Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa

Tropical Princess - A unique Review.

by TripAdvisor Member robbienorth

I've read all the reviews on this site about the TP and rather than spewing the usual things I'll try to give a unique perspective. I'm a little more on the painfully honest and sceptical side of things.

Check IN:was fine, what you'd hope for in a resort, many people working the desk and it seemd to flow easily enough. Few people we met in the VIP suites had to wait a couple hours but that's to be expected periodically. Don't bother thinking you don't need the bellboys for the luggage. Resort is large and lugging your crap around is a hassle. If you're on the cheap side be prepared to tip here...

Rooms: Nice enough, nothin super fancy. If in the TP side be prepared for to hear all the giggles or CNN from the room next door when rooms are ajoining. We were there initially but after a little sweet talkin were bumped to the CP. Basically the same resort when you walk through it, the CP is just a little better side. *Heres a note tho.. make sure to properly check your sliding glass doors. The newer room's lock didnt work properly, a quick tug felt like it was locked but any real PULL and it popped open. Because our new room was on a more secluded side of the resort my paranoid side kicked in. Everyday I wedged the coffee table in the door to block the slide action (GF has learned to trust my instincts so barely peeped up). Second last day I went out on the balcony and realized the door was off its tracks, and they aren't light doors so doubt the maid nudged it off. Just be aware of things and unlike me (cheapie cheapie) get the safe for peace of mind.

Pools: Nothing worth commenting on....

Beach: was sweet as discussed elsewhere. Not sure what the other people were Boogy boarding on but dont count that as a highlight. Late august the waves are minimal, be prepard to float a foot or two and return them in 10 mins.

Restaurants: the dominican was decent, brazilian id skip.. heard and experienced mixed results with the other ones so i think its a crap shoot. You can only eat the buffet so many times so go try them with an open mind.

Entertainment: personally I could care less about the shows on resorts, they always seemd busy and didnt hear many complaints. Frankly if your under 50 im sure you'll be here n there with them.

Wierdly enough unlike cuba (which I've visited twice in past 18 months) there is an atmosphere of criminality in punta cana, nothing against TP at all. Be like blameing the Hilton for crime in New York City but it does seem a little more slimey if you catch my drift.

There are many tips i can give but will save them for various reasons. If you'd like to know anything feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to help as much as i can. Some will save you hassels and money.. be prepared for me to ask a favour tho... ;O)
** I meant to get a medicinal herb they sell there in abundance for my neighbour (goin thorugh Kemo, every bar and store has it) but i forgot it in the hotel when i left. No problems bringing to Canada I just rushed out and was absent minded. I'd be happy to pay double what it costs you (4$US) just to help the guy out and will come to you in the Toronto or suburbs. I tried it myself and am a firm believer in the healing properties. Please help...
However, know the favour isnt manditory Id be happy to help anyway I can.
All the best.

robbienorth@hotmail.com

Loved our stay at the Tropical Princess

by TripAdvisor Member M0nalisa

My sister and I stayed at the Tropical Princess from July 31st to August 13th and really enjoyed it. The room was clean and cool (once we had understood how it worked!!!), the food was o.k. (better than in Cuba) and the sun was there through our entire vacation. Though it's true that you have to get up early to have a cabana at the beach (I was there every morning at 7:00 to reserve a chair, but I was always up by 6:30. if you try to get a cabana later than 8:00, forget it!!!), you can always find a place at 1 of the 3 pools and since it is near the beach you can easily walk. The resort is very well kept (gardens, grass and path) and clean (including the beach, no seaweeds, no empty cans or plastic glasses). For people having trouble walking or with young children, note that there is a bus that drives around the resort.

By reading the reviews before we decided on the Tropical Princess I was a little hesitant, but now that I'm back, I would say that I find that a lot of travellers expect too much. Don't forget that you are in the Dominican Republic and that things are different. Be patient (the notion of time is different in the DR) and please don't expect that everybody speaks english. Getting to know another culture is part of the fun of travelling!!!!

Lots of hype and hot air

by TripAdvisor Member TRIMS

We got back form the Tropical Princess on the 18 of Dec. and I am sorry to say that we read all the reviews on this resort before we went with it and find it hard to believe that so many people fine this such a great place. Yes the beach is nice and the ocean is warm but the beach has about 60 other resorts on it, so you can't say this is a great thing about staying at the Tropical Princess when 59 other resorts offer the same thing. The rooms were plain but ok, the mini-fridge would leak water on to the floor making a small pool and the potential for a slip and fall. Every Once in a while the hot water would stop working and you would have to wait about an hour or so before you could take a shower and then the water temp. was just above cool at best. The A/C vent would give off a musty smell when just starting up, which was because the past guest in the room was a smoker which accounts for about 70% of the people at this resort, mostly Europeans. The staff was not as friendly as everyone had said most of them would just ignore you if you could not speak the language, mostly the bar staff. The food in the buffey was terrible, with most of it looking like it was re-used from the last meal, this is were I thing most people are getting sick from, us included. The front lobby is about a good 10 min. walk to the rooms which is divided by a big smelly swamp were most of the mosquitos come from and the shuttle cars are never around when you need a lift or they are going the wrong way. The pools look nice but don't be fooled,
they don't clean them as offend as they should which leaves bites of plant matter and floating bugs on the top of the water, after swimming in the pool about 3 times I started to get bad earaches which went away when I stop putting my head under water while swimming, stick with swimming in the ocean. Check in is at 3 pm & check out is 12 noon, remember this if booking a trip here because we had a 6:30 pm pick up in the lobby,this would leave us with no room for 6 1/2 hours.
But you can extend your room for about 10.00US per hour. We went that route because we had our 7 year old with us and it cost us about $80.00 Canadian for about 5 hours more, what a burn. Lots of the kids at this resort were looking ill, probably from the food and it was hard to stand by and see this and the parents did'nt look very happy as well. All in all I would have to give this resort a 4 out of 10 and we would not return to this resort again.

Scuba-Do

by TripAdvisor Member steve the greek

We stayed at the Tropical Princess over New Years with our 12 year old daughter and 13 year old son and had a great time. The highlight of the trip was the scuba diving for my son. He did an introductory course and then two 10-13 metre dives with me. The dive master was attentive and the digital photography was great. The water was warm and clear and the sea life on the reef was modest.

The food selection and quality at the buffet was very good and they gave us lobster and white tie service for New Years. Service was otherwise spotty unless you sit in the same area each time and tip generously at the outset ($5 US goes a long way). Bring US cash or US travelers cheques as Visa is limited and Canadian cheques get you a poor return.

Two out of 4 of us got some stomach upset for a few hours as we adjusted, and I believe we got it less than most because we took Dukoral oral travellers diarrhea medicine which I would recommend.

We only saw a handful of mosquitos the whole week, but we took our chloroquine malaria prevention just in case.

The beach was a wonderful fine white sand and the boogie boarding was always fun. The windsurfers were run down, but the catamarans were in good shape and the constant warm breeze was perfect.

One week was just right for a wind down for the family and we would have done some excursions if we had stayed another week.

Had a wonderful time

by TripAdvisor Member OhTwins

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids spent Christmas week at the Tropical Princess. Overall, the experience was very positive.

Property: Very lush and well maintained. The lobby is a 10-minute walk from all the hotel rooms. We always enjoyed the walk especially after eating all that food. We never took the trolley except during check-in and out.

Swimming pools: There are three. All have zero entrance and beautifully designed. We usually go to the one close to our villa since it is more secluded and less crowded.

Beach: Bavero beach is very pretty. It is a bit wavy. The sand is very fine, a bit of seaweeds, no rocks anywhere. There are lots of beach chairs and huts. People do go early in the morning to leave a towel there to reserve a hut.

Food: We ate mostly at the buffet which offered good variety with lots of seafood. The new year's eve feast was excellent. We also ate at the 2 restaurants which were included, the food was OK, but if you miss them, no big deal. For lunch, the beach grill has excellent BBQ's, not to be missed.

Staff: All very friendly, most of them speak or understand very little English. We don't speak a word of Spanish but we managed OK.

Accommodations: It's not the Ritz but the room was clean with average maid service. There were lots of mosquitoes every night we were in our room. We came well prepared with repellents, mosquito coils and an electric mosquito Zapper(looks like a tennis racket), that "weapon" worked like a charm and killed the bug everytime. We had to do a full house extermination before bedtime each night.

Excursions: We did a sunset horse-back riding on the beach. The riding was one and a half hour except the guy did not tell use that it takes one hour to get there, so altogether it was more like three and a half hours. The ride back was scary since it was after sunset and the driver was going very fast.

Complaints: Nothing major. They did not have enough locks for the in-room safe. I had to visit the lobby many times before I finally got one. There is a $20 rental charge for the lock, what a rip-off, the $20 is more than enough to buy the lock and yet they are running out of locks.

Conclusions: It's been one week since we came back and we still haven't removed our resort ID wristband. We are already talking about going back for our next trip.

Fabulous Family Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member hewi24

My husband, our six year old son and my mother have just returned from a one week stay at the Tropical Princess (Aug 21-28). This resort and the Caribe Club Princess are actually all one resort with the use of the same amenities and restaurants although some minimal surcharges apply to some of the a la carte restaurants if you stay at the TP. We all had a terrific vacation and we were all so sad to leave.

Check-in: Was quick and efficient with no difficulty at all as we arrived around 5:00 p.m. We were greeted with a delicious cold welcome drink and big smiles from the staff of the lobby. We received ajoining rooms as requested at booking by our travel agent. We did not opt for the VIP package which is $100 pp. and we did not ever regret it.

Rooms: Rooms 5301 & 5303 were spacious and clean although fairly basic. The air-conditioning was excellent and we had no trouble with our rooms at all. The beds are firm with very soft pillows. I thought I may have had trouble getting to sleep on them, but none of us had difficulty sleeping after fun-filled days. The mini-bar was stocked daily with a gallon jug of bottled water and sodas. The maids were super and we left them small gifts from the dollar store with a note every day explaining that the gift was for them as they can not accept gifts without one.

Pools: There are three pools at the resort. The pool near the TP buildings is very quiet and fairly shallow with water sprinklers and several places to sit and enjoy a beverage. There is a bar right beside the shallow end. The middle pool was also fairly quiet and seemed to be where some European guests swam as I noticed a few topless sunbathers around it at times. It has a volleyball net in the middle and a shallow end as well. The entertainment pool was so much fun and has a swim-up bar, basketball nets, water polo and is where the entertainment staff spend most of their day leading the many activities. We never had any trouble finding lounge chairs at any pool and had 4 under a palapa every day we were there.

Beach: The beach is stunning. There were waves that were so fun to play and boogie board in every day. The sand is white and clean as the staff work so hard to clean it every morning. A bit of twig-like debris washes up on shore, but it is barely noticeable. We walked past neighboring resorts every day and our beach seemed to have the most chairs, shade and beachfront that we noticed. My son preferred the pools as he did not like the salt water, but my mom and I loved to swim there every morning before breakfast. Again, we never had any trouble finding a chair in the shade under a palapa no matter what time of day we arrived. We took a 2 hour snorkelling trip which we booked at the beach hut for $20 pp which was so much fun as there is no snorkelling at the resort beach. You can book parasailing, scuba diving, deep sea fishing right there as well. There were always plenty of life jackets for everyone.

Restaurants: The buffet restaurant is open 24 hrs a day as well as their bar. Breakfast buffet was fabulous with a crepe station, omelette station where you could also have eggs cooked any style, fresh fruit juice in any flavour, cereal, fruit, pancakes, waffles.....We ate lunch there one day and it was also very good. In the evening, Garcia was the waiter we requested because he was the sweetest, friendliest person and he gave great service to us. The other days we ate at one of the two beach grills which transform into a la carte restaurants at night. One day there was a poolside bbq with ribs, chicken, steak, baked potatoes. When you stay at TP, two a la carte restaurants are included which you book in either of the Caribe Club buildings from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for that evening. We never had trouble booking for the three we selected and there was no more than 4 people in line. The first restaurant we tried was 'Sombrero' Mexican which was an $8 surcharge per adult when you stay at the TP. It was so delicious and the desserts and coffee were very good. My husband had enchiladas, my mother and I had fajitas and my son enjoyed beef tacos. Fresh nachos are on the table with salsa and guacamole. The 'Rodizzio' Brazilian restaurant is included and is on the beach. At night, all the tables are candlelit and linens and slipcovered chairs look beautiful. A salad bar to start, followed by courses of tasty meat servings and rice with a band to serenade each table. The third restaurant we tried was also complimentary, but our least favourite. 'El Pilon' is the Dominican a la carte and is a beautiful restaurant decorated with murals of the country and facades of Dominican homes, but the food choices were not the best for us and especially my son. Definately authentic dishes however. This was the only meal all week that we had any difficulty with.

Bars: The swim-up bar was so fun with an excellent bartender named Hector. All of the bars have machines with frozen pina coladas and banana mamas which are both excellent. My husband enjoyed Presidente beer. There are 7 bars altogether I beleive and they were never far away from us. All of the bars have bottled water and juices, pop and virgin cocktails for the kids.

Entertainment: We loved that we could be as busy or as quiet as we wished at this resort. Even at the entertainment pool, the staff would always invite you to participate, but never forced you to if you said no. The activities are posted and ranged from Spanish lessons to dance lessons to sports all day long. There is a nine hole mini-golf course on site, 3 outdoor ping pong tables, bocce ball, darts, archery and shuffleboard. The entertainment hut on the beach by the pool had several board games as well which were in excellent shape and we saw some people playing poolside. Every night there is a show at the theatre at 9:45 p.m. The Lion King show was so good. Our whole family loved it. We only saw one other show which was a couples challenge and was filled with sexual inuendo, but humourous. We didn't see any others, but there was a beach party scheduled for the night we were leaving which looked fun. We went to the Areito disco twice and had a lot of fun. It is busy as it is open to guests of other hotels and locals. It was open from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. and the dance floor was packed. Drinks are free for the first hour, then you pay at the bars. Beer was about $3 U.S.

Kids club: AWESOME!!!! It was running every day we were there with 3 super staff members who spoke several languages and worked hard all day keeping the kids smiling and having a great time. Jay Jay and Vincent were so excellent and were always interacting with the kids taking them on a banana boat ride,face painting, swimming daily in the pool or ocean, treasure hunts, sports, snacks and to the buffet for lunch. It was so well organized that I had no trouble leaving our son there for the day and he loved his days there. My husband and I enjoyed our days together relaxing and playing and we would periodically pop in to the kids club to check in with our son, but he never wanted to be anywhere else. The kids club activities were posted for each day of the week and they varied every day. You could bring your child for one hour or the whole day and you could stay if you wanted. There were two areas with climbers which were perfectly maintained and a lot of fun for kids. There was also a teen club building with pool tables and a juke box, but I do not believe they had a scheduled program during the day. Every night at 8:30 p.m. at the theatre, there was a mini-disco for the kids which always had at least 20 kids dancing and singing. FUN!!!!!

Shopping: There were shops on the resort which were fairly reasonably priced except for sunscreen. The jewellry and clothes were not outrageously priced and is a good place to browse at the prices before you go to the local vendors so you know what price is fair. We walked to the left down the beach for 10 minutes to an area with about 12 shops that sell cigars, rum, cigarettes, clothes, jewellry, trinkets. You must be prepared to barter and trade with the merchants, but they are all very friendly and not overly pushy. As you walk by, they will yell at you to try to have you look at their items, but one firm 'no gracias' and they leave you alone. We had a great time shopping here and traded baseball shirts, baseballs, candy and my husbands LIVESTRONG bracelet for goods. You need to know what you want to pay for items and how many you need. We bought t-shirts for $7 while others paid $15 just by offering it to the vendor and being prepared to walk away if he said no. They will follow you if they are agreeable to your price. We met so many interesting characters here and enjoyed socializing with them. In return, they gave us some great bargains. They love Canadians and call us the 'friendliest people in the world'.

Tours: We only took one which was the Bavaro Runners 4x4. It was a fun day of seeing a sample of Dominican life as we went to a sucarcane field, cigar factory, fruit farm and home, ranch for lunch and horseback riding and boogie boarding on the beach and we stopped along the way to hand out the school supplies we brought for the children and to a school to deliver more to the grateful students and gracious teacher. We loved the tour and would recommend it to all first time Punta Cana visitors. Our truck was all Canadians and many were organized so the tour guide could deliver the tour in one language which was great.

You will have a terrific time at this resort and will not be disappointed. We are already planning to return next year.

15 days at the Princess

by TripAdvisor Member hurricaneblues

We just got back from the Punta Cana princess,(Caribe Club side) a few days ago...
The check in was non-eventful, they do not let you have your room until 3:00, so we had to wait about 5 hrs. until our room was ready. When our room was good to go, we found it on our own. We had to call the front desk/bell boys 4 times to bring our 1 peice of luggage, but after waiting an hour, and 4 different people saying it would be '10 minutes', my husband went to the lobby and transported it back.
The rooms were clean and basic. Nothing too fancy, and the toiletries offered are not of high quality, mostly the conditioner. Despite tipping, every day the room was not stocked properly, sometimes they would forget water, towels or extra TP. There was also no remote for the TV. With all the marble flooring and open air architecture, noises travelled easily, and my husband and I would sleep with earplugs every night.
There seems to be a lack of signs to let people know what is what, so we spent the first few hours just checking things out and learning where things are. Despite these minor things, we were always comfortable and never that burdened.
The pools were beautiful, the grounds were even more so. The beach was amazing, very relaxing, clean, and always a palapa. The water was so warm and a perfect turqouise and sand was powdery white. 10 out of 10.
The Staff were amazing, mostly the bartenders (Juaquin, Eduardo) and the animation Staff. All VERY hard working for very little pay. We brought $200.00 US$ just for tips, and wish we brought more. The gardeners work very hard 'cutting the lawn' by HAND on their knees in the heat. They are all so grateful for a dollar here and there. So tip big. They really deserve it.
The food was good, mostly at the BBQ by the beach bar. My husband and I both got sick 3 times each...hard to say what from though..
We went to the Marinarium on our excursion. It was a great time to snorkel and swim with the sharks. A really fun day with an awesome animation team. I would definetely recommend it.
Internet use in the lobby was $5.00 US for 30 mins. It was a fast connection and worked fine.
All in all, we had a wonderful holiday, thanks to all the natural beauty that surrounded the resort and all the amazing hard working Staff.
Any questions, you can email me.

Great, I would go back

I was at the Tropical for a week. Despite minor difficulties at the arrival (key for room not working) my stay was great and I would go back again! I am a difficult person in terms of food and I can say that it was average but you can always found something to eat. The breakfast was very good and a lot of fruits which I enjoyed very much. The personnel is nice and the service nothing to complain about.
The beach is great and the pool as well (a bit cold). The room was super clean. Anyway, did not regret my choice and I will go back again. So Enjoy.

As good as I could have ever hoped for!

by TripAdvisor Member Russianfront

My wife and I just returned last night from Punta Cana, and I write this review with super fresh memories of this wonderful hotel lingering through my mind...

We had an excellent stay at this hotel, which we booked through a last-minute travel website about a week before we departed. We got an excellent price and got so much for what we paid that it almost felt like stealing....The flight left Vancouver SUPER early in the morning which was a bit of a bummer but we survived. Flight time was about 7 hours. The Punta Cana airport is super cool in that there is no ramps...you just walk outside of the airplane and down the steps onto the tarmac...oh ya, with that sweet and warm tropical wind caressing your face...The airport itself is spectacular and a perfect intro to this facinating country. It looks more like a movie set for some south-seas paradise than an airport. The bus trip was late at night but we still knew right away that we were in a 3rd world country as it. You'll know what I mean if you have travelled in similar areas. Check-in was painless. The lobby is amazing - a really high ceiling and OPEN AIR!! NO WALLS!! The wind just blows right through!! We had no idea that the lobby was maybe 500 metres from the main hotel area and where surprised to see ourselves on the back of a little "golf cart with luggage rack" on the way to our room. We were pleasantly surprised at our room. It was right close to the beach, had a pleasant view of gardens, and being a top floor unit, had a 15 foot + ceiling.

We had a great stay, with very few hassles and irritations (although there are bound to be a few on any trip). Here's some of my general observations:

The positives:

1) Spectacular grounds!! Total paradise and could double as a Disneyland tropical theme park. Palm trees galore. And super well maintained by an army of green-suited "gardeners". The resport area, when you add all 3 of the side-by-side "Princesses" together are huge and will take you a couple of days to get to know well.

2) Three(3)pools in which to swim. 2 are larger and good for water sports, while the 3rd one is great eye candy and more suited for lounging in.

3) THE BEACH!!! WOW!! Now that's what I call a beach!! Pure white sand, turquoise waters, swaying palm trees, lots of plam umbrellas..it really was everything we could ask for. You can walk for hours in either direction. To the north, about a 15 minute walk away, was the "beach mall" where you can buy tons of souveniers and practise your haggling skills. This hotel seems to be on one of the best beaches in Punta Cana judging from all the hotels and people...oh, and one of the premier 5* hotels is right next door (Paradisius Punta Cana) so that tells you something right there. When we were there it was really windy much of the time so swimming and kayaking where more challenging than usual. But maybe its windy all the time? Have no idea! Most days were "yellow flag" days. We never saw the "green flag" which is like a green light to get out and enjoy the water.

4) The staff were always cheery and smiling and quick with a "hola" greeting. Even the groundskeepers seemed happy to be there. I am not overly picky about service so I let a few slip-ups (the main one being "forgetful" waiters and sometimes slow table setting) go without a second thought.

5) The food is pretty good, it filled me up and there was a lot of it. The clenliness seemed pretty good and the open air buffet is a sight all by itself.

6) Tons of activities going on all the time. The staff are always trying to coax you out of your chair and into a dance, a game, an activity etc. I found the water polo and the beach vollyball to be a blast!

Some random observations:

1) We took malaria pills (as recommended by a travel medicine clinic) but didn't even see a single mosquito (or almost any other insect for that matter. My guess is that most visitors do not bother with anti-malarials.

2) My guess is that 60% of the guests are Europeans - mostly French, Germans and Spanish. Canadians, Americans and the rest of the world fill out the balance. As an English speaker, you will feel like a minority for sure!

3) Most of the staff speak only broken English, but so what isn't it part of the fun to try to communicate without a common language! Of course the people who have to know English - like the front counter people - speak it quite well. I'm mostly referring to the cleaners, waiters, etc.

4) The Santo Domingo tour is AMAZING!!!! Its the only way to really see the country. Sitting at the resort, you see nothing of the real Dominican Republic. So instead of going on the "party boat" to Soana Island (or equivalant...), I highly recommend this 15 hour (!!!!) tour. It starts at about 6 am and ends at about 9 pm, but you'll have a real "hardcore" travel experience that you'll never forget. DR is one amazing sight after another. You'll be driving about 3 hours there and 3 hours back + the city tour of Santo Domingo (including the old city). Basically you will see how the country really looks and feels like outside of the artificial world of the resorts. The country is poor but the people are a treat. They are way happer in general that we are and have an energetic, fast-paced life. By going to Santo Domingo, you'll really force yourself to think hard about how the 1st world meets the 3rd...litterally within feet of each other. Its thought provolking and memorable.

5) Buy your souveniers on the beach or outside the report. The gift shop has high prices and does not negotiate!!

6) The sun is HOT!!! Be careful or you'll burn in minutes.

7) The shows are located up by the lobby - far from our room - but we went to one ("Gothica") and it was great.

For this tour I recommend VIP TRAVEL SERVICES and a guide named FELIX (ask at the front counter). He was superb, was really keen, and spoke excellent English.

Negatives:

1) Hot water can be a problem. Since it was cool and stormy the first 3 days we were there, we had no hot water as apparently the hot water is mostly solar heated. Once the sun came out, the hot water came on.

2) A couple of people we spoke with had problems getting all that they were entitled to under the "VIP" package. We didn't have it, so it wasn't an issue.

3) Watch out for the "sharks with 2 legs" that prowl around the lobby. We got tricked into going to another hotel for a "tour" and soon were deep into a heavy sales pitch from "Royal Holiday Travel Club" people. Man, do they put the screws to you. They make used car salesmen back home seem like angels. Really the whole think stinks and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. They expect to put on a bit of a song and dance and then ask for $20,000...ya right...they gave up on me after about my 20th hard question...I was just playing with them by then. But those loosers left us stranded at this other hotel for over an hour while we begged a ride back to our hotel. Since I have come home and done a little poking around, not I see this company for what it is - A TOTAL SCAM!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THE SMILING 2 LEGGED SHARKS FROM "ROYAL HOLIDAY" - Feel free to blow them off for me. Be as rude as you want - they deserve it as they are trying to ruin your holiday and your life!!

I really can't believe that the hotel lets these uniformed scumbags hang around the lobby ("shark central") all day harassing people....But that's the subject of a letter direct to Princess Hotels...

That's about all I can think of to say for now.

It was a great vacation and a wonderful experience. We already long to return to Punta Cana. It really is a bit of paradise on earth!!!!!

Lovely Resort

We returned from the Tropical / Caribe Princess on Feb 1. We travelled with our mostly adult kids and friends and family members. We had a wonderful time here.

The weather was awesome some windy days though so we sat at the pool instead of the beach. The guys in our party of 10 took turns putting the towels out in the am so we could get our spot at the beach/pool.

The entertainment was absolutley entertaining and the 1st night we were very confused as they hardly spoke any english- a few days in and we were understanding more. These young people work very long hours and are very outgoing and friendly. Watch your teenage daughters the boys like to take them for walks on the beach at night!!!

The grounds of this resort are really beautiful and well cared for - the spa is very nice a little $$ though. The rooms and halls very clean and the maids were great we left gifts and tip everyday. No problems at all.

The food was our only problem - some of us were sick but not terribly -- I am a very fussy eater and had a bit of trouble with some things but I always found something that I liked and did not go hungry. The a la carte restaurants were quite good. The coffee was not great but it grew on me (milk is not good.) Bring some tim's and canned milk with you there is a coffee maker in the room. Bring snacks from home too the Lay's chips are imported and cost $6 us a bag. If you have fussy eaters in your group bring some snacks from home you will be craving them by the end of the week.

I went on this site before we left and was quite prepared for our trip - thanks to all of the advice from here we had a great time.

many thanks to all

Sunrise from the beachSunrise from the beach

Stand Up Paddle Boarding in Punta CanaStand Up Paddle Boarding in Punta Cana

The Tour GuideThe Tour Guide

Kids pool area in the backroundKids pool area in the backround

Tropical Princess

by jmm_wifi

Hi roomies, and travelers
What about this hotel is it good, do the 4 stars are well given ...

RE: Tropical Princess

by curlyq

I stayed at the sister resort Punta Cana Princess which is a five star. It was beautiful, no complaints. The rooms are spacious, food was good, friendly staff and beautiful beach. The resorts are identical in looks and offer pretty much the same. Four stars are not much different than five stars. You won't be dissapointed. Enjoy.

punta cana - tropical princess

by rwcanada

Hi were going to punta cana and staying at the Tropical Princess in Jan/2004 has anyone ever stayed there?Any info would be appreciated.Thanks Rob

by marshall1

You must see
Bonao is extra a ordinary destination !
Singles! Families with children! Come to the city of Bonao in the Dominican Republic! Go back to nature on your vacation and you'll save a lot of money.

It's a pleasure to visit such a nice place and meet local people.
Endless roads, breathtaking views of the mountains and wide landscapes. Outdoor opportunities everywhere, from hiking to horseback riding, visiting water falls, and mountaineering- a veritable land for treasure seekers and adventurers.

Free horseback riding, free tours, free free free!!!!! Limited offer until January 30,2004.
Rooms from$10.00

by marshall1

Hi Rob a must see
The people go crazy in Bonao,they Dance and Drink in the Streets for 1 month CARNAVAL!!!--The month of February is an especially festive time in the Dominican Republic—it's Carnaval time!—with music and dance celebrations throughout the month. Starting on the last Sunday of January and increasing in frequency and intensity as the 27th of February approaches, for Carnaval is not only a pre-Lenten festival here, it's also a celebration of Dominican independence. And at the end of August/early September, we celebrate the Merengue Festival across the island. There are also nationwide celebrations of Corpus Christi and Semana Santa (Easter Week), not to mention that each of the cities and towns has its own patron saint, who is honored with lively fiestas patronales. All of these fiestas incorporate song and dance along with other traditional rituals. One of the most popular is the feast of St. John the Baptist on June 24…. There's always something to celebrate here in the Dominican Republic! And music and dance are as important to Dominicans as eating or breathing Location and Directions:In The Streets of Bonao ,they sing ,Dance ,Drink ,and have a merry time.
FREE COUPON:
Tour waterfalls,and free horse back riding 1/2 hour at
www.ranchowendy.com

by student_87

I stayed there last jan. for a week. It is a beautiful resort! My family and I had the best time! It is part of another resort, I am not sure of the new name of it, since it has changed since i was there, but it was called Hodelpa Caribe Club when i was there. There is always a good selection of food to choose from. The people are wonderful, the hotel is really well kept and clean, there were no problems with the rooms, the maids were very friendly, the beaches were amazing, and the whole place was great. I hope you have a good time on your trip!

Punta Cana Princess

by ChristinaBauer

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Punta Cana Princess. I just booked it for September 2nd-9th, and would like to know how it is. There is not much information and pictures of it. I only found some reviews on debbies site as well as tripadvisor, and the recent reviews are not the greatest.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Christina

Re: Punta Cana Princess

by JDDAVE

Chrisina:

We stayed there with my brother-in law & his wife this March. We had a VIP package as part of our second week after a Sunbird cruise ( probably not worth paying extra for this).

The resort is new and consists of all junior suites and adjacent to the Caribe Princess & also the Tropical Princess. It is very quiet in comparison to the other resorts, which we very much enjoyed. There is minimal entertainment, but the main lobby has a bar attached for evening fun and the pool bar is also open until 11:00 p.m. You can also enjoy the use of the adjacent Princess resorts which have entertainment, but are mainly in French & German.

Our room was excellent with a sunken family room /balcony walk-out overlooking the pool bar and ocean. All services were excellent and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

The beach is awesome. You can walk for miles with white coral sand that does not burn your feet on the hottest of days. This is our third time to Punta Cana.

The grounds are not fully developed, but you do have access to the other two adjoining resorts which are much more mature and tropical and there is a very nice walk through a mangrove tree forest to the other resorts. They also offer a golf cart service for transportation between the 3 resorts.

All in all, we had a great time and would certainly recommend it to anyone.

Re: Re: Punta Cana Princess

by ChristinaBauer

Hi,

Thanks for the info!! I can't wait to go! Does it have 24 hour food and drinks? Which rooms would you recommend that are closest to the pool and beach?

Thanks,

Christina

• Jun 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM

This review is to make everyone aware of the guys selling cigars on the beach. THEY ARE ALL FAKE stay away from them!!! Usually a chubbier fellow and a super skinny guy with a scar over his nose roam the beaches. The hotel security is in on the gig too, as they get paid at the end of the sale.No matter what the story is. Tell them you know it's fake, be educated before these guys approach you. I did my research and had them checked out by a real cigar shop! Do not get ripped off like I did. If I can save you the incovuence of getting ripped off I'll be happy. Cheers enjoy your trip