Alegría Hotels

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 284

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

My best hostel in the whole trip of november 2010

The other night in Alegria ,we moved to this gem hostel ,Hostal y Cafe Entre Piedras ,it 's right at the central park.I felt like a queen staying in this hostel.It may be a little bit sound exaggerate but I just try to express my good feeling I got from staying here.First of all ,the owner Roberto is a very nice and friendly guy.He treated his costomer very well in everything,like the room decoration ,garden and restaurant decoration,the way he talked to costomer,the way his wife present the food.He cares of everything,really every thing.I couldn't remember how many "vow !" I said during staying here.I don't know why I like this place that much but I do really have very good feeling.Roberto is really a good host.He has only 4 rooms.One main room is used to be a master bed room for the house ,that's why it's so big with king size bed.There's a walking closet and big private bath with hot shower.If anybody come in big group or family with children,there's another room right next to this bath room.But if we are only couple and want privacy ,Roberto will lock this bath room just for us,and other guests has to use another bath outside the building.The other room I just mention is kind of dorm room or family room .It contain with 2 bunk beds ,sleep 4 person.The other 2 rooms is new construction next to this main house.I didn't have a look in those rooms cuz there were some other guests staying.All rooms he charged 16 $ per person ,not per room.Yes, it's a bit expensive for me as we are just a budget traveller,but for the good feeling I had from staying here,it's not expensive at all.I'd love to go back there again.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 22, 2011
Tip Photo

dining room and master bed room

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 284

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cabanas La Estancia de Daniel: My first night in Alegria

After chatting with a nice and friendly lady in the bus from Berlin to Alegria. She was kind to tell the driver to stop right in front of the hostel we plan to stay,which was Cabana La Estancia de Daniel.Actually it located right before central park,even if we get off the bus at central park ,we can walk only 30 seconds to this hostel ,because Alegria is so small.It's lovely little town.
This hotel runs by a local family,a young girl came out to welcome us and calling her father.He is nice and friendly owner,trying to please his costomer well.But one thing that different from other hostel I stayed the whole trip is that he asked for our passports to write down name and passport number on his guest book.Probably he try to do it like a formal hotel.He charged 10 $ per person same as the price I checked before travelling.That day there was no other costomers so he opened all his 4 rooms for us to choose .All rooms are facing a really mini garden,and all rooms are about the same ,which is small room with 2 single beds ,private bath with hot shower,television,and free 3 small bottles of water.No fan or air-con because Alegria situated on 1'100 meter above sea level so the temperature will be nice and cool at night.But if costomer really need a fan ,he can provide a small portable one.
One thing that I want to comment is ,there is interval between the wall and the roof so any insect or small animal can crawl in, for example , spider or worm.Before sleep we saw a big spider right above the bed.I'm worried about mosquitoes more,but so far I saw none of them.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 22, 2011

• conejita71 profile photo conejita71
  • Reviews: 10

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

UN LUGAR ECOLOGICO Y BELLO

Si quieres experimentar 100% el contacto con la naturaleza, respirar aire puro y fresco, y estar en armonìa con el medio ambiente, debes visitar esta finca- restaurante ecològico llamado CARTAGENA, con cabañas de madera, vistas espectaculares, preciosos jardines y una cocina deliciosa. Lo mejor es el cafe Cartagena, propio de la finca, un cafè de altura con calidad de exportaciòn.
Ubicado en Alegria, departamento de Usulutàn, en EL SALVADOR.... un lugar muy bonito para hacer senderismo, descansar, relajarse y divertirte .

Ademàs de la espectacular vista, la comida deliciosa, el cafè de altura, y lo placentero del lugar, puedes hacer una visita a la iglesia de la finca, muy linda, pequeña y rodeada de flores, la cascada de la Virgen, preciosa y bella.
Puedes dormir en sus cabañas de madera, con todas las comodidades, con terraza y vista espectacular al valle y al rio Lempa.
Hay tambièn un mini zoològico con especies de animales ùnicos de esa regiòn.
Puedes comprar plantas y flores culitvadas en el vivero o algùn souvenir en la tienda de recuerdos.

• Opinion of Price: N/A