Concepción de Ataco Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Cipi@Ataco Hostel

When I arrived in Ataco I first went to an Internet café to look up the name and address of a hostel I had seen on Hosteltrail. When I later looked for it , it turned out that it had closed down. I asked someone for another cheap hotel, but didn’t find it. Then I went to a hotel mentioned in my guide book. It had changed name to Cipi@Ataco Hostel and both the door and gate were closed and no one opened as I knocked on the door. I sat down to look in my book for another place when a man passing by said I should knock again as there were people at El Cipi. And, yes I was lucky.

There were no other customers at the hostel at the moment, because most visitors come at weekends. I got a big room with bathroom for 12 dollars (June 2009). All rooms are facing a garden and there are chairs or sitting hammocks outside the rooms. In the middle of the garden there is a roofed area with table and benches. There were no breakfast or dinner served when I visited, but I guess it is only during weekends when there are more people. There was also a good place where I could do some hand washing. It seems to be a nice place which I can recommend.

• Opinion of Price: N/A