3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Winter 2001 US$225-445 225-445
Summer 2001 US$185-375 185-375

A Romantic Resort

by iwys about Rex Grenadian

The Rex has two beaches: one for sunbathing and one for watersports. There is also a nice swimming pool, overlooking the sea and a fitness centre by a lagoon.

The food and service in the restaurants was excellent.

It is definitely worth taking an all-inclusive package. Guests who had booked room only all expressed their regret, as they eventually spent a lot more than if they had booked all-inclusive in the first place.

There is live entertainment every evening, ranging from steel bands to reggae and soca. You need that because there isn't a great deal of nightlife in Grenada, outside the hotels. The beautiful pool with its poolside cocktail bar and barbecue restaurant, is high up, on a ledge, ovelooking the two beaches.

There's free sunfish sailing, windsurfing and snorkelling. Sailing and diving instructors are available for a fee.

Nice Hotel on a beautifil beach

by caro1963 about Rex Grenadian

In August/September 2007 I stayed with my husband and my two children at the Rex, a great 3,5 stars hotel not far away from the airport and located on two of the most beautiful beaches of Grenada. I never thought that Grenada is so beautiful. I feel like I`m in paradise.
No stress, nice weather, beautiful sightseeing and a great landscape with waterfalls.
Also good cooking in a lot of restaurants nearby the hotel (maybe 5 - 10 min. by car or taxi). Available: hillside-, seaview- and rooms directly on the beach, also suites; an internat. restaurant (I didn`t enjoy it), an oriental Restaurant (very good), a bar, also poolbar great pool on a cliff between the two nice beaches, diving center, also snorkeling

Oil Down and Provision

by iwys about Rex Grenadian International Restaurant

The International Restarant at the Rex Grenadian Hotel serves very good buffets, with plenty of variety. The first night, I ate Crabback, which is crab meat fried with cassava flour, mahi mahi fish fillet and pancake with nutmeg and ice cream. The second night, it was porkloin, grilled marlin and lime pie. The night after that, I ate mixed seafood and Provision, which is a local dish made from yam and sweet potato.

If I go on any more, I'll just make us all feel hungry! Anyway, it was good.

The staff are lovely people too.

Wear your best clothes. I really liked trying the different local dishes, like pigeon pea and dumpling soup, conch chowder and Oil Down, which is a nutmeg, clove and pork casserole.

Live Music in the Hotels

by iwys about Rex Grenadian Hotel

The main hotels have live music every night. This includes every style of Caribbean music. One night there will be a reggae band, the next night a calypso singer, then a steel band and best of all, a soca band.

The best soca band in Grenada is Harmony's Brass. They have two girls up front, backed up by a thumping bass and a great brass section. Try to see them. They're really good. People dress smartly in the hotels at night. Some ladies even wear long dresses, but smart casual will suffice.

My Personal Grenadian Favourite

by DreamingSpain about Petite Anse Hotel

I utterly adored Petite Anse, staying there for a couple of days during my trip to Grenada. I didn't book with them initially because I wanted to be near Grand Anse beach, however I fell utterly in love with the hotel, Annie and Philip and Dog the Dog on arrival.

The service, facilities, amenities are simply perfect. Jamie the chef cooks delicious home made everything with flair and a smile.

Faultless. Location - the views over the Grenadines are breathtaking.

The infinity pool - watching people marvelling at a wonder of the world as they too enjoy the staggering views.

The staff are amazing. Special thanks go to Annie and Philip for creating this incredible treasure, and to Jamie and Michelle, Donna and Aaron. Those who aren't mentioned are thanked equally hugely.

The food - everything, wherever possible, is home produced and home made, including pineapples, bread, lettuces and herbs, sausages and icecreams.

Excellent hotel, beautiful island

We have visited the Rex Grenadian twice, once last year out of season and again recently in high season. On both occasions we have been absolutely satisfied. They have a very happy, welcoming staff, beautiful gardens and large, well-equipped rooms. The beach is a joy, you can find quiet places with plenty of shade but only yards from the sea. We love the place and intend to go back just as soon as we can.
The island is so green with wonderful flowers, there are so many places to walk especially around Grand Etang and there are hidden beaches where you can be absolutely alone (but I am keeping the location of these a secret - you must go and find them yourselves).

For an excellent taxi ask for Michael, for a really happy smile in the bar look for Silma - but all the people are happy and welcoming. Go if you can - ignore the critics - some people would find something to moan about in Paradise!

it is whatever you want it to be

Our holiday was booked from 14-21 March 2004 all inclusive at the Rex Grenadian. After reading a few reviews on this site , positive and negative we were a little apprehensive as to what we would encounter at the Rex. I am happy to say that the positive reviews won our approval and vote for accuracy and opinion. Subjective though opinions are we do believe that if you are looking for a hotel with good food plenty of choice and excellent interaction with the staff then this gets our vote. If you go to the Rex we would recommend all inclusive for a week, after this time you may not get full use of drinks and food as you will not be able to take anymore !. Something we found at the Rex that was not made clear to us before we went was the excellent dive facilities at Devotion 2 Oceon, a facility at the beach linked to the hotel. The trial dive under the superb instruction of Andrew made our holiday even better, if you want to put the icing on the cake as it were please bare this in mind, trust us on this one !. Also try to check out the many tours available before you go as you may not have time to fit it all in .To sum up if you are looking for a superb hotel geared up for catering for your needs we would recommend the Rex. p.s We hope you like Nutmeg !

Fantastic holiday

I read the reviews on this site before going to the Rex Grenadian for 2 weeks on 16th June 2004 and was a bit concerned about the poor reviews but need not of worried. As soon as we arrived (a group of 31 divers) I knew it was going to be great. Our room (the cheapest category) was large, comfortable and clean and even the hill view was very pleasing. I've never had good food in the Caribbean before but this food was excellent and the choice very good. The staff were exceedingly friendly and more than happy to oblige with a smile to any requests we made. The setting is wonderful and every evening we sat at the pool roof bar and watched the sun go down - if you go make sure your order of rum punch is in before the bar shuts at 6.00 pm although we found if we asked nicely we could get served until 6.30pm! The island is beutiful and we (6 of us) took a taxi tour of the island with Emery and his knowledge of spices and history was very informative and interesting. Devotion 2 Ocean dive club could not have been more friendly and helpful (it is not often you get your kit carried to the boat for you) and each of the 14 dive sites I visited were wonderful. This is a place I definitely want to come back to.

Great Time -- Likely to get Better

by TripAdvisor Member HollarUK

Our family of four recently returned from a week’s all-inclusive stay at the Rex Grenadian, 5-12 April 2004. Our first day was also the first day for the new general manager, so we expect the few rough spots to get some attention soon. Our reflections:Service: The staff was extremely friendly, warm and responsive. Once we asked at the front desk for some extra aloe, and it was waiting for us by the time we reached our room. We did find that the restaurant staff was a little slow to check our table to see if we needed more coffee, water and other items, but they were very responsive when asked. The staff at both the swimming pool bar and ocean-side bar were terrific, though everybody agreed that 6 pm was too early in the day for the ocean-side bar to close.Setting: The setting is beautiful, and the snorkeling off the beaches by the hotel was some of the best we've seen. Sitting on the beach or walking along the beach at sunset is especially beautiful, and hotel is perfectly positioned for some spectacular sunsets. We were never bothered by airport noise.Facilities: Solidly a 3 star hotel. The rooms are basic but always clean. The common areas were very comfortable and the daily tea at 4 pm was pleasant, and a nice treat for those who didn’t eat much lunch (see below). The pool is a great feature. The shortage of beach lounge chairs was a negative. The ping-pong and billiards area could use some sprucing up.Food: Again, solidly 3 star. We found the food to be fine overall. Local food was always on offer, and the resort seemed to have plenty of choices at the main meals. The fresh fruit every morning at breakfast was a big highlight, as were the desserts at dinner (although we didn't eat many of them, but they all looked yummy and there were a lot of them). Lunch at the pool seemed a little bleak unless you were content to have cheeseburgers every day. We had planned to eat one meal off-site anyway, and were thrilled to discover a great restaurant just a four-minute walk up the beach -- the Aquarium. Highly recommended.Excursions: We booked through Virgin Tours and found their on-site rep to be a fabulous help, both with lining up excursions and with arranging our “check-in/chill out” late departure on check-out day. (Where else can you literally be snorkeling an hour and a half before your international flight boards?) We especially loved the Adventure Tours open-top jeep tour of the island and the responsiveness of the Devotion 2 Ocean team for scuba and snorkeling. If you can swing a flight to Union Island to board a sailboat for all-day sailing and snorkeling around the neighboring Grenadines, do it. It's an established excursion on the Scaramouche, and they'll help you with this at the excursion desk, but you have to book early.

Waterfront St. George'sWaterfront St. George's

The Titanic of the CaribbeanThe Titanic of the Caribbean

Holiday in October

by cassie53

Hi,

After hearing a report about grenda I really want to go. We are thinking about going about 11th october for l week. We have been offered the Grenadian hotel (rex resorts) and would like to know everything!!! we need to know about going at that time eg. weather! I heard it may not be so good, and what we should do. Or would it be better to go a different time of the year. Looking forward to any response!

by ricky52

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
This information should be used as a guide only.
Here is the average weather for Point Salines, Grenada for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

October
High 85f / 29c
Low 76f / 24c

by cassie53

Hi again, sorry to bother you, but is this a good time of the year to go?

Regards

by ricky52

For me, these temperatures would be very comfortable.
Not too hot, but I don’t know if you can expect rain or not.
It all depends on what temperatures you are used to.
Either way, enjoy your holiday.

by silverfox01

I have been there several times and found it very pleasant in October as its cooler than the summer, but you never know what to expect... rain or sunshine, it can alternate so quickly from one moment to the next, but nothing that spoiled any of our trips out there.

Rex Grenadian is a pleasant hotel, not bad but we preferred the Trueblue Bay Resort.

Things to do.... top of our list is always the adventure river tubing and the jeep tour. they are on www.adventuregrenada.com Great staff, service and loads of fun... not the restrictive bus tours. The full day jeep tour includes a local lunch stop and the food is included, its great value for money.

Renting a car / jeep on your own and exploring is a good option, but for the more brave hearted as the local drivers (especially the mini buses) are always in a rush.

Loads of restaurants for dinner, Coconuts Beach located on the Grand Anse beach is a favorite of ours.

Its a lovely little island.

Metal Detectors in Grenada?

by TuanRonski

Just wondering what problems I might have in traveling to Grenada with a metal detector and using it during my beachcombing activities?

Re: Metal Detectors in Grenada?

by Rachael71

Hi Ron,

I'm sure somebody here will know the answer, but if not, try asking the question on the travel forum at: http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/ A lot of the board members are Grenadian so should be able to provide accurate local advice. Happy hunting!

Re: Re: Metal Detectors in Grenada?

by TuanRonski

Rachael-
Thanks for responding- I do follow the GrenadaExplorer forums( CaribRon), and a metal detector topic has been recently introduced, but so far, no real info. If you try a search on 'travel, metal detectors, etc) about all you get are topics on airport security metal detectors.
Ron

hotel in grenada?

by jujub

hello,

going to grenada, wondering which hotel should i stay at:

grand view inn
or
flamboyant hotel
or
true blue bay resort

i want to stay close to the beach -- beachfront is even better! =)

thanks!!

judy

Re: hotel in grenada?

by babash

I would suggest Paradise Inn Carriacou , on Grenada's sister island Carriacou.
It's located direct on Paradoise Beach, it's cheap, and people are very friendly.
Have a look at their website , which has a lot of information for visitors of the Grenadines.
Paradise Inn carriacou http://www.paradise-inn-carriacou.com

Re: hotel in grenada?

by curiousx

If you go to Carriacou, I ditto the advice on Paradise Inn.

I very much like the Flamboyant Hotel on Grenada. It will be partially open for business soon (following post-hurricane repairs). That said, it is a steep walk down to the beach so your legs need to be in shape. We normally hung out further along the beach where the strand was broader and so we would be near the vendors selling beer and snacks from coolers.

Check the sticky at the Forum page of www.grenadaexplorear.com which gives complete daily updates on the status of all Grenadian businesses. (BTW, Carriacou was not affected by Ivan)

Comments