White Sand, carretera Arena Gorda, Bávaro, Punta Cana, 290217, Caribbean

All inclusive

The accommodation is great,
    big rooms, very clean,
    and as you can see
    we found the towel arrangements on our bed..incredible

More about LTI Beach Resort Punta Cana

great holiday

Me and my boyfrien wen to the Lti BEach Resort of Punta Cana for 10 days we found it to be a great resort loads to do although the food was nice it was a bit repeatative i could not wait to get home to get a nice chicken curry !! i would reccomment it its great value

good property lousy service and food!

we used TNT vacations which was our first mistake on our recent trip to the LTI beach resort in january of this year.My wife and our 2 children purchased a 7 day trip through TNT vacations and paid in full well in advance of our departure. Well suprise ; suprise ; the night before our departure we get a call from TNT that the plane won't be leaving the following morning as scheduled , instead it will leave the following afternoon. This would have been a slight inconveniance if we hadn't got another phone call the following afternoon telling us that now the plane would not be leaving untill the next day. "What the !@#$^is that all about" I asked the agent and was told that the plane was having mechanical difficulty. Oh yeah TNT has only one plane to punta cana and it better not break down because you might not leave for your vacation or maybe not return as schedulled either. Yes eventually we got to punta cana 36 hours after our scheduled arrival date.We checked in to the LTI beach resort and were told that the only available room was one with 2 twin beds for all four of us. "What the !@#$$ is that all about I asked the desk agent and was told take it or leave it. This was the begining of our not so great experiance at the LTI beach resort in Punta Cana.The same lousy attitude about service continued throughout the week. we would like to think that we are not the type of people who need pampering but even asking for a glass of water at mealtime would get the occasional sigh or that look of 'what Now' from the waitstaff. One waiter told my wife to go get the glass of milk she asked for herself from the bar not taking into consideration that she was trying to feed both our kids by herself.Oh yeah and where was I you might ask; I would have been there to help her but instead I was at the front desk battling with the reservations superviser for a room with double beds. Maybe too much to ask in this resort also. After the second day at the resort we got the room mess streightened out and got the enjoy the beach and the beautiful weather the remaining four days.
Of course in true TNT fashion at 8 PM the night before our departure date someone slipped a note under our door (which we saw at midnight when we returned to the room) that there was a chage in plans and that we had to be in the lobby at 8:30 am for a 3 hour bus ride to a different airport due to a fuel shortage on the island. Can you believe that? Maybe you say OK thats possible. So we packed our bags at midnight and woke up the kids in the morning and grabbed a quick bite at the breakfast buffett (didn't ask for milk or water) and got on the bus with our 2 kids for a 3 hour very bumpy busride. It isn't over yet!
We were at the airport two more hours waiting to find out if the plane would leave on time and also if it would stop for refueling somewhere else. Scheduled flight time came and passed and an hour later the plane finally took of . It was 4:30 in the afternoon and if we hadn't fed the kids the lousy sandwiches at the airport they would have to be satisfied with 2 bags of pretzels , 2 crackers and an apple given on the flight until the end of our 3 1/2 hour flight home. So you ask was it worth it? I'm still debating the answer to that question. Yes it was wonderfull spending quality time with our kids at the beautifull beach and the resort pool . But it would have been much nicer if TNT had held their end of the bargain and the agent at the Vacation outlet who highly recommended the LTI beach resort had done her homework. This was our second and last time using a vaction package through " TNT vacations "and certainly won't be staying at the German owned LTI beach resort again.

What a beautiful beach!

by TripAdvisor Member TandPBoston_NY

We returned yesterday from LTI Punta Cana and I assure you, you will have a wonderful week if you go there. The beach is beautiful - white sand, and very clean. There are more than enough chairs, and quite a few huts, but you have to be on the beach early for a hut. (Likewise the pool huts.) The pool itself is lovely The staff throughout the resort are extremely helpful and pleasant. Some don't understand English at all, but always try to help. The rooms were very clean, but sometimes our room wouldn't get made up until about 5:00. If you leave little gifts for the cleaning person, you will see a difference in your service! Each room has a mini bar refrigerator that is stocked daily with a gallon of water and two bottles each of 7UP and Pepsi. No alcohol. The best drink is the Bananamomma and it's best if you get it at the el Bucanero restaurant. This resort does not serve frozen drinks and they don't know what you're talking about if you ask for one. They think a frozen drink means 'with ice'. So, forget about frozen daquiris or pina coladas. But, the bananamomma was served frozen on a couple of ocassions. Re the restaurants: el Bucanero is a casual place and has a mixed grill every day. Pork chops, chicken, sausage, ribs, burgers and dogs, sometimes roast beef and fish. The chicken is excellent, the ribs tough but tasty, the beef is always very tough, and I didn't try the burgers but I heard people say they were "different". You won't go hungry here. The main buffet restaurant - men cannot wear shorts or flip-flops or they will not let you enter. The food here I found to be not quite as good as other resorts. I also thought the selection was limited. Also, there is a cat that roams this restaurant daily and I didn't like that at all. There are two other restaurants - an Italian (Trattoria) and a seafood, both of which require a reservation for dinner. The Italian is pizza - your choice of many different pizzas, some of which you must pay for. Also there is a tiny buffet with salads and desserts. The seafood restaurant offers a several course dinner with full, excellent service. This is quite a bit more formal than the others. No buffet here and the food is the best of the resort. Several menu items are additional charges. Up the beach just beyond the water sports center, you will find a large group of vendor stands and you can find pretty much anything you're looking for. It's only about a 5 minute (or less) walk up the beach. Be sure to offer them LESS THAN HALF of what they're asking and stick to your guns!!! (For example, I bought a few beach wraps. They quoted me $40 each and I ended up paying $7!) It's a fun time shoppping! The resort had a few power outages during our stay. Usually they didn't last very long. The shows are not worth your time so don't be disappointed if you miss them. We went once and that was enough.

All in all, you'll have a good time. Enjoy that beautiful beach!!!

Georgeous resort...but small and compact!

by TripAdvisor Member jzd

My husband and two adult children just returned ...12/26/-12/31/03.
Unfortunately I was a bit queasy the entire trip. I think I may have eaten a bad clam at the seafood restaurant. However, I still managed to have a very relaxing time with my family. we had 2 rooms which were impeccable and close to everything. Actually, since the resort is very compact, I believe all rooms are centrally located. The resort is run by a German company and the German ladies think nothing of going topless in and around the pol and beach. After seeing about 3 topless, I got used to it. Although the little children were completely naked, which I never got use to! The men in all shapes and sizes wear little Speedo suits which now gives my husband "his right" to wear one on the Jersey shore...beware Americans!!! The language spoken by the staff was Spanish...very little English was spoken...or understood. The housekeeping staff was meticulous and were the rooms. I brought some jewelry that I no longer wear and put the articles in baggies with ribbons attached and gave the girls a "present" each day. They were delighted and so I was with their expressions! The food was plentiful...if you knew what you were eating. I think they cater to Germans, in the food catagory. I did manage to eat fine and so did my husband, but the kids were a bit more careful. Breakfast was eggs over light, ham..NO bacon, croussants, coffee (too strong for me) orange or pineapple juice. They serves cereals, great pineapples, melons, papaya...no straberries! yogurt and all types of sliced meat, hot and cold German fare. Lunch was pasta, pizza or grilled meats; hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, french fries. Dinner was okay. We ate at the buffet the first night. Seems like they have the same thing daily. The seafood restaurant was okay...but you had to pay "extra" for the good stuff. The Italizn restaurant was horrible. All they served was pizza.
My husband and I may return again...but without the kids. Not enough night action for them. For us...it was usally in the room by 9 so he could watch ALL the sports on the satellite TV. That really made the rip for him..as for me...my stomach is still queasy!!

Great Time!

by TripAdvisor Member catmox

Spent 12/25 - 1/1/04 at LTI and had a fabulous time. Didn't go to eat hamburgers/or hot dogs so can't say we were disappointed in either as some readers have stated. The pizza was great but we preferred the other restraunts because we snack on pizza here at home. Can't imagine anyone would go away hungry. Found the food delicious, healthy and pleasantly served. Appreciated the smoking/non smoking areas in the restraunts. The frozen drinks were good, some times they needed to add ice as they weren't frozen, found this mainly right at opening time and when it was really really busy. Just went to another "bar" and got a frozen one if we wanted. I guess no one could constantly provide frozen drinks but knew if we "had" to drink one on ice the next would be frozen. Really enjoyed the Presidente beer. The rooms were spotless and quiet. Did not have to listen to our neighbors tv or conversations. Did not have any encounters with any other "rude" vacationers, regardless of their nationality. One "American" tourist stated he did not like the "towel rule" and did not observe it. He commented some people put their towels out and then went on tours. We never found this to be true. He stated after an hour he used the chairs any way. I am surprised he spent his vacation time checking his watch on the times other vacationers were away from their chairs! We simply found other chairs and enjoyed the weather. beach and pool. I know for vacationers with small children having the same spot was good so that the children would know the basic location on a daily basis. One family with two small children did put their children down for naps daily and then returned.
I think we all appreciated this as every one knows children can get tired and become cranking but I guess the one American guy didn't like the idea of this family leaving their chairs for his hour time limit.
We didn't go for constant provided entertainment. We enjoyed what they provided, read, walked, rode horses, shopped and enjoyed the water and sun. We had done our "homework" on the Punta Cana area and knew what was and wasn't there. Think everyone should know before booking a vacation what they expect and make sure what you want is provided where you are staying. We were surprised at the fact that some vacationers view the toplessness as entertaining while others simply view it as a fact of life. We try not to vacation in the same spot twice because there are just to many different places we want to experience. We must say tho, if we were to ever repeat a vacation, LTI would be it.

Great Vacation

This was our fourth trip to the D.R and we knew what to expect. We read many reviews on the hotel before we left home. We found the food to be very good and plenty of it. There was food available 24 hrs a day. Yes, the hotel is small and compact compared to others but this a Plus.
Everything is relatively close by, one never has to walk a mile to get where they are going. The hotel grounds are well maintained. The rooms are spotless, large and sound proof. It does take a little to get use to the window in the bathroom door, but one can always hang a towel over it. We found the pool to colder then usual but it made for a refreshing swim. We found that the bars always had plenty of staff to serve you, never did you have to wait long for a drink. (I found this to be a problem with other hotels in the D.R.) The beach in Punta Cana is nicest beach on the island and runs for miles in both directions. We found a couple of small problems but nothing major. The staff at the front desk could be a little more helpful by not making you wait 5 minutes before they felt like talking to you. Also, they charge you to play pool and table soccer. This is a all inclusive resort, why the charge ? Overall we enjoyed the week at the resort and would recommend it to our friends.

Very good place for a winter break

by TripAdvisor Member krandy21784

My wife and I just returned from a six night trip to this resort. The ocean was beautiful, the staff couldn't have been better and mor friendly, and the rooms were great. I agree with other reviewers that the food runs from average to good.

My recommendation is to research the offerings before committing to any one restuarant. You can always resort to burgers and wurst if you see nothing else. The beer is great..Presidente which I now fi9nd that it is sole in Md, The drinks are okay.

The best restuarant is the Seafood restuarant which is 4 star service.

We highly recommend and will return.

TNT is who we booked through and they were great with an on-site rep.

Okay Vacation...

Where do I start?

My family and I stayed at LTI from 12/28/03 until 01/03/04. Upon arrival, they served us drinks right away which was very nice. Our room was in building number 4 and room number 4010. It was nice and convenient.. in the middle of everything. The glass door to the bathroom was uncomfortable, but a bed sheet over it solved the problem.
The food got lame... very lame. Everyday, it seemed to repeat. One day they would have eggs, and the next day they would put the left over eggs into another dish. My father and I both got stomach problems from that. The nightly shows were very funny. My parents won the "Ideal couple" contest... for those of you who were there on 01/02/04 (you would know.)

There are activities in the day hours on the beach and by the pool (aerobics, dance, pingpong, etc.)

We stayed at the Occidental Flamenco 2 years ago, and it was alot better.

Shopping- Always bargain!!! Give them a price, if they don't want to give it to you for that exact price.. Don't worry, there are many shops with the same things in them.

Dinner- You have to dress up.

Beach- Beautiful, but it was too windy to do any watersports or take a swim

Any questions? Please don't hesitate to e-mail me

NOTE: If anyone videotaped the nightly show on 01/02/04, please let me know.

Dominican Republic

by grovier

As we where working we decided to get in a place where we could take a lay...So we choosed a resort called Punta Cana Beach Resort(now it change to a golf resort nore expansive). That place was a wonderful one and we spent there a week, very fine, and stressless.
Beach covered of palm trees, mangrove, the sea is always quiet because the coral reef, and the water warm even in November.

"Bavaro..."

is a nice place too, but residents are quite different, and the hotels are VERY big, its quite a town so we didn't stayed there.
On the other hand, in direction of the west, a little fishermen village called San Juanito where its easier to go with a boat.
Nice trip, and very nice place.

"Santo Domingo"

Its a big town, but we were disapointed by the architectural aspects.
A colored market...The Cathedral with a surprising nativity...Some streets... The casttle...
Near Santo Domingo a cave los tres Ojos...

We styed 3 days more in Bocca Chica...No comment.

lti beach resort, punta cana... and weather in july/ august?

by kathrynandchris

my partner and i are travelling to punta cana on 31st july, i have heard it is the rainy season then?! will this ruin our trip as i was hoping for it fo be nice and sunny for the whole of the two week...

and also, we are staying in the LTI beach resort on bavaro beach just wondering if any one else has stayed there. Would really appreciate your thoughts on the place as we havnt been able to get much information about the place other than the main website ect. thanks for your help. kathryn x

Comments