PO Box 1500, Morne Rouge, St. George's, Grenada, Caribbean

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Laluna

Top Notch Hotel in Grenada

by doktorbombay about Laluna

We stayed at Laluna for 4 nights at the end of a 7 day barefoot cruise in the southern caribbean. This place was exactly what we were looking for. Very private and quiet. Off the beaten path, even a dirt road the last mile or so. Service was impeccable. Both the owner and general manager met us in the driveway as we arrived. Staff was friendly and cherished our privacy as much as we did. Restaurant was excellent. I not only would recommend this place to others, but it's one of the few places we've talked about returning to. The fact this place has only 16 separate cottages makes it unique. We never heard our neighbors, and hardly saw them except in the restaurant or on the beach. The private beach was never crowded. Restaurant did not require a reservation, because the number of guests is so small. Just wander down when you want. Fabulous. If you're looking for amenities, this place is very limiting. If you're looking for a place to chill out, this is the max.

Laluna has it all!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Patrickuf

My wife and I just returned from Grenada yesterday onour honeymoon. I must first say that we had an incredible stay at Laluna and in Grenada. The accomodations at Laluna are first class all the way. From the awesome daybeds surrounding the bar area to the excellent service by its employees, Laluna has it all. My wife was at first alarmed by the stark differences between the bedroom and the bathroom, but eventually got used to showering in the inside/outside bathroom. If you decide to go you must have a drink with the bartender Kyle. He was so nice to my wife and I and even showed us around the island one day. He took us on an unbelieveable hike through the rainforest and showed us many great things about Grenada. This is a very welcoming island and an even more welcoming hotel as they knew our names and drink preferences by the second day. You must remember that this place has only 16 villas so you pretty much have the place to yourselves and can call it home. After spending aconsiderable amount of time talking to the managers, this is exactly the experience that they strive for. My wife and I were talking about how few people would consider going to Grenada just because of the lack of publicity it receives. Believe me, we will be going back as soon as possible!! We loved the culture and the people and especially loved our hotel and its welcoming staff. Some were even brought to tears when we told them we were leaving because we had all become so attached. Snorkeling is beautiful right at the hotel and there is many things to do on the island. Or you can relax and be pampered with a massage on your private deack and enjoy one of Kyle's famous cocktails and his energetic personality. I have never felt compelled to write a review after we have taken a trip, but I knew that after researching for our honeymoon that this may come in handy for someone out there and I wanted others to be able to have the awesome experience that we did. I truly hope this helps someone out and they can experience Grenada and Laluna because let me tell you it is very hard to focus on work today after the beautiful honeymoon we just enjoyed. Safe travels and please say hello to everyone at Laluna.

Yoga in Grenada Paradise

by DreamingSpain

LaLuna Hotel, at the very furthest driveable road from Grand Anse Roundabout, is my idea of a heavenly Yoga Retreat.

The hotel is absolutely sublime, but I wasn't staying there, I stayed at Blue Horizons who helped me discover where I could find a regular yoga practice.

There are daily yoga or pilates classes on offer, in the most amazing, unforgettable setting.

From Kundalini Yoga with Kia to Vinyasa Yoga and Yin Yoga with Lindsay, Hatha Yoga with Lesley and something I had never heard of called Forest Yoga which I also tried one day.

I walked to LaLuna most days as the exercise helped warm me up for some pretty challenging asanas at times I can tell you! But that was no reflection on the girls teaching, just on me having over worked for too long and got stiff and crusty in every way.

I couldn't recommend LaLuna higher for a wonderful, deeply relaxing yoga practice. Wendy, Bernardo, you have created Heaven.

Very romantic getaway

by TripAdvisor Member MNM-NY

My wife and I stayed at Laluna for seven days and had a wonderful time. All of the staff were extremely friendly and always willing to help us out any way they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We stayed in room #7 which is a private cottage with a great view. The room was very spacious with a comfortable bed. My only gripe about the room was that they placed the toilet and bathroom sink outside of the room which was subjected to the extreme humidity. It is no fun sitting on the toilet in 90 degree weather with 100% humidity. However, the outdoor shower was a nice touch and contrary to other review postings we did not find any lizards in the bathroom although several were roaming around outside.

Meals
=====
We did not choose the overpriced meal plan and we were glad we didn't. We ate at the Laluna restaurant every day for breakfast but traveled to other places for dinner and lunch. We did have a couple of dinners at Laluna and the food was very good but a bit pricey.

Activities
=======
We did some snorkling right off the Laluna beach and saw some nice reefs and tropical fish. We hooked up with a local tour guide and visited the tropical rain forrest and Seven falls. We had a nice time exploring both places. Make sure you wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty if you go to either of these places. We spent a couple of days in town and hung out with the natives in the marketplace. The people were very friendly and we enjoyed eating at some local restaurants while walking around the area.

I must admit though that my favorite activity was lounging around all day on the private beach with my wife, reading books and sipping on tropical drinks. That's what true vacations are all about and Laluna was the perfect place for that. If you have the money to spend, you won't be disappointed with your stay there.

Perfect place to unplug and relax!

by TripAdvisor Member SMBNorthernVirginia

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary with 7 nights at Laluna in October and we're still talking about how wonderful it was! We loved it so much that I felt compelled to write this review and post a few photos almost three months later.

We had a very stressful year leading up to our anniversary and originally had other plans--which we cancelled when we found Laluna. Unlike most of our vacations, our goal this time was to completely unplug and do absolutely nothing--Laluna was perfect for that. We slept, swam, ate, read, and walked on the beach.

The ambiance is beautiful; great attention to detail, design and style without being pretentious. Everything from the food to the service is top quality but not overdone and it contributes to a very relaxed atmosphere.

We loved our room (cottage #6) and, even though I am very particular about cleanliness, I thought the "outdoor" bathroom and shower were a fantastic touch. We sat on our veranda every night and even had dinner and breakfast brought up several times. The only note I would make about cottage 6 is that the plunge pool is shaded most of the day so it was too cold for us to use.

The staff were first-rate; they were always around if we needed anything but were never intrusive.

If you're looking for an intimate, private setting, you won't be disappointed. We saw 3-4 other couples there throughout the week so we almost felt like we had the place to ourselves.

With all of the corporate/chain resorts out there which look the same no matter where they are, it is truly refreshing to find a unique property like Laluna!

One of the best in the Caribbean

by TripAdvisor Member not2woryluv

wow! We have traveled and lived in the Caribbean over the past 35 years and this remote and lovely resort has it all. A great place to honeymoon and renew romance at any age.

The only advice would be that if you have trouble climbing stairs it's not for you. The accommodations perch on a hillside over looking one of the lovliest beaches in the Caribbean. We'd recommend rooms 7, 8 or 9. Room 8 has a unobstructed view of the sea from your king sized 4-poster bed and yet privacy prevails.

The staff is accommodating and yet not overbearing. The road is the worse road in Grenada to get to LuLuna, but who cares, once you are there, there is no reason to leave. A wonderful mix of people of all ages and from all areas around the world.

Bring your camera. Based on a poster I left mine at home. The scenery at LaLuna is one you will want to captivate with your camera. Like most Islands, if you are in doubt if the locals want their picture taken, ask first.

Restaurants that we would recommend outside the resort include Spice Island, Aquarium, Calabas and Beach House (which is just a stroll down the beach from LaLuna).

Christine and Michael, the Managers, and their staff will make you feel welcomed and relaxed.

Ciao!

perfection for couples, perfect rooms, perfect food

by TripAdvisor Member maliblue

This is indeed a hidden gem. My wife and I travel extensively and love boutique hotels that offer the style and service one would expect from the top hotels, without the "we could be anywhere in the world sameness",......... LaLuna did not disappoint. The rooms are stylish (no bad carribean floral patterns here -and you won't find any faux toucan prints either...) and there are balanese and african furniture touches throughout the resort -everything is done with taste and a subtle hand. Each villa has its own deck with a sunbed overlooking the bay. The outdoor bathrooms and showers are wonderful (some may not like the open air aspect note-they are very private, but not separated from flora or fauna which we have also experienced in indonesia and malaysia and love). The plunge pools are more of a hot tub size, but they are not needed as the main pool and warm ocean are steps away.....I am thrown off by an earlier reviewers take on the food at the restuarant..... this is one of the best resort restuarants we have ever been to (and this includes the Penninsula, Oberoi etc....).....it is small, but the menu is varied and very healthy and fresh...including both local dishes and a wide variety of very well prepared continental cusine.... it is the first resort we have been to where we did not tire of the menu during our 10 day stay (again, this is likely due to the variation of the general menu, along with changing specials and fresh fish each day). We had everything from perfect fresh lobster to sirloin, to fresh pasta's and pumpkina and ginger soup......(you can also ask Bernadito, the chef and a wonderful talent to make just about anything....)
The staff have a kindness and warmth that really blew us away...... we felt like we were leaving friends by the end of our stay (they balanced our desire to learn about the island, with respect for our privacy which is always a difficult feat)....

As I am writing this review, I am a bit perplexed as it seems "too good to be true", but I really cannot find anything I would change about this resort.......We had a car while at LaLuna and stopped by many of the other places we had considered and were soooooo glad we had chosen LaLuna......(we lunched one day at Spice Island which felt like a bad Hyatt, and had a crowd that should have been on a cheap cruise ship.....)

But I will throw out some heads up advice: do not bring children here as this is really aimed at couples and kids would be bored out of their mind.... also, note that there are a number of steps to most of the villas -this was a non-issue for us, but is worth knowing if this would be a negative for you....

We will definately return to LaLuna!

A gem within the gem of Grenada

by TripAdvisor Member dalibaba

This vacation couldn't have come at a better time. My wife and I loved pretty much everything about Laluna and Grenada itself. We stayed right before the rainy season is supposed to hit and the weather was perfect - plenty of sun, not killer heat and it rained at night. You can't ask for better conditions.

The best way to describe this property is "island chic". It is definitely a high end property, this was a major splurge trip for us. The rooms are decorated in an Italian villa style with imported bath products stocked in your bathrooms. The linens and bed are both comfortable, especially after lounging in the sun all day. We were also wary about the "open air" bathroom, but it really is invigorating. You can take a refreshing shower while looking out at the ocean and feel a cool island breeze blowing through - loved it.

The lounge area by the pool and bar has a Euro feel to it. Nice looking people in swimwear lounging on overstuffed couches and chairs, sipping drinks while the soothing sounds of Thievery Corporation play - you feel cool just being there. The pool is okay for a quick splash if you get too hot, but why not hop in the gorgeous ocean water instead? The water is near perfect temperature and the mini-reefs surrounding the private beach area provide for hours of snorkel fun.

The staff and the people of Grenada are very genuine people. We've been to other islands where people gave you a smile and "how ya doin'" hoping that there was a tip at the end of their conversation. But Kyle, Fiona and the whole crew for that matter are extremely pleasant and great people to get to know.

Definitely try and explore Grenada while you are there. Take a rainforest tour, eat a Roti, try some pure cocoa, etc.

Here are a few things I would do to improve a near perfect establishment:
1.) Fix the road, you'd think you had just driving through a recently bombed area there are so many holes in the road. Not just potholes, areas where the road is just missing. This isn't the properties fault necessarily, it is due to other construction in the area, but it jacks up the price of cabs and the time it takes to get anywhere off of the resort.

2.) Add some more beach chair/table combos. If you sleep in too late, you might not get a pair of chairs and umbrella right on the beach. And then people will just camp their stuff there all day long even if they go back to their room - boo to that beach etiquette.

3.) The on-site restaurant has a nice variety of foods. We ate there often as part of our package. I would add some more "Grenadian" dishes or infused items to the menu. It has nice pastas and continental fare, but if you're in the islands, it would be great to eat some of the foods synonymous to the islands.

4.) This is not a budget hotel. You pay a premium for something this nice, and you should, but there are some items that I thought were priced a little high. My wife and I are not big drinkers and I am so thankful for that. You can get into the $100's pretty quickly if you like fruity tropical drinks and champagne. It would be nice if more basic drinks like bottled water or the local beer was a little cheaper. If memory serves, a Carib Beer there is close to $10 (USD) and it is $2 (USD) in town. Down a 'sixer, pay $60. Cheers!

But don't let these four minor points keep you away from a pristine holiday in a stunning location. Grenada truly was the hidden gem of the Caribbean we were hoping to find. Thanks Laluna!

Grenada - Part of a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise

by doktorbombay

"Laluna Hotel, Grenada"

At the end of our 7 day barefoot cruise with Windjammer, we wanted to take a few days break before heading home. We stayed at Laluna, just outside of St. George. With only 16 cottages, all separated from each other, this was the perfect place to unwind after a busy 7 day cruise. I don't think I've slept so much in 3 days as I did here. What a perfect place to unwind. If you're looking for a place that's very private and quiet, this is it.

"Concord Falls, Grenada"

Grenada has many spectacular sights. Among them are the Concord Falls. The falls are beautiful, but the facilities at the falls are very spartan. Don't expect much, other than the beautiful falls.

"The Spice Island"

Grenada is known as the spice island because of it's nutmeg, cinnamon, cocoa, etc. They also grow anthiriums here for export, as well as some bananas. We toured a spice plantation and it was very informative. Had no idea how cocoa plants were harvested. They sure go to a lot of trouble to quench our appetite for chocolate.

Grenada - A Hidden Heavenly Treasure

by DreamingSpain

"Why I Went ..."

I needed a break of gargantuan proportions to heal my life in a big way. I say that because I really can't answer "Why did I choose Grenada?" - compared with other Caribbean islands, it has relatively few people writing about it ... or so I thought, plus I was so exhausted that it was far easier to simply be nutured by Mandy at Just Grenada than think too much about which other places were available to me for a healing break.

"Where did I stay?"

With Arnold Hopkin and his team at Blue Horizons just behind Grand Anse Beach.

Blue Horizons is exactly that ... from my room on my arrival, I stood on my balcony and tears filled my eyes as I gazed across the rooftops to the longest stretch of Caribbean Ocean.

My little cabin, as I came to think of my hide-away chalet, became a place of rest, creativity and healing.

I didn't spend much time out and about socialising - I needed a very serious rest.

"What I Found ..."

To say I found myself would be a bit dramatic ...! But I found warmth, loving respect and gentleness, fun and playfulness and much needed care and attention.

I practiced yoga every single day at LaLuna, a 30 minute quite hot walk away from Blue Horizons, but absolutely worth it. I practiced Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Yin Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. Thanks to all the wonderful people both at La Luna and the teachers themselves for helping a healing begin.

Bedroom at LalunaBedroom at Laluna

Bathroom at LalunaBathroom at Laluna

Our secluded cottage at LalunaOur secluded cottage at Laluna

The not so crowded beach at LalunaThe not so crowded beach at Laluna

Grenada hotels/ Laluna?

by coops822

WE have traveled quite a bit through the Caribbean and would like to return this summer. We're looking at Laluna on Grenada but WE can't seem to find much information on the hotel. Specifically, we're looking for reviews of the hotel and Grenada in general. Especially things to do, restaurants and recommendations from travelers familiar with the area. Any help in greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Grenada hotels/ Laluna?

by margaretewell

Check out grenadaexplorer.com - travel forums. I believe there are several reviews of LaLuna.

Comments