Rancho Wendy Bonao

See Amenities

Should have sayed longer

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2004

I had a great time in the DR but if I where to do it again I would spend more time up in the Mountains. I found the people around Bonao very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere has a lot fewer tourists orientated. I spent three-days hiking around and could have spent more. I was staying at Rancho Wendy, which is a great location 2 minutes from Bonao and easy access to tones of great hiking. If you are going to Bonao make sure you hike up to some of the waterfalls behind Ranch Wendy. I hear that there are also great caves around but did not have time to go see them myself.

Cheers, Mike

Unique Quality: Comfortable low-key place so stay in the mountains around Bonao.

Directions: Once in Bonao ask for the 'Barrio de los Gringos' an upperclass neighbourhood. There is one main road keep on it till you get to a T junction and on your left is a golf course. Turn left and keep on this road for 10km till you get to 'Los Quemados'.

BANJEROOS's Profile Photo

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC'S BEST KEPT SECRET

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 2, 2004

WE STAYED IN THE MONTH OF APRIL, THE WEATHER WAS NICE WITH NO BUGS TO WORRY ABOUT. THE HOSTS WERE GREAT AND THE FOOD EXCELLENT. THE ROOMS WERE VERY NICE WITH DIFFERENT RATES DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT.

Unique Quality: VERY PRIVATE AND RELAXING.

Directions: MOUNTAIN RETREAT

• Room Service
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Bonao Travel Forum

Need advice about Bonao, Dominican Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Bonao and ask our Answer Gurus.