Santa Ana Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Casa Frolaz

When I tried to make a reservation at Casa Frolaz neither the web page nor the email address worked, so I made a phone call from Tacuba. I booked my own room, a double room with bathroom for 18 dollars (June 2009). Most people staying at Casa Frolaz stay in the dorm though, for 7 dollars a night. I liked the room, it was big with paintings on the walls. One wall had the same green colour as my room had when I lived in Nicaragua 20 years previous and that was nice.
Casa Frolaz is the home of the owner Javier Díaz. It is a nice home and Javier is hospitable and have lots of information on the area. One evening Javier brought all of the people staying at Casa Frolaz to two bars and we had a nice evening out. There is a kitchen (where you can have free coffee in the mornings), and a living room with TV (there are films on DVDs and there is cable TV). There is a garden, but when I was going to sit there I had to go inside because of the mosquitoes. There is also a laundry service for 2 dollars per machine.

Casa Frolaz is situated quite far from the down town area, but it is within walking distance from the buses, market, Metrocentro, some restaurants and there are two Internet cafés just round the corner.

• Opinion of Price: N/A

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Salvador Spanish Schools: Homestays with Salvadoran families in Santa Ana

El Salvador Spanish Schools www.salvaspan.com
Tel: 011(503) 749-2679 Email: Info@salvaspan.com

El Salvador Spanish Schools offers courses in Santa Ana, San Salvador, and in Puerto La Libertad, a coastal surfing destination. We offer Spanish language instruction at all levels, and our basic lesson plan consists of twenty hours of study a week, four hours a day. Our class sizes are 1-5 students. We also offer homestays with Salvadoran families in Santa Ana and San Salvador. We now offer Salsa Dance Lessons as well as Merengue, Cumbia, and Folklorico.

Please contact us at email: info@salvaspan.com for more info.
www.Salvaspan.com Study Spanish while you Surf El Salvador!

Full immersion Spanish with great families.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Surfing, Study Abroad, Mountain Climbing
  • Written February 9, 2004
Tip Photo

• gdilieto profile photo gdilieto
  • Reviews: 230

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sahara: Decent Midrange Accomodation in the City Center

The best hotel in the city center at time of my visit, Hotel Sahara barely hits the "Midrange" or "three-star" grade per international standards. Housed In a two-storey building, it is made of a large lobby and restaurant lounge at the ground floor, the guestrooms at the second floor and a panoramic terrace on the top.

My room was basic but clean and with powerful and silent (not a grant in El Salvador) airconditioning. Bathroom in the need of upgrade but clean and with a decent shower. I paid US$48 for a single-room including a very modest Salvadorean breakfast. The restaurant - that I tried at dinner one night - is not worth trying. The owner and the staff are friendly and courteous. The rooftop terrace, landmark of the place, is a good place for some relax (when weather isn't too hot) but the view is not worth remembering.

Location is so-so. Only a five-minute walk from the Main Square, you can walk during the day but you may want to take a taxi when the sun sets, where you can find yourself the only person hanging around in dark and sketchy streets.

All in all, a decent and nothing more midrange place to stay and, for the time being, as good as it gets in Santa Ana city center.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 19, 2008

• pnpetf profile photo pnpetf
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sahara: Nice Hotel in Santa Ana

We stayed here for 4 nights in July 2006. It is a bit run down - sort of shabby former elegance. But, it's a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly, especially the waiters and housekeeping staff. Breakfast is included in the price and it's delicious. There is a beautiful terrace on the roof with great views of the surrounding hills including the Santa Ana volcano.
That's good because most of the rooms have no views. There is window air conditioning and nice big bathrooms. Location is great, easy walking distance to the market, parque central and another public square. We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this hotel!

Great views from the roof terrace.

• Opinion of Price: N/A