Sirenis Tropical Suites

Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames
CheapCaribbean Booking.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• most beautiful people and place

MONEY

Money is another thing we decided to get pasos which is their money for the dominican but everything over there is done in dollars so better to get dollars. Also make sure you barter with the locals for jewellery pictures anything trust me they tripple everything epecially if english lol

Directions: southside of island more quiter

• trickydick's Profile Photo

very good

all in all a very good stay. not amazing, but very few problems.
    nice basic clean rooms, clean spacious and nicely landscaped grounds. the food was above average. beach and pool were adequate or better.

Unique Quality: this resort is not close to much, if anything. you are pretty much on your own, nothing within walking distance, but this I would consider a good thing for the most part. Daytrips are available.

very secluded beach( other than everyone else at the resort)

Directions: far east coast

More about Sirenis Tropical Suites

Such a Pity about the attitude of the the staff at the Sirenis Tropical Suites

The Sirenis tropical suites is part of the LARGE Sirenis Cocotal Complex although this is not mentioned in many travel brochures.The facilities are great, the hotel is lovely, the beach beautiful but the thing that lets this place down is the attitude of the majority of the staff. They are arrogant, sullen and have a definite couldn't care less attitude. One particular individual who sticks in my mind is Ivan. Be prepared to serve yourself drinks at lunchtime with your meal...he has the art of ignoring you well worked out.If you have small children, I would not recommend the Kids Club. On one occasion I found my five year old son and some of his friends in the steam room[!] and in the jacuzzi and they were unsupervised! I complained to Guest Services but still things carried on as normal. The children are generally left to their own devices, the timetable is not adhered to and also all age groups are grouped together when it is advertised that there are two Kids Club groups. You are very lucky if the Kids Club workers turn up and the mini disco takes place. Generally it was rubbish. The people who run this club are really not suitable and have no interest. The supervisor even told me that she doesn't want to work there and wants to go to Antigua instead. No holidays for us there then! It really was a shame that the staff and their attitudes were so bad in our eyes because the place itself is great. It has really put doubts in our minds as to whether we should visit the Domincan Republic again.

Brilliant Service at the Sirenis

On an allocation on arrival package we were allocated the Sirenis hotel. This exceeded any expectations I had of the Dominican Republic. The rooms were spacious and only on two levels. The maid service was excellant, and the choice and quality of the food outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Nice Place But Kids Program Needs Work

We vacationed at Las Sirenis Tropical the week of May 19th. The hotel and food were very good. The only disappointment was with the Kids Club. Considering we were travelling with three kids this was quite disappointing. The program didn't deliver what the timetable promised and supervision of the children was very lax. We would go to pick up our children and one would be missing and the supervisors didn't seem too concerned. Anway, for an adult getaway it would be great for a family vacation be weary.

Loved it, a great place to chill out!

We stayed at the Sirenis Tropical Suites for 2 weeks in May. It was really excellent value for money & an overall great place to chill out & do nothing much. Food was really good, if anything the buffet better than some of the a la carte's. Best ALC was the steakhouse, we went twice & really enjoyed it there except for the mozzies!The complex is huge, but somewhat "in the middle of nowhere" so you are a little restricted if you want to go to lots of shopping malls etc. Some Brits we spoke to that took taxis into town for shopping said that it was pretty much a waste of time anyway! There are a few huts down the beach that sell cigars, rum, sarongs, film, suncream etc that seem to offer much better value than the "official" on-site shops. We took the day trip to Saona Island which was without doubt the highlight of the holiday. A leisurely catamaran trip (very big, very nice, not packed at all) drinking rum & coke, Carribean sea lapping your toes, plenty of photo's, sitting on the front of the boat watching the flying fish, speedboat to the island, more rum & cokes, beautiful beach (they filmed the bounty ads there apparently!), excellent BBQ, bit of sunbathing, more rum & coke (they do do beer or just coke as well!), speedboat to a nearby lagoon for a spot of swimming. Get the picture? A remember it for a lifetime experience. Take a disposable/waterproof camera on this trip, save dropping your expensive one in the sea! The hotel was very well kept, groundsmen working day & night keeping everything tidy. Rooms were clean, & spacious, no problems there. OK some of the staff were a little laid back, some didn't speak brilliant English, we were guests in their country after all, what do some people expect? OK, maybe it isn't a 5* hotel by European standards but hey, how much would 14 nights all inclusive in a UK 5* hotel cost? A darn sight more than this. We would definitely recommend it, maybe more of a couples place than one for kids. Its a 9 hour flight are only 2 or 3!! There were some kids there even younger than that! We didn't join in with the evening entertainment (not our thing), so can't comment on that. Every couple of nights there was a "boy band" on in the main bar area who were pretty good, singing to backing tapes, Backstreet Boys sort of stuff plus some Spanish songs. Not a club 18-30 sort of a place, if that's what you want, throbbing night-life, loads of shopping, this isn't the place for you. If however you just want to chill by the pool, join in with a few activities if you want, good food served all day, good quality drinks (try the lemon slush for a refreshing nice non-alchoholic daytime drink) served all day, read a book, have a snooze then you could do a hell of a lot worse than here.PS the local 151 Rum is said to be excellent for soothing those mozzie bites (applied externally that is)!!

Truly wonderful

We returned from Sirenis Tropical on July 13 and wanted to submit a review. Like many others, we read all the reviews here beforehand and, although many were good, there were a number of complaints about the resort that worried us ... This was really a shame because the worries were completely unfounded!!! ----- The service was great - the personnel was wonderful, always smiling, singing and dancing! I have a VERY hard time understanding how complaints were made about the staff - the barmen (and women!), cleaning ladies, garden workers, entertainment staff, waiters etc... always great! And yes, they may not all be fluent in English, but let's not forget that we're the tourists in their country - they made great efforts to speak English to us, and adored it when we tried to learn some Spanish phrases!! (Don't forget that although us North Americans in general tend to think we're the most important people on the planet and that the world revolves around us...
it does NOT! Over 80% of the tourists at this resort are European - most of whom do indeed know basic Spanish and of course French!!) ---- As for food - you'd have to be a REALLY picky person to complain about this, honestly. For anyone who does NOT want to try 'different' food, there's always the staple salads, veggies, pasta (which they make right in front of you), pizza, hot dogs and fruit. Admittedly, there wasn't a great deal of variety at each meal, but the food menu was changed every day, so it more than compensated! (After all, no matter how much choice there would be at one meal, you can only eat so much in one sitting anyway!). ----- Drinks - The indoor bars are surprisingly well stocked in alcohol - even if you don't see your particular choice of liquor on the menus, just ask for it and chances are they'll have it! (They even stock champagne back there!!) ----- Entertainment was far better than we expected - particularly their team of dancers!! - one evening we were actually presented with a condensed version of "Cats" ... which was excellent! Yes, there were 2 evenings where the entertainment was quite 'amateurish', but I would hardly complain! ----- Overall, we had a wonderful time and can't complain about anything. The hotel was impeccably clean (you could see your face reflected on the marble floors of the lobby!) and the grounds and pools VERY well kept. We stayed at the Suites .... and the rooms there were clean and very spacious (each suit had a bedroom with a king sized bed or 2 double beds, a large bathroom and a decent sized "living room" or "lounge" area with a mini-bar that is refreshed daily. Another nice plus is that, although the resort was almost at it's fullest capacity, we never had problems finding nice shaded areas to set up on at the beach or the pool (i.e. you won't have to get up at 6am to get a spot on the beach) --- Final words .... Go for it!! This place is beautiful! BUT a word to the wise, if you're going here and expecting partying, loud music and booming night life, lots of shopping and nearby cities... it's NOT the place for you. The resort is very secluded with only one other resort fairly close by... If, on the other hand, you're looking for peace, relaxation, long private beaches to walk on ....a getaway from your daily stresses... then by all means you'll truly enjoy this resort.

GREAT TIME!

My husband and i stayed at Sirenis Resort from April 28 to May 5 for our honeymoon .....and let me just say...it was the very first vaction i have been on since i was a kid... Anyways.... i just wantd to say that we had an excellent time...we had some problems but nothing major...all in all...it was great...and i would recommend going there to anyone...We loved it..and we hope to visit there again soon.

A trip to remember

Before making our trip my husband and I read the reviews about Sirenis.
Most reports were excellent, but one reported how unfriendly the staff was. I must tell you that we found this to be totally untrue. Wherever you are, you should get good service if you treat the staff with respect. The bartenders, managers, and food servers made the effort to know us by name and greeted us this way. With their little knowledge of English and our little knowledge of Spanish, we still managed to communicate nicely. Coming from America, their food was different from ours. We realized that we were on an adventure. This was part of the alure. This hotel was our answer to paradise.

my first all-inclusive

by trickydick

"arrival"

flew from vancouver mid morning. arrived toronto late afternoon. sat around pearson for many hours. got into DR after midnight. 90 minute bus to Punta Cana. Our 7 night all-inclusive began on the saturday night. it was now sunday morning at 330am. It was hot and it was a very long day. I was hoping for a snack, dying for a cold beer. neither was available. oh well, we will just get to our room, maybe i will have a quick swim if I dont pass out.

OUR ROOM IS NOT READY YET? a short wait of ONLY 40 minutes was not cool at all.
Like i said above, a beer would have been wonderful but we didnt expect much at this hour. but our room being ready and available was the absolute minimum. as you may have noticed. I am writing this in march and we visited in november. this is this first thing that comes to mind as I begin writing about my visit.

"Sirenis Tropical Suites All-Inclusive"

despite our unwelcome arrival, the place was great. It was our first visit to an all-inclusive, so I cant really compare to any other experience. Certainly it was not deluxe like I had always imagined such a holiday would/could be. I also had no delusions that it would be this way. We chose one of the higher priced deals, and compared carefully the reviews from helpful travellers on this wonderful website. I figured we would focus on the food aspect. I love food and I knew I would be eating the same food ( good or bad) for 7 days and nights. The food was good, not great but always a little different and always plentiful. quality was very good. We chose to eat at the main international buffet most days. As Im sure is the same for most all-incl, you also can choose to make a limited # of reservations at the better quality theme restaurants. We ate at the seafood restaurant one of the first nights. I wasnt too impressed. nothing wrong exactly but If I had gone to this restaurant in Vancouver and paid for my meal I would not have been too happy. I ran into a fellow canadian outside this place and remember telling him just that. he mentioned he just came from the steakhouse and was less than satisfied."too much gristle" . we did not eat there. The Mexican restaurant was very good. pehaps a little bland but overall quite good.

"screwed up"

I brought my digital camera of course. We have two memory cards, the tiny one it came with (32mb) and the 1gig we bought later.the night before we left I uploaded whatever was on them and did the 1G first, took it out, did the 32mb and then put it back in the carry case and went to sleep.
upon arrival we took some pictures, soon( with only 32mb) the card was full and I went to put in the large card.
of course I left it sitting on the desk by the computer

this haunted me the rest of the trip

Sirenis Coctal

by Aman2222

Hi everyone

I am travelling to Punta Cana on the 28th August for one week with 10 others. We are staying at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort... anyone been there before? I have checked out other forums and all reviews seem to be very good. Just wondered if anyone has been recently!

thanks

Aman.

Re: Sirenis Coctal

by CaliStyle

Was there last year and it was just okay....going back on the 31st of this month to the Gran Bahia Princepe and i would reccomend it there...

Comments