Paradise Beach Club & Casino

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo

Old Resort

The Puerto Plata Beach Resort and Casino used to be an all-inclusive resort. The resort part is now closed, but you can still rent the apartments and I really like staying there: The apartments are large with fridge, TV, sofa, chairs and 2 beds - but all a little out of date and the electricity come and goes during the day, and some days you don’t have hot water. NOT A LUXURY RESORT, but if you are travelling on a budget this place is great.

The room is cleaned every day and you will have new towels every day. If you need laundry service just ask the cleaning lady and she will take care of it from day to day (for 200 peso).

There is also an OK pool, a pool bar (not open every day) and a casino next to the hotel. All restaurants inside the resort area are closed, but you’ll find a lot of restaurants at the malecon.

The Puerto Plata Beach Resort and Casino is located in the centre of Puerto Plata with the beach just opposite the entrance. The beach in Puerto Plata used to be really bad, but in the recent years the city of Puerto Plata has done a lot to improve the beach in the city.

More about Paradise Beach Club & Casino

Hotel Paradise Beach Club &...

by brittl

Hotel Paradise Beach Club & Casino

http://www.amhsahotels.com/resorts/paradise_beach_club/ All-inclusive. Friendly and happy staff

Paradise

by dgelr1 about Paradise beach Club and Casino

The Paradise is a beautiful resort in Puerto Plata. Its an all-inclusive place but well worth it. The best nightclub in the area is in this resort. All of the locals come here each night.If you tip the maids, you get even bette service and possibly fresh cut flowers left in your room The nightly entertainment is pretty cool as well as the pools on the prop. There are several as well as a swim up bar. Alot of on resort activities abound as well.

Best location in Playa Dorada

by vdoortje about Paradise Beach Club

Well, considering this was a budget type of trip, we got more than we expected! It is a huge resort with many rooms of various qualities.
At first we got a twin bed room. The room was good, the bathroom great. The view was minor as was the location. It had 3 small windows viewing the pool with a lot of noise until 11pm. But that wasn't the worst! It seemed to be part of a family room: a small door connected our room with the next door room. That door hid all but noise! Our neighbors slept through the day, came alive at night and had their TV set on for 24 hours a day! We could hear their conversation word by word!
After complaining we were upgraded to a superior room on the third floor! PERFECT! This is one of the first resorts in the Dom. Rep. So it is dated. But the location is THE BEST!!!!!! It has TWO beaches: the West one is very clean, great swimming water, much activities, but HOT HOT HOT! No wind!
The East one is very clean as well, more quiet, less activities, more rocks and corals. swimming is not that good. But a nice cool wind the entire day! Perfect for getting a teint! Make sure you have enough sun protection lotions with you and use them!

The place has a nice pool with pool bar (underwater seats!), 3 restaurants, a disco and a casino.

The food was great!!! Personel was great!! Entertainment as enjoyable!

But, the views over the ocean at sunset are breathtaking!

Paradise Beach Resort and...

by marylou11

Paradise Beach Resort and Casino Not to be mixed up with just Paradise Beach resort it must be the one with the casino. Great food, staff, entertainment. Visitors here are always repeats year after year
In canadian funds for about 1350.00 you can stay there two weeks. I go last week of november to the first 3 weeks december is the cheapest but best weather. great price, is on the beach, has pool, horse backriding, great entertainment, 3 restaurants.

Maravilloso

We went for the first time to D.R and also to Paradise beach club,I can say that I and my wife had a very pleasant holiday at your resort. We would definitley recomend to all our friends. The food was exellent, the staff very pleasant, and courteous. The room was very clean, and I woul recommend the chamber maid for her promptness and kindness if I still remember her name is Lidia Abreu. Also I would say that Mr.Carlos Abreu is a very good manager of the Restaurant. Also a good word for Lourdes that works at the bar at nigths. In essence everything was wonderful, and we cannot wait to go back fo a second time. J.D and S.D

Best Place Ever

Paradise was by far the best carribean resort i've ever been to. It is a tad on the older side, but that definately doesnt make a difference, the entertainment and food make up for it instantly. The waiters, bartenders, and kikos team are the nicest people ive ever met, and they all make u feel completely beautiful. Kikos Team goes out of their way to make sure everyone has a good time while at the resort. There is so much to do, i didnt know where to begin, there was volleyball on the beach, beach olympics, dance lessons, a market near by, a mall, or i could just relax on the beach. The beach vendors were sooo nice, a few even tried to teach me to dance the salsa, and there was one who would always play connect four with me and my group, and none of them pressured to u buy things, they just wanted to hang out with you. and for everyone who decides to stay at paradise beach club, i highly reccomend the "sosua bay catameran tour" its a lot of fun, the crews on the boats are great, and u get to see some of the most amazing fish on the reefs. Im definately going back to this resort someday, i reccomend it for eveyone.

Excellent Vacations

I would like to take this opportunity to express my great experience staying at Paradise Beach club & Casino in Puerto Plata D.R. between March 13 to 20, 2003. All the Staff were excellent very nice and friendly some bartenders will mix a nasty rum & Coke, but remember rum it there Dominican gasoline. Every night there a outdoor theatre show by the pool very good entertainment especially the water show was great dont miss it. The restaurants a la carte were very good especially Italian one, the buffet restaurant close to water was excellent a lot of different choice so much that I didnt had any problems in gaining a bit of weigh but what are Vacation for. There purified water at each bar that is self server. The crazy Moon disco is excellent it one of the only disco around in the resort area that allow everybody from other resort and also local people in. On Friday and especially Saturday it full and there a lot of local in the club and are all very nice will take you dancing to there Dominican music also drink are extra 40 peso for rum & coke. The casino was not too bad also while your playing drinks are included. At the Paradise in the main lobby there a little money exchange booth which was great because during my stay they give the best exchange for CAD & USD compare to other place in the mall I suggest that you only change a little bit at time, also they will change any peso you have left to USD only at the current USD rate which the other place will not do except the bank which will do for a fee. The Resort itself outdoor, indoor & room were very well kept and clean. I was in the economy room well it all true when you open the door bang the staircase is there then when you come down you have to stay on the last step in order to open your door to exit but the room itself was small but okay I was never there then to shower and sleep which was okay for me, I had the opportunity to see the standard room which was fare and kitchenette suite which was very good but more expensive then economy one of course. Like I say it all depend on the time you will spend in your room.There two storey shopping malls with a Pizza hut movie theatre just 3 minute walk from the resort. About a 15 minute walk on the beach there a flea Market be prepare to bargain and here best price almost free The only bad thing I can say about the resort is concerning the room safe if you like to have the key you have to purchase it. I paid 380 Peso I heard different price from people there price may depend on length or accommodations your in economy or suite. Unlike other resort which charge you a deposit which you get back at the end. Also if you plan to charge it to you credit card they charge five percent extra. Other then that I had a great vacation at the Paradise I enjoyed the friendly Staff great sun and Good Rum.

Danced all night at the The Crazy Moon

My sister and I had the best time of all lives. I wanted to prolong my stay for another week. The food was delicious and people were so very friendly and helpful. The excursion of the water caves was something I had never imagined experiencing in my life. We spent every night dancing at the disco until closing. It was so convinient and safe to have it on the grounds. I am a frequent traveller. I travel at least twice a year. It was the BEST vacation I've ever had. I could not stop talking about it so my friends and I are planning to return for an All Girl trip. I hope to relive the experience.

The worst place on earth!

The people are extremely rude. The food is the worst garabe I have ever eaten. The meat is processed turkey. The ham, made of turkey and so on. Absolutely no fresh fruit, or juice. Everything was from a can. I am well traveled and this place was a joke. My wife found a large maggot in her food. Not Good! The rooms were small and the bed/beds are two single beds pushed together and then the sheets are laid crossways. The restaurants are exactly the same as the buffet, except you only get to eat at them once! If you do go, tell them you have been there before. They will give you a different color wrist band and treat you better. The other hotels offer more and are less stars. There is no way this is a 4 star resort. That is a blatant lie! The food is so bad, the stray cats and dogs wouldn't eat it! The drinks are made from generic 40 proof liquor. Half the strenght of the U.S. The beer is tap only. The other hotels on the island offer a great deal more and are rated less. The rudeness of the staff is appauling. You have to clean your own tables! If you already bought this trip, you threw away your money like we did! If you are planning on going here, try another hotel and don't look back, you'll be glad you did. The other reviews on this list are older, the place has extremely gone down hill! Oh, I representive Robin, .... He never was there once. Once you arrive you are on your own! Stay away, feel free to email me for more comments!

best transport to Santo Domingo?

by Des16

Hi everyone!!! Going to Hacienda Villas on the 16th. I need to go visit friends in Santo Dom. Any suggestions on the best way to get there, or what flights, busses, etc. available? I have limited Span. and it is my first time to the D.R. Thanks so much for any advice for the Newbie!!! Happy wkkd. Des16

RE: best transport to Santo Domingo?

by vdoortje

Hi, we just returned from Puerto Plata and we also visited Santo Domingo. We hired a car for 2 days. Went the first day to the Samana peninsula to visit Parque Nacional Los Haitises, which was awesome! The next day we went to Santo Domingo. Roads between Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo are good, although you need to keep an eye on the numerous mopeds and the holes in the road. Also the direction system in the Dominican Republic is not very accurate. We went wrong once in Santiago and in Santo Domingo you will need a good map and even that will make you take the wrong turn once or twice, but nothing that kept us wandering for hours.

Santo Domingo is a very nice city, we regreted it that we only had time to visit the Zona Colonial. Next time we will plan a visit of 2 days.

Hiring a car is easy and cheap. Ask your hotel desk to make arrangements. An average sedan will cost you $50 a day. We had a 4wheel drive for $70 a day, but to Santo Domingo that is not necessary. It took us 3,5 hours to get to Santo Domingo from Puerto Plata.

For RD$150 you can buy a roadmap of the Dominican Rep. and a detailed map of Santo Domingo in the Plaza Playa Dorada.

I hope this helps. We utterly enjoyed it to discover some parts of the Dominican Rep. by ourselves, at our own pace.

Dora.

RE: RE: best transport to Santo Domingo?

by Des16

Thanks so much for the advice! Happy travels!

RE: RE: best transport to Santo Domingo?

by vdoortje

??????You do keep me in a blurrrr... There might be busses going there. It just wasn't within our options. Flights??? Way to expensive! Regular tourist trips???? Way to expensive as well! The only thing I can think of more cheap is taking the bus... It will be cheap, but it will take you twice the time. Be sure to reserve at least 2 days from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo by public transportation!!!!

Where in Puerto Plata will you be?? Playa Dorada?? Perhaps not. We stayed at the Paradise Beach Club. We do have contacts in Puerto Plata if you need more detailed advice. The English is not that good. Do you speak Spanish???

You know where to find me...
Dora.