Privilege Resort And Spa

Anse Marcel, St. Maarten/St. Martin, 97150, Caribbean

More about Saint Martin

not yet a butterfly!not yet a butterfly!

Baie Longue - Long BeachBaie Longue - Long Beach

Marigot HarborfrontMarigot Harborfront

the front of the shipthe front of the ship

Travel Tips for Saint Martin

The Friendly Island

by Suzanne123

Yes people are friendly here, but don't dare give someone a hard time. Attitude.

I was looking at a child's dress but told the vendor it was too big. I wanted a size for a newborn. She said she had it and proceeded to look through a large bag of stuff. She found it and when i then refused to purchase it she cussed me out for making her work so hard!

I asked a lady vendor at the Marigot market to take her photo. She cussed me out for not buying anything and expecting her to pose for me!

My taxi driver was not allowed to enter the gated community where i was staying. He cussed the attendant out!

I was shocked at first, but then got use to it. Only happened three times this trip, so I guess it was not that bad, but now I look back at it and smile.

Heineken Regatta

by Fate3000

If you have a chance to sail in the Heineken Regatta (held every March), DO IT! And if you don't have a boat, try to party with the sailors in Phillipsburg at the Greenhouse or in Marigot Bay and if you become friends with the right ones, they might invite you along the next day - it happened to me!

Ilet Pinel (Pinel Island)

by Fam_Stoica

Ilet Pinel (Pinel Island) offers calm waters for bathing, a superb beach with golden sand and excellent snorkelling opportunities.

There are small ferry-boats linking Cul-de-Sac and Pinel Island; the 10-minutes trip ($5) is enchanting.

St. Martin

by otrlady

"Marigot"

We visited the island on a cruise, and decided to spend the day exploring Marigot. There were four of us, so we were able to get a local tour guide/taxi driver to take us for $15 each. He dropped us off in downtown Marigot about 10am, and we arranged for pickup two hours later. We spent the two hours browsing the stores.

Prices were on the high side for us, but not unusual for a boutique. For instance, ladies skirts and swimsuits ranged from $60-$100. We bought a couple T-shirts in the $20 range, and mostly just enjoyed the sights. If you go, be aware that the shops all close from 12pm-2pm each day, and may not open on Sunday at all.

Saint Martin

by grovier

"Philipsburg"

On the Nederlander side of the island is completely structured for tourism.
Each day 3 to 5 cruising american boats stay for a day in the harbour and the town is invaded by thousands of tourist who want essentially buy cigars and cigarettes...
All the city center is a big market place with casinos and beverages shops.

"The french side ..."

...of the island is not vrry interesting. Marigot, is a common place, even if people are very affable and you're welcome.
The marina is a big one.
Grand case, situated on the north of the island is a nice place with a large beach and many restaurants with prices variable with the level of the cooker- I hope it's so-.

Comments