Playa Bayahibe, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Dominican's Best Hotel

by HawaiianKukiniNui about Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

This is 5 star 498 guest room resort which is affordable, on the ocean front, a wide range of amenities, and out of the way from the hustle and bustle of city life. Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus provides an immense amount of space indoors and outdoors so guests, arriving from around the world never feel crowded.

An expansive central garden is flanked by colonnades, fountains, and pools. One pool holds flamingos whose pastel plumage and tranquil grace symbolize the resort's colors, design, and appeal. Surrounded by an immense sundeck furnished with padded lounge chairs and thatched shades, the enormous lagoon-style main pool provides ample room for undisturbed paddling. It contains a garden isle with a raised, 20-person, cool-water spa for social soaking. One end of the pool features a sloping "beach entry" that leads into a shallow toddlers' section. Adjacent to this pool is a round, 70-foot diameter "quiet pool." Nearby, a rectangular pool offers water games.

Twice weekly an orchestra accompanies ballroom dancing in the elegant, open-air Green Salon adjacent to the lobby. The salon mirrors the Hermitage Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia, down to details like a delicate metal-and-paint decorative band near the ceiling and immense chandeliers.

Additional Information
Iberostar will not, under any circumstances, allow Spring Breakers at their resorts. Therefore, only 2 adults maximum will be allowed in the same room March 1 - April 17. 3 night minimum stay required at this resort. La Romana International Airport is 15 minutes away. La Romana center (shopping, entertainment) - 30 minutes drive away.
Check in: 4 p.m.
Check out: 11 a.m. All-Inclusive Plan includes:
-Unlimited food and drink
-Dominican and imported alcoholic beverages and house wines
-Sparkling wines with meals, minibar water, beer, and soft drinks
-Non-motorized water-sports equipment, fitness and recreation facilities
-All resort activities and entertainments
-Health spa's steam room and hot and cool spas
-Supervised children's club (ages 4-12)
-Taxes and gratuities

Dining:
El Colonial Gourmet Restaurant- Gourmet a la carte dining. Reservations required. Men are required to wear a dress shirt, long pants (no jeans) and dress shoes.
El Ingenio Restaurant- Serving International cuisine, buffet style, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Men are required to wear a shirt with sleeves, and proper footwear (no sandals). Bermuda shorts are allowed.
La Geisha Japanese Restaurant- An a la carte restaurant serving Japanese cuisine. Reservations required. Men are required to wear a dress shirt, long pants (no jeans) and dress shoes.
La Goleta Steak House- An a la carte Steak House. Reservations required. Men are required to wear a dress shirt, long pants (no jeans) and dress shoes.
La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant- An a la carte restaurant serving Mexican cuisine. Reservations required. Men are required to wear a dress shirt, long pants (no jeans) and dress shoes.

Amenities
5 Restaurants Activities/Tours Assistance Aerobics
Archery Bar/Lounge Billiards
Cable/Satellite TV Children's Activities Children's Pool
Fitness/Exercise Room Gift Shop Grocery Store
Internet Access ($) Jacuzzi Kids Club
Massage ($) Medical Services ($) Meeting Rooms
Nightclub Nightly Entertainment Safe Deposit Box
Sailing Scuba Diving ($) Swimming Pool(s)
Tennis Court(s) Volleyball Wedding Services

Golf Nearby
Snorkeling Nearby

A nice resort

by margaux about Hacienda Dominicus Bayahibe

Well, just check out their website and see for yourself

The appartments are situated in small blocks with a patio and the pool is not far. They have 6 restaurants with on table serving or buffet and everything is provided, from Internet to tennis and from diving to sailing. Everything is for free (at least for an hour a day) and the diving instructors are great! Drinks can be served in the swimmingpool, which has a waterbar. :-)

Benga, Benga

"Super Excellante' " was the talk around this beautiful pool swim-up bar and Ricardo was the man serving the drinks! If you end up going to see Ricardo make sure you get one of his famous "Ricardo Specials".This place is a dream. There was 56 people that headed south for Jeff & Tara's wedding at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and we were shocked as soon as we got off the bus ride to the resort. Marble tiled floors covered the reception of the resort with friendly people that smiled and said "Ola, Welcome". We knew that they picked a great spot to get married.The wedding was held in the middle of the resort under the gazebo that was home for the flamingos, swans and ducks. They decorated the background with the lush palm trees and running water works. The grounds staff know how to look after there grounds and do a brilliant job at it. The wedding went without a hitch and everyone had a great view of the bride and groom. Thanks for the memories. Now about the staff, honourable mention to a few people there. Ricardo as discussed before with his magic behind the pool bar, Andrew for the photos that he took with all the animals sitting on our shoulders- "Bling, Bling". Freddie was the real entertainer with his crazy antics as a policeman, he always had something to say to you to keep you smiling and relaxed all day. Plus, crazy legs Victor who always had you dancing up a storm like Leroy from Fame. Of course I can't forget about the late night boys Benjamin & Emmanuel for cooking up a storm after the night club had finished for the night. These guys are worth a moment to talk to and they can give you a great sense of what it is like to live as a Dominican, you can see them around 11:30pm for those late nighters in the Mexican. Good luck on your English test Benjamin. Overall the resort was bliss with it's warm coloured lodgings and thatched roofs. You felt save and no one was there to really bug you, even if all you felt like doing was sitting under your and we had a blast on the power boats - a must do. I would recommend this place to anyone and seeing that this was my very first "all inclusive resort" the next one will be hard to live up to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus.

A Week in Paradise!!

Our trip started on May 18th and ended May 25th, and it was gone in the blink of an eye. We arrived in Punta Cana airport around 1:30 pm and was greeted by our tour guide Josse, who gave us our information packages to look over during our 1 1/2 hour bus ride to Hacienda Dominicus. We should have known it was going to be an awesome trip when she gave us our packet, and said we had an "great room", believe me when I say the word great is an injustice. The bus ride was quick and refreshments were provided. When we arrived at the hotel we were given our bracelets (which you need for to show you are a guest at the hotel) and greeting with a tropical fruit drink....yummy!! We then just briefly checked in at the front desk and headed off to our room. We were in bldg. 4 which we had requested through our travel agent. Our room number was 4121, located on the second floor, in the corner. We had a king size bed and a balcony the that overlooked the pool one side but seeing how it was a corner it wrapped around the other side where we had a beautiful view of the beach. You wouldn't think you would spend a lot of time on the balcony but let me tell you after a day of being in the sun, it is a welcome rest. Our 1st day there we decided on our specialty restaurants and booked them that afternoon. We had the Japanese, Mexican and the Steak house. They were all fantastic. Surprisingly, and I think it was because of all the reviews I read, I expected the Steak house to be really below average, but I was surprised on how good it was. The buffet was excellent and the staff was incredible. They were always friendly and prompt to your needs. The entertainment staff, namely, Fernando and Elizabeth, really went out of their way on a daily basis to get the guests involved in some sort of activity. They had many activities held right on the beach, vollyball, meringue lessons, aerobics...and they would even do a "olympic" contest which ended in a beer drinking contest. Of course there were also the catave. In the event of rain, which May is their rainy season, so it rained for a maybe a 1/2 hour to an hour everyday, they would find an indoor activity for people. Everynight they would have a show in the theater...given that they really don't have many props and probably not any professional training in dance or acting they did an awesome job. A lot of the nights they would ask for audience participation and if you are the kind of person, (like we were) who loves to have fun, it is a blast. Guaranteed if you love a good laugh. After the theater would end it would be off to the disco that opened at 11, they same staff that was preforming would come right over and dance the night away...where they got their energy is unreal. Narcy is the guy to see at the theater bar..and at the disco bar. Although tips are included we always tipped. Even if it was a dollar or two, we figured we would do it if we were home so it should be no different on vacation...and believe me the bartender would certainly remember you on return visits...they would finish their customer and even if there was a full bar waiting for drinks, they would serve you first!! The lobby bar was extremely nice also, nice place to sit and relax before or after dinner...although it is open all day. The grounds were remarkably clean and gorgeous isn't the word. Fresh flowers everyday in your room, which was cleaned top to bottom on a daily basis. They offer daily excursions which are not included but are worth the little bit you pay. We did a Moonlight catamaran/boose cruise one night with dancing and drinking...it was a blast...only $25 a person and we also did a "drive your own speedboat" excursion. Let me say that we paid $50 pp for this and it was definitely worth a lot more than that. It was a half day excursion that let us drive out into the Carribean to a sand bar where we stopped and got out, did a toast with the guides and went snorkeling. Then back to the place where we got the speed boats and they took us out to awesome snorkeling place. orkeling gear, but if you didn't they provieded it to you. We did that for a while before we returned to the resort...it was unbelievable. The only thing I would tell you not to do is to visit the vendors on the beach. They will not leave you alone. They won't invade your space but it is not the kind of place that you can just browse. If you are in their area you will be haunted by them. Other than that, this was probably the best vacation I have ever been on and I wouldn't hesitate on going to another Iberostar resort anywhere.

The Best of Food, Attention, Beaches, Fun and Price!

I was there 4 days (June 22th -26th) and there is an excellent option, if you want to go to La Romana/Bayahibe area. Tremendous attention, marvelous facilities, big swimming pool, big and relaxant beach, exquisite food (except Japanese Restaurant, medium low profile, the camarera is so fool, sorry). you will have experience the architectural views and fashional decoration. Very impresive shows and the people always smiling and kidding you as posible on nice manner. Good price but always look for arrivals to la Romana or Punta Cana Airports (3 hours route is so long when you arrive at noon). I found this hotel reviewing recommendations instead of some Punta Cana hotels comments with diarrhea problems (...). I will come back and I recommend strongly for you. excelent Spa facility. People are available to speak English, French, Italian, German and of course Spanish. There are separated areas from spectacles of rooms and thus, this is a no noisy hotel.
please make exchange at the airport. Be there and you will sleep sweety at the Beach

Awesome!

This hotel was unbelievable. We stayed in June and were concerened about bad weather but had perfect weather everyday.Pluses: Beautiful beach, gorgeous pools, grounds were immaculate, staff extremely friendly, great frozen drinks, great rooms, water was fine with my party to drink, pay the extra to go snorkeling - it was awesome and they take you to a private island afterwards and serve fresh fruit and play tropical music, the crazy wheels tour (extra) was also quite good and worth the money (bring bandanas to cover your face), it was also very empty in June - plenty of room in restaurants and around the pool!Minuses: The food was good but left to sit out a bit too long so don't be late for the buffets, stay away from the obvious-fish and red meat, I got very sick off of some fish; stay away from the peddlers on the beach - they'll rope you right in; they only have domestic beer which wasn't very good; I do not reccomend going off the resort to explore the town/go shopping.Overall, the resort was great and I would definately go back.

Very much worth it

We arrived at the hotel in September 2002, this was the most beautiful hotel I ever saw. The staff and management were great. Thank you RamonGustavo(cappucino), and of course Vanessa in the lobby bar(Brandy Alexander)! We are now starting to plan our next trip there. Thank You All! Spencer and Rosi Blackshear

lovely jubbly

THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!! this hotel is too under-sold by tour operators. i've never seen so many options and so much variety for all meals. the beach was superb. the pool area was never crowded considering the hotel was full the people were fantastic and the service was outstanding!!! If you want to do excursions the dont miss out on Catalina island and book it through a guy called 'Apolinar' with "Tour Inter". great guy and well organised excursion. The highlight of our trip! Drinks galore and fantastic weather. Also met some great people. A big HI to Allan & Dorothy from Huddersfield And BIG UP to Steve & Mandy from Bristol. Next holiday is definitely another Iberostar in Mexico!!!

Bayahibe, La Romana -Republica Dominicana

by rosariobello

"Playa de Bayahibe"

La Romana is a province of the Dominican Republic. The capital is also named La Romana, and is the third-largest town in the country. The province was split from La Altagracia in 1968, and includes both Isla Saona and Isla Catalina.

La Romana is also home to Casa de Campo, one of the world's largest resorts and top golfing destinations. The "Teeth of the Dog" golf course is world-renowned, and many international and local artists perform at "Altos de Chavon", an artistic community and university.
The province as of June 20 2006 is divided into the following municipalities (municipios) and municipal districts (distrito municipal - D.M.) within them:[1]

Guaymate
La Romana
La Caleta (D.M.)
Villa Hermosa
Cumayasa (D.M.)
The following is a sortable table of the municipalities with population figures as of the 2002 census. Urban population are those living in the seats (cabeceras literally heads) of municipalities or of municipal districts. Rural population are those living in the districts (Secciones literally sections) and neighborhoods (Parajes literally places) outside of them.[2]

Casa Del Mar, near Bayahibe

by Canadian_girl

Okay, okay, so my trip to the Dominican was one of the wimp-out package holidays at a resort. Not real adventure travelling, I know, but exactly what I needed after 4 long years of university: the chance to lie on a beach, drink pina coladas, and think about nothing at all.

We did take a day trip away from the resort out into the Dominican countryside, and got a small taste of what everyday life must be like for the residents. This was enough to convince me that any future vacationing will be done outside of resorts in order to give some benefit to the local populations, instead of giant faceless multinationals.

But I have to admit, it was still a great trip.. Even if my compulsive addiction to SPF 45 sunscreen meant that I came back just as pale as when I left. ;-)

Bayahibe beachBayahibe beach

bayahibe ???

by garyliverpool

hi there, ill be visiting on the 11th january and staying at the canoa coral bayhibe.

has anyone stayed there ??

any advice????

thanks a lot

Transportation from Santo Domingo to Bayahibe

by Chrystine

I am in need of getting from Santo Domingo airport to the Canoa Coral Hilton in Bayibe. I am traveling with 7 children and my husband. What is the cheapest way to get there and most reliable?
Any help appreciated

by gerryandsally

Hi, Found the best way for travel was Taxi. There are many 8-10 seaters and prices are published near taxi ranks. hope this is a help

by cb123

The Canoa Coral Hilton most likely will have a bus from the Airport to your hotel. CHeck into that. Or publis buses are Cheap to get around in.

by jodssmile

I would say, let someone who lives there drive, is CRZY driving!
Taxi are good option, especially can fit lot into, and noone cares or will check anyway.
Public buses are cheap, but many times crammed in with the locals depending on where at.
If you can prearrange a shuttle from your hotel, this is best option in my opinion! Room for luggage that way too. Your hotel or if used travel agent should be able to hook up one with you beforehand!

by lamgceles2

AS ONE OF THE POSTS SAYS, THE BETTER WAY TO GET THERE IS IN A TAXI. PLEASE LOOK AT ME IF YOU ARE GOING THERE. I AM A TAXI DRIVER. PLEASE CALL ME AT 809 796 3373. THE RIDE TAKES 3.5 HOUR FROM SDQ TO BAYAHIBE. I AM ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU OF A SAFETY RIDE. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU,

THE TAXI

Transport From La Romana Airport to Bayahibe

by weereen

I arrive at LMR at 17.00 on Sunday night what is the nest way to get from the airport to Bayahibe.
Are there any local buses or shared taxis that can be pre-booked.
How much should I expect to pay?

Also, any advice on small hotels or apartments in Bayahibe/Punta Cana/Bavaro/Semana - Not All Inc.

Thanks

Re: Transport From La Romana Airport to Bayahibe

by marielexoteria

I'm not entirely sure of how to go from La Romana airport anywhere, but I imagine that there are taxis waiting for passengers.

You could try taking a cab to the bus stop to Bayahíbe, located on the corner of Avenida Libertad and Calle Restauración (info as of 2009) and from there take one of the second class buses. The bus costs approximately 1.50 US (as of 2009) and the ride takes between 20 and 30 minutes.

I don't know how much the taxi ride costs, but haggle until you find a price that seems fair.

I don't really know any non all-inclusive hotels in that area and those that I knew of have closed.

Comments