Oasis Canoa

Playa Dominicus | (formerly Canoa Coral Resort), Bayahibe 2973, Dominican Republic

Be Live Canoa
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Good price/quality balance

I liked the animation team of Be live Canoa (actual name) very much: they learned me the bachatta dance and much more. They motivated me all the time to have an active sporty vacation time!
    The food could have been better but then again the very nice and beautyfull people working there made up to it.
    One should never forget that it is a developing country with mostly very poor people.
    Anyway I enjoyed my vacation a lot and didn't got really sick from the food.
    The room was very nice and the bed was perfect!
    The television was defective and the clock was broken... but then again I didn't really need them since life was good and free of stress over there!
    The swimming pool was not enough desinfected with chlorine and may give some infections in the ears, nose or eyes! Beware since every day insects of all kinds may fall into the water to drawn and the many tropical birds bombard the water regularly with droppings!
    Always use a lot of DEET 50% to repell mosquito's and sandflees (jejenes) since you can get Malaria tropica and /or Dengue... something they don't speak about in the travel agencies.
    I certainly recommend this hotel for the price I paid: 910€ for two weeks all inclusive.

Unique Quality: Unique quality: the animation team: Shakira, miss Banana, Supersalami, Stephanie, Mr.CocaCola... and many more people made my stay very nice. The seeviews are also remarkable and romantic with a splendid tropical garden.

More about Oasis Canoa

When I visited in May I stayed...

by y_perez

When I visited in May I stayed at a lush five star hotel in La Romana, called Coral Canoa. It was absolutely beautiful. The people, the service, and most of all the food!

Coral Canoa Beach Resort and...

by bethygirl24

Coral Canoa Beach Resort and Spa
La Romana, Dominican Republic
We went on an all inclusive deal with a charter company. I would highly recomment TNT Vacations when looking into this vacation! The hotel staff were incredible! The 'Chocolate Friends' put on nightly entertainment, and involved the guests in everything they did. Housekeeping would leave towel 'swans' with fresh flowers when they made up the room. Everyone was pleasant, and extremely friendly!

Bayahibe's Best Hotel!

by Patricialuv about Hotel Coral Canoa

This is a five star ***** hotel, from the barcelo coral chain hotels that are located all throughout the country. This hotel offers an all-inclusive service, with drinks, meals, water sports, club scenes, and many more extracurricular activities for everyone to enjoy.

Coral Canoa by Hilton

I have recently returned from my third trip to the DR....and yes i will be back in two months...Puerta Plata was my first venture 3 years ago...it was good...for what we payed...then last year I discovered Spa Quest...and I stayed at Coral Canoa Resort and Spa...Wow...all inclusive - my spa vacation was incredible...I stayed in the Penthouse units...with fruit basket upon arrival and sweets/chocolates at my door nightly....the most amazing room service, Food is great quality...the grounds are absolutely phenomenal...They are very well kept and the staff is exceptional...I went back a few weeks ago in May....and this time, i stayed as a non-spa guest...It was equally special...this trip enabled me to enjoy the resort more, I still had treatments at the Coral Essence Spa...but just not daily like i did the last year.. This year Hilton has bought the Coral Hotels...There was a slight difference. You had the guys/gals in white trying to get you to listen to a speal on time shares...They raised the modestly level in the spa.. but the services were still exceptional...and the key to this particular place, it is all about the people that work there...They are friendly, warm, funny, considerate, and love their jobs....The Chocolate Friends are always a big highlight...because of their "Broadway - NY" quality nightly performances.... For the price and what you get in return, this is a sure winner on any day....Coral Canoa taken in its entirety is a wonderfully inexpensive vacation.....that ensures five star services....smiles...Enjoy...

Great for families

We went to the Coral Canoa in February of this year, and it was just beautiful. The weather is fantastic. We had two small children (1 1/2 and 3 1/2) and the place was wonderful for them. The water is the perfect temperature for us and our kids, and there is virtually no undertoe, even when the waves are a little bigger. The kids went in every day with us. The pool has a big "jacuzzi" that is basically a warm kiddy pool - they loved it. The food was not the best - they have to mix all kinds of stuff together (sardines in peas? can't I just get peas?). Bring a jar of peanut butter if you have kids, even the pasta has a strange taste for them. Also, bring big cups (they give you tiny cups - drinks are gone in a second) and we brought a cooler which was great - we'd take the bottled water from our room and keep it cool all day long on the beach. Great place!!!

the "NOT" all-inclusive resort

My wife and I just got back on 11/22/03 from a one week stay at Canoa Coral and have both positive and negative comments to share. On the positive side, the grounds are absolutely beautiful, even prettier at night with all the decorative lights. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and at all time helpful whatever your needs may be.
The main pool is great with a great swim up bar, dont forget to ask for the Banama Mama(with lots of rum of course). The accomodations were ok but if you get a chance to upgrade to one of the four villas on the property it is definitely worth the money as they are much more spacious with a furnished deck off the back and a private four person hottub off one of the sliders, but be prepared to have an occassional guest every now and then show up in the rooms(Lizards-very friendly though). The food is your typical all inclusive food, nothing mouth watering but it serves it purpose. Now lets talk about the word "All-inclusive". Once at the resort, you will learn a few things that you nor I were aware of and had no way of knowing before you went.
There are three main restaurants on the property other than the everyday buffet. The Carribean Grill-which if you choose to eat there find out that it will cost each person$18.95. There is also an Italian and Mexican restaurant however when you go to make reservations, you learn that during your one week stay, you are entitled to eat at each restaurant on only one occassions, then the remainder of your week it is either pay for your food or the buffet. I also learned that at all restaurants, if you did not bring long pants and only dress shorts with a button up collar shirt and dress shoes, this is not good enough and you will not be allowed access. So there I stood in the above mentioned apparel and was not allowed access but people who had on ripped blue jeans, sneakers, work boots and tank tops were allowed in-real classy restaurants. As far as alcohol goes, hopefully you like the island beer(Presidente), because if you dont and prefer Miller, Bud, Corona or any other kind of beer you can think of, guess what, it is not included and your paying for it. Hopefully, you will see now why I dont think this resort should be called an "All-inclusive" because I have never been to this type of an "All-inclusive" before. One last thing, be prepared to pay a minimum of $30.00 for a cab from La Romana airport to the resort as the resort does not provide transportation to or from the airport.

Amazing, I didn't want to leave

It was amazing, a trip to remember and to vist over and over. All inclusive was awesome, alcohol and great food. The "Chocolate Friends" made you feel welcome and were always looking for people to party with.
I think my boyfriend and myself knew everyone at the resort by the end of the week. Everyone knew you by name, which was really nice. To go on a holiday and feel like your there with your second family sure makes it easy to make new friends and stay in touch with them. Everyone is so friendly, the land is beautiful, great weather. . . there is no way anyone could go there and be dissapointed. I came home and recommended going back with all my friends, currently were planning another trip there soon.

Great trip will deffenitly return!!!

Well it was a fabulous resort!! The chocolate Friends were the best part of the trip! How they remembered our names and faces. The live shows at night were great. Food was good. The only complaint was the water was too rocky, you needed help to get in, instead of being able to run and jump in. The day trips were fun and priced alright. So overall I would deffenitly go back again.

Coral Canoa

by haleyscat

Hi,

Just booked a trip to Coral Conoa May 31- 1st week in June. I have never been off the east coast of the US. WHat should I expect? Will the weather be ok? will the bugs be bad? Is there anything specific I should see or bring?

All info is appreciated!I cannot wait for this trip!

Thanks!