Riu Taino

Tags

Spa and Resort Luxury Travel

Riu Taino all inclusive

by written on April 6, 2007

I really enjoyed Riu Taino resort and would reccomend it to anyone else. The rooms were very nice and clean. Our room had a balcony that overlooked the water and everything was amazing and green in December! All the Riu Taino staff members were very friendly and helpful. You could relax and lay on the beach or do different activities that were all inlcuded in the resort price. You could try anything from morning aerobics to Spanish lessons. Since me and my friend both came without boyfriends the male Riu staff members kept hitting on us which was nice at first but then a little anoying!

Unique Quality: The pool was great with a bar right in the water. The hotel was right on the ocean and there were severla other resorts right in the area that we could walk to for a change of scenery.

Gloke's Profile Photo

Great hotel !!

by written on April 10, 2006

In September 2004 we have been on a 10 day holiday in Riu Taino and it was great! I visited this website very regularly and I can assure you, only believe the positive evaluations!
The rooms are very nice, located in beautiful gardens, clean, cool (has the inventor of airconditioning already won a Nobelprice?),? The beds were rather small, but hey, you aren't there to sleep all day, are you? The pool was great. There were always more than enough sunbeds and there is a great swim-up bar. If you are thirsty you'll certainly get a drink. You get to know a lot of new drinks (like Mamajuana?)!
The main restaurant is wonderful! You want to eat pizza, fries, chicken,? every day? No problem! But if you want to put some variation in your menu, you'll enjoy the buffets.
The hotel-staff is incredible. Whenever and where ever you meet them, there is always a big smile and a friendly "Hola". And if you prefer an active holiday, you can join in to an activity from the Animation-team every 30 minutes. And, believe me, these guys are completely loco! The staff of these hotels doesn't earn a lot, so when you give them a tip, they really appreciate it. When you hear a strange noice in one of the gardens and you see coconuts falling out of a tree. Look up, there is probable a 'jardinero' in the tree. They even offer you fresh coconuts on the spot.
One last good advice : take a good spray against mosquitos! And don't forget some lotion to put on mosquito-stings? Don't ask me how these little monsters did it, but I stopped counting on 45 mosquito-stings. And they do itch! If you need to, you can finds sprays and lotions in the Caribbean Street.
On the 7th day we had the pleasure (?) of meeting hurricane Jeanne and that meant the end of our holiday. But whenever I visit the Domenican republic again, I will surely stay in this or another Riu resort!
Our general rating? Riu Taino is an absolute 5*-place and we loved it!

JoeJulieCanada's Profile Photo

Punta Cana - Taino

by written on March 2, 2004

Check in smooth and quick
Rooms very clean and air cond.
maid service excellent
In room bar refilled whenever asked
Bar staff amazing
Food very good and plenty of choices
Overall clenliness -excellent
Swim up bar awesome
being able to bounce from one Riu to another a real added bonus.
I would recomend this place.
The 5 star next door called the Palace is nice but stuffy. Most guest that wanted to have fun came to the Taino
Our room was a bit far from the beach but ended up being a good thing. (very quiet no trafic at all hours of the night )

Unique Quality: Beach is breath taking
Service is Fantastic, I asked the chef one night after closing(2am) If there was any more pizza , he made me awesome pizza in 5 min.
Very eager to serve.
Tipping - as I see fit . Good service recieved a tip.

2 Photos of Riu Taino

Punta Cana Travel Forum

Need advice about Punta Cana, Dominican Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Punta Cana and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Punta Cana hotel reviews

Airport transfer in Punta Cana
Prestige Limousine Service
Fast and courteous
Transportation
Where are the artists to paint it?
Supreme Snorkeling & Outsatnding Safari
Prestige Limousine Service
Couples only Club
Nightlife
Car rental in punta cana
Punta Cana Airport Transfers
punta cana airport transportation
punta cana airport transportation
NEW RESTAURANT IN PUNTA CANA.. BAVARO
Restaurants
fun buggy Punta Cana
Things to Do
Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ)
Great chill out spot
Caribbean Festival Dance and Snorkel
Punta cana International Airport
Taxi Fares
Transportation
You have to visit Chichen Itza!!