Lifestyle Crown Villas

Satisfaction Average

More about Lifestyle Crown Villas

Absolutely loved it!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member memere2126

We returned last Saturday morning, March 15th, from our trip to Lifestyle Crown Villas in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. We booked this through an owner which was a wonderful experience. I must say I was skeptical but everything was just as I expected. I was the one who booked the trip for all four couples so I was a little nervous that It would not be to everyone's liking. My trepidation was unfounded. Everyone loved it.

The Crown Villa, which was not a new model, was beautiful in itself. It had four bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths with our own private pool. We were a group of four couples who have travelled together in the past. We had a maid, Exelia, who was very willing to do anything to make our stay pleasant. We could have had breakfast cooked at our villa every day, however, we chose to have it only two mornings. The next day after arrival and the day we were leaving.

This was an all inclusive resort and we were required to pay the resort $37.50 per person per day for food and drinks. A very good value for the money. We certainly got our money's worth. As we were guests of the owner and he was a VIP member, we had all top shelf liquors and great restaurants to choose from, especially the VIP Gourmet Restaurant. We went there two evenings and both times the food was excellent. The other restaurants varied. Blue Lagoon was OK, not excellent but still not bad. Some of us liked our food at the Blue Lagoon but some did not. Bellini Italian Restaurant was excellent. The best lasagna I have ever had. We also tried the Mexican Restaurant and if it were up to me, I would not ever go back there. I had the fajitas and they were so spicy hot I could not eat any of it.
The Buffet food was very good and I must say we all went there after our experience with the Mexican.

The VIp Beach was amazing. The beds on the beach were so comfortable, I fell asleep. Because of the VIP membership of the owner, we ate and drank at the VIP areas to our hearts content. We were always able to find a bed if we searched long enough. We usually made it to the beach in the early afternoon.

If you go as a guest of the owner and he has VIP privileges, do not miss the Sunday Night Party at the VIP Beach. The food was amazing and the desserts were to die for.

We took one excursion, a catamaran snorkel cruise.(Tip Top Catamaran). Wonderful day and a wonderful crew. Food was good on the catamaran too. The crew put up the sails for the ride back. This was an all day excursion. Certainly worth it.

My husband and I also took a helicopter ride from the resort. It was only 15 minutes but it was amazing.

The only down moment was the golf cart. It broke down 3 times and the last time they replaced it (thanks to Agustin in VIp Reception) and then it got stolen three times. Each time it was found and returned.

Bright spots as far as employees go, Agustin in VIP Reception was extremely helpful. Exelia always had a bright smile. We found the Domincan people very warm and friendly. My husband even got friendly with the security guard who was teaching him some spanish. He even made a special effort to come say goodbye to us. We did give the security guards some water and Pepsi as it is a long hot day and night for them. They were so appreciative.

All in all a great vacation. I would book through the same owner again as he was so helpful and concerned that our vacation would be wonderful.

Make sure you are on a VIP package!

by TripAdvisor Member WineGirl1

We just returned from a week in a three-bedroom villa that we purchased from a VIP owner. Our group consisted of 6 adult family members, including my parents. The owner sold us on a top-notch experience of the villa vacation and VIP priviledges, utilizing the website as a primary selling tool.

Although the the villa was clean, it was certainly not as luxurious as advertised on the website or by the owner. The beds were not comfortable and the refrigerator needed to be replaced (it leaked all over the floor and the shelf broke sending glass beer bottles crashing to the ground). The grounds and pool were well kept, although the light in the pool was broken, making swimming in the evening a little difficult. When we asked to have it fixed, they said that it was not possible. Our refrigerator was stocked with soft drinks, water and beer, although we kept having to ask them to increase the quantity since we had six people (they were only providing one bottle of water per person). The housekeeping was excellent, although you definitely need to brush up on spanish to communicate with the staff. They were friendly and more helpful everyday (we tipped everyday too).

I agree with the other review that having VIP status is critical in getting the best privileges on the resort. If you rent a Villa from anyone else, your experience will probably not be very good. The VIP areas are as promised with unlimited top-shelf beverages and very nice amenities. The staff was friendly, but the service was average. Again, tipping definitely helped.

The check in-check out process could be improved greatly. It is not well organized and if you arrive without a VIP host available, you will likely have to wait. At least they send you down to a nice cafe with snacks and beverages while you wait. Check out is at 11:30 sharp and if you are not out, they charge you. The problem is that there is no secure place to put your luggage between check out and your trip to the airport, so it just sits out on the curb in the sun. They have a "security guard", but we did not feel comfortable with that.

The food experience was probably our least favorite part of the whole trip. The buffet was practically inedible (we couldn't tell once dish from the next by taste) and the restaurants are passable. We ate most frequently at the italian restaurant, Bellini, for lunch and dinner.

There is a fantastic restaurant on the property called Trapiche which is not included in the "all-inclusive", and is not promoted by the resort at all. We were so tired of the dining options, that we decided to spend the additional money and experienced by far our best meal of the trip. We would have dined there every night had we discovered it sooner, even with the additional expense. My brother-in-law is still talking about the ceviche appetizer! I hope the resort starts supporting the restaurant a little because it was fantastic.

One other thing to note. You can rent a golf cart for an additional charge. Although you might not always use it to get around, I do recommend renting one, as several people mentioned that they wished they had. Be aware though, our cart was stolen from our driveway once and from a restaurant another time (with no key in it) and we had to search the property ourselves to find it and take it back!

If the villa were as nice as promised on the website, and the food was better, we would go back to this property every year.

Relaxing Place, wonderful time, not the greatest though...

by TripAdvisor Member jpmacd

We booked through an owner, a 3 BR villa.

Villa
The villas was not a newer villa but in decent shape. Everything worked and no need for immediate repair. The beds are very uncomfortable as well as the furniture. You will go home with a sore back. In fact the beds on the beach were more comfortable than the villa and the kids were asking if they could just sleep on the beach. We brought in the pads from the lounge chairs to sit on in the living room, as they were more comfortable than the seats there. The air worked well, the pool and kitchen fine. The air conditioner was very loud when turning on and off and would wake you from your sleep, also the windows had shutters on them without a screen or exterior window so the bugs had free access to come in through the slats. We didn't get too many mosquitos though. The fridge was always stocked with drinks. We left a note for more beer and water and it was stocked right full. Our maid was prompt for breakfast and made some wonderful eggs and juice every day, we stopped that service near the end so we could try the buffet for brunch.

Beach and Pools
Renting from an owner and having VIP access is the ONLY way to go! We were treated like royalty on the beach and pool. The VIP beach was easy to find a bed everyday and the drinks and snacks readily available. We spent most of our time at the VIP beach but also tried VIP World (pool) it was great as well.

Food
We ate at the VIP gourmet three nights, food was excellent there. We also tried the Mexican, Chinese, Italian and buffett. Italian was not bad, the rest were absolutely horrible. If we had to eat the buffet everyday we would have suffered. Only could find one or two items that we could even eat. The breakfast buffet was good. Suffered stomach and "bathroom" issues upon leaving and coming home.

People and place.
The employees at the resort were fantastic, tons of workers everywhere and all had a smile on their face and eager to help. We tipped well but witnessed others who did not and couldn't tell any difference in service to them. We were approached 7 times to take a timeshare tour. Their methods were progressively more aggressive, so if this bothers you, be prepared. They offered free tickets to the beach party and Casino show( which you get free anyway) free photos, etc. We were prepared and refused the "10 minute" tour. When I offered to pay off the man, he finally left us alone, another started up though, probably looking for the payoff.

Other
The shuttle from the airport was ready, as we were an hour late arriving, and whisked us off to the resort. The drive there and back was frightening. No road rules exist and our driver was speeding through town, intersections, pedestrians, and scooters. It is best to shut your eyes until you arrive.

When we arrived at the resort, we were offered a deal to switch out of the villa into a junior suite and we would receive a free vacation and our money back on this vacation, we refused.

We went to OceanWorld and had a great time doing the Dolphin swim and Sea Lion Encounter

Overall we had a great time, we would recommend it to others as long as you are prepared but won't go back again.

Paradise Lost

by TripAdvisor Member Beachlovin

We booked a 4 bedroom villa, with VIP status, from a Lifestyle Member listed on eBay.

Upon arrival at the resort, there was confusion, due to a reporting error of the size of our party, (which was provided on 3 separate occasions) to be 3 adults. This obviously caused significant problems, due to fact that the resort was expecting a party of 8 adults. They negotiated us a counter deal to take two one-bedroom apartments and to cancel our 3 VIP inclusive fees to compensate our loss of the 4 bedroom villa.

The Residence apartments were somewhat dated, but comfortable, except for the concrete couch and bed, which were very uncomfortable.

The resort grounds were beautiful and very well maintained by a large staff of service people. However, unless you had a golf cart, you were forced to walk, typically 2-3 miles per day to visit beach, shops or restuarants, which created some safety problems during the nighttime, as the sidewalks and stairways were not well lighted and the walking surfaces were uneven.

The best restaurant in the resort was Bellini's, the worst were VIP Gourmet and Blue Lagoon. The lasagna, pizzas and spaghetti dishes and services were excellent at Bellini's. We waited for several nights to obtain a treasured reservation at VIP Gourmet, which proved to be a lot of hype of upscale dining, with exclusive dinner choices, but proved to be one of the worst meals during our 7 day stay. We all ordered the VIP Filet, which came with much culinary fluff and frills, but with little inspection, we found that what appeared to be a 2" beef fillet mignon, ACTUALLY was a 1/4" sub-quality, fatty, tough piece of beef, sitting on 2 pieces of vegetables. The entire meal was of poor quality and entirely unsatisfactory. The second runner up of worst meal is awarded to Blue Lagoon - - billed as an exclusive steak and seafood resturant - - of which they failed in both cases. Again, the beef fillet was fatty and could not be consumed and the fish selection was poor and prepared inadequately.

I have made two trips to Lifestyle Resorts - my first & my last..

High Expectations-mostly met.

by TripAdvisor Member BearNewHaven

We came to this resort as a result of an RCI trade. We bought the upgraded VIP package before arrival.

There is a true cast system in place. Lifestyle owners (automatic VIP status), who get additional privledges, such as (use of golf carts); followed by others who upgrade to VIP status (our situation-no golf cart), but use of a shuttle service, followed by those at the resort without VIP status (these may be the walkers from the review below).

VIP(ers) get access to a special beach, and pool area, each with beds available to lay out on during the day, special towel and waitress service, and upgradged top shelf alcohol at each of these locations. Lunch menu's with food delivered (mostly burgers and chicken sandwiches which were not very good), sushi (cooked) which was good. You're probably better off going to the buffet for lunch, which we did a couple of times.

Grounds and villa's were beautiful and having our maid in every morning to cook breakfast was outstanding. (Thanks Christina-very well done!!).

Guards stationed around the complex made all feel secure. Feel free to drop them off a bottle of soda...they truly appreciated it.

Check in went smoothly (once we got there) thanks to Junior, a new employee who made sure he did everything possible to accomidate us. (Thanks Junior-much appreciated. Keep those dollar coins safe!!)

We had arranged thru RCI for a taxi to pick us up at the airport, but it never showed up. Leaving us to fend for ourselves with a pack of.........wolves......If you end up in this situation expect to pay $45 American for the ride (30 minutes) to the resort. Everything is negociable!!

RCI did make good with a comp'd return ride (we knew we'd have to pay one way, just didn't expect it to be on the way in)....

Employees are truly very friendly and genuine. It would help if they had better English language skills, but on the same token, we need to be a bit more fluent in Spanish.

They began a demolition project there this week, removing the pink 2 bedroom bungalow's which will be replaced by more villa's. Roads were torn up, and there were some construction trucks in and out, but overall it wasn't too disruptive. Amazing how quickly the workers can remove these buildings using simple hand tools.

If you book a villa, bring pool toys & floats as they are not provided.

Service requests (bag of ice) were met, but results were much slower than expected.....add a day or two.

If you want a bed at the beach, expect to get up early and be in that area by 7 a.m. Most were "reserved" (place a tee-shirt on it) shortly after that. Did loose one t-shirt, as the wind must have blown it away......hint hint...and others were using the bed when we arrived.

Overall food quality was good to very good. Belini's (Italian) and the VIP Gourment were my favorites, but for the most part, I always found something on the menu to enjoy. If not satisfied, you were always allowed to make a second selection. I even ordered two dinners at the same time one night without any problems, and this was at the white glove gourmet resturant. We ate Mexican, Blue Lagoon, Chinese and the general buffet resturants. All were pretty good in my opinion.

Night entertainment was almost non existant other than Sunday night (VIP dinner & show) and a Thursday night VIP excursion to Ocean World next door. VIP disco was a CASH bar which still doesn't make sense to me, when a few steps away I could get the same beverage for free.
Around 4 people in the place the night we stopped by (11 p.m.) anyway.

Tipping a dollar or two was always appreciated and brought a bit more attention from the service staff. Those folks work hard and deserved it.

I'd give this resort and my vacation experience a 88 to 90 out of 100. It wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable!!

Nothing Wrong With Them, But A Lot of Things Not Right Either

by TripAdvisor Member Sandye7685

My husband and I traveled to Puerto Plata April 1-8th, 2008. Just to let you know, we have traveled a fair bit, everything from luxury cruises, 5 star resorts, to mud huts in Africa, and every type of accommodation in between. We rented a 3 bdrm villa from an owner on the internet.

Upon our arrival at the airport, the person who was sent to pick us up had been told there were 12 of us – not just the 2 of us. No amount of persuasion on our part could convince them we were it, so we had to wait until the whole airport cleared out before they would believe us. Finally they got us a taxi and took us to the resort. Nothing fancy here.

Check in was OK, no one seemed in any hurry. There was no great welcome, or drinks offered or anything like that. We paid our $37.50 US pp/day for the all-inclusive fee. No amount of asking would get us a golf cart. Only the owners they said. We were told our villa wasn’t ready so we went off to find something to eat. It took many hours before the villa was finally ready. This would have been OK except that it was pouring rain, and we really couldn’t find anything to do in the meantime.

When we did get to our villa, number 18B, I was somewhat disappointed in the furnishings etc. Some of the furniture was broken and worn out (arms on chairs, finish coming off the dining table etc). Because of the rain, one of the beds in the upstairs bedroom was soaking wet from a roof leak. It’s a good job that wasn’t where someone had to sleep as there was just the two of us. The floors, which are ceramic tile, were wet in many places making them very slippery both upstairs from the leaking roof and downstairs from the rain coming in under the doors etc. Villa 18A was attached duplex style, but the people beside us were very good.

With regards to the chef who comes to make breakfast, he only showed up the first two days and then stopped coming. No explanation given. No big deal, we just went to the buffet, but if it is part of what we paid for, then we should have had that service.

Speaking of service, it was like grand central station at our villa. There were always people coming in the house and grounds. The pool boy would be by to clean the pool daily, the grounds keepers would appear to rake the leaves, maids were in and out all day long. The guy who fills the fridge would come in. The paperboy would come right in to deliver the newspaper. It didn’t matter if you locked all the doors, there were always people in the house! Once I went into the kitchen and some shuttle driver was helping himself to a soda in our fridge because he was thirsty! And he wasn’t even shuttling for us! And did I mention the continuous flow past our villa of golf carts driven crazily by kids. They would be kids of owners of course, as we mere renters couldn't have a golf cart. I truly believe that there should be a golf cart per villa regardless of who is staying in it. We walked by the "garage" where they kept the carts and there were lots of them not in use.

On top of all these people, we had the timeshare salesmen. Now, as I said, we’re pretty used to them around a resort and are pretty good at spotting them and avoiding them, but when they attack on your own turf, that’s too much. One morning we were sitting there having breakfast and this guy was looking in the patio door at us. He came right in and started his pitch in our own place while we were eating! Two days later my husband and I are in the pool at our villa, and along comes another salesman who would not leave us alone! We feel we are fair game while roaming the resort, or even sitting by a public pool, or coming out of a restaurant, but this was just too much! One interesting thing we did find out however, was that we had rented a VIP Gold villa, but he told us we were only in a silver and why not go along with him to see what we could get if we bought Platinum. Silver? Silver? No where on their site does it say anything about a silver level. Guess that explains the disrepair/shabbiness of the villa. He also mentioned that we were to be out of the villa as they had 6 new people coming in. this was on Sat and we were booked until Tues. We told him he'd better find somewhere else to put them. Nothing ever came of it however. Now don’t get me wrong, it was impressive to a lot of people. We happened to meet a couple staying at the resort in a hotel room from our hometown. They were blown away by our villa. They took pictures of every room and said they were going to come back and ask to rent the same villa they were so impressed. So, I guess it is based on your previous travel experiences. If you haven’t traveled much, you will probably think it is awesome.

I won’t go into the VIP beach and pool area as many others have written reviews. They were a neat touch. It is nice to have your drinks brought to you. Don’t bother getting them to bring you food though (other than nachos) as it is stone cold by the time it gets there, you might as well wander over to the restaurant yourself. For the last couple of days we actually parked ourselves on the outside of the VIP Beach wall and stayed on the resort side near a little beach bar. If you’re looking to meet the most enthusiastic and entertaining fellow at the resort, stop by there and visit Pedro.

We thought all the restaurants were fine. The gourmet was certainly the best. We caution taking a seat outside at the early sitting as all the workers and their smelly diesel trucks are leaving for the day and driving by continuously while you are eating.

If you have trouble walking, be aware there is a lot of it to be done if you don’t get a golf cart. The sidewalks are all too narrow and made of uneven paving stones and are very poorly lit at night.

My main complaint was that there was no evening entertainment offered other than a “theatre” show that lasted an hour. The disco was supposed to open at 10:30 PM but a few times we looked in, there was no one in there. We were told that it was very loud and hot inside the disco whenever it did get rolling. No where was there a band playing that you could listen to either during the day or in the evening after dinner. Even the lower end resorts we’ve stayed at have all had a house band. It is rather boring after dinner. I know our teenage kids would have been very bored here. For 3 days it rained, and that knocked out the satellite TV so you couldn't even watch TV. There was one day that the power went off around 7:30 am and it didn't come back on for about 12 hours, and it was not one of the rainy days.

All in all, the place was fine; neither of us got sick, it’s clean, renting from an owner off the internet went fine. It was our 4th time to the Dominican. I don’t think we would go back to this resort, but then we’ve never gone back to the same place twice. I’m sure anyone would have a great time there and I wouldn’t hesitate to send anyone, as long as they know what to expect. Like I said there’s nothing horribly wrong with the resort. But it wouldn’t take much to make it a lot better. We started playing a game called "if I owned this place, I would...." and talked about inexpensive changes that would make a huge difference. If you would like more info, feel free to email me at hooktravellers@sympatico.ca

Food Very Good
Accom Good
Entertainment Poor

VIP Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member guynus

Lovely villa on a great resort with the benefit of a good value all-inclusive package. Villa was spacious with a good sized pool and all the facilities that you need. Only thing that I would say is that you aren't guaranteed to get the villa in the photo, but they are all of a similar size and standard. Maid service for breakfast was excellent and she also cleaned the villa every day and provided clean towels both for the pool and the villa. Restaurants were excellent with loads of choice and good food in the VIP gourmet in particular. Great value too, I can't imagine many places where you would be able to eat fillet steak for dinner, drink as much as you like and enjoy proper branded wines and spirits for c.£25 per day! VIP beach, pool and the VIP parties were absolute luxury and well worth the extra. Great also for families with kids as you can call a shuttle bus to pick you up and transport you round the resort although it isn't that spread out if you did want to walk. All in all a great holiday and a place we would definitely go back to!

Worst Vacation Ever!!

by TripAdvisor Member PennsylvaniaBlondie

This was our worst vaction ever! We were so looking forward to it, but ended up being bitterly disappointed. We went through RCI and still paid a fortune for 6 people for the terrible experience we had. We had a 3 bedroom villa, which looked beautiful, but had so many problems. Our airconditioning never worked our whole vaction, we had bedbugs in the upper bedroom bed, our bath towels were never changed, we were without water for several days, none of our room safes locked, our pool was cleaned the first day but never again, timeshare people followed us everywhere even walked into our villa at breakfast to annoy us further, food in all restaurants was awful and disgusting, long long walk to beach which was not very nice, service was lacking everywhere, especially the front desk. We will never return .

Family Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Dukedondonny

We booked a 3BR villa through an owner, Michelle Forino. Michelle was extremely helpful, knowledgable and answered every question I had. As others have mentioned, check-in is quite interesting as you arrive and head upstairs to a bar which is also the check-in reception area. It was a bit crowded, but we were in and out of there in about 15 minutes. We stayed in one of the farthest villas (E39) at the end of the property. While a bit disappointed initially, it turned out to be a great location as it had a huge yard and the pool was secluded from view. If you stay here, you need to get the VIP package to obtain the most value the property has to offer: VIP Beach, VIP Gourmet Restaurant, VIP World and the Sunday evening VIP dinner party and the Bellisimo Show at Ocean World. One advantage of booking directly with an owner versus a timeshare exchange is the all-inclusive cost. They only charge for each person and for the nights you stay. When I inquired through RCI, I was informed that the all-inclusive cost was $600.00 per day per villa regardless of how many people stayed in the villa. Since two of my party of 6 arrived a day late and left a day early, they only had to pay the all-inclusive fee for 5 days. One suggestion that we took was to bring lots of one and five dollar bills to tip the staff (even though it is not required).

Restaurants: VIP Gourmet and Bellini's are highly recommended; the sushi bar on the VIP Beach was okay; the buffet was okay; the Indochine restaurant was okay. The VIP Cafe for snacks was a nice change of pace. The service at El Zorro was terrible.

Accomodations: Very spacious 3BR, 3 1/2 Bath. Bedrooms had A/C while the rest of the villa did not. Only one safe was functional, but there was a slight charge to use it. Small TV's but rarely watched it.

Service: Breakfast prepared each morning; eggs, bacon, muffins, various breads, fruits, juices and coffee. Maid service was excellent, always had plenty of clean towels and clean bathrooms and bedrooms. Shuttle is fine unless it is raining, then you can plan for at least a 20 minute wait.

Problems: We encountered a batch of bad bottled water. One of my daughters was ill for the first two days of our trip, but was fine after that. Beer disappeared from our refrigerator on two separate occasions. When I mentioned it to employee who stocked our refrigerator, he just stocked it with an additional 8 bottles of beer. Upstairs bedroom was without hot water, barely got warm, but then again, it was pretty warm outside so it wasn't that big of a deal.

While not a 5 star resort, it is very nice and we had an enjoyable and relaxing vacation. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Save your money!!!

by TripAdvisor Member whats_a_vizsla

My family and my sister's family booked 2 villas on the recommendation of another family member who is an owner. There was a lot of confusion on the owner's part (and subsequently ours) on what is and isn't included. Hopefully this will help someone make a decision--vacations are too precious and expensive to waste on a place like this.

Cons:
- We were told the following would be included for us, as we were guests of a VIP member: helicopter ride from the airport; golf cart to travel around the resort; free admission to Ocean World. None were included. Transport to and from the airport was in a dirty, rundown minivan. No golf cart, and Ocean World was going to be $55 per person. No thanks.

- Food in the buffet was very subpar, and featured 75% of the same items every day. We went from station to station and could often only find one or 2 items to eat, like potatoes or bread.

- The beaches are dirty and there is very little shade to be found. There are cigarettes in the sand. No one walks around to pick up the little plastic cups they serve their crappy drinks in, so they blow around and end up in the ocean. We often picked up trash ourselves.

- There was virtually no shade on the VIP beach. Plus, who wants to lay in a bed on the beach?? We wanted lounge chairs so we could read, but those aren't available on the VIP beach. The non-VIP beach has some shade. One of the shady areas happens to be next to a storage tank collecting waste from the bathrooms. Nothing like sitting on the beach and smelling feces. Hilariously, this was right next to 2 massage beds. Do you suppose they consider this aromatherapy?

- The water sports were a joke. They had 3 sea kayaks, one of which was broken, and one windsurfer. For the entire resort.

- Customer service was terrible. If we had any problems or questions (of which we had many), a visit to the VIP check-in resulted in 3 different people calling someone else. No one there has the knowledge or authority to make any decisions at all.

- Lack of privacy. Expect multiple people in and out of your villa all day long. Besides your maid, expect other helpers, plus at least 2-3 visits from the guys trying to sell you a timeshare. No one knocks...they just walk right in. The timeshare people have no rhyme or reason of when they talk to anyone, so expect to be approached multiple times by the same people. They will try to convince you to come hear their speech because it will make them a commission. Um, really? What sort of motivation is that?

- VIP vs. non-VIP. The whole business plan this resort is based on is awful. It's not extraordinary service vs. regular service. The VIP service is barely acceptable, and the non-VIP is awful. Apparently whomever set up this resort feels that VIP people just want to lay around and drink all day in a bed. That's not VIP to me.

- Everything on the resort is ridiculously expensive.

- If you want to snorkel at all, you'll need to travel pretty far to find a spot to do it. There are no fish in the bay that we could find, probably due to pollution.

The pros:
- The villa was adequate, and the landscaping and pool were lovely. As someone else mentioned, we had no screening, so were eaten alive by mosquitos. We had ants in our kitchen the entire time (covering every surface), so couldn't really use that space at all (despite asking for some ant spray).

- Our maid was very nice, and kept our villa clean. We would have preferred the option to buy our own groceries and make our own food.

- We took a catamaran excursion to go snorkeling through another company, and that was a good day.

- Weather was nice while we were there.

- Main pools were nice, although their DJs were awful, and played eurotrash club music beginning at 10 am as loud as they could.

Conclusion:
This resort could be a really nice resort. Unfortunately, the management is awful. They don't seem to understand what the majority of people want to do while on a vacation...relax, do some activities, enjoy some good food and drink.

View of Ocean World and Puerto Plata cityView of Ocean World and Puerto Plata city

StatueStatue