3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Club Bonito Hotel

Samana Hotel

by jeffmillerca about Club Bonito

This is the most beautiful hotel I´ve ever stayed in.
You cannot beat waking up to a view of palm trees and the ocean!
The staff at Club Bonito was extremely friendly and helpful.
Thanks to everyone for a great vacation.

Club-Bonito

by Motzl about Club-Bonito

The 'Club' in the name comes from the property's ambiance of belonging. The two sociable bars and restaurants overlook the panorama of the Bay and the beach in front where fish and lobsters are brought in daily by spear-fishermen. The Club has 14 large deluxe rooms, elegantly decorated, each with two double beds, ceiling fans, air conditioning and 8 rooms have a balcony and a spectacular ocean view. They have facilities and organize all that is needed for small conferences and other business and social group activities and meeting accommodating 30-40 people. They offer the right mixture of privacy and seclusion and access to social relaxation in a beautiful setting.

Driving Boca chica to Samana the dirt road

by carolos

Early in the morning,we left Boca chica to go to Samana.I told my husband to follow the road that the bus goes because there are not asphalt roads everywhere.He said we should better go to Bayaguana and then Monte Plata and as he saw in the map they are big towns so there would be asphalt roads.WRONG!How bad could anyway be a dirt road?he said.
VERY BAD he says now.

All the road from Boca chica to Sanches (the one we followed)
was a dirt road.We went up hills and mountains,we drove into rivers,we were lost after Sabana Grande De Boya and nobody spoke English to ask where to go (ha,ha). There were crossroads and most of the times we followed a direction by accident.

My map didn’t show all the villages and we stopped here and there,and the only I knew to say was: aqui pueblo?

Everybody was coming to help us- very nice people although very poor-and then I was showing the road ahead and I said :there pueblo?
"Majagual" they said and we tried to find it in the map.They spoke spanish and tried to help us but we couldn’t understand a word.
So we all laughed,they showed the car and probably said that the road was too bad for this car.
A couple of times I thought that maybe we should go back , but it was too late , we were in the middle of our route.

The nature was so amazing , green all around and here and there groves of cocopalms .The kids were playing at the banks of the rivers while women were washing the clothes.

I was a little bit scared when we left a village and go into the jungle,the road was full of slippery rocks and big holes and we drove very slow almost like stopped,but I must admit that the nature was fantastic and my husband said the best drive he ever did.I suggest you if you want to do this take a 4wd car because I think we were very lucky and didn’t stuck somewhere.

But it is really very worth the trouble and you see those people living very hard,they don’t have water and they went kilometers away with big white bottles and pots to carry water back home.Their houses very poor and they tried to sweep out the mud that came in with the heavy rain.Their clothes lying down on the bushes or on the road to get dry.The kids also walk much to go to the nearest school which is very far.

Writing all this I remembered of the idiot at the travel agency telling me that DR is VERY DANGEROUS and I shouldn’t drive around and stay locked in my hotel after sunset.I would like to show him my videotape (he,he)

My itinerary was:Boca chica-La Jina-Las Parras-Bayaguana-Monte Plata-Centro de Boya-Sabana grande de Boya and from here we were lost. Asking here and there we reached Zapote-Majagual-Agua santa del Yuna-Las Coles-Rincon Molinilos-Cruse de Rincon-Sanches.

When we reached Sanches we were very hungry so we bought food from the street vendors.Cheap and very tasty!
We drove towards Las Galeras.Some Tters had told me that Samana is the best part or DR. Well it is the best part of everything I have seen in my life.The hills are totaly covered by cocopalms,that make the landscape so exotic.Wooden houses on both sides of the road , smilling faces everywhere.

Las Galeras tiny coastal village , is a very laid back and quiet place.So laid back that every new arrival is eyed with friendly courisity.
This means that your neighbour's towel on the lovely beach , lay mostly at a discreet distance from you.It also means that you can take a seat under a palm-front roof by the sea shore , with your feet buried in the sand and serve yourself freshly caught fish.
We looked for a room to sleep and we found "Rubby’s" for 25 $ per night.Again nobody spoke English -it’s strange but I found many speaking French or German but no English.We were lucky again and a guy came and helped us book the room and have dinner.He started talking about Greece and his holidays here some years ago.
We stayed there 2 nights but the room was FULL of mosquitoes but strangelly they didn't touch us,they loved the wooden closet.The water was salted like sea,you couldn’t even wash your face, but it was only 1 more night so we stayed here.
We asked about Playa Rincon and the English speaking guy said you can go by boat so the next morning we went down to the beach-which was very beautiful- and i found a boatman who wanted 10$ pp for the ride to Rincon.

Rincon was….I have no words for that place!! Out of this world and we decided to go back again by…our car because THERE IS road to go, a dirt road but a good one (I’m sorry to say that because many people may spoil this paradise).The boat let us at the left hand as you look at the beach and the road by car goes to the end of the right side.
We promised to go back and explore the right side.

For the first time we tasted "pan de coco" bread made of coco and I mention it here because it was fantastic,but it seems that they don’t make it everywhere.Lobster was a poem - do you believe that I have never tasted it in Greece because it’s very expensive - and fried bananas and rice.

Some Dominican kids played happy in the water,some cows came down on the beach and us were the only souls here.One beach for us and what a beach!!The background was amazingly beautiful with a forest of cocopalms
sprouting out of the white sand and the sea changing all the hues of blue
when the sun was hidding behind the clouds.

On the way back the man who owned the boat kindly reduced speed so I could use my camera and passed very close of every beach telling me the names-Playa Madame,Playa Colorado whose sand shimmers with reddish
hues , can be reached by boat,moped,on a horseback or even by foot (2h).

Back to Las Galeras and we explored the next beach on the right owned by Club Bonito hotel.There is a watchman but but you can enter the hotel's beach swim or walk or jogging under the cocopalms.We even used the hotels sunbeds and stayed till the sun set , when the first lights of Las Galeras turned on.At night there's total peace , except of the noises of the tropics...

a month in Las Galeras?

by kWs

I`m a retired guy looking for worthwhile places to hide out from winter. Solo traveler. Have been considering the Club Bonito. Any thoughts'''suggestions...warnings?

Re: a month in Las Galeras?

by billrice56

Last winter I spent 3 months in Puerto Viejo Costa Rica. Carribean beach town, much fun, low prices. Unlike the rest of Costa Rica, that place had pizazz

RE: a month in Las Galeras?

by Alanus

3 weeks in Las Galeras was enough for me. But i met people who stayed 6 weeks, some even lived there.
Still it's a beautiful place with great surroundings!

Comments