either. There was a lot of unrecognizable food. The hamburgers were almost raw. The pizza was ok.
Dinner at the buffet was ok and it was hit or miss at the ala carte restaurants.

Service: Luckily, no one was rude as some of the other reviews mentioned; however, we were disgusted to find out that the maid used my husband's hairbrush! I've never heard of anything so gross. We returned from the beach on our second day and there was long black hair in the brush. My husband has light brown hair and I have red hair, so the only possibility was the maid. From that point on, we locked up absoltely everything when we left the room.

Sickness: My husband got sick the 2nd night we were at the PCP. He is still sick, and had to go to the doctor yesterday (over 1 week from time getting sick) to get some tests run to see what in the world he has. Luckily, I only go a mild case of sickness, but I still got sick. That is after not using the water for anything. We stuck to bottled water to drink and to brush our teeth.

I heard many people leaving Punta Cana, and regardless of which resort they stayed at, many had very similar stories.

Make sure you do your research before going there.

Wonderful Experience

My 24-year old daughter and I just returned from a 4-day trip to the Punta Cana Princess and I will share our experiences for those who are contemplating a visit to this resort.

FOOD: We thought the food was fabulous. We had the buffet the first night, which was very good, fresh, and hot with a good variety of choices. We got drinks quickly and with no problem. The desserts were particularly good. We made reservations our first day for the Italian restaurant and the seafood restaurant. Reservations were no problem at all; the staff at the Guest Services table was knowledgable, helpful and friendly. The Italian restaurant had the best salmon I have ever eaten. Ever. It was buttery and melted in your mouth. I was served chicken first which was dry and tasteless. When informed, the waiter immediately replaced it with salmon and was apologetic about the problem. The service was comparable to an excellent restaurant. We left a nice tip, although we noticed others left not tip at all. Seems very rude, even though the meals are paid for, the staff did a very good job. The third night we ate at the seafood restaurant, which is just the poolside grill that they convert in the evening. The food was wonderful again, but we almost died of the heat. For some reason, they had closed some screens and blocked all the ocean breeze. With ice cold drinks, we finally adjusted to the temperature. We had a seafood platter (from which they cheerfully removed the calamari for me) and, again, the desserts were wonderful. At both the restaurants, they brought a dessert cart and you could choose your dessert.

HORSEBACK RIDING: This was part of our VIP package - and, incidentally, I do not recommend the $100 VIP Package. It is simply not worth the money. You can get the same options much cheaper. We enjoyed the horseback riding on the beach, but some advice: 1. Have them adjust your stirrups before you leave. They did not do this and we both had sore legs and ankles. 2. Extend the 30 minutes to an hour. It takes 10 minutes to get to the beach and 10 back, so you don't have much time at the beach, which is beautiful. They take pictures before you leave, then offer you a CD with the picture or a bottle of rum with the picture on it. Kinda cheesy but fun for a souvenir. We bought the $15 CD.

SPA: OK, if you don't do anything else while you are there, GO TO THE SPA!!! My daughter and I just loved it. I have been to several spas and this was the best experience for the best price I have ever had. For $125, we have a massage, facial, exfoliation of the whole body, mud wrap, hydrotherapy tub - it was fabulous. You arrive at the spa, which is just 2-3 minutes from the front door of the resort through a beautiful garden, with fountains and waterfalls. Your attendant, very professionally dressed in a uniform, takes you down another path through a beautifully landscaped area with waterfalls, etc. to your own little hut which has a tub, shower, massage table, etc. You should be aware that these are very "European" experiences - in other words, they are very casual about your nudity and massage your upper body with no qualms - not sexual in any way, it's just part of the experience - just go with it! We tipped them $5 and they seemed grateful.

THE ROOM: Our room was perfect, always cool (remember to ask for an extra card so you can leave it in the air conditioner) and cleaned often with fresh flowers arranged with towels to create animals, etc. Our fridge was stocked whenever we drank something and when I asked for Diet Pepsi, it was delivered immediately. We had no problems getting towels, etc. We did leave some small gifts for our maid but that wasn't until the second day and we had great service before that. We were in building 5 on the 3rd floor and had a wonderful ocean view - thanks to whoever had a review that recommended that. Tell your travel agent because people tried to get ocean view after they arrived and weren't succesful.

SICKNESS: I did get terribly sick; luckily it was after I got home. The only thing I can pinpoint is that I was casual about brushing my teeth with tap water and my daughter used bottled water. I was the only one sick. It was definitely a bacteria and not something in the food because it lasted for five days and I finally had to get an antibiotic. Try just using the bottled water!!

SHOPPING: The first night, they had a big barbecue/party on the beach and had vendors set up tables to sell things. We did most of our shopping here. I was amazed at the number of people who thought the beautiful local stone, Larimar, was turquoise. Do your research about a country before you visit!! We bought beautiful necklaces, bracelets and earrings of Larimar as well as amber, which is also from the area. Do not pay more than 1/2 of what they ask. Do not be embarrassed - they expect you to haggle.

GENERAL: The beach is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen with sugar white sand and lovely palm trees. We went topless and felt extremely daring, but there were also other women topless. In conclusion, we had a great experience and I would recommend this resort for everyone.

Skip this place if you want service..

Huge Disapointment!! We just returned from a 7 night stay at this resort and it was without question the worst all inclusive resort I have ever stayed at. I traveled with my husband, two 14 yr old daughters, and 11 yr old son. We were there on the 4th of July and wore our USA t-shirts - BIG mistake as these people must hate Americans. They loved our money but did not want us there. We paid full adult price for the 14 yr olds but they were not allowed to order anything for themselves. The help would just ignore them as if they were not there at all and it wasn't much better for my husband and myself. We ate many meals without anything to drink - we ordered drinks from 3 to 7 different people at some meals but no one ever brought anything. We, as well as most of the other guest we spoke to, were sick most of the trip and well into the first week home. We paid for VIP serivce and this was nothing more than a scam for more money. We were suppose to have express check in and had to wait along with everyone else to get checked in. We had requested ajoining rooms for us and the children and they gave us rooms that were in seperate parts of the building and backed up to a garbage dump for the LTI resort. We were told that VIP guest could order premimum liquor and beer and only found one bar server that would serve us these. He would give us Budwiser beer or make a margarita with Jose Cuervo tequila but all the other servers would tell us they didn't have anything else without ever looking. Almost all the employees in guest services acted like they hated working and it was a strain to wait on anyone. The guest services clerk that makes your dinner reservations told us to make them with her for all week and we did only to find out she didn't know what she was talking about and we actually had no reservations because you can only make them one day at a time. It seemed as if no one there knew what was going on. You could not schedule a time for the free VIP 20 min massage either. The women that worked there told my husband to "come back in 2 days" no matter when we tried to make a reservation. The 24 hr. grill is non-existing also. Our mini-bar fridge didn't work so it didn't matter what they stocked it with. The maids were seen drinking the beer from the mini-bars anyway. As you can tell I was not at all pleased with the service at this resort and would not recommend it to anyone. Yes, the beach was clean and the room was large, but look elsewhere if you are expecting to eat or drink on your vacation.

glad to be home

The beaches in the D.R. are beautiful. It is truly paradise. The hotel was nice on the surface. The main floor hallway to our room smelled of sewage as well as the bed linens. Ice is at a premium at the bars and the restaurants. And forget it in your room. There are no ice machines.The breakfast buffet is OK if you stuck to the breads, bacon and freshly made omelets and fruits.The juices were freshly made- delicious but warm. We just aren't used to the D.R. foods( for example-mashed kidney beans and gray colored sliced meat). We never ate at the lunch buffet. just had hamburgs and hotdogs at the beach. The pizza was passable. We ran into the same problem for dinner- the selections and quality just wasn't available.However, if you can get a reservation The steak house was excellant -the italian was terrible. Make sure you make your reservation from 8am to noon the day of and the day before at the other princess restaurants. The drinks were watered down but my husband said the beer was good. Take lots of dollar bills because they won't give you less than a five dollar bill in change. Tipping helps with the service. One day we didn't get washcloths but I had taken some along.Six out of seven in our party got sick and the seventh was sick the day after we arrived home. Take lots of medicine with you Again the beaches were fabulous but all in all I would not recommend this resort.

Do your due diligence!

by TripAdvisor Member 1beachroamer

We are a family of 4 with a 2 year old and wanted to stay at this resort . I tried to phone them to get some info and no one spoke English. Then I decided to go to the web page since a large portion of thier patrons are English speaking and guess what? No English here either. I finally got wise and decided that the error in judgement was mine and I was being an ugly American so I emailed them on a Sunday. It took them until Friday to respond. I called the sister hotel the Carib Princess and they spoke and communicated well and the only thing I wanted to know was what kind of programs or child care was offered for the 2 year old. It seems that the older reviews were raving and the recent reviews are confirming my opinion. It is 2004 and really cheap to call these places to investigate yourself. We opted to stay at the Sunscape Grand and booked our vacation through Ella at cruiseandtravel.com and really got a great deal and an additional rebate. Email me with any questions.

Beautiful And No Need For A Laxitive!

The resort was absolutely beautiful and spotless. The rooms were large and tastefully decorated. Service was excellent and we had no problem with anything other than two out of the four of us got very ill with intestinal problems. Don't drink the water! Everyone says it is the food and to a degree I agree. They have different bacteria there than what we are used to (most of us don't have the antibodies) so be careful in the foods you select to eat. Keep in mind that they do not have any type of rulings as to the temperature control/cleanliness of their foods. On the other hand, we went to have a good time and not for the food in the first place. Choose wisely. Stick with fresh fruits, stay away from the seafood (the seafood restaurant SUCKED) as it is not what we are used to.

We met alot of awesome people, had a terrific time on the beach and would recommend this resort to anyone....just read the reviews and take into consideration that it is all in your ATTITUDE so go with a good one.

This was our 2nd trip there in the past year and wound up buying a condo under construction. We love it!

Don't believe the bad reviews

I just got back from my honeymoon at the PCP. I must say that we both had an amazing time there.
The beach is absolutely stunning and very clean. The resort grounds and rooms are immaculate and well presented. The service is great if you go there with a positive attitude and treat the workers with respect. The food at the a'la carte restaurants is better than average, and resembles the level of service and quality of a fine establishment. The buffet is ok, nothing to brag about, but this is expected of all inclusive resorts. There are several tours that can be taken through the hotel. We did Aqua Safari and Bavaro runners -both were awesome and totally worth the money!!

If you are going here on your honeymoon, don't forget to bring your marriage certificate for a free upgrade and some special bonuses!

Thanks to Ahmed, Frandy, Mariesol, Ramon, Franklin, Felipe, etc.. for making this a memorable and special time for us!

The stage for the evening showThe stage for the evening show

The beach at Sirenis CocotalThe beach at Sirenis Cocotal

Looking for Advice!

by cheriec

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this summer and would like to go somewhere special with sandy beaches, great food, friendly staff, and spotless accommodations. Any advice from travelers familiar with the DR would sure be appreciated! Thanks!

by hojo55

Punta Cana, DR has many resorts on a beautiful white sand beach. You can try Iberostar Bavaro or if you want to be spoiled
you can go to Secrets Excellence Punta Cana which is a gorgeous resort for adults with no kids. Those are only a couple of examples of the many beautiful resorts in Punta Cana. You can get rates and information by going to www.aavacations.com or www.applevacations.com

by CaptainGlenn

I have traveled extnsively to The DR. Becareful of the "2nd level " hotels. They can be pretty grim and even try to cheat you. The best hotels are reasonably priced so stick to them.

by JDDAVE

Cheriec:

If long great sandy beaches are at the top of your wish list then the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic is the place to go for sure!
We just returned from a week at the new Punta Cana Princess and were very happy with the total package. The beaches in this area are white coral sand so even on the hottest days you don't have to wear foot ware to the beach. We took the VIP package and you get an ocean view suite with sunken family room and cathedral ceilings[bathrobes included & even a phone in the washroom]

We have also stayed at the Barcello Beach Resort[ 5 resorts in one location] this is an older resort and the accommodations are not spectacular.However the overall experience of a good quality vacation with good service, good variety of food and friendly staff over-rides the older accommodations.

The RIU chain also has an excellent reputation and you can't go wrong with their resorts.

Book your special vacation here and ENJOY !!

by J3R3MIE

Hey, I've been to the Dominican's more than once and I can tell you the best place I went was the Flamenco resort in Puerto Plata!

Re: Dominican Republic

by Xavierrns

Visited DR in November 2003 and absolutely loved it..I highly recommend the Sirenis Cocotal resort...very nice resort...friendly..great food, etc. Our trip was all-inclusive and we enjoyed it thoroughly...if you go to DR, make sure you take one day to go on the Bavarro Runners excursion and see the countryside...Beautiful and serene little towns, etc...one piece of advice, the local sellers in areas surrounding the resort sort of get pushy and try to really really persuade you to buy their wares, souveniers, etc....but you can haggle with them on the price :)...The resort at Sirenis is the best I have seen...pink flamingos, lush tropical plants , and the beaches and pools there are fantastic!! Hope this helps!!
from steve in Kentucky

Beach Question & Casino Question

by Jabberjenn

Ok, some more questions for you folks:

1.) Is there a dress code in the Casinos? Does one have to be formally dressed to enter the Casinos in Punta Cana?

2.) I understand topless sunbathing is allowed in Punta Cana. I don't mind this, and am actually looking forward to giving it a try myself! But I just don't want to look like a fool compared to these tanned & stunning topless women walking around everywhere. Will average American girls like us blend in ok or should we just keep our tops on?

3.) Can anyone recommend a good All-Inclusive hotel on the beach that is also very near or adjacent to a Casino? Half of our group will spend lots of $$$ gambling while the other half will drink & sunbathe, so we want to be sure we are on the beach as well as near a Casino.

4.) In the All-Inclusive plans, does anyone know if beer is served by the draft or in bottles? I know bottled beer is hard to come by in All-Inclusive resorts, but figured I'd give it a try and see if any resorts provide that.

5.) Any advice on what to do or see or where to stay would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.
Cheers.

by tomhoward

"average American girls like us"... I think you're putting yourself down there a little LOL...

have you ever seen the "average" British girl on holiday ??? "tanned & stunning" are not descriptions you could generally use.

by curlyq

I have'nt seen any "stunning women" go topless. Just go for it and don't worry about others. I have stayed at many AI's in Punta Cana. Punta Cana Princess is very nice and they have a shuttle that will take you to and from the casino located just down the street. AI bars serve the beer on tap. Your hotel room fridge will have bottled Presidente beer. You can also buy it in town if you want. There are some great tours to take. Sosua and Brugal Rum factory, and of course the discos. Go to Mangu in the Occidental Grand Flamenco, and Pasha in the RIU complex.

by curlyq

There are no dress codes for the casino. Anything from a sundress to a pair of jeans will do.

RE: RE: Beach Question & Casino Question

by alfredop

You won't find any "stunning topless" women, most topless women will be older women. Most tourists will look at you but if what you want to do is just get a sun tan, then you should forget about them and enjoy the sun.

enjoy.

by travelinglar

Did you go on your trip yet? My buddy and I are preparing now and have some of the same questions. If you haven't and would like to join us, pls advise

Where to go in D.R.

by islanderman

We were thinking about vacationing in the Dominican Republic but really have no idea which area to go to. We are looking for a singles environment. 6 single guys. We also wanted a nice resort that is all-inclusive. Can anyone recommend anything? I appreciate it.

by Sandra30

If you are looking for white sand, palm trees and azure blue sea then is Punta Cana (the south of dom. rep.) the place to be! Here you have numbers of very good all inclusive resorts, various from affordable prices to very expensive. A few tips: Club hotel Viva in Bayahibe (near punta cana), Iberostar Dominica Resort (punta cana) and I can also recommend all the Riu Resorts in punta cana. Have a great time!

by acohiba

The north coast is the place to be. They have many beaches and clubs in this area. Cabarete, Sosua, Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, all these places have something going on every night. Cabarete is probably the best place out of the four. In October, I believe it is, they have the Merengue Festival there. Check out hotelviewarea.com and check out some of the ladies there under the Presidente Fiesta. As well in the capital there always seems like there is something going on.

by REYNALDOPICHARDO

MMMMMMM....
Now let's see 6 "single" guys, fun, nice, sun, AHHHHHH!!! Girls!!!!

Forget the beach resorts!

Head to Jarabacoa, some 25 min from the Cibao airport in Santiago, you can hit Rancho Baiguaite, and you won't believe the G.... I mean the sceneraries, at night you can descend to Santiago and hit Dom. Rep. bests local clubs, and you'll be a car trip away from Puerto Plata, take my word for it, you won't regret it!

Arturo