3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• AndySmith's Profile Photo

Basic 3 star and comfortable

This is quite a good hotel actually and its grounds are shared with its sister Hotel the Casa Marina Reef, If you do stay here try and get a room around the main pool in either Block, 7,8,9,10 or 11 as these rooms are better furnished than blocks 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 with 5 and 6 being far better than 1,2,3 and 4, these blocks have no pool or sea view and are generally in poorer condition. You'll find that the hotel reception is open 24 hours a day and money exchange is open from 10am to 10pm, the staff are generally quite helpful but if you have any problems always always ask to see the guest service manager, I would also suggest that if you do have any problems that need sorting out that you keep your cool and don't shout, you'll find the staff more willing to help you if you remain calm, Buffet Breakfast starts at 7am until 10.30am but those of you that awake after that can always have a continental breakfast between 10.30am and 11am. Lunch is between 12.30pm and 2.30pm in the buffet restuarants and dinner is between 6pm and 10pm,

NB I Do have some pics of Hotel and will be uploading them soon.

Unique Quality: Head for the cold water Jacuzzi's on the Casa Marina Reef side, these are buil into the rocks, best time to go is around sunset, grab a cocktail from the bar close by take your camerea and sit in the jacuzzi whilst you watch the beautiful Carribean Sun setting behind Mount Isobella De Torres,, awesome.

There are 3 Al la Carte restuarants on the complex too, if you stay at the hotel for 1 week you can visit each Al la Carte once throughout your stay (Advanced Booking at reception a must) The entertainment at this hotel is excellant with evening shows at the Casa Marina Reef's Amphitheater 6 nights a week, eneterainment also takes place throughout the day around both hotels, there are plenty of bars on this complex too serving both alchoholic and non alchoholic drinks, There are 3 pools onsite and of course the hotels is directly on the beachfront, this beach has shrunk alot in the past 2 years but there are other quieter beaches close by...Opposite reception is a tour desk where, if you wish you can choose from a wide varieties of excursuions to different parts of the North Coast, also if you venture into Sosua town itself you will find a couple of tour companies offering similer excursions, I would though take these with a pinch of salt and don't be overwhelmed with the sales patter, The good thing is though is that you have a great choice choice of things to do at and from the Casa Marina Beach, a great destination and base for a holiday.

Directions: Just out of town in the El Batey district of Sousua, Every Cab driver on the North Coast knows all the Hotels in the area so there is no way you'd get lost.

More about Casa Marina Reef

Casa Marina Beach/Casa Marina...

by nancyleigh

Casa Marina Beach/Casa Marina Reef (Sister Resorts)
I went on a package that departed for Halifax, Canada and for all-inclusive 14 nights, I only paid $1400 CAD
It is much cheaper to book through an agent and get an all-inclusive package instead of going directly to the resort's homepage and booking The price is amazing and although it is listed as a three star hotel it should be upgraded! The staff are super, they really make the stay wonderful! This is a good location for familys, young and old. Everyone has a good time together! I plan to go back one day!!

I stayed in Sosua, on a resort...

by dorotkao

I stayed in Sosua, on a resort called Casa Marina Reef/Beach....and it is an amazing place. Very clean and the rooms are fairly big. Neverminding the view. Big pools, clean beach, very friendly people...especially the guys at the reception and the waiters. The view was magnificant and so was the food and of course the drinks. Very Nice!!!

In Las Galeras

by grovier about Casa Marina Bay

A "little" hotel for the country, with only 250 rooms and suites.
Situated on a little beach, with many palmtrees and grass just near the sea.
Rooms are comfortable, even if its never really clean.
But...its cheap and filled by an international-european and dominican- "clientele".
All included, so its OK for drinks, but someone are drunk all the day... The site, wich is totally different of Punta Cana in a preserved area.

Casa Marina

by Spinka about Small Resort

Quite small, I mean it was quite small when I was there in 2000... Very homelike. The staff took very good care of cleanness.

A few small, one or two floor buildings, form a resort. One apartment consists of livingroom, bedroom and bathroom.
Small swimming pool with bar (very good idea!!!) near the restaurant on the open air...
Few steps to the beach and ocean...

Silence, no crowd on the beach, spare deck chairs, towels and water sport gears...

Animators were taking very good care of guests during the day (I especially appreciated aqua-aerobic) as well as in the evenings, when they play humorous spectacles.

And merenque... everywhere... merenque :)

Unforgettable

Casa Marina Reef was absolutely breathtaking! I am an eighteen year old student and I spent the best week of my life there in mid-March. The staff consists of the friendliest, most outgoing people that want everyone to have fun! They all pretty much speak English, while many also speak/understand German and French. Activities start early in the morning and go on until about 5 in the afternoon, so there isn't a moment of boredome. The beach is beautiful. It is very clean, as is the rest of the hotel, and the water is crystal clear and not too cold. The waves tend to get a little out of control sometimes, but were usually quite calm. Like I said, the hotel is the cleanest I have ever visited in my life. You put your plastic cup down and immediately a worker will appear and dispose of it. The rooms were also clean and cool, perfect for late afternoon naps. The restaurants were all excellent, even the buffets, everyone ate well. The hotel disco was fun, but it was well worth going into town to visit the bigger ones such as Crazy Moon. I don't care what the ratings say, this is a 5 star hotel that will please everyone. I will definitely be returning next year with a dozen of my friends to party it up for two weeks this time.

our best vacation anywhere,ever

we arrived totally tired from business and a hard winter to the carribean dream of sosua,d.r.a wonderful place with fantastic scenery and people.we were picked up promptly at the airport, after having no problems in customs, by coco tours----in 15 min we were at the hotel booked through discount travel co/also tnt travel ---------got settled in within 30 minutes in room 2063 terrace level----wasnt supposed to be a ocean view-----well what a view out our window we had, beach, foliage, and carribean beauty,we were at the beach another 15 min later---------ready to go with a one of a kind vacation.the food included a buffett style restaurant at each casa marina reef and beach resorts(both can be utilized if you book at one of these), food was fantastic, and different each day, we preferred the reef buffett, nicer setting not as crowded,also there are 3 specialty restaurants incl mexican(aok), italian (very good), and seafare seafood(the best and very different fronm the seafood we are used to from chesapeake bay,md.) all must be pre registered for,the town is great/ locals are very friendly in sosua----------education very important as we saw scho9olchildren at all times of day and night going to classes, most people are multilingual,and try to make you feel relaxed and fit in to there home town,we took the best tour from mels tours-----had elvis as a our guide---great guy-----and aimed to please--and he spoke 6 languages------we went on the safari/jeep tour climbing 7 waterfalls a definite dont miss trip-----only thing is you need swimming ability to do this one--------and the attitude to be athletic so as to reap the benefits of the trip.after we were taken on a excursion of the countryside ---- inland villiages, and how d.r. residents live.--------------everything here is relaxed-----not rush rush like in u.s.a.a wonderful---time

Good Resort EXCEPT FOR ........

Before I say anything negative about this resort I do have a lot of good things to share. First of all the food was fantastic. Never in my life have I been treated so well in a restaurant. As soon as I took a sip of water from my glass some one was there to fill it up again. The buffets also had great service. The maids, grounds keeepers, security and desk staff very friendly. The rooms were clean and the facility is very beautiful. The entertainment staff is second to none and truly made my vacation. Now for the bad. My first complaint is the bar service. I don't know if its the bartenders at this resort or if its the culture of the people, but when ever a woman would go to the bar and if a man came to the bar after her they would always serve the men first. Many times we had to give up and send one of the men for drinks. Also after drinking vodka all day no one seemed to be feeling the effects of it. It was soon discovered why when one of our group seen a bartender top of four vodka bootles with water. When brought to the staff's attention that we had seen them do this they threw out the four bootles of water and vodka. THAT TIME. If you shop in the gift shops don't touch anything you are not prepared to buy. My friend dropped an ornament, we were followed around the store and when we got to the door she was told to pay for it. Having the bars close at 11:00 was too early, we were usally just getting started. Also the airport staff could use a lesson on how to treat thier visitors. We sat in the bar for a few minutes so my friend could smoke since you weren't allowed to anywhere else, and we were thrown out because we weren't drinking. IF the Casa Marina Reef was able to fix thier problems I would stay there again, but not as it stands now. I was there from April30 2003 to May 7 2003

Great place - peaceful during the week but not on weekends or holidays

Just got back from the Casa Marina Reef Hotel. I must say that everything we have read on this site is true! The beach was lovely, 3 jacussis were wonderful! the hotel grounds were spotless, the rooms were clean ( bring face clothes) they don't have any. The TV didn't have an on/off button so ask for a remote - they do have them. The buffets were good - book your meals right away - they don't seem to like filling up the restaurants (probably due to lack of staff). There are 3 restaurants: Italian, Mexican were good, but the seafood is not that good, however, you can order the catch of the day or lobster if you pay for it. Wine too. The house wine ( especially the red )wasn't very good, so if you like wine with your meal, ordering a bottle is best- all 3 provide a wine list.A couple of things: when we arrived on the Saturday morning around 11 am - the main lobby was full of people checking in ( mainly Dominican families - with lots of kids) What we didn't know and weren't prepared for was that this hotel is open to the public every weekend Check in was no problem even though there was only 1 staff person at the desk who was completely overwhelmed!! We were quickly taken to our room which was very nice. Due to the numbers of people, there were no beach towel tickets left. When we asked at the desk we were told to come back after 1 pm on Sunday! We insisted and after waiting 15 minutes at the desk, they did come up with two tickets - Since we were only there one weekend, I'm not sure if this is the norm but be prepared ! the hotel is completely taken over- we couldn't get to any of the bars, and once you did you were pretty much ignored unless you shouted loud enough along with everyone else. We were only there an hour , we couldn't find a chair or a spot to sit down, it was just chaos everywhere, children running and diving in the jacussi pools- big pools, without supervision The adults were screaming conversations with each other which at times was deafening! On the whole of respect and disregard for their fellow hotel guests that have travelled great distances , paid good money in order to have a peaceful vacation . I truly felt sorry for one particular British family who had no idea and were not prepared for this kind of a setting. The Saturday night was one big party and we were lucky to get to the buffet - we did manage to find a table to sit down . Early Sunday afternoon, everyone checked out and only then we were able to enjoy this wonderful resort. It is truly a great place! and for the next 4 days we thoroughly enjoyed it.We learned, after speaking to other guests and one Montreal tour agency , that since 9-11- due to decline of hotel and travel bookings, the industry has been struggling. In order to survive they have opened the hotel to the public. The hotel received another 900 people who starting arriving Thursday afternoon for Easter weekend ! Easter week is a big celebration in the Dominican - had we known we wouldn't have booked this time of year. We were lucky our room was located on the far end ocean view side of the Reef - we spoke to a German couple whose room was situated right in front of the big pool they said they hadn't slept a minute. The party was at the pool all night - with lots of booze and people jumping in the pool until daylight. Again, no supervision, and it seemed as if the hotel management couldn't handle it - it was just out of control -

casa marina beach hotel sosua

by jo38

we spent three fab weeks in the dominican. we got married out there i would recomend it to everyone. Food, weather, drink we couldnt fault any part of the holiday. we even danced with the waiters at dinner in the restaurant

Casa Marina ResortCasa Marina Resort

sosuasosua

Sosua beachSosua beach

Sosua beachSosua beach

casa marina reef

by ginbabe

Hi, what a great way of getting honest tips..... Going to DR in Nov and staying at Casa Marina Reef. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and could tell me what to expect and whether it was a nice, friendly hotel. Also if there were any propblems?

What are the top 5 tourist attractions to go to DR?

Thanks in advance

RE: casa marina reef

by Ali&Steve

I stayed at the Casa Marina a few years back and had a great time there. The main problem I found was that the locals would flock there from the city at the weekends and it got really noisy and overcrowded. If you plan to take your trips away from the hotel at the weekend, you won't suffer. I did get a bit sick of the non-stop merengue music round the pool as well, but you can't hear it on the beach.
One of the best trips I had was horse riding along a deserted 5km stretch of beach. You can arrange it from the hotel. I'd also recommend going to the mangroves, and the cigar factory.
I also went on a catamaran trip to go snorkelling. It was an early start, with a long bus ride, then speed boats out to the catamaran, 2 hours on that (lunch and entertainment provided by the crew), and finally the snorkelling - within spitting distance of the hotel - then all the way back again.
There is a fabulous market that spreads from the street along the beach next to the hotel.
Happy travels,
Ali

RE: RE: casa marina reef

by ginbabe

Thank you for you reply, that has helped a lot. Has anyone you know done a trip to Cuba from Dominican Replubic for the day? I have been told that as you are not too far it is worth the trip.

Comments