Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa Puerto Plata

Confresi Beach, (formerly Hacienda Tropical), Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
CheapCaribbean BookIt.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• BECARFUL!!!

1. What they tell you and what you get is totally diffrent, they may treat you like a king the first time you went so you can buy shares, when and if you return you feel like you never been there. 80% things they tell you is NOT true. you don't get half of the accomodation they promised you when you return, they will tell you we are sold out or why didn't you reserve ahead of time.
    2. Languge seems to be a huge issue there! Most of the staff do NOT speak english and few who are in management speaks EXTREMELY poor english so what you hear is not always what you think. Make sure you make them put everything they tell you in wrting.
    3. Customer service is so so poor in the sales office the ONLY reason why they are in business is becasue of the weather and the locals who work at the resorts.
    4. it is beautiful resort all they need is to train ALL the management staff in that white building. JUST BECAREFUL!!!
    WE paid over $1700 for JUST food for 4 people for a week, it says $20 on the website.

Unique Quality: Resort is wonderful!!!

More about Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa Puerto Plata

Great Value

by BradMiller about Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa

I booked the trip through CheapCaribbean .com. The value was amazing. I've traveled around the world, but never to the Dominican Republic before, and had always been a little leery about it. But for the price, I figured I might as well give it a shot, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Lifestyle Resort is an all-inclusive resort, so all of your food and drinks are included with your stay. The drinks include pretty decent alcoholic beverages, up to midrange drinks such as Johnnie Walker Black Label. The food was average to above average depending on the meal and venue.

I never had a complaint about anything, especially when you keep in mind how little you pay for this vacation compared to a comparable Caribbean Island vacation. Beach Cabanas where severs bring you food and alcoholic beverages.
There were always empty lounge chairs to be found.
Pleasant Staff

Hacienda Tropical - Nice Place

We stayed there when it was owned by Karizma resorts. It was great, we like the staff the food and the resort. The beach is nice with lots of waves. The confresi beach area has shops and little bars. Chris and Maddies restaurant is located near by and the food is fabulous. Chris is also from Manitoba (Brandon) and loves the Canadian company. You can always catch a Hockey game at his place. The resort is kept very clean and the grounds are beautiful.

Have fun.

Warning re: Ramada Hacienda Terrible Vacation !!!!!!!!!!

Where do we Begin!!!!On Aug 25 2003 my husband and myself took a Vacation to one of your major hotels in the DR, "Ramada Hacienda". We were completely appalled with the absolute unacceptable hygiene, safety and services that were provided to us and several other signature guests at the Ramada Hacienda between Aug 25th 2003 and Sept 1st 2003.We booked our vacation that was sold exclusively through Signature , it was rated as a four star resort and upon our arrival we were given our resort bracelets which state the resort was three star resort!!!1) We became ill with severe diarrhea that were treated by the Resort Doctor with antibiotics and other medications along with several other guests. We have now been back since Sept 1 2003 and my husband is still very ill as a result of this!!!2) The resort lost power for several hours in the night and did not regain power again until late morning. Please note the resort also lost power continually throughout the week for short increments of time. We did not have water a few times throughout the week, which at each time this was brought up to the front desk staff and they said they would send someone up to our room but by then, the water pressure had resumed. This was extremely inconvenient considering you do not want to spend your entire holiday in your room waiting for repairmen!!!!! 3) The Buffet restaurant was pretty well the same exact menu daily. Also there were birds and other insects that were roaming the dinning room tables and area at all times. The cleaning staff was ringing out the mops with their bare hands right in front of the guests at meal times. * There were instances were there was no cutlery on the tables. *coffee and tea were taken away in the afternoon. The hotel staff stated it was because they were afraid that due to the amount of guests that they would run out!!! 4) No fresh Bottled water was provided in our Rooms, nor was there a water cooler in our Building section.5) No fresh/clean towels were provided daily in our room. We had to ask the maid and front desk several times to replenish our room with clean toiletries. Our bed sheets were not changed once during our entire stay!6) Only half a roll of toilet paper was put in our room each morning, which is completely unacceptable especially when you are ill and the hotel management is aware of the situation. *When we did request some additional toilet paper to be brought up to our room it took 1 1/2 hours before it was delivered. 6) Our shower was not cleaned daily. Long black hairs were being found in our room and bathroom but my husband and I both have Blonde hair.7) Our room patio doors did not close shut all the way and air conditioner did not function all the time!8) Our balcony rail bars were not secured properly. Which leaves it very unsafe for small children considering we were on the 3rd floor.9) The lampshades in the room were broken and one lamp did not function.11) There were cockroaches roaming the entire resort!!! Including our hallways, dinning areas, and washrooms. My huisband one evening had to excuse himself to go to the washroom. Once is the washroom he felt something on his feet and when he looked down he had approx 5 cockroaches on his feet!!! We had to put a towel in the front of our room door so they wouldn't come into our room at night. When we would wake up in the morning they would be outside our door. Please also note this was mentioned with the resort staff and management and they said that the building was going to be sprayed but upon our departure these bugs were still apparent!12) The resort staff walks around persuading guest to go on a resort tour and if they do so they will get a free gift. Upon going on this so-called tour we realized that this is a time-share / Lifestyle Vacations sales pitch were they try to get you to buy vacation time from them. The personnel from Lifestyle Vacations are very rude especially the management ( Larry ). This should not be aloud to be promoted by Ramada Hacienda. The Ramada Staff later told us that they get paid 10$ for each couple that they send!14) Once the weekend arrived the resort seemed to be overwhelmingly overbooked with local guests that have arrived. This caused the buffet to be short of food, withhold refreshments such as coffee and tea. All the weekend activities were then conducted in Spanish only, which was also mentioned to the hotel manager " Jackie" and trying to get a drink at the bars was approx a 20 minute wait because the servers would serve all the local Dominican guests before us!!!Overall the services provided by Ramada and Signature for the Ramada Hacienda Resort during our stay was completely unacceptable and not up to standards. If anyone else has stayed at the Ramada Hacienda and experienced the same horrific holiday, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me anytime at 519-620-4418. Respectfully YoursChantal Demore, Paul Demore

Do not go

Our 1st vacation since our honeymoon 7 years ago and we took our kids with us. Terrible vacation. Spend an extra thousand and go somewhere else. The food sucked, the service sucked, the people were rude. Bring towels because you will not be given any. Bring toilet paper becasue you will need it. Bring bottled water and lots of it. Watch out for the locals on the weekends. The resort is full to capacity. The food was the same..chicken in red sauce..chicken in cream sauce..chicken in garlic sauce. I'm not talking chicken breast. Prepare for diharea. Do not get sucked into time share. In conclusion this is not a 4 star. Not even a 3 or 2. 1 is pushing it. Please don't go.

Great Vacation!!

by TripAdvisor Member sh204

I stayed at this resort with a friend of mine over New Years last year and it was my first real vacation with friends and it was a trip to remember. Let me first say the majority of the people who reviewed this site must have butlers and fine dinning as if they were movie stars because I don't know where they stayed but this resort was PERFECT. Everything about that country was great. From the minute we stepped off the plane until the minute we left. The people there are the nicest people i have ever met. The staff was so friendly and helpful, our maid did an excellent job each day and we only left about a dollar US tip. she would line up our shoes and put flowers on our pillows. The food was soooooooooo good. I don't know what people on this site are talking about!!! and everything is so clean. Sure the rooms and bathrooms aren't 5 star, but you are on a tropical holiday away from work and snow and the everyday city life. who needs perfection? Perfect is anything you make it. Go with an open mind and I promise you you won't be disappointed. there is so much to do and see, the clubs in the city aren't that far away. the disco on the grrounds was a great time. Make sure to get pesos and american money before you leave home, they charge you an insane exchange rate at the hotel. The jungle safari tour was great. so much to do, well worth the money. the locals on the beach will always try to approach you(especially if you are young girls) but just be friendly - after all it's their job to try to sell you their things! Oh and make sure to check out the amber museum in the city, they have great jewelry. Latimar is a bluish precious stone there, just gorgeous.

Okay

Vacation 25 Oct 2003 to 02 Nov 2003. The Resort is under repairs. We had a problem with the cable. In the first few days we only had about 10 snowy channels. It finally got fix on the fourth day. The water in the bathroom was a problem. Hot water came out of the toilet. Both the hot & cold water were hot every day. We ended taking showers in two other rooms. The rooms also had problems. We decide not to change rooms. The employees were great. They were always helful and friendly. I like the the nightly entertainment. Did not like the food. They restaurant had variety which I did not like. I was expecting meals from the dominican republic. I went out to eat.

Cofresi Beach at Lifestyle ResortCofresi Beach at Lifestyle Resort

Hacienda Lifestyles Tropical Beach ResortHacienda Lifestyles Tropical Beach Resort

Lifestyle Hacienda Resorts

by jkmjpd

Can anyone provide a phone number or email address to this resort? Thanks!

by marielexoteria

I didn't find a specific e-mail or phone number, but I found this contact form: http://hacienda-resorts.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=2&Itemid=68.

Hope it helps.

by jkmjpd

Thank you; we will try it.

by marielexoteria

Let me know if it works for you guys, otherwise I could ask my friends to get a local #.

by Gregg-NS

(809) 970-7100

All are current AFAIK.

Gregg

by cjamesgo

thanks for help---had a great time there and it is a first class place.

Los Gringos

by stevee

This "Hotel" is comprised of only 3 beachfront cabanas according to their website (www.losgringosdr.com/) and has very nice reviews on TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147290-d618800-Reviews-Los_Gringos-Puerto_Plata_Dominican_Republic.html).

However you never know whether a tourist wrote the review or if it was the owner or relative. Especially if they don't leave an e-mail address.

Anyone know anything about this property? It seems remarkably inexpensive! ($300 per week)

RE: RE: Los Gringos

by stevee

Thanks for your help! However the same exact people made comments on this site as they did on the TripAdvisor site which makes me leary.

RE: Los Gringos

by stevee

Finally made it and it exceeded my expectations!!!

Who hasn't dreamed of a remote thatched roof bungalow on a tropical beach? However, when I saw the website for Los Gringos and read the reviews , I was leary to say the least that this place would live up to my expectations for a mere $150 for 3 nights. It was great....I only wish I could have stayed for a month.

The bungalows are either new or newly refurbished and are impecably clean with tiled bathrooms. My only suggestions for the next visit would be to throw a bar of your favorite soap and a roll of your favorite TP in the suitcase if you are the least bit fussy.

The view outside from your bed in the morning is just fabulous. This of course is the same view you will have from your front porch where Patrick or one of his girls will deliver you coffee in the morning. Then breakfast at the restaurant/bar. Eat at 8am or 3pm or anytime in between. That's what I call flexible!

I'm told that "somewhat regularly" on Sunday, Patrick has a BBQ with either a pig, lamb, or dorado (mahi-mahi). In our case the weather did not cooperate so we had to settle for another great meal in the restaurant/bar. Don't take the menu literally....Patrick will prepare whatever you want...however you want it and if you are not sure, Patrick will make suggestions.

As far as what to wear....shorts and swim suits during the day and due to the "no-see-um's", long pants with socks at night. (I forgot the socks and regret it).

Comments