Santa Bárbara de Samaná Hotels

Our Members Say

• marielexoteria profile photo marielexoteria
  • Reviews: 850

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa: right in the city

GBP Cayacoa is one of the few all inclusive resorts in the town of Samaná. In your bedroom we got 2 t-shirts and a bottle of rum as welcome gift, as well as free drinks at the in-house mini bar, which they fill up every day. All the rooms have a view towards the pool, the ocean or the garden.

Our room was spacious and impecably clean and with a nice view to the pool and part of the ocean, and our bed was very comfortable. There were 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table on our balcony in case we wanted to sit there and drink, read, etc.

The hotel has 4 restaurants where 1 is the buffet and 3 theme ones. They also have several bars and snack tables that they kept filled up.

This hotel didn't get top score from me because (1) we got lost trying to find it due to no signs on the road, like all the other hotels have and (2) our chambermaid didn't fill up our mini bar (and we found out too late to ask for it).

Besides the amenities a 5-star hotel has, walking distance to the city of Samaná.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written February 25, 2008
Tip Photo

The hotel seen from El Malec��n

• hbwebguy profile photo hbwebguy
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ballenas: Hidden Paradise in Samana

Las Ballenas Escondidas, or "hidden whales" is a bit of a misnomer. The hotel and villas are more hidden than the whales. The location is just outside of Samana, located on a beautiful hillside allowing for some wonderful views from the restaurant, pool and rooms. I was pleasantly surprised by the villa I stayed in. The room had a nice balcony. I had my morning coffee and breakfast almost every morning I was there sitting on the balcony and enjoying the view.

The restaurant was new from what I was told. Great food, I had my first langusta (lobster without the claws), and some good crab and pasta. The hotel has a nice little jacuzzi just of off the beach, good sized pool and they also have four wheeler's for rent. Go down at the right time of the year and the hotel will take you out right from the beach for a great whale watching trip.Highly recommended!!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written April 20, 2007
Tip Photo

View from restaurant at the hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful