3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Best Vacation Ever!!!

We just came back from our 5 nights vacation. We were so worried about not having a good time after reading the negative reviews about it. Guys we had a great time there. The Resort is gorgeous and all the employees were great. Great food and great shows and parties.

The only thing we did not like at all were the rooms inside, they were clean but very old. This was the only negative thing about the Resort. Also, be careful of taking the River Trip were you eat fruits that is offered by the tour agency in the resort, it was not worth the money at all very boring and nothing into it.

We would go back again and again and again .... If you are not that picky about the rooms then I can assure you, you will have the best time ever!!!

Unique Quality: The Resort is gorgeous and all the employees were great. Great food and great shows and parties.

More about Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach

The East Coast's Palace

by Adidi about Viva Dominicus Palace

I recommend this hotel to everyone, service is great, rooms are terrific, food is really good. It has one of the most beautifull beaches in the country, Great service, the animation staff is the best!

Not Impressed

We just returned from a trip to the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach Resort and it was not pretty. Issues abound:

- Inadequate rooms assigned for the guests involved (a single bed for two adults and two children).
- Replacement rooms plagued with issues from lack of cleanliness to air conditioning failure.
- Room service never providing us with neither the correct amount of towels nor any soap. Having spend six days there you would think they had a good idea how many people were staying in the room.
- Pools looked dirty all the time (murky water).
- One pool in particular (central pool) lacked any water drainage, which was a major safety hazard for us all (guests and employees).
- Nightly entertainment shows were full of sexual inuendo and gestures from the performers towards the audience, which was disturbing given the large amount of children attending these shows, many of them sitting in front row.
- Hotel employees simply lacked the willingness and disposition to take care of us as guests/customers. It's either their tropical culture or quite frankly the philosophy of the local management but the lack of customer service clearly showed. We really needed to be very insistent to get their attention.
- There is clearly no distinction between 'adult' and 'family' areas: Their loud nightly entertainment would go on into the late evening hours and could be heard from quite a distance. You could also clearly notice the mixture of demographics from people with families/children sharing the same areas with people that went there to party and get drunk. If you have children, think twice before going to this hotel.

This is unfortunate because the location is beautiful and the beaches are spectacular. If they only focused more on service and families, although it seemed they catered a great deal to Europeans (Italians, Germans, French), many more people would come. At this point however, this is one hotel I will not recommend to others.

Wonderful Huge Beach

by TripAdvisor Member mn403

We just returned from Viva Dominicus Palace and we were pleasantly surprised. After reading all the negative responses by who knows what they were thinking or feeling we very apprehensive, but it turned out those past comments were probably an attack on the resort by an unhappy visitor. Starting with the arrival we landed at La Romana and had scheduled a pick up at the airport by customer service at Viva Dominicus Beach. After we cleared customs and immigration it was a short walk to the front door and our driver had a sign with our name on it to whisk us away to our hotel. We arrived at Viva Dominicus Beach after a short 20 ride through a lot a back country type roads and saw the beach for the first time. Beach resort moved us to Palace resort and then we were shown to our room and it was very nice. The grounds were well kept and our room was very spacious with a King size bed and sofa and stove and refrigerator and iron and ironing board. I had signed up for Wyndham by request which was good advice and there were snacks and drinks waiting for us in our room. After we settled in the room we went to the pool bar and had a drink and a hamburger and hot dog. The hamburger had seasonings in the meat and we didn’t particularly care for it even though my wife ate one every day, just make sure the chef cooks it well done. The hot dog was not to my liking even though there were several people eating them like they were fantastic. They tasted more like soy dogs to me but they were edible. We were so tired after our long day that we went to bed the first day at 8:30 PM and I arose at 7:30 AM the next morning. The beach was beautiful with hundreds of 20 foot tall Coconut Palm trees so there was plenty of shade. I had a hard time visualizing the size of the beach with Viva Dominicus Beach and Viva Dominicus Palace next to each other but imagine a beach approximately 2 miles long and there you have it. Both resorts shared the 2 miles of beach, gorgeous. The sheer size was what took my breath when you add 4000 people to a beach you have to have plenty of room and that is what you had, lots of room. Now by in no way could you expect privacy there was not but there was plenty of space and beach lounges for everyone. We would lay on the beach under the shade of a coconut tree until noon and then go into the main dining room the Yucca restaurant. The choice of food was excellent even though some of it I had never seen or tasted before, you have to have an open mind and be a little experimental. I saw a couple of dishes with the so called soy hot dogs I never tried but I tried the rest and was very pleased. Overall the food in the Yucca restaurant was very good at breakfast you could have pancakes, French toast, eggs your way or an omelet your way and at the other meals there was always a good selection including fruits, salads, deserts, main course, pizza and chicken and beef cooked as you like it. We made reservations at Escala, the Mexican restaurant and Bambu Restaurant which were all excellent with food and service. Our personal favorite was the Bambu Restaurant. All the drinks at the bars were very good a little to sweet and fruity for me but they were very plentiful. The hotel has a gift shop and their prices were not bad but the village of Bayahibe was just outside the gate of the front door approximately 50 yards and you could walk down the street and meet all the vendors on the main street. Our favorite shop was the Mini Market, they seemed to have the best prices and selection and you didn’t have to bargain with them to get the best price. The beach housed beach vendors next the water sports shop. If you stepped across the line you were immediately bombarded with a salesman from one of these shops and he would take you to his shop. The prices that they gave first were generally 4 times what they would sell the item for. These vendors were not allowed on the beach in front of the resort and they remained in their own little section. I was advised not to rent a car and I followed that advice because of the danger involved. Once we got to Dominican Republic I found out it is very remote and the roads are not that wide, they are pretty good but limited sight and few road signs. Our time was spent on the beach enjoying the sun and the surf. Snorkeling was great thanks to Dwight from NC he loaned me his mask because I forgot mine. They do not have them for rent or use on the beach you have to bring one or but it there.

Over all I would say the trip was a huge success and we are ready to go back soon. My suggestion is to remember that this is a foreign country and don’t drink the water.

This is what I call a tropical vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member Carioca1

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach Resort
Bayahibe, Dominican Republic

We live in Michigan and after a long, cold winter, always crave warm tropical weather! When we consider where to travel, weather is always the most important factor. So here goes my family vacation review.

Airline: American Airlines (primary airline use to and from). Booked directly at ------, but used ---------- as guide to find best travel times and rates.

Ground transportation: From Santo Domingo airport to hotel. 90 min drive. Booked thru -------. Service Provide was Hotelbeds (-----------) Total price for 3 passengers: US$ 123.00 tax included.

Hotel reservation: Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach - Room type: Superior (all-inclusive). Booked thru ----------. Kids under 12 stay free.

We arrived late to the hotel due to airline delays. Our room had only one bed and we requested two since we had our daughter with us. The front desk said no problem they would get us a bed. While waiting, I noticed that the air conditioner was not working. An electrician showed up and could not fix the problem. The front desk quickly moved and upgraded us to a wonderful room with kitchenette area. The next morning the cleaning staff supervisor showed up with two cleaning ladies. I generously tipped them all and showed them what I wanted cleaned. The supervisor also introduced us to the maid that would be cleaning our room for the rest of our stay. All went very smooth and the staff is always more that willing to help out.

Weather: Beautiful, average 87 degrees, 5 min mist sprinkle on one day.
Beach: Beautiful, lots of lounge chairs, activities (futebol, bocce ball, volleyball), lifeguard, topless women (most over 50 yrs old, not very visible). Sand not white, but better than any beach close to us. Water not crystal clear like at St. Maarten, but very refreshing and wonderful coral reefs close by to snorkel.

Pool: There are three pools, we visited 2. Primarily we used the main pool that has a kiddie's pool attached and the other one was all the same depth (5.2 ft). After about 2pm, the pools cleared out and we usually had it all to ourselves. I believe it was "siesta" time. We brought several pool floats and toys and then left them there.

PS When a male or female Viva Club employee (Tag lists promotion) comes up to you and asks, "Where are you from?" Be prepared to either to blow them off or be willing to sit thru a session (presentation) regarding becoming a Club member. I did not participate so not sure what is offered. Someone told me they were selling something for US$10,000.00.

Kids Club (Ages 4 - 12): We went horseback riding with the Kids Club, but would not ever leave my child there alone. There was one supervisor for 14 kids and no English spoken. It offered lots of activities, but again I would recommend that a parent tag along.

Excursion Programs: We didn't do any, but here are some that were offered:

Catalina Island, Saona Island, Crazy Wheels, Sunset Catamaran, Casino, Santo Domingo City Tour, Rent a Boat, Dominibus, Bayahibe Runners, Funny boat, Horse back riding, La Romana shopping, Altos & Rio Chavon, Fishing outings, snorkeling in Bayahibe reef, temporary tattoos and probably more.

Food: I reminded myself that we came here for the weather, not food!
La Terraza - Free - Buffet restaurant for all meals. Large variety of foods ranging from sandwiches to heavy meals. All the meals we had here were basic. Nothing was delicious, but neither bad. No complaints from us. Remember that they are cooking for hundreds of people. If you want great food, do not go to an all-inclusive. A few flies had to be shooed away but not bothersome. We did not eat any of the salad or cut up fruit fixings. I took can fruit from US for my daughter to eat. A friend of mine got very ill from eating lettuce that was washed in tap water at close by hotel.

Grill - Also free. Serving hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers (cheese) and cakes.

Pizzeria - Also free. Brick oven cooked. Delicious. 7pm - 7am.

La Scala, Viva Mexico, Yuca, Bambu ( I think there is one more?) are all reservations only! If you want to make reservation, you must do so the same day. BE AT THE GUEST SERVICE DESK BY 8AM OR YOU WILL NOT GET ONE!!! Fee: $5 per person (Beach Resort guests). We went to La Scala and the food and service was delicious. I highly recommend it. We did somewhat dress up (formal casual) as other did except for a table of 20 Americans that all wore baseball caps. I was told that the dress code has been lowered due to American styles.

Other tidbits: I did get my hair washed and styled at the Metamorphosis Spa for $20.00. I really felt pampered. This may seems senseless to some, but with little ones, sitting doing nothing while someone else tends to me is close to royal treatment.

Stores on property sell everything, but obviously bring as much as you can. The bag of Cheetos I purchased for my daughter cost me US$7. The resort also has internet center, bank, gym and nail salon. Also, the resort on certain nights allows local vendor to come on the property and sell their goods. There are stores outside of the resort....STAY to the left side. The stores to the right side will hound you to death. I am originally from Brasil and now first hand about vendors hounding customers, but I have never, never felt so threatened by these local vendor. My husband luckily was with me and basically told the vendor that he did not want to see my husband pissed off!! They just yelled at us as we walked away.

As others reported, during the first week of April, there were no masses of gnats or bugs, but we did find mosquitoes (they were slow and easy to kill) and always put on bug repellent with deet nightly prior to going out for dinner.

Be sure to know basic words in Spanish. English is not widely spoken. Spanish, Italian, French, German and then English. The reception desk and guest services speak English. The animation team spoke some English. Remember that I wrote notes to the maid in Spanish (I think I wrote in Spanish, if not, it was Portuguese). So if you want more water or a leaving a gift, go to website that does translation and be prepared with notes or phrases ahead of time.

Daily activities: Animation team very energetic. Games all day, dancing and lots of fun. Nightly shows 9:45pm very entertaining. The shows were loud, but we were there to have fun.

Tip, tip, and tip: We ate meals at the same area everyday. So the same staff waited on us. We tipped them well and we always had prompt service. We tipped maid after 1st major cleaning and then after we requested more water be left in our fridge. I left little notes with cash (US$). Tipped bartender at bar we frequented most often and any returns, we were prompted with drinks ready for us. With all tips, I left a little M&M character filled with candy. I read other reviews were people took gifts, but ultimately, they want money, but the M&M added a special touch and made me more memorable (which is why I am tipping!). On our last day, I left all pool items and several other goodies plus cash for our room maid. We were told that if she is to receive these items, we had to leave a note with instructions or else, they will have to turn in to supervisors.

THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT FOR US!!!! We went as Wyndham By Request member. All member get access to both Beach and Palace Resorts, plus no fee for reservation only restaurants. They consider the members VIP. You will notice that majority of guests have blue bracelets on and the others (member) have yellow or tiger color bracelets. WBR members are treated very, very, very well. When we arrived, we had cheese, crackers, cookies, apple juice, beer and wine ready for our arrival. These are choice we listed when we signed up for WBR.

Summary: We had a fabulous time. We wanted a tropical vacation and that is exactly what we got. One of the aspects that I really enjoyed was that I never felt crowded in. Everywhere I went there was plenty of room. I would not change any aspect of our trip for our next year visit. We will still take the anti-malaria drug, hep A and certain cleaning measures to insure a safe, fun vacation. Good friends went to Puerto Plata that same week and all ended up with the Dominican flu. She said just about everyone in the resort caught it. What a disappointment for all! To some my preventative methods may seem useless, but to me it is working. Remember that this review is my families' opinion and we could not ask for a better vacation for the value we paid.
To view the layout of the resort, go to: ------------- (We stayed in room 3103 and enjoyed).

Would go back in a heartbeat

by TripAdvisor Member slb76

I must admit I was a bit scared reading some of the posts on this site prior to our visit last week. We went with a group (total of 10 adults) for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. I find it interesting that many people commented about the pools having murky water. Although we did not encounter this, I wonder why these folks weren't out in the crystal clear, absolutely gorgeous water. We spent at least 2 hours in the water each day.

The employees were the best - "Frank the Cowboy" was one of our favorites, and the bartenders were all extremely kind.

We stayed in a beachfront bungalow and consistently had to turn up the temperature in the room because it was so cold.

The food was pretty good for an all inclusive in my opinion. Our best meal by far was at La Scala which is at Viva Dominicus Palace right next door. ($10 surcharge but free for Wyndham By Request members.)

I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants to relax, and have a good time in such a beautiful country.

OK

by TripAdvisor Member screwballgene

I have been remiss in not adding our comments on Dominicus Beach. We went back in August of 2004. The week was beautiful, even as a Hurricane passed very quickly to our south bringing rain. The beach is beautiful as described by others and the facilities are comparable to other All Inclusive resorts we have stayed. We went with another family and although we were Wyndham Club members, and even though we made reservations for 4 rooms, they only had one listed with 2 rooms. To their credit, they quickly rectified the problem by giving us a different rooms. Unfortunately two of the rooms seemed not to be used for various reasons (ie= Door did not lock, tv broken, toilet did not work). I also had a problem getting them to come and fix the toilet-finally having to go & stand at the front desk until maintenance came ( this after 50+ calls where they promised to come & never came). Because we were club members, we were able to use the facilities at the Palace. The food was much better at the Palace. For American's we were disappointed as others and honestly don't feel we are picky eaters and this is not our focus so this was not a major problem- but would be for many as has been noted. It was our hope that this would have improved with Wyndham buying the property(we have had great experience with the quality of Wyndham in the US), but was not the case. Finally, even though we used bottled water and thought we were careful, 4 of the 9 people min our party got pretty sick with Montezuma's revenge. We assume it must be from the use of water in the cooking process since no other explanation was logical(we even brushed our teeth with the bottled water supplied). We have been to allinclusives in Cancun & Riviera Maya & had no such problems with even drinking their water. All in all it was still a good time and good value since the cost was much less- but beware you do get what you pay for. The people on staff were wonderful and friendly & it is good to meet other people from Europe as we were among maybe only 25-30 Americans at the resort. Having said this though we would not go back.

It is ok, if you can adapt yourself....

by TripAdvisor Member Teozio

Well, adapting comes easier if you know what you can get. Here are some insider tips.
I was at the Dominicus Beach for one week (1st-8th of January 06) with my girlfriend. I am Italian, she is German, and we boarded in Paris, with a French tour operator. She didn't know where we were going, since i wanted to make her a surprise. Our flight company was Star Airline, the airplane a young (6 years old) Airbus 330. We left from CDG airport in time (4.20 pm). After a bit less than 8 hours we landed in Punta Cana. And here you have the first impact with the Dominican Republic. I am not talking about the long wished and warm air right outside the airplane (more than welcome, indeed), but about the unfriendly and unorganized mass of turists pushed in front of the immigration desks. Unfriendly, due to the long flight, and unorganized, due to the local authorities'lack of rules.
We were circa 400 people trying to mantain some civil behaviour, but quickly everything collapsed after the arrival of another bounch of tourists. I have to remark that, since I was the only Italian there, it was funny to see Canadians and French trying to pass over each other. Behind me, a lovely Canadian she-family (doughter, mother and grandma), took 5 minutes to pass me silently over on the right wing (and notice that the grandma was the most pushy of the team). They ended up in front of me right when it was my girlfriend turn to passport check. As typical German, she quickly stepped again in front of the lady (I looove to watch women's behaviour in this moments). Surprisingly, the lady complained about the fact that my girlfriend didn't respect the line....Oh well!
Moving on, the bags were already waiting at the belt. We reached the hotel after 1 hour by bus.
The reception was fine: we were 20 people to check in with only 1 receptionist, but it didn't take too long.
1st insider tip:
before to book the room at the Wyndham, subscribe their crm program (Whyndham ByRequest) on the internet site of Wyndham. This will give you small but welcome plus. Normally you get a different bracelet (that you have always to wear, due to the All Inclusive formula of the hotel), priority when reserving tables at some restaurants, higher attention at the room service, etc.
Since I didn't book the hotel directly, but through a French tour operator, I perceived that the ByRequest program is not as fully supported by the hotel as if I would have booked directly.
Anyway, the second day I found in my room a wonderful plate of fruits (for my girlfriend) and a bottle of local wine (for me). But, surprise surprise, no bottle opener. Guess how many time I had to call the reception for getting one? Well, instead of an aperitive, I had a good after party drink!

Even if I asked to the tour operator to get a bungalow (which I considered more charming than the superior room included in the package), I got a nice and cousy room, garden view, groundfloor. No jokes, it was good, with 2 king size beds, spacious bathroom, cable tv. It was located in one of the 3 Wyndham buildings, reserved for the ByRequest guests.
Now, if you are thinking to get a bungalow (where I stayed 4 years ago), forget about it. The rooms are cleaner, bigger and with a huge window providing lots of light. Bungalow are, yes, more charming, but only when you are outside. Inside they are less spacious and darker.
After reading the comments on this site, I learned from our American friends that it is a good habit to leave some coins for the room keeper. So as to get a more efficient service. Well, believe me, I tryed and tryed. I left for 2 days 1 euro over the tv, inside the ashtray...But no success. At the 3rd day I decided to turn the euro into a more known dollar, but nothing has changed!
Well, I am more than satisfied for the room service. No complains at all. Specially if you consider that my girlfriend uses to drink more water than a camel. The fridge never lacked of this transparent gold.

Ok, you just woke up, it is 9 am, and you would like to have breakfast. If you follow your instinct, you will do a mistake! Put your shoes on, and run as fast as you can to get your towels, next to the swimmingpool. Then be ready to wear a kind of Terminator scanner and search for a free deckchair on the beach. At the first sight they all might look free. But it is just an optical illusion, since the deckchairs are green and the towels are....green. Every space is reserved with a damn green towel, but no human being is around, so that you doubt that what you see is real. But, convince yourself, it is real. In fact, with the stomach full of delicious caribbian fruits, the "enemy" tourist starts to flow from the buffet area down to the beach, conscious that their beloved/hated towel keep their chair warm and safe. Don't worry, tomorrow you will be one of them.
Now relax and prepare yourself for a long walk on the two extreme sides of the beach. You will apreciate the beauty of the palmes, the color of the water and the quality of the sand. Everything deserve 5 star. The central side of the beach, right below the swimmingpool, is good only for the younger audience. In fact, it is the area where the animation team is able to do what they do best: chaos.
If you are young and single (or young and in couple, and a bit masochist), stay there. You will have fun, dance and play a lot, know many people and fall in love for somebody.
If you are young, not single, not masochist, neither merenghe fun, then join the right side of the beach. From the buffet area to the grill restaurant the beach gives you the opportunity to find a relaxing area made exactly for you.
Insider tip n.2:
At lunch, forget the main buffet restaurant. Go to the grill restaurant, where it is possible to have a smaller but more charming buffet (for the evening you still have to book it). This may work only during the high season.
The view from this restaurant is very nice, romantic, I would say.
The service at the buffet is quite slow, but acceptable. I never had problems to communicate with them, since Spanish and Italian are very similar. But I recognize that some can not speak english. My girlfriend gave up to ask for things in english. But she was more than happy to show that her Italian lessions were not wasted money.

Insider tip n.3:
if you are still surprised to hear that Italian is the official spoken language, then you didn't read this site.
I explain you why: the Dominicus Beach has been built circa 20 years ago by an Italian gentleman. 6 years ago, he built the new Wyndham next door, the Dominicus Palace. Since the beginning, therefore, the hotel's first target was the Italian tourism: very active, very easy, close to the Central America life style. The Italian strongest tour operator for the two Dominicus (Teorema) provides circa the 60% of the clients (the total availability is for 2.200 guests). The other Italian operators, circa 20%.
The remaining 20% is shared between Canadians and French (with the company Transat), Americans (mostly through direct booking), wealthy Dominicans (just during the week end) and few Swiss and Austrian.
Recap: around 90% of the guests (in high seasons)are Europeans/South Europeans. This means that you may end up in some cute women or girls sun bathing without bra (oh yes), in lots of noisy, funny (almost always) and good looking guys, in people often dressed like there is a catwalk ready for them, etc, etc. So, if you are a young guy alone, you will have fun. If you are a couple looking for fun but also relax, you will find it. If you a bit more aged, you will find this wonderful youth an interesting anomaly. And if you have cildren, just be sure that your baby doesn't play with the flamingos.

I could tell you many other things, but I leave them for private communications. Just for you to know, me and my girlfriend are still together. At the end, it was not so bad!

Don't waste your money

-Food- aweful, stringy, and made us all sick

-Service- depends... waitors were good, but room service only cleaned if you left them pesos on the bed in the morning. Overall, there was a clear hostility towards americans. Not a good experience at all.

-Hotel- breathtaking. If you don't mind food poisoning and rude service, it's a good place to take a pretty picture.

-Beach- also beautiful.

Absolutely, by far, the WORST vacation we have ever been on.
For starters, we went with the Santo Domingo airport... HUGE mistake. We figured we would take the 40 minute busride to save a few hundred dollars on air fare. The ride was well over and hour and the driver charged us 90 dollars. At the airport, no one, and I mean NO ONE spoke english. This was a permanent problem throughout the rest of the trip. The entire country was extremely hostile towards americans... no one seemed to want anything to do with us. Our drive to the hotel consisted of over an hour of looking at poor slums with small children running up to the bus and trying to open our windows!!! They were apparently trying to sell us candles... it was quite scary. Not to mention the 5 or so dead dogs we saw on the side of the road. The country was extremely dirty and poor... it was sad and unpleasant to watch.

Once we reached the resort, it was beautiful. A huge main building with nothing but tropical plants and gorgeous beaches. We thought, "hey, this may turn out ok after all"... we were wrong.

Our room was fine althought the air conditioning periodically turned off for no apparent reason. The hotel stewardesses would only make you towel animals if you left them money on the bed, although when we did the animals were very cute.

Now for the worst part... YOU WILL CRINGE WHEN YOU READ THIS:
My fiancee could not come with us on the initial plane trip due to military obligations. He arrived 2 days later in the middle of the night. I reserved a private taxi company and reconfirmed his reservations 4 times between the booking and the date of arrival. When he arrived, he was stared down by several locals and there was no sign of the driver. He called the number listed and 90 minutes later, Rafael Silva showed up... He stopped for coffee on the way to the resort (at 3am) and pulled a gun out of the center console, stuck it in his pants, and ran in... Talk about a nightmare.

Once my fiancee arrived we thought everything would be ok... Again, wrong. On day 3 my father got food poisoning. On day 4 I got food poisoning. On day 6 my fiancee and my mother both got food poisoning. We were running to the toilet every 5 minutes... Not to mention that the food was gross to begin with. It was tough, lacked variety, and we didn't know what we were tasting. The most frustrating part was no one in the entire place spoke english, not even the guests!!! They were all from Germany and Spain. It was horrible and frustrating.

I strongly recommend you stay away from the Dominican altogether.

Not lux, but fun..

by TripAdvisor Member MichaelMancini

If you wonder a luxurious place like hotel you can find in Thailand or Bahamas you have no reason to get there.. but if you want to have fun, with italian peolpe (95% of visitors), this is the ideal place. Rooms ara spacious, the garden is well keeped, restaurants are great (mexican, grill, italian, thai, pizzeria, etc.).
The water in the beach is very clean, more that the water outside all other hotels in Bayahibe.

Wonderful time

by filthyfrog

"The tour"

When we were looking to go to the dom rep we really wanted to see some of the island away from the resorts, we read on the net about taking school supplies form the children. The trip was wonderful and very interesting to see how poor some of the villages are, you get to go to a Haitian village and see a voodoo doctor. The pic is in one such village and the kids are great and really apreciate the gifts.
The mony raised from the trips go to building schools as education is not compuslary on the island

"Beach"

With all that said above its always nice to get on the beach too, and what a beach, everthing I dreamed a Caribean beach would be, as it was my first time in the Caribean I was like a kid with a new toy, snorkeling all day in and out the sea.
We stayed at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, great place, only one tiny moan and that is it was mainly Italian guest so the entertainment was not in english and mthe staff spoke fluent Italian but not English, this did not spoil our holiday in any way except it was hard to mingle.

So, for our first time on holiday in the caribean, first time without kids all can isay is it wont be our last and I'm trawling the internet daily for good deals to go again.
Hope you can see the pic its the voodoo man.

The swim up barThe swim up bar

Champagne Party on the dockChampagne Party on the dock

The BeachThe Beach

SunsetSunset

Going to Dominican Republic

by sicklysweet

I'm looking into going to the Dominican Republic for an all-inclusive trip. I was just looking for suggestions in terms of quality of accommodations as well as the distance from sights/things to do/places to go.

One place I was looking at is the Costa Caribe Coral Hilton in San Pedro de Macoras

Re: Going to Dominican Republic

by Adidi

some other options that are really good:

Barceló Bavaro Beach
Barceló Bavaro Punta Cana
Viva Dominicus Palace
Viva Dominicus Beach

im sure you'll like those as well...

If you need more, you can always PM me! :)
Take Care,
Adriana, La Misma

Dom.Rep.trip

by spicar

Hi,

I'm in Athens Greece,working and though it's summer here,i can't go for holidays.But i don't care as i'm planning my trip to DR in November.
But i want everything to be perfect and though from the tourist office they say it's ok in my every question,
i really want your oppinion:
1)How is the weather in November?It'll be rainning in Greece and that's what i want to avoid by going to DR!
If it's only a short shower it's ok,but if it's rainning for 2-3 days,it's disaster.
2)The hotel they suggested from the
tour.off.is "Casa Del Mar" in Bayahibe or "Viva Dominicus" ,so,anyone who has been there?
3)Are the beaches in Punta Cana private by the hotels or anybody can
go and swim there?
4)After 1 week in Bayahibe i'll visit Samana and Puerto Plata.Bus or plane?How much does each cost?
And if i decide to fly,while i'm there,will i find a seat?Are there many flights per day to POP or Samana?

Thanks

Re: Dom.Rep.trip

by mabu

hiya

the weather in DR should be nice in november, of course its possible that you will get some rain (short tropical rainshower).
I've stayed in Bayahibe this march. If you want to be near the village where the locals live go to the "Casa de Mar" if you want to be near lots of other tourist resorts go to "Viva Dominicus" the beaches at both places are very nice, probably the one in Bayahibe (Casa del Mar) a bit less crowded. See my Bayahibe page for more Info.
I know there is a bus from La Romana to Puerto Plata and probably a flight connection too from La Romana. don't know anything about the cost.

greetings,
mabü

Re: Dom.Rep.trip

by acohiba

From Punta Cana to Puerto Plata by plane is about $80 each way, so I would imagine that it's about the same to travel from Bayahibe (I don't think that they travel from there however) to pop or samana. As well the flights to Puerto Plata I believe are only once or twice a day, whereas the buses are travelling more constantly than that. The bus from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata is about $8-9. It does take longer but is the cheaper way to go. Bus is the way I would suggest to travel.

Comments