Calle la Punta # 1, Cabarete, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

Rated 13% higher but also costs 33% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Velero Beach Resort

hotel

by alwaysLate

Any advice about where to stay in cabarete? I'm going on friday

RE: hotel

by lagence

We suggest either the Velero Beach resort or Ali's Surf Camp. We DO NOT recommend Seavistas

Re: hotel

by pierre01

Don t stay in the hotel " los locos d enfrente "

very bad hotel , bad location, very hot in room , bad electricity ; no internet, selfish owner..
very very bad hotel

advice for first time visitors

by lixa

We're very interested in travelling to the Dominican Republic in April. We have 2 weeks of vacation and are primarily interested in appreciating the beauty of the island, swimming, snorkeling, other water sports, and experiencing the island without feeling obligated to DO anything.
So we'd like to stay somewhere where getting to a nice beach (esp. for swimming and snorkeling) is super easy,
somewhere where we feel safe (is safety ever an issue?).
Does anyone have any advice on the best areas to stay?
Are all-inclusive hotel packages are the way to go or can we count on being able to find enough restaurants, grocery stores, etc. on our own?
Also, we'd be interested in ecotourism if there are any suggestions?
Looking forward to getting advice!

RE: advice for first time visitors

by curlyq

I make the visit to this beautiful island each April myself. For you first visit I would recommend an AI resort. There are many great ones depending on which part you stay. Punta Cana has white beaches and clear waters, but not much to do outside the resort. There is no city nearby. Resorts to stay at in Punta Cana would be Occidental, Princess, Bavaro complex. Puerta Plata on the north coast is just as nice. The sand is not as white and the water isn't as clear but you are ten minutes from the city, local night spots, shopping and restaurants. I would definately go exploring outside the resort, it's completely safe, and a great way to see the "real" Dominican Republic. Resorts in POP are Iberostar, I've stayed there three times. I highly recommend it. Great service and wonderful people to make your stay unforgettable. The Coral Marien by Hilton is next door, another nice resort. All resorts offer water sports and day excursions to other parts of the island. Hope this helps. Sorry my reply was so long. Enjoy your vacation.

RE: advice for first time visitors

by limey64

If you are looking for watersports, beware that the Holy Week is from April8-17 2006 and NO watersports are available. I have been to Punta Cana 3 times and always stay at the Iberostar Bavaro. I have some pictures on my homepage. If you would like to see others send me an email.

If you just want to lie on a beach, then go to Punta Cana. If you want to explore a town go to Puerto Plata. The Bahia Principe San Juan is a good hotel in Puerto Plata.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Have a great vacation!!