Playa Real Beach Resort

Costs More and Rated Lower than similar hotels

See Best VT Value Hotels
e-katarina's Profile Photo

Be aware

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2005

Pretty little hotel built around a courtyard in which there is nice greenery and a swimming pool. Be aware. The front of this hotel gives onto the road into Juan Dolio. It is very busy and very noisy, even at night. One night, some huge lorry started working at about 2 am for several hours.. impossible to sleep over such noise. The hotel has 40 rooms, you may be lucky and get one that does notgive on the road side, but be aware that the building closest to the road is the largest and about half the rooms are in this building... so you have quite a few chances of not being able to have the peaceful holiday sleep you deserve!

I'd like to add that although the room we had was quite large and clean, I cannot see much difference in cathegory with a nice little hotel I went to in Mexico recently and that cost 9 USD per person per night. I think that the rooms, though nice, are shabby for an all inclusive 4 star hotel.

Also, note that when we arrived, the room we'd booked through our agent in Switzerland was not available.. I had been dreading this, as I'd read similar reports on internet.. so when it happenned, I was fuming.. my finace and I have our little idea why they do this..

Playa Real Beach Resort

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Fitness Center

Juan Dolio Travel Forum

Need advice about Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Juan Dolio and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Juan Dolio hotel reviews