Riu Bambu

ClubHotel Riu Bambu
Expedia.com Hotels.com BookIt.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Health hazard

This was supposed to be a 5* but is more like a 3*. The service is good, room’s small, and mattress bumpy. This has been the worst of 4 trips to the Dominican. I booked 15 nights to the Riu Naiboa and on arrival at the Punta Cana airport was told we have been upgraded. I was impressed on seeing the well stocked fridge but shame we could not really take advantage we both had stomach problems which was very unusual. Bath room ended up like a steam room when we had a shower I reported that the extractor was not working to find out there was not one only a vent hole. We did not use the swimming it was just too small for the amount of people using the hotel. Plenty of beach space though. Staff all nice enough.

Only two outside bars, none belonging to the Riu group close to the beach like other hotels, the hot plates in the restaurants did not keep the cooked food hot enough, The main Restaurant was like Victoria Train station at rush hour. On our return home I discovered why we were suffering with upset tummy. our clothes all stunk of damp fungi, so we spent 15 nights not realising how damp the room really was. I would not Recommend this hotel for that reason. Do not BOOK the Riu Naiboa there is extensive demolition going on when we were there 10/11/10 it’s only a short walk from the Riu Bambu. Check before booking as I believe this work will take quite a while to complete.

Unique Quality: Very friendly staff

• Honeymoon from hell

it started out scary... you get off the plane and people are rushing you into the building to pay your charge for being in the country, then your shettled 1+ hrs to your hotel. you get there and its beautiful.....breath taking but then you get settled in and everything changes. Nothing is air conditioned but your room. You have to eat in the sun and hot, humid air which sucks but then on top of that the main buffet building is enclosed. The food is disgusting. We lived off Pin rolls from breakfast. Nothing American made......or taste but we knew some food would be different. The pool was kept clean some what. We both got sick. it was our honeymoon and my husband got sick just 3 days of being there and then i got sick the next day. No doctor or nurse would help without being paid alot of american money and my husband had a hard time finding someone to speak english and that was not rude. we ended up calling our travel agent to try to get something done. long story short we went home and paid 300.00 to get us there and missed out on 3 days of our vacation......

• jenrb73's Profile Photo

Great DR stay!

Our stay at RIU Bambu was GREAT! I didn't want to leave. Not many english speakers there but who cares. We got along just fine. I would highly recommend RIU Bambu ~ All-Inclusive! The thing I missed most was American food. Thank GOD we overheard someone talking about Hard Rock ~ Punta Cana! Great American Food! Some tips that were very helpful...
    Large insulated cups with lids. Bartenders would much rather make one large drink than 5 little ones. Oh! And loved the topless option! It was VERY hot when we went in October of 07'. Plenty of palm trees for shade. SO BEAUTIFUL THERE! Just breathtaking.

Unique Quality: We loved our cabana, the pools, not far from the beach at all. Everyone at RIU was friendly, even the snails when it rained.

• Riu Bambu

This was supposed to be a 5* but is more like a 3*. The service is terrible, rooms small and bedding rough and bumpy. The matresses terrible. The bath tub so small you hit your elbows bathing. Toliets don't flush properly anywhere. The wine is horrible as well as the beer.
    There was a rat running by the pool one day as I sun tanned. If you speak english you'll be treated as a second class citzen here. They favour the Europeans and will serve them first.

This was my 5th trip to the area and the worst service and accomedations. The resort area is lush, lots of shade , but the pool too small for the amount of guest and cleaned infrequently. A dirty tampon flaoted past me in the pool one day and stayed there for 3 days.

For your money until they change alot of things.. try the Principe or for real luxury Secrets Excellence. Excpect some upset tummy and take pepto bismo and other products.
    The weather is hot, no bugs unless it rains alot then look out...........

Unique Quality: None

• Anita_Porec's Profile Photo

....one of the nicest hotel in Punta Cana

On the best part of beach....with lots of shade:) You can share facilities with all other RIU properties (besides the Palace) and there are 4.

The food is great, the service is very nice.... and the rooms are stocked with little perks - umbrella, shoe shine, variety of achocolic beverages....minia fridge (stocked every two days).
    Very very nice!:)

Directions: On the beach of Arena Gorda, 3 minutes to the
    Caribbean street shopping complex, 40 min. to the
    center of Higuey, and 30 minutes from the airport.

• Umfufu's Profile Photo

Sitting at the poolbar

Its special cause the barmen didnt understand english...and my spanish is bad..but i always got what i wanted!

Directions: At the pool you can have a drink in the poolbar, and the good thing is you dont have to sitt in the water (you can) but you also can sit at a terras....

• Umfufu's Profile Photo

Dont forget to look in the...

Dont forget to look in my travelogue called RIU BAMBU to see all of my pictures.

Unique Quality: The swimmingpool is so big you could spend all day and not see the same people ha ha. There is also a nice poolbar where you can have a drink.

More about Riu Bambu

Hotel Riu Bambu

by Plendil

Hotel Riu Bambu
There are 5 hotels in the Riu chain at Punta Cana all prices vary. I think all 5 hotels are primarily All Inclusive but I am sure other types of board are offered from Room Only to Full Board etc. Right on the beach

We stayed at the Riu Bambu all...

by mpinheir

We stayed at the Riu Bambu all inclusive resort. It was really great. Acommodations were great, food was fantastic, service was excellent. No complains at all.

Lobby Riu BambuLobby Riu Bambu

RIU Bambu LobbyRIU Bambu Lobby

Before: Mark at Scuba Caribe office, Riu BambuBefore: Mark at Scuba Caribe office, Riu Bambu

Riu Bambu Hotel

by sonivix

Has anyone stayed or has any experiences of staying at the Riu Bambu Beachclub in Bavaro?
Any thoughts would be great before i book!

by hayward68

Myself and 5 other friends stayed there about 4 years ago and had a blast. You can wander around all the RIUs in the complex and eat at all except from the Palace (from what I remember). The disco is great, it's located on what's basically a shopping street in the complex and the staff all go and dance as well. The food was excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. You might notice a musty smell in the room but that's typical of those kind of tropical resorts, just keep the air conditioner turned on and it goes away. The beach was great with lots of waves, not great for actual swimming but we enjoyed getting tossed about in the water. There's watersports available at a hut on the beach.
Much further down the beach, you walk to to the right as you face the water, you pass another resort and then come to a market on the beach where you can buy souveniers.
Three of us did the Shark and Ray snorkelling tour which was quite fun. You go out on a boat to a penned off area in the sea and snorkel with the sharks and rays. On the way back it's basically just a big party with drinks and music.
We stayed in building 4 which was a nice quiet building and not too far from the beach. You don't want to stay too far from the restaurants and the main building as it can be quite a long walk. Here's the URL which shows a map of the resort and the room numbers.

I had emailed the resort about 2 weeks prior to our arrival and requested rooms in certain buildings, a choice between two, and we had all three of our rooms in building 4.

When we stayed we didn't have to wear those annoying all-inclusive wrist bands either, just people staying at the Palace had to wear them. Not sure if that's still the case.

by KaylieLandymore

im really excited now iv read this ! i am going here with my partner in july cant wait ! when r u going?

by sonivix

Hi i'm going to the Riu Bambu on 4 days time!! 22 July when are you going?

Comments