Los Cóbanos Hotels

Our Members Say

• gdilieto profile photo gdilieto
  • Reviews: 230

Los Cóbanos Village Lodge: If you really want to spend the night...

I haven't been to this hotel and perhaps I shouldn't write a tip about it, but I'll do it for sake of those ones considering spending the night at Los Cóbanos, as this is the only place I have seen at this beach meeting some international quality standards of accomodation.

The day I got to Los Cóbanos, my intent was to spend the night in this village but, when I got off the bus in a dusty yard in the middle of nowhere asking "where's the village?" and being answered "this is the village", I started thinking it might no be the best thing to do. Then I was offered by someone a room that looked like a prison cell and decided that definitely I would leave the very same day. I rent the prison cell for few dollars for usage as luggage storage and threw myself on the beach until it was time to go.

I don't recommend it, but if you want to spend the night at Los Cóbanos, as of July 2008 the Los Cóbanos Village Lodge was the best bet for accommodation. Consider that the beach is very isolated and the village very poor; after the sunset, not too late in the afternoon, you will likely end up spending the rest of your day in your hotel room.

• Opinion of Price: N/A