Grenada Hotels

Our Members Say

• DreamingSpain profile photo DreamingSpain
  • Reviews: 11

Petite Anse Hotel: My Personal Grenadian Favourite

I utterly adored Petite Anse, staying there for a couple of days during my trip to Grenada. I didn't book with them initially because I wanted to be near Grand Anse beach, however I fell utterly in love with the hotel, Annie and Philip and Dog the Dog on arrival.

The service, facilities, amenities are simply perfect. Jamie the chef cooks delicious home made everything with flair and a smile.

Faultless.

Location - the views over the Grenadines are breathtaking.

The infinity pool - watching people marvelling at a wonder of the world as they too enjoy the staggering views.

The staff are amazing. Special thanks go to Annie and Philip for creating this incredible treasure, and to Jamie and Michelle, Donna and Aaron. Those who aren't mentioned are thanked equally hugely.

The food - everything, wherever possible, is home produced and home made, including pineapples, bread, lettuces and herbs, sausages and icecreams.

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Eco-Tourism
  • Written April 9, 2010

• DreamingSpain profile photo DreamingSpain
  • Reviews: 11

Blue Horizons: A Hidden Gem

I spent three wonderful weeks at Blue Horizons, two roads back from Grand Anse Beach. I chose Blue Horizons specifically because it was affordable while still being walking distance from a two mile beach, and because it came highly recommended by "Just Grenada".

The welcome was delightful - I was presented with a fruit punch (I think it had alcohol in it actually as I drank it very quickly and promptly felt decidedly "merry"!) and a divine bowl of papaya.

My room had everything I needed even if it felt a little dark when the door closed. I soon dealt with that by propping the door open to allow the sunlight to stream in.

The reception staff, most especially Mary, were kind, helpful, and patiently tolerated my ridiculous daily banter with them. With hindsight, I wonder if they wished I would just go away sometimes - the dangers of middle aged women travelling alone ....!

I didn't eat in the hotel partly because my budget was very tight and partly because I had specifically gone away to spend time out and about with the locals, and likely preparing simple fayre in my perfectly adequate little kitchenette which I did most evenings.

I commend Blue Horizons on their serious efforts to be ecofriendly. They have a composting policy, were happy to not wash my sheets every day but instead only once a week as asked, and have in their bathrooms the request on recycling towels and not overflushing lavatories. Their social conscience is well placed.

The walk to the beach is a fantasy-adventure of Crabs! There are crab holes dotted along both sides of the roads, and I think these little beasties feel your vibrations as you walk as no sooner had I spotted them than they would dash away into hiding. It became a game ... for me to see if I could get alongside them before they scuttled sideways into their crab holes!

I enjoyed my time at Blue Horizons very much. Criticisms? Nothing major at all. It's easy to find small glitches but I reported those to reception and they were dealt with. That's what matters.

Well done Blue Horizons on creating a lovely, healing, respectful environment in absolute keeping with Grenada in every way.

I am an artist, therefore the paintings struck me immediately.

The staff were so helpful in dong their absolute best to answer some of my stranger (middle aged woman travelling alone) questions, even contacting other hotels to help me set up my yoga agenda.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 9, 2010
Tip Photo

• nsbm profile photo nsbm
  • Reviews: 231
Many choices

There are a range of accomodation types from all inclusive sprawls to camping sites. Most of the accomodation is around Grande Anse and the southwestern peninsula. Luxurious resorts can be goggled and feature in most travel brochures/sites/agents. A less used but just as exotic experience is staying at the Great Plantation houses. Most are located in the northern reaches or central part of the island. They provide all modern amenities with colonial island charm. The Grenada Tourism official site or local tour operators can source these at reasonable prices. The further away from St George's the hotels become sparse but do look around for local bed and breakfast deals. I went on a day trip so didn't need a bed!! However you can negotiate for day rooms/facilities at most loarger hotels for a slightly cheaper price.....

The resorts are usually on the beach or close to the water. The Great houses are usually inland on hillsides or near lakes with commanding views. The latter are good for inland forays and eco-activities. Hey no where is far from the beach in Grenada...the choice is yours.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written January 1, 2009

southern peninsula

• caro1963 profile photo caro1963
  • Reviews: 1

Rex Grenadian: Nice Hotel on a beautifil beach

In August/September 2007 I stayed with my husband and my two children at the Rex, a great 3,5 stars hotel not far away from the airport and located on two of the most beautiful beaches of Grenada. I never thought that Grenada is so beautiful. I feel like I`m in paradise.
No stress, nice weather, beautiful sightseeing and a great landscape with waterfalls.
Also good cooking in a lot of restaurants nearby the hotel (maybe 5 - 10 min. by car or taxi).

Available: hillside-, seaview- and rooms directly on the beach, also suites; an internat. restaurant (I didn`t enjoy it), an oriental Restaurant (very good), a bar, also poolbar great pool on a cliff between the two nice beaches, diving center, also snorkeling

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written September 20, 2007

• Henrik_rrb profile photo Henrik_rrb
  • Reviews: 456

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gem holiday beach resort: Right above the sea

Very nice looking beach hotel just 1,5 meter from the beach at Mourne Rouge Bay. The bay is just around the corner from the city St George, about half an hour with taxi from the airport at Grenada.

According to the website the least one can book is for three nights, but we stayed there for just one, although paid a bit extra for that. They offer appartments, all with seawiew, and with one or two bedrooms.

When we arrived in the evening we went directly down to the bar, from where you can sit more or less on the beach. Just perfect. In the room next door is the restaurant, so you can sit in the bar while the staff prepares your table. It's also here you'll get the breakfast in the morning, with a view right out on the bay. Too bad I was there with eight friends, otherwise I would say it would have been very romantic! :)

The appartments are clean, and big enough for 3-4 people. We were six in one of them, and that was a bit too much. But for one night, sure okay.

In the same place there is also a nightclub, Fantazia 2001, with nice club evenings some days a week.

Dinner at the restaurant was great, I had the special 3-meal dinner, which they had just started with. The head waitress afterwards came out and asked us about how we had liked it, just to make sure they made it even better next time.

Breakfast was very nice, nice with tropical fruits, although the rest was nothing special. We ordered a plate of pancakes just to be sure to be full, but for some reason they forgot to serve us that in the end.

The view is amazing, perfect to start the vacation. The beach bar was amazing too, just perfect after 16 hours of flying from cold Sweden. I'll forever have Carib as my favourite beer after that night! :)

A bit far from the closest town, so if you want city life you should look somewhere else. Instead the resort is perfect for persons who looks for calmness and/or romance.

Beach was great, and so was the water. Just simply perfect!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written January 29, 2007

The Gem Holiday seen from the bay

• Goienaga profile photo Goienaga
  • Reviews: 52

The Flamboyant: Great location in Grand Anse

This is a very peacefull hotel with self caterring rooms, Yes I would recommend this place, its one of the cheapest ones and has all of the ammenities you can expect. If you are in a tigh budget cause you travel alone you can pay only for the room and you have a small kichenette wil¡th fridge microwave owen and so, plus about half mile away a convinient supermarket where you can get everuthing you need.

It has all the facilities you need a Gym a swiming pool great restaurant, bar and all of this kind of staff. The hotel has its own dive center, very convinient and with good prices also. the dive masters and instructors are very professionals and can show you the beste places arround the island with wreck diving reef diving and so.

• Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written November 13, 2006

From the room

• doktorbombay profile photo doktorbombay
  • Reviews: 6

Laluna: Top Notch Hotel in Grenada

We stayed at Laluna for 4 nights at the end of a 7 day barefoot cruise in the southern caribbean. This place was exactly what we were looking for. Very private and quiet. Off the beaten path, even a dirt road the last mile or so. Service was impeccable. Both the owner and general manager met us in the driveway as we arrived. Staff was friendly and cherished our privacy as much as we did. Restaurant was excellent. I not only would recommend this place to others, but it's one of the few places we've talked about returning to.

The fact this place has only 16 separate cottages makes it unique. We never heard our neighbors, and hardly saw them except in the restaurant or on the beach. The private beach was never crowded. Restaurant did not require a reservation, because the number of guests is so small. Just wander down when you want. Fabulous. If you're looking for amenities, this place is very limiting. If you're looking for a place to chill out, this is the max.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written March 19, 2006
Tip Photo

Outside view of one of the cottages

• dbeatty profile photo dbeatty
  • Reviews: 78

Calabash Hotel: Lap of Luxury

Our whirlpool suite #28 was really nice. It was decorated beautifully. There was a separate sitting area with the television and air conditioning in both rooms. The bed was very comfortable.
The only negative things I would have to say are the shower pressure was really bad and so was the pressure in the bidet which made it inoperable, and, this was one of those places where the men had to dress in trousers for dinner. The room service menu was not great either. The hotel was having some phone problems while we were there and the phones were out for two days. They don't have electrical transformers so I was invited to charge my cell phone in the lobby.
Your breakfast menu was requested the evening before. At your requested breakfast time , staff would set the table outside of your door on your private patio and serve breakfast. Be careful of the birds! They know exactly when you are done and will swoop down for the leftovers. They watch from the roofs!
They have a large grassy area next to the beach, and a more casual beach restaurant and bar area. We did have lunch here a couple of times and the food was good. I would recommend the chicken salad which was called something like "coronation chicken" or something like that, it was in a curry mayonaise and really yummy.
It was really hot here though for some reason. Maybe they just didn't have a breeze in the area.
The staff were all pretty friendly and the service was good.
We enjoyed our stay here, it was very comfortable and a great way to end our trip.

Breakfast served on your private patio.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written November 4, 2005
Tip Photo

living area w/doors to bedroom

• TuanRonski profile photo TuanRonski
  • Reviews: 17

Gem Holiday Beach Resort: The Gem is a Gem

The Gem was a great place to get back the feeling of civilization (hot water, airconditioning) after several days of beachcombing, etc.

The Gem is located on Morne Rouge Bay, next to the best beach in Grenada-Grand Anse, and provides a fairly isolated location right next to all the touristy attractions (best of both worlds). The views from the rooms are fantastic.
The restaurant (Sur La Mer) is undergoing renovation, so a limited menu is available from a makeshift restaurant, but you can still get meals delivered to your room.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written February 7, 2005

Great Balcony Views

• TuanRonski profile photo TuanRonski
  • Reviews: 17

La Sagesse Nature Center: Isolated Beauty

La Sagesse is located on the SE part of Grenada, in St. David's Parish. The facilities are nice, the food is great, the staff attentive.
When we arrived late from our trip, the staff kept the kitchen open for us to have a meal after 10 PM. I would recommend this place for people who just want to get away for a private vacation- there is not much else around there, and only 12 rooms at La Sagesse- but that is what I wanted.

The nice thing about La Sagesse rooms are that they are all located less than 30' from the ocean. The patio for our room was about 10' from the waves. The surf was fairly rough, and the waves were loud, but the sound of waves is music to my ears!
There's no pool, but who goes to the ocean to swim in a pool?

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 29, 2005

La Sagesse Entrance

• iwys profile photo iwys
  • Reviews: 2023

Rex Grenadian: A Romantic Resort

The Rex has two beaches: one for sunbathing and one for watersports. There is also a nice swimming pool, overlooking the sea and a fitness centre by a lagoon.

The food and service in the restaurants was excellent.

It is definitely worth taking an all-inclusive package. Guests who had booked room only all expressed their regret, as they eventually spent a lot more than if they had booked all-inclusive in the first place.

There is live entertainment every evening, ranging from steel bands to reggae and soca. You need that because there isn't a great deal of nightlife in Grenada, outside the hotels.

The beautiful pool with its poolside cocktail bar and barbecue restaurant, is high up, on a ledge, ovelooking the two beaches.

There's free sunfish sailing, windsurfing and snorkelling. Sailing and diving instructors are available for a fee.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Water Sports, Beaches
  • Written October 18, 2004
Tip Photo

• barbados-paradise profile photo barbados-paradise
  • Reviews: 8

Gem Holiday Beach Resort: A great place in Grenada

This hotel is located directly on the beach.
The room are large and clean.
Most of them have a great ocean View .
The "rotis" in the reataurant are deliciously.

Great views,

• Reviews: 93

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grenada Grand Beach resort: What a view

Hotel description above.

Here is a photo of the view from our balcony.

I know we don't all have endless budgets, but I'd really recommend a beachfront room. To be able to wake and walk out onto your balcony and view the wonderful Grand Anse beach is a dream.

Bliss!

• Written September 1, 2004

Grand Anse Beach from our balcony

• LisaMJ profile photo LisaMJ
  • Reviews: 93

Grenada Grand Beach Resort: Average Hotel - Fantastic Location

Because this was a last minute 3 star holiday, we weren't expecting the world.
The hotel itself is lovely, good value, and set right on the best part of Grand Anse Beach (the best on Grenada in my opinion).

We stayed in the Grand Beachfront rooms, which were nice, but perhaps not worth the upgrade price from the normal beachfront rooms, which also looked fine.

The service at the bar is quite poor - waiting 20 mins for a drink sometimes (which is a long time while you are just sitting their waiting!). Reception staff are terrible and should be ashamed of themselves, but housekeeping and the tour office are the nicest people I've ever met on a holiday.

We only ate breakfast and a couple of lunches at the hotel. Breakfast after 9am gets cold, lunch is the usual fayre - burgers, chicken roti. Very expensive though for food and drink though, so the mall far across is recommended - which also has Ricks Cafe with THE best pizzas.

Overall, wouldn't recommend it for a really 'special' holiday like a honeymoon, as it's not memorable enough for that, (although it would make an ideal base). But it's great for an annual holiday to relax and enjoy the beach/surroundings.

The pool - amazing! In three big sections with waterfalls and bridges, and 'fake' jacuzzis set at the top of the waterfall.

There is also a swin up bar, but don't expect to actually be able to get a drink!

Lovely pool complex, plenty of sun loungers. Some sunbed reserving went on (Grrrrr!). Lots of parasols for shade too, and occasionally a drinks service.

Despite the service misgivings, the hotel is in one of the best locations - it's always a slower pace of life in the Caribbean, but you really will wait a while to get even an inch from the bar or reception staff at Grenada Grand Beach Resort. As long as you can overlook that, it's a great choice.

• Written August 31, 2004

Grand Beach Hotel pool/waterfall

• Rachael71 profile photo Rachael71
  • Reviews: 227

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Calabash: In the lap of luxury!

We were fortunate enough to spend two weeks at the Calabash Hotel in L'Anse Aux Epines, and it was an experience unlike any other. I think the staff:guest ratio is something like 2:1, so you can imagine how well they look after you.

Our room was extremely spacious and clean. There was good air conditioning, a fridge (a bit pricey, so we stocked up on Carib beer at the supermarket instead!), sofas and a CD player. Televisions are available on request. The bathroom was also big, and included a jacuzzi bath! The piece de resistance had to be our private pool at the back of the room though. This was described as a 'plunge pool', but was easily big enough to swim a few strokes in, or just to laze about on an air bed (provided by the hotel) with a beer and a good book.

Breakfast is served on your private terrace every morning by the maid, you have to complete a menu the day before. Hors d'oeuvres are brought to your room each evening at around 6pm. Afternoon tea is available in the restaurant at around 3pm.

The hotel is by the beach, and it's nice to lie and watch the yachts arrive to visit the dockyard just a little further around the bay. The Calabash is the only hotel on this beach, so there aren't many hawkers - those that do visit are happy to pass the time of day if you don't want to buy anything. If you don't like the beach, there is a pleasant swimming pool. Other facilities include a library, internet access, a snooker table and a beauty salon/hairdresser (for an additional charge).

The big draw of this hotel is the food. The British chef Gary Rhodes is a consultant to the Calabash and designs the menus himself using local produce. He visits several times a year, and we were lucky enough to meet him during our stay. The restaurant is open to diners who are not staying at the hotel, so even if you don't stay at the Calabash, I recommend visiting for a meal one evening.

Other than that, the sheer luxury of this hotel makes it a very special place.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Luxury Travel