Grenada Grand Beach Resort

More about Grenada Grand Beach Resort

What a view

by LisaMJ about Grenada Grand Beach resort

Hotel description above.

Here is a photo of the view from our balcony.

I know we don't all have endless budgets, but I'd really recommend a beachfront room. To be able to wake and walk out onto your balcony and view the wonderful Grand Anse beach is a dream.

Bliss!

Average Hotel - Fantastic Location

by LisaMJ about Grenada Grand Beach Resort

Because this was a last minute 3 star holiday, we weren't expecting the world.
The hotel itself is lovely, good value, and set right on the best part of Grand Anse Beach (the best on Grenada in my opinion).

We stayed in the Grand Beachfront rooms, which were nice, but perhaps not worth the upgrade price from the normal beachfront rooms, which also looked fine.

The service at the bar is quite poor - waiting 20 mins for a drink sometimes (which is a long time while you are just sitting their waiting!). Reception staff are terrible and should be ashamed of themselves, but housekeeping and the tour office are the nicest people I've ever met on a holiday.

We only ate breakfast and a couple of lunches at the hotel. Breakfast after 9am gets cold, lunch is the usual fayre - burgers, chicken roti. Very expensive though for food and drink though, so the mall far across is recommended - which also has Ricks Cafe with THE best pizzas.

Overall, wouldn't recommend it for a really 'special' holiday like a honeymoon, as it's not memorable enough for that, (although it would make an ideal base). But it's great for an annual holiday to relax and enjoy the beach/surroundings. The pool - amazing! In three big sections with waterfalls and bridges, and 'fake' jacuzzis set at the top of the waterfall.

There is also a swin up bar, but don't expect to actually be able to get a drink!

Lovely pool complex, plenty of sun loungers. Some sunbed reserving went on (Grrrrr!). Lots of parasols for shade too, and occasionally a drinks service.

Despite the service misgivings, the hotel is in one of the best locations - it's always a slower pace of life in the Caribbean, but you really will wait a while to get even an inch from the bar or reception staff at Grenada Grand Beach Resort. As long as you can overlook that, it's a great choice.

What to do: Explore the...

by beach_freak

What to do: Explore the Bianca C, a 600-foot submerged cruise ship that's the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean; Sanvics Scuba & Jeep Rentals at the Grenada Grand Beach Resort leads tours ($50 per person).

Souvenirs!

by LisaMJ about Grand Anse Vendors Market

It is apparently illegal for you to be approached by vendors in Grenada - they class it as harrassment.

Instead a vendors maret area was opened near Grand Anse Beach, just up the way from the Grenada Grand Beach Resort Hotel, selling all the souvenirs you could want. Nutmeg syrup, spices, hot sauce to name but a few.

The Gem is a Gem

by TuanRonski about Gem Holiday Beach Resort

The Gem was a great place to get back the feeling of civilization (hot water, airconditioning) after several days of beachcombing, etc. The Gem is located on Morne Rouge Bay, next to the best beach in Grenada-Grand Anse, and provides a fairly isolated location right next to all the touristy attractions (best of both worlds). The views from the rooms are fantastic.
The restaurant (Sur La Mer) is undergoing renovation, so a limited menu is available from a makeshift restaurant, but you can still get meals delivered to your room.

Fantastic visit during September 2005 visit to Grenada Grand

I recently returned from a fantastic three-day stay at the Grenada Grand. Prior to my visit, I had some concerns about the resort, given some of the recent reviews here. I found all of the staff, especially those at the front desk, to be extremely helpful and friendly both on the phone and in person. My room, including the bathroom, was immaculate, well-lit, and stocked with beach towels. The grounds were beautiful and extremely well maintained. I was traveling alone on business, so I did not really venture beyond the resort to eat. The food was very good, although not excellent, and averaged about 12.00/meal, including an alcoholic beverage and tip. Under different circumstances, I would probably venture elsewhere to dine for an occasional lunch or dinner because the selection at the resort is somewhat limited. Overall, I would highly recommend the Grenada Grand.

Great Family Holiday

Our family of six just returned from a terrific week at the Grenada Grand Beach Resort. We found all the staff members, with the exception of one, to be extremely friendly and helpful at all times. The manager, Marie, was highly visible and available to all guests almost all waking hours. Our beachfront rooms were spacious, clean and up to date. We had plenty of towels and the staff would always bring extra when requested. The food was good, and the service very good. We were all inclusive so we enjoyed lunch at the pool bar and we didn't have to venture too far from our pool loungers to eat or drink. This is a very quiet resort with entertainment only two evenings a week. The New Year's Eve celebration was a lot of fun! We spent one day touring the island, but otherwise enjoyed a very laid back holiday at this beautiful beach resort.

Wonderful Vacation Destination!

by TripAdvisor Member Woody547

We arrived home last night from a week at the beautiful Grenada Grand Beach Resort. We would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going to the island. The hotel was extremely well maintained and very clean. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and groomed each day. The beach is very clean and, during the week, not busy. On the weekend and when the cruise ships were in, it was busier but not overpowering. Across from the hotel, there is a Scotia bank for exchanging money and a small plaza with a grocery store and some gift stores. For anyone who wants to venture downtown etc. the minibus will pick you up right outside the hotel and drop you off wherever you wish. We found the staff very friendly and accommodating. We did not have an all inclusive plan but we had the buffet breakfast each morning and found it very good, expecially the made-to-order omelettes. We may consider going all inclusive in the future but we like to try different restaurants. It is not the hotel for party goers, it is generally very quiet, even on the two evenings when they have entertainment. We found no fault with this resort and were very baffled by the negative reviews of other people. We wouldn't hesitate to return to the Grenada Grand.

Waste of Money!

This will be chapter 1 of my stories of a "Trip to Grenada - Grand Beach Resort". CRRRAAAAP!!!
What we expected was an "all-inclusive" resort that would accommodate everything stated from our travel agent. What we got was .... well, have you ever seen the movie "Club Paradise" with Robin Williams? This was an exact mirror of that movie. On the web site, there are tennis courts, an executive 9-hole course and super pictures of the rooms. The rooms were a death trap to my 2 year old daughter. She almost fell through the balcony floor. The bathtubs would fill up with green sludge and would not drain. The doors on the cabinets fell off and landed on my daughter. The tennis courts were missing one net, and the golf course was damaged. And when we asked about playing on the course, we were told, "It is a $10 US cab ride to the nearest golf course."
To reply to someone else's review of the newer 4 story building with newer rooms - you are wrong, they are better. The resort is split in to two sections. The 4 story building and the rest of the resort. If you know the difference between a Motel and a Hotel you will know what I mean. The 4 story building was the Hotel.

The staff:
The word "NO" came across their lips more often than I could ask for a drink. "Can I have a Heineken? - No!" "Can I have Lobster that is on the menu? - No, but if you want to pay for it, it's $25 US."
This is not a 4 star resort and it is definitely not an "All-Inclusive" package.

I will admit that the beach, the water and the 1 pool were quite nice, but it was all ruined by the poor service that was promised. Oh yes, 1 pool! The other pool was closed because it was as green as the leaves on the trees. I agree with one review stated earlier on in this web site - "Marie" was the angel! If you are going down to this resort (God help you), do yourself a favour and introduce yourself to Marie and give her $$$, bow to her and say "Please help us, please help us". She is the only one who knew how to help people out with their requests.

I don't care about carribean time! Stop using that as an excuse for - YOU ARE LAZY! Don't take a job that requires you to serve people drinks and food!

There was 1 high chair in the entire restaurant.
There is not 2 restaurants like their web site says - -----
There is only 1 restaurant.
Menu:
Chicken, Fish or ????
$25 US and you get Lobster. All Inclusive?

There was no bar at the swim up bar. The bar by the pool was not open everyday. If it rained for 5 minutes, they would close the bar and never open it until the next day.

I'm quite sure people are thinking this is one in many. We talked with most of the people at the resort and they were not impressed. One family paid to move to another island. They contacted their travel agent and told them to do whatever it takes to get them somewhere else.

I will post another review shortly. I will include pictures.

Best overall

I just came back from a week at the Grenada Grand and I feel a bit obliged to counter some of the negative comments that have been posted. Some of them are valid, but are not entirely in-line with my own experience.

I was there Jan 30-Feb 6, 2005. Both pools were operating and were clean. There are 2 restaurants, but they are open at times that don’t really overlap (except at lunch). As well, its true that there is no food available from 5-7pm, but other than that, between the two of them, there is always one open throughout the day. There are 3 bars, two at the pools and one more formal, which again are open at various points in the day. Its true that the swim up portion of the one pool bar is closed, but the bar is still open. The golf course is under repairs, but both tennis courts were functional (with rackets and balls supplied by the hotel). Non-mortorized watersports were free of charge (and I didn`t take an all-inclusive, they are free for all guests) which include kayak, catarman and windsurfing.

Now a bit about my impressions. After visiting the other resorts in the same area, I came away with the feeling that the Grenada Grand is probably the best overall on the Grand Anse beach (which is the best beach on Grenada – white sand, close to 3km long if not longer). It might not be the tops in any particular category, but overall it is good. The fantasy pool is the largest in the area (300 feet), the beach is the nicest, it has the largest grounds (well kept after despite suffering from Hurricane Ivan in 2004 which uprooted many of the palm trees shown in the pictures on their website) so even when the resort is full it doesn`t seem crowded. The resort is on flat land, which is rare in Grenada, so it is easy to get around. The Grenada Grand is right across the road from a ScotiaBank and small plaza (fast-food restaurant, pharmacy, grocery store, souvenir shop etc) and a few minutes walking to more restaurants and shops in Grand Anse. It is a short bus trip to St. George’s.

The rooms in the older section (ie not the 4 storey building) are about 15-20 years old, but are in good condition. In response to one particular reviewer, I never saw any balcony close to falling apart. The satellite TV wasn`t working during my stay. I found the staff to be friendly and willing to help at all times. I found the food to be a bit expensive and low on quality, but the other restaurants in the area were quite good.

Its not a place where you will be pampered and treated like a movie star, but it is a good place to stay when visiting Grenada.

St Georges GrenadaSt Georges Grenada